/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Explain this hadith, please.

baby_muslimah
07-28-2006, 09:18 PM
:sl:

i dont understand this hadith..

It was reported that Abu Hurayrah said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews and the Christians do not dye their hair, so be different from them.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3275; Muslim, 2103).

please can someone explain 2 me.. thank u.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-28-2006, 10:03 PM

Sahih Muslim

Book 024, Number 5245:
Abu Horaira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Jews and the Christians do not dye (their hair), so oppose them.

That means we SHOULD dye our hair in order to be different to them because we shouldnt immitate the kuffar (disbelievers). We will be raised up with those we love and with those we immitate.

So lets be different and dye our hair :D

:salamext:

Rou
07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Looking at the hadith how does that makes sense?

read the quran and stick what allah has said and not to what some say the prophet PBUH has said...

for we have no solid proof that what they say is 100% true unfortunatly

better to stick to what we know rather than what we think we know...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-28-2006, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rou
Looking at the hadith how does that makes sense?

read the quran and stick what allah has said and not to what some say the prophet PBUH has said...

for we have no solid proof that what they say is 100% true unfortunatly

better to stick to what we know rather than what we think we know...

What the 'some' people have said is infact more than you can imagine. If you leave the Sunnah and the Hadiths, there is no more Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
07-28-2006, 10:25 PM
salaam

i think bro mazed interpretation was right, because there are several hadiths & situations which show we should be different from the jews & christians, i.e - having friday as a holy day, because the jews & christians have the sat & sun, also the direction for prayer, before it was jerusalem but it was changed to makkah, because jews started 2 say der qibla was jerusalem, so Allah (swt) sed 2 RasoolAllah (saw) 2 tel d ummah 2 change d direction of d qibla 2 Makkah, so muslims cud b different frm d jews & christians!!

also not every single hadiths in bukhari, muslim, ibn majah, nisaai, tirmidhi, abu dawod, r authentic, but dese collection of hadiths r known as most authentic :D:D:D:D

Rou
07-28-2006, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

What the 'some' people have said is infact more than you can imagine. If you leave the Sunnah and the Hadiths, there is no more Islam.

Brother i meant no insult i merely state that i beleivei in the quran , and without the hadihs an the sunnah we still have the quran and that is what the prophet PBUH left us so islam does still go on...

my point was that we were told to follow the quran that was the message the hadiths are what are SAID to be the prophets (PBUH) words,
however many of the hadiths at times seem not to make sense unlike the clairty of the quran...

chacha_jalebi
07-28-2006, 10:42 PM
so rou brother are you saying you dont belive in the hadiths ?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Brother i meant no insult i merely state that i beleivei in the quran , and without the hadihs an the sunnah we still have the quran and that is what the prophet PBUH left us so islam does still go on...

my point was that we were told to follow the quran that was the message the hadiths are what are SAID to be the prophets (PBUH) words,
however many of the hadiths at times seem not to make sense unlike the clairty of the quran...

Please tell me where in the Quran it tells you how to pray? Where does it tell you all the types of prayers? Where does it tell you the details of Zakah? The Adhan? The minimum value for a theifs hand to be cut? And there are many many other such examples.

You need the Hadiths to fully understand the Quran. If the Quran was all that was needed Allah would have revealed the Quran on top of a mountain but he sent it with a Man. The Prophet :arabic5: . In order that we can understand the Quran and know how it is applied. So he can teach us the Hikmah, which is so often mentioned in the Quran. Ask yourself that, what does Allah mean when he speaks of the Hikmah?

And if Allah mentions it and says that He gave the Prophet that, then it becomes incumbent for Allah to preserve it so Mankid can learn from it.

Again, if you take only the Quran you wont have any Islam. The Quran and the Hadiths/Sunnah go hand in hand. The Quran inevitably leads you to the Sunnah. Go read up on the preservation of the Hadiths. They have been protected in such a way that the protection upon them is second only to the Protection given by Allah to the Quran.

Rou
07-28-2006, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
so rou brother are you saying you dont belive in the hadiths ?
No not exactly imsaying i stick to the quran as the single solid word of god im not saying the hadiths and sunnahs are nothing but lies i didnt say that im saying that i dont take them to be 100% solid as the quran...

for example if the hadith says i should dye my hair to be diffrent!? i dont take this to be allahs command that is 100% what was said or is law...

if it is in the quran i see it as allahs word..

Rou
07-28-2006, 11:11 PM

Please tell me where in the Quran it tells you how to pray? Where does it tell you all the types of prayers? Where does it tell you the details of Zakah? The Adhan? The minimum value for a theifs hand to be cut? And there are many many other such examples.

You need the Hadiths to fully understand the Quran. If the Quran was all that was needed Allah would have revealed the Quran on top of a mountain but he sent it with a Man. The Prophet :arabic5: . In order that we can understand the Quran and know how it is applied. So he can teach us the Hikmah, which is so often mentioned in the Quran. Ask yourself that, what does Allah mean when he speaks of the Hikmah?

And if Allah mentions it and says that He gave the Prophet that, then it becomes incumbent for Allah to preserve it so Mankid can learn from it.

