/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question :)

*Ladan*
07-29-2006, 05:41 PM
:sl:
I was talking to my brother about the hijab and so on, anyways i wear the hijab outside and wear trousers when i am in indoors, at home.

He told me that a woman shouldnt be wearing trousers even at home because she is still imitating men.

*The clothes of Muslim women should not resemble men's clothes*

Basically he gived me this example of a man who outside dresses like a man and at home wears women clothes, how it didnt add up and same with the woman.

All this made me think and I am pretty confused now, whats your view is he right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-29-2006, 05:49 PM
:salamext:

Women wearing jeans

Question:

my question to you is on ladies waring jeans. is it at all allowed. i know that you may have answered this question but i'm not to clear on the point of jeans.also please state the punishment for doing so.

this is very importatnt to me and i would appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Jibreen (may Allaah preserve him) was asked about the ruling on women wearing jeans. He replied:

“As for women wearing pants or trousers, this is not permitted, even if she is on her own or in front of other women or her husband, except if she is in a closed room with her husband only. Apart from that, it is not permitted because it shows the details of her body and makes her get used to these clothes. So she is not permitted to wear these clothes at all.” (al-Nukhbah min al-Fataawaa al-Nisaa’iyyah, p. 30).

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen was also asked about the ruling on women wearing any kind of pants or trousers. He (may Allaah preserve him) answered:

“I think that women should not wear trousers at all, even if there is no one with her apart from her husband, because this is imitating men. The ones who wear trousers are men, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed women who imitate men.”

Majmoo’ Fataawaa wa Rasaa’il al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, part 12, p. 287

source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=imitate

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Daffodil
08-01-2006, 08:33 PM
in this country (england) trousers are made for men and women, u get girly trousers n manly trousers, so if u wore girly trousers that are made only for women then how is that imitating men?

in some cultures skirts for women is the norm n in some cultures skirts for men are the norm n in british culture trousers for men and women are the norm so that wudnt be imitating men.

Sahabiyaat
08-01-2006, 08:42 PM
oh.....

how about trousers under a dress ??

i must say, just jeans do look really bad +o(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samira_01
08-02-2006, 12:59 PM
i think that wearing trousers is wrong , not all trousers but there is some that shows ur body shape ..well i heard that ur not allowed to wear anything that showes ur body shape even if its womans only. womans are not allowed to see womans body from up down there knees.

pls correct me if im wrong

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.