/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Acne Solution!!!!

IceQueen~
07-29-2006, 06:20 PM
:sl: here's some news for all those who have the uhh...waht would you call it?-misfortune?-of suffering from the acne thingy...

there is a company called FOREVER LIVING PRODUCTS who sell pure products containing mostly aloe vera and NO HARSH CHEMICALS etc..

lots of people have used their porducts for acne (skincare stuff) as well as other problems (ranging from IBS cystitis, arthritis blaa blaa what not..)

fro acne they have something called aloe propolis cream which contains as well as aloe vera (which has 19 of the 20 amino acids there are (7 of the 8 essential ones) and which has over 4000 yrs written history of its healing properties and whcih is excellent for the immune system...I could go on..)
as well as bee propolis which is made by bees in their hives and which is so anti bacterial (etc) that inside a bee's hive is cleaner than an operating theatre!!

you can also use the pure aloe vera gel (which is just absolutely pure gel and a harmless stabiliser to keep the gel from going off cos once you extract it from the leaf it has to be used within 4 hrs normally)

there is a also an aloe face scrub..

other than these there are loads of dif products for everyday life like deoderant, toothpaste, make up, pure aloe drinks, and vit supplments (aloe vera has loadsa vits and minerals)

and the best thing is that everything is totally safe with no chemicals etc
for example -normal deoderants contains harmful stuff which works by stopping you from sweating (which means your body retains the harmful toxins it would otherwise have released and which cause cancer etc)
the aloe vera deoderant does not stop you from sweating but it stops the bacteria (which causes the smell in the first place) so there is no odour at all...

if anyone wants more info or wants to buy anything they can email: ilmcat1@yahoo.co.uk insha allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IceQueen~
07-29-2006, 06:26 PM
sorry-forgot to add (the big plus) EVERYTHING IS HALAL!!!

searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the information. I'll take a look at it. I bought some Mary Kay Acne products but my boys won't use them. Maybe these will seem more masculine to them.

Malaikah
07-30-2006, 06:08 AM
:sl:

^Boys and face wash just dont mix. Heck, boys and any skin care products dont mix. :giggling:

Marya1, what evidence is there that aloe vera actually fights acne?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 06:14 AM
http://www.foreverliving.com/

Here's the website. I ordered some products. Hopefully my kids will use them. The older one is starting to develop some mild acne.

I caution people against benzoyl peroxide. I think it probably works but it also bleaches clothes and towels! I've had so many fights with my son about destroying my linens.

Malaikah
07-30-2006, 06:16 AM

^LOL! i use it, i havent had a problem with it bleaching materials, but it sure doesnt like hair much, my friends thought i was burning my eyebrows because the tips got bleached. :giggling:

searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

^LOL! i use it, i havent had a problem with it bleaching materials, but it sure doesnt like hair much, my friends thought i was burning my eyebrows because the tips got bleached. :giggling:

You've been lucky. My son keeps ruining the collars of his shirts and the towels. He hasn't bleached out his eyebrows but that would actually be funny. He's starting to grow a unibrow and I've been encouraging him to have some waxing done at the salon. That would be the perfect reason to get his brows waxed. Maybe I'll rub it on his brows when he's sleeping.

Issa
07-30-2006, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
http://www.foreverliving.com/

Here's the website. I ordered some products. Hopefully my kids will use them. The older one is starting to develop some mild acne.

I caution people against benzoyl peroxide. I think it probably works but it also bleaches clothes and towels! I've had so many fights with my son about destroying my linens.
Salams to everyone,

It should also make us wonder if it bleaches towels what on earth is it doing to our skin!!

mlsh27
07-30-2006, 06:23 AM
To help acne, you should use products with salicylic acid in it.

searchingsoul
08-07-2006, 12:36 AM
I received my products in the mail. I'll let everyone know how well they work.

afriend
08-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Jazakallah for the info sis...I really need it.....As I have come to know that my forehead is flooded with red, painful spots :heated:

IceQueen~
08-13-2006, 12:41 PM
forever living products are natural and contain at least 87% aloe vera and have no harsh chemicals etc.
they are the world's largest aloe vera growers and bee hive keepers masha allah.
aloe vera has been used for 6000 yrs and has no side effects.

IceQueen~
08-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) is a very common chemical found in shampoos, hair conditioners, toothpaste, body washes bubble baths etc.
Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) is also a strong and harsh detergent used in industry as a degreaser and a powerful wetting and foaming agent. Individuals and companies promoting cosmetic and personal care products that are free of Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) have had a lot of mileage out of bad publicity SLS has received over the last few years. What are the facts?

Sodium Lauryl Sulphate facts?

As a concerned and aware consumer, do you really have anything to worry about as far as Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) is concerned?

It would appear that we have two quite differing views on the safety of using and exposing the body to constant low levels of toxic chemicals such as Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS). I feel it is only fair we look at the facts as they are reported by the chemical industry and other concerned individuals in regard to SLS.

I would like to quote word for word as reported in the book "Health Wars" written by investigative medical journalist Phillip Day: You make up your own mind about the wisdom of using Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) in your shampoo and children's bubble bath!

"Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) is a very harsh detergent found in almost all shampoos and more than a few toothpastes. Pick up a cross section of these products next time you visit the supermarket and you will find Sodium Lauryl Sulphate SLS or Sodium Lauryth Sulphate (SLES) in pride of place under the ingredients label.

