/* */

PDA

View Full Version : prayer without words?

princess
07-29-2006, 06:50 PM
:sl:
dear brothers and sisters,
i have a question, can a muslim person pray
without knowing the words?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
07-29-2006, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by princess
I don't think the prayer counts without words, but its still good, Allah still helps and comforts me whilst praying, and I have never prayed with the words yet. I find learning them almost impossible on my own, and whilst they may be useful for learning the movements, websites/books don't help with words. I think it's best if you have another of your Muslim friends as a teacher.
:w:

*Umm_Umar*
07-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Prayer without the words?
What do you mean?

Kittygyal
07-29-2006, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by princess

well as i am a revert someone told me i can but am not sure if the person your talking about is a born breded muslim if it is then am sure he/she can't but the again deoends how old he/she is

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
07-29-2006, 07:09 PM
:salamext:

To learn how to perform salaah, prayer - you can check this link out insha Allaah:

http://www.islam.com/salat/salatfinal.html (you'll need flash player to view it.)

http://www.bahagia.btinternet.co.uk/prayer1.html

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

:salamext:

princess
07-29-2006, 07:10 PM
i will say words what i know like alllahu akbur, subxannalah ala and so on but not de other ones because i'm still learning the full prayer.
sorry if i confused u. :)

chacha_jalebi
07-29-2006, 07:23 PM
if your still learnin then its fine, because Allah (swt) will reward ur intentions inshallah, but sista inshallah ya will learn d words aswell, surah fatiha is the most important, and the ovas r easyyyy like, when bowing down in ruku say, subhana rabbi ala adheem x 3, n when u bow down wit ur head touchin floor in sujood say subhhana rabbi ala x3, its jus small simple words :D inshallah ya will learn fast :D:D:D:D:D

Umu 'Isa
07-30-2006, 01:50 PM
:sl: sister,
what i did when i was learning how to pray was i had the words on a piece of paper next to me whilst I was praying. It helps with the memorization aswell. Although it is not so good with the correct pronounciation, you may need someone to teach you that insha Allah.

Fishman
07-30-2006, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
:sl: sister,
what i did when i was learning how to pray was i had the words on a piece of paper next to me whilst I was praying. It helps with the memorization aswell. Although it is not so good with the correct pronounciation, you may need someone to teach you that insha Allah.
I tried that, but I still find it really difficult. I think it's best to get someone to teach me personally.

Do you say the words out loud or quietly?

Umu 'Isa
07-30-2006, 01:55 PM
it took me about a month so i could pray without the paper.. keep trying insha Allah. I say the words quietly, but so i can hear myself.

Daffodil
08-01-2006, 08:29 PM
best this to do ppl is get ur self a walkman or something n tape loads of short surahs over n over again on the tape n keeeeep listening to it constantly, not only will u learn the surah but ull learn it with proper tajweed, so listen to a gud reciter that recites slowly and clearly so u can pick it up. thats what my husband done wen he was learning his namaz n mashallah he learnt it.

Fishman
08-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Alhamdulilah I've learnt the first part of surat al-fatiha! ALHAMDULILAH!!!
:) :) :) :)

Hijrah
08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
isit ok to pray with your eyes closed some outright reject it but some say it's ok if it helps u concentrate

Umu 'Isa
08-02-2006, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
isit ok to pray with your eyes closed some outright reject it but some say it's ok if it helps u concentrate
brother please see this thread

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.