/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Honesty Goes A Long Way

sistajannah
05-30-2005, 09:10 PM
HONESTY GOES A LONG WAY

Several years ago an Imam moved to London, United Kingdom. He often took the bus from his home to the downtown area. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the same bus. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a twenty pence (a.k.a 'tuppence') too
much change.

As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, you better give the twenty pence back. It would be wrong to keep it. Then he thought, "Oh, forget it, it's only tuppence.

Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway the bus company
already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from Allah (swt) and keeps quiet."

When his stop came, the Imam paused momentarily at the door, then he handed the twenty pence back to the driver and said, "Here, you gave me too much change". The driver with a smile, replied,"Aren't you the new Imam in this area? I have been thinking lately about going to worship at your Mosque.I just wanted to see what you would do, if I gave you too much change."

When the Imam stepped off the bus, his knees became weak and soft he had to grab the nearest light pole and held on for support, and looked up to the heavens and cried: "Oh Allah, I almost sold You and Islam for twenty pence!"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-30-2005, 09:14 PM
:sl:

Good Post sister :)

al faqeer
05-31-2005, 05:57 AM

I read this quite a while back , but jazakumullah khair for the reminder :) .

Muhammad
06-01-2005, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
nice one,

an old one though for me :brother:

but................. u cud hv posted this in GENERAL SECTION
why here, in POETRY sec ??? :brother:
Why is everything old for you zAK? You must do a lot of reading Masha'Allaah! I was wondering the same thing btw...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sistajannah
06-01-2005, 11:00 AM

sorry ppl i post it here because there is no story place to post it in....lol

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.