Sodium Lauryl Sulphate started its career as an industrial degreasant and garage floor cleaner. When applied to human skin it has the effect of stripping off the oil layer and then irritating and eroding the skin, leaving it rough and pitted.

Studies on SLS have shown that:" (Judi Vance, Beauty To Die For, Promotion Publishing, 1998)

"Shampoos with SLS could retard healing and keep children's eyes from developing properly. Children under six years old are especially vulnerable to improper eye development. (Summary of Report of Research to Prevent Blindness, Inc. conference."

"Sodium Lauryl Sulphate can cause cataracts in adults and delays the healing of wounds in the surface of the cornea."

"Sodium Lauryl Sulphate has a low molecular weight and so is easily absorbed by the body. It builds up in the heart, liver and brain and can cause major problems in these areas."

"Sodium Lauryl Sulphate causes skin to flake and to separate and causes roughness on the skin."

"Sodium Lauryl Sulphate causes dysfunction of the biological systems of the skin."

"Sodium Lauryl Sulphate is such a caustic cleanser that it actually corrodes the hair follicle and impairs the ability to grow hair."

"Sodium Lauryl Sulphate is routinely used in clinical studies deliberately to irritate the skin so that the effects of other substances can be tested." (Study cited by the Wall St Journal, 1st November 1998)

Ethoxylation: Ethoxylation is the process that makes degreasing agents such as Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) less abrasive and gives them enhanced foaming properties. When SLS is ethoxylated, it forms Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES), a compound used in many shampoos, toothpastes, bath gels, bubble baths, and industrial degreasants. The problem is, the extremely harmful compound 1,4-dioxane may be created during the ethoxylation process, contaminating the product. 1,4-dioxane was one of the principal components of the chemical defoliant Agent Orange, used to great effect by the Americans during the Vietnam War to strip off the jungle canopy to reveal their enemy. 1,4-dioxane is a hormonal disrupter believed to be the chief agent implicated in the host of cancers suffered by Vietnam military personnel after the war. It is also an oestrogen mimic thought to increase the chances of breast cancer and endometrial cancer, stress related illnesses and lower sperm counts.

http://www.health-report.co.uk/sodiu..._sulphate.html (source)

the aloe vera products (soaps/shampoos) derive their SLS from coconut oil so it is safe to use.

IceQueen~
08-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Fluoride Facts!
Studies show that fluoride in all its uses, including public drinking water, causes cancer:

The overwhelming evidence shows that fluoridation is causing an increase in bone cancer and deaths among males under 20.

The growing increase in bone cancer attributable to fluoridation may also be due to an increase in osteosarcoma caused by fluoride.

The overall preponderance of evidence shows that fluoridation is causing an increase in oral (mouth) cancer among human populations. Don't use fluoride toothpastes, or give your dentist consent to do fluoride gel treatments or use fluoride polishing paste.
Fluoride has been linked to many health problems:

Bone and oral cancers in animals and humans.
An ability to inhibit the DNA repair enzyme system.
It accelerates tumor growth.
It inhibits the immune system.
It causes genetic damage in a number of different cell lines and induces
melanotic tumors, fibrosarcomas, etc. Other tumors and cancers strongly indicate that fluoride has a generalized effect of increasing them overall. According to our estimates, over 10,000 people in the United States die of cancer each year due to fluoridation of public drinking water.

http://www.bragg.com/healthinfo/fluoridefactsFS.html (source)

the aloe vera toothpaste does not contain any fluoride-only natural safe ingredients-the aloe itself is excellent for cleaning teeth and naturally whitens without use of bleaches etc.

muslimah_here
08-15-2006, 04:07 PM
hMMM!!! I already use aloe vera products occasionally caz it has mostly natural ingrediants and is well known for its healing porperties. ummm for those with acne maybe u can try mixing cople of drops of tea tre oil in aloevera gel and then apply to problem areas it should help INSHALLAH.
I belive diet also plays a vital role in healthy skin avoid junk food, very soicy food and cut down on dairy products, instead eat more fruit n vegetables, INSHALLAH this will help prevents skin problems in the future, MASHALLAH it works for me, and as soon as eat something under the junk category within a few days I can see the consequnces. Even drinking plenty of water would help in flushing out the toxins from ur body.

At all costs use skin products that are non-pore blocking (non comedogenic) and avoid using harsh chemical products that would excessivley dry ur skin and make matters worse.

take care

FI-AMANALLAH.

IceQueen~
08-15-2006, 04:46 PM
The nice thing about aloe vera is that one of the things it does is that it puts your body back in order so that you can handle infections/illnesses/wounds (etc) yourself

lfaridi
08-16-2006, 03:59 PM
asalamu alaykum,

my middle daughter has horrible acne and i have found that www.sweetsunnah.com has a wonderful acne treatment.

salam,
linda

Malaikah
08-17-2006, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lfaridi
asalamu alaykum,

my middle daughter has horrible acne and i have found that www.sweetsunnah.com has a wonderful acne treatment.

which treatments did u buy?

lfaridi
08-17-2006, 12:46 PM
salam cheese,

i bought the Acne Gel and Healing Skin Serum. it really does work.

wsalam,
linda

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.