Again, if you take only the Quran you wont have any Islam. The Quran and the Hadiths/Sunnah go hand in hand. The Quran inevitably leads you to the Sunnah. Go read up on the preservation of the Hadiths. They have been protected in such a way that the protection upon them is second only to the Protection given by Allah to the Quran.

I agree we need the instructions but as i stated we cannot be 100% that certain aspects have not been misintrepretated or tampered with...there are those hadiths that are quite clear and hold there weight as what the prophet (PBUH) said and there are those that make you think...

all im saying is the quran is what is stated as allahs word and the hadiths are what the prophet said (pbuh) however they are stated to us throough the mouths of others we must be careful of what we follow within them compared to the quran that is allahs word...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-28-2006, 11:19 PM

That has already been done for us by the scholors of old. Bukhari and Muslim are the 2 most authentic books of hadith out there. Inshallah, you can read up about that yourself. These people and many others spent there whole lives doing this very thing that you are stating. Travelling miles and miles for finding hadiths, authenticating them, writing them down, passing them down etc.

Not only are the hadiths known, but the detailed lives of those who transmitted Hadiths are known. That is a science in and of itself, called the Ilm ur Rijal - the science of Men.

And there is a method of classifying Hadiths as well. You can look that up too Inshallah.

There has been left no room what so ever for error by the Grace of Allah and His Mercy.

Rou
07-29-2006, 08:07 AM

That has already been done for us by the scholors of old. Bukhari and Muslim are the 2 most authentic books of hadith out there. Inshallah, you can read up about that yourself. These people and many others spent there whole lives doing this very thing that you are stating. Travelling miles and miles for finding hadiths, authenticating them, writing them down, passing them down etc.

Not only are the hadiths known, but the detailed lives of those who transmitted Hadiths are known. That is a science in and of itself, called the Ilm ur Rijal - the science of Men.

And there is a method of classifying Hadiths as well. You can look that up too Inshallah.

There has been left no room what so ever for error by the Grace of Allah and His Mercy.

Indeed thank you for the information, i dont doubt that the utmost was done to look into these hadiths but some seem to be much diffrent to what the quran says...either way best way to learn is to research...

however as i state the quran is the word of allah and in the end the hadiths are the words of men...

we were told to follow the quran..indeed there were instructions left by the prophet (PBUH) and they should be followed but for example the dying the hair color that does not seem to be followed any ideas why!?

i mean on what basis is it not followed as much as other statments?

Samee
07-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Indeed thank you for the information, i dont doubt that the utmost was done to look into these hadiths but some seem to be much diffrent to what the quran says...either way best way to learn is to research...

however as i state the quran is the word of allah and in the end the hadiths are the words of men...

we were told to follow the quran..indeed there were instructions left by the prophet (PBUH) and they should be followed but for example the dying the hair color that does not seem to be followed any ideas why!?

i mean on what basis is it not followed as much as other statments?

What is so doubtful about that hadith? The Jews and the Christians don't dye their hair. To be different from them, it is good that we dye our hair using the henna. It is what separates us from them, and it is the way we can find each other. If you see two men, both having long beards and white hair, can you differentiate between them? Can you tell me which one is a jew and which one is a muslim? Now, if one of them had a reddish tint in his hair, would you then be able to classify him more accurately?

I suggest we stop this conversation as some of us may fall into sin doubting the words of our holy prophet (upon him be peace). Do your research, and then we may resume the talks.

ameen
07-29-2006, 06:09 PM
salam,

we're not doubting the words of the Prophet.

we're doubting the HADITH.

do you not know the difference between the two?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-29-2006, 06:17 PM
the scholars who rote the hadith where of our Prophets (saws) time so how cud it be rong?! the hadith is clearly the word of our Prophet (saws).. believe wt u want 2..

07-29-2006, 06:23 PM
The Quran tells us to obey Allah and his messenger.
How can we obey what the prophet has told us if we are to question the hadith?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-29-2006, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameen-
salam,

we're not daubting the words of the Prophet.

we're doubting the HADITH.

do you not know the difference between the two?

The Hadiths are the words of the Prophet :arabic5: The words of the Prophet :arabic5: are the Hadiths.

The Quran that we have today was recited to us by the same mouth that told the Hadiths. How can you differentiate between the two when they came from the same person?

Musalmaan
07-29-2006, 07:53 PM

The Quran that we have today was recited to us by the same mouth that told the Hadiths. How can you differentiate between the two when they came from the same person?

n thats the very important point to understand, and thats whats make the difference between the saved sect (those who follow the way of prophet and his companion, ahlus sunnah wal jamaah) and all of the rest deviated sects ideologies and believes.

:ws:

Daffodil
08-01-2006, 08:30 PM
I wonder if that hadith wud still apply because jews n christians do dye their hair as dying of the hair is like the norm these days every one dyes their hair.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-01-2006, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
I wonder if that hadith wud still apply because jews n christians do dye their hair as dying of the hair is like the norm these days every one dyes their hair.
i think it means if they do it as part of there religion sis, hardly any jews/christians properly follow there religion anymore though...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.