/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Most of the posts consist of

khalid zaheer
07-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Assalaam o alaikum

I found here that most of the post in most of the threads consist of the words

"very good", "nice post", "good to share with us", "thanks to share with us", etc

its not surprising?

Allah hafiz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 08:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid zaheer
Assalaam o alaikum

"very good", "nice post", "good to share with us", "thanks to share with us", etc

its not surprising?

Allah hafiz
Does that bother you? What are you looking for? Dialogue??? Debate???

khalid zaheer
07-27-2006, 09:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Does that bother you? What are you looking for? Dialogue??? Debate???
Assalaam o alaikum

If there is no need to dialogue or debate then what we are doing here?

Allah hafiz

thahira
07-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Assalaam o alaikum

its not surprising?

Allah hafiz
Salam to everyone

I may agree with you bro most of the post consists of such words or phrase. At least people are thanking or either appreciating that someone has come up with a good post or article. But yes we can able to debate as well provided the articles posted requires such attentions.

Well we are not gonna have another war in this forum eh?

Wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 09:21 AM
It's nice to show appreciation but I understand the point khalid zaheer is making. I find myself responding in the world affairs section because there's more dialogue.

I think it's easier for people to use words of agreement than engage in dialogue. I think it seems "safer".

I actually enjoy opposing opinions to my statements. I learn most from this type of dialogue. It's as if it opens my mind to unknown territory.

AnonymousPoster
07-27-2006, 09:23 AM
good post.

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 09:23 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

I don't get it.....so does he want us to stop saying that!!!....or say sumthing elses instead!!!:?:?

syilla
07-27-2006, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

I don't get it.....so does he want us to stop saying that!!!....or say sumthing elses instead!!!:?:?
me too... please explain more...

*and i usually say great post...because it is a great post...

and i say thank you..because i really felt grateful...

i don't really just agree...or just to be safer.

searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

I don't think that he wants anyone to stop saying those terms. He just wants a thought or two attached to the response.

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 09:37 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

a thought our two huh???....:-\

for me personally it's along those lines of what the bro was mentioning :hiding:, but i doo add abit more to it from time to time!!!
mainly cause your browsing the forums and you might come across quite a few good posts....i just find it a nice and quick way to show my gratitude...
well i understanding what he means now...

Allah ma3ak!! good thread:p

wa alaykum ass salaam

al-fateh
07-27-2006, 05:04 PM
well you have to take into the consideration of the reputation system, it can be a fireback...

searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh
well you have to take into the consideration of the reputation system, it can be a fireback...
True. I think some people are overly concerned with getting rep points. What does it prove? LOL I think it sometimes makes people afraid of voicing their minds. I'd rather get negative feedback and make a point than say nothing and remain safe. But then again I don't pay much attention to the rep system.

I am glad that khalid zaheer started this post. I've been more attentive to my posts since he posted this question.

Name
07-27-2006, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
good post.
:lol: stop rubbing it in!

Halima
07-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Assalaam o alaikum

Allah hafiz

No one has to "debate" just to learn about Islam, they say those things for many reasons.

If you posted something beneficial and not a single person complimented you, how would that make you feel.

Fishman
07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
good post.
:sl:
Lol! Uber irony!

I don't think that most of the posts are just simple phrases at all, most of them are interesting, entertaining (especially if posted by Muzzein or Alpha Dude), and show the poster's true opinion about an issue.
:w:

snakelegs
07-27-2006, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
I actually enjoy opposing opinions to my statements. I learn most from this type of dialogue. It's as if it opens my mind to unknown territory.
this is an excellent point. almost everything i've learned, i've learned from people who i disagreed with.
there are plenty of debates and discussions going on here!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-27-2006, 11:50 PM
It doesnt hurt to appreciate others..>.< would get kinda boring if all u see is debates n no generosity>_>..but then again i could be wrong :O

aamirsaab
07-27-2006, 11:53 PM
:sl:
Not everyone can debate.

Additionally, not every thread is a debate.

Therefore, not every post will contain a debate.

House moment: Is anyone else seeing a pattern here?!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-28-2006, 12:19 AM
yea...u said debate 3 times at the end of each sentence...duh! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.