/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Water or Coke?

bronumba1
07-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Read this...VERY interesting and MIND-Opening (for lack of a better word)

WATER OR COKE?
Eye Opening Information!
This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

9. If you have chronic headaches or migraines, suck down a 20oz bottle of water at the onset!!! It helps to lessen the pain (if you follow that with Gatorade or Pedialite it will help even more!!)

COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the \\"real thing\\" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from porcelain and china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is...

Would you like a Coke or a glass of water?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
07-27-2006, 12:08 PM
maybe not coke but i loveeeee my fizzy drinks :D

n i guess i don't mind reeally fresh cold water too.. but fizzy drink better ;D that's just ME lol

thanks 4 that tho reeally intersting.. wish i could quit.. will be a long time b4 that tho lol

chacha_jalebi
07-27-2006, 12:10 PM
mmmm lol i know i know i know lol fizzy drinks r bad but its all bout dr pepper & vimto :D :p

Hijaabi22
07-27-2006, 12:10 PM
definitely COKE! I NEVER EVR drink water bad i know but i h8 the taste of it... lol its tasteless.. need 2 start drinkin lots of it tho cos my skin is gettin ruined ! lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
[I:GM] Forum
07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
interesting information jazzak'Allah

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 12:14 PM
I had coke afew days ago. I don't drink Fizzys as much as i used to.

I haven't not drunk it because of any 'boycott', im just cutting back on Junk.

Fishman
07-27-2006, 12:15 PM
:sl:
what about those alternative cokes, like Mecca-Cola, or the now-defunct Quiba-Cola?
:w:

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 12:15 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

y'know i try not to drink alot of fizzy drinks..i only drink like once every now and then when i feel like it!!
i was like what your sayin was true nodding at every single thing you said right, and then i scrolled down and saw the picture of the coke..........

Aaaaaah it just looks soooooo nice and refreshing!!...:wub:

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Tried mecca cola 3 years 1 month ago :p

didn't like it.

Fishman
07-27-2006, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Tried mecca cola 3 years 1 month ago :p

didn't like it.
Did it taste like those disgusting 'cokes' that come in those square plastic cartons that you have to pierce with a straw?

*Umm_Umar*
07-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah it's unreal how much crap goes into coke! I still have it though lol.
When your outside, hot and exhausted, it feels so good.
But i don't have it that much though, only when i'm really thirsty, otherwise i have water or a healthy smoothie :D

adi8putra
07-27-2006, 12:24 PM
thanx 4 d info bro! I've never seriusly been addicted to coke anyway. cant stand the sweatness of it.... too much sugar is not good 4 ur health....:hiding:

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Do fizzy drinks make your teeth go bad?
^^ yeh deffo lol, there's alot of freaky experiments they done and the results are scary..

apparently even if u brush ur teeth and all that, it still makes ur bones go weeker coz its like an acid/base reaction or soemthing...

man i knwo alll about the bad sides of this, but i'm just toooooo addicted to it.. love the fizziness!! its just irresistable.. i loveeee my passion fruit soft drinks!!

salamz

Abdulwaheed
07-27-2006, 12:26 PM
The sugar in the fizzy drinks make ur teeth go bad

Mawaddah
07-27-2006, 12:27 PM
I haven't had a Bottle of Coke in more than a year now.......

Last time I had a fizzy drink was last week, and that was only a few sips. I really Dislike that Stuff. Water is what I'd go for everytime!!

9. If you have chronic headaches or migraines, suck down a 20oz bottle of water at the onset!!! It helps to lessen the pain (if you follow that with Gatorade or Pedialite it will help even more!!)
This really works people!! :happy: I do it all the time.

Before I used to get these realllllllly bad headaches and migraines, and then a close friend of mine found out that I was only drinking about 1/2 a glass of water a day :X Well I got a good going over because of that and since that I've been drinking water like every half hour...........and hardly any headaches alhamdulillah :)

Which means that you can keep away from all those tylenols and panadols and all that rubbish......they dont really work anyway :-\

Malaikah
07-27-2006, 12:29 PM

whats 20oz?? :?

umm-sulaim
07-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Lol.....hahaha good luck fizzzy drink lovers haha.....

Alahamdulillah i hate fizzy drinks anyway!! except KA pineapple and ginger beer, and even them i only have once in a blue moon..

Mawaddah
07-27-2006, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

whats 20oz?? :?
1 cup is 8 ounces :D

oz = ounces

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 12:34 PM
i think she'd prefer defining 1 ounce in metric terms lol.. she no brit :X

SirZubair
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Did it taste like those disgusting 'cokes' that come in those square plastic cartons that you have to pierce with a straw?
Coke in cartons :? Dont get those in NewZealand :D

SirZubair
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Do fizzy drinks make your teeth go bad?
Everyone, make way from my friend ALPHA EINSTIEN ! :giggling:

aamirsaab
07-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Have any of you tried water and coke?

It tastes like crap-cola. Which sucks, big time. Bleugh.

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 12:37 PM
^^ yuck man lol

i managed to get off coke ages ago... but i switched to something better, passion fruit soft drinks! :D

Fishman
07-27-2006, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Have any of you tried water and coke?
Is that woke or cater?
:playing:

aamirsaab
07-27-2006, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bronumba1
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory,
Many things can trigger fuzzy short term memory...

trouble with basic math,
Or that maybe because you're mentally retarded (i'm being serious!)

and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
Shoulda gone to specsavers. hahaha I made a funny.:brother:

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Is that woke or cater?
I guess you could call it either one of em. I prefer "crap-cola" or another version which contains expletives so I'm not allowed to post it.

bronumba1
07-27-2006, 12:43 PM
cool stuff never recieved that many replies on any of my threads as i have done for dis one.

OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC
PS. Guy's ma 'U'za page is finally complete dont check it out :lol:

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 12:44 PM
lol

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 12:46 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i heard it takes 40 days for the chemicals in your system from the fizzy drink to get outta your system...anyone heard aswell...

i knew of a brother who used to have alot of fizzy drinks with his lunches everyday mainly!....he felt sick and went to the doctors, they told him that only 3% of his liver was workin' (or was it a 1/3:?:?)....sumthing like that basically only a small amount of it was functioning!!:uhwhat

aamirsaab
07-27-2006, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

i heard it takes 40 days for the chemicals in your system from the fizzy drink to get outta your system...anyone heard aswell...
First I've heard of it. Perhaps i'll look into it.

i knew of a brother who used to have alot of fizzy drinks with his lunches everyday mainly!....he felt sick and went to the doctors, they told him that only 3% of his liver was workin' (or was it a 1/3:?:?)....sumthing like that basically only a small amount of it was functioning!!:uhwhat
Was he pakistani? I bet he was. Or had relatives that were. Silly pakistani.

FYI, I'm pakistani so I know we drink loads - in pakistan, it practically comes out of the taps!

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 12:51 PM
LOL i wonder hwo much it costs to travel to pakistan :D

how cool, if only the water resevoirs could be replaced with fizzy ones!

Ameeratul Layl
07-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Salam,
I once watched documentary and I think they showed it ont the news too.

A Scientist poured coke onto a chnk of meat. Not only did the meat change a disgusting colour but it began decaying.

So, all coke drinkers. Beware!

Wasalam

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 12:52 PM
ass salamu alaykum

Was he pakistani? I bet he was. Or had relatives that were. Silly pakistani
NO he was'nt, he was a french morrocan!!

FYI, I'm pakistani so I know we drink loads - in pakistan, it practically comes out of the taps!
LOOOOL!! ;D;D *out of the taps :ooh:*

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
I haven't had a Bottle of Coke in more than a year now.......

Last time I had a fizzy drink was last week, and that was only a few sips. I really Dislike that Stuff. Water is what I'd go for everytime!!

This really works people!! :happy: I do it all the time.

Before I used to get these realllllllly bad headaches and migraines, and then a close friend of mine found out that I was only drinking about 1/2 a glass of water a day :X Well I got a good going over because of that and since that I've been drinking water like every half hour...........and hardly any headaches alhamdulillah :)

Which means that you can keep away from all those tylenols and panadols and all that rubbish......they dont really work anyway :-\

ass salaamu alaykum

you know what Sis.....i ain't used it for that!!...but i always drink it when i'm feeling sick (car sick ...etc) , nauseas and all....it makes the nausea go away :thumbs_up that's another good thing about it!! :thumbs_up

[I:GM] Forum
07-27-2006, 01:52 PM
that picture of the coke is makeing me thirsty.....

Kittygyal
07-27-2006, 02:05 PM
ahh i want some coke i love coke but can't drink it after i had me OP :(

Kittygyal
07-27-2006, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by [I:GM] Forum
that picture of the coke is makeing me thirsty.....
just think about the poor when they need water :cry: :cry:

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I drunk 1.5lt's of water in the past hour.

i don't think i can drink anymore.

lol.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
Salam,
I once watched documentary and I think they showed it ont the news too.

A Scientist poured coke onto a chnk of meat. Not only did the meat change a disgusting colour but it began decaying.

So, all coke drinkers. Beware!

Wasalam
I sometimes marinate ham in coke. It does make the meat tender. I guess the tissue breaks down, like you mentioned above. The sugar also gives it a sweet carmelized taste. I guess it could be used in other types of meat too, but I haven't tried it.

TheRightOne
08-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Very useful info thanks

life
08-03-2006, 07:01 AM
Thanks god I dont really like fizzy drinks.....i think water is da besst...specially warm water.........

Woodrow
08-03-2006, 07:04 AM
All fizzy drinks contain phosphoric acid. It is the result when you dissolve carbon dioxide in water. It's best use was the making of beautiful limestone caverns such as mammoth cave here in the USA and that is just from the small amount of CO2 dissolved in rain water.

lolwatever
08-03-2006, 08:14 AM
^^ *imagining those stuff forming in my mouth*:hiding:

Mujahidah4Allah
08-04-2006, 05:06 PM
lol ^ :giggling:

i prever vater , i drink coke now and then but not all the time ...

ma'salamah

asiya45
08-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Assalamualikum,
nice post :)

al-fateh
08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
cool info

ill have water

Mujahidah4Allah
08-05-2006, 09:13 PM

good on you water people :D

ma'salamah

amatu
08-05-2006, 10:18 PM
water for me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.