/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 3D rendering/creating permissible or not?

imran_c
07-30-2006, 10:56 AM
:sl:

I would like to now is creating an object in a program like maya allowed or not.. if you dont understand what maya is its like the program which made: Cars, over the hedge, madagacar, toy story, shrek 1 and 2, shark tale and so on. It makes the charcters in 3D. I havent started in making stuff in 3d or in 2d but i wanted to now is it allowed or not?? like if i created a talking fish or a talking car with that be allowed or not?

Because ive read somewere a hadith which says that creating a real life thing isnt allowed so what im thinking of doing allowed or not?

Jazakallahu khairan.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
07-30-2006, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imran_c

I would like to now is creating an object in a program like maya allowed or not.. if you dont understand what maya is its like the program which made: Cars, over the hedge, madagacar, toy story, shrek 1 and 2, shark tale and so on. It makes the charcters in 3D. I havent started in making stuff in 3d or in 2d but i wanted to now is it allowed or not?? like if i created a talking fish or a talking car with that be allowed or not?

Because ive read somewere a hadith which says that creating a real life thing isnt allowed so what im thinking of doing allowed or not?

Jazakallahu khairan.

I think it's only pictures of living things that are forbidden. I've never heard anyone say that pictures of objects and scenes are forbidden. In fact, I've even seen Muttaqun online (a very strict site) promoting pictures of non-living things.

I have the demo version of Maya, but I don't use it, as I am a Bryce addict! I do loads of spaceships and stuff like that.

imran_c
07-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Wow maishallah im more into fish funny enough the fishworld you got as a sig was one of my msn and was funny enough one of my domains i had looong loong time ago im a fish addict :D ijust love how allah subhan wala tala has created fish and there enviroment... But i really want to make like a fish based movie or something like that... also was the movie the prophet the cartooon version allowed?? you can watch it here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...89424597260990
But is it allowed?

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 11:11 AM
now i don't get it how can you make real stuff bro like Fish and that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
07-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Wow maishallah im more into fish funny enough the fishworld you got as a sig was one of my msn and was funny enough one of my domains i had looong loong time ago im a fish addict :D ijust love how allah subhan wala tala has created fish and there enviroment... also was the movie the prophet the cartooon version allowed?? you can watch it here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...89424597260990
But is it allowed?
I tried making my website 'Fishworld.com' but somebody else already had it! Would it have been you by any chance? I used to keep fish, but they all kept dying, usually from some sort of disease.

Fishworld is nothing to do with fish, BTW. You can make your own country there.

But i really want to make like a fish based movie or something like that. Also, was the movie the prophet the cartooon version allowed?? you can watch it here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...89424597260990
But is it allowed?
I wouldn't think that's allowed, see this site.

imran_c
07-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Nope that wasnt me but funny enough i was after that domain but its for sale now... ermm i had fishes as well and they also did die its because of my father keep taunting them and threatening to kill them :( my father then positioned them by the door so they get stressed out i.e so they die quicker :(. Im thinking of getting saltwater fishes now because of the way they are created by allah subhan wala tala there are soo beutiful and any waste is eaten by the cleaner shrimps and the turbo snails like a eco system which is alhumdolilha so beutful!!

imran_c
07-30-2006, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
now i don't get it how can you make real stuff bro like Fish and that?
Well if you seen the movie finding nemo thats how i want to make it like that

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Well if you seen the movie finding nemo thats how i want to make it like that
oh Nemo is cool yeah i'll help you ONLY if you make me a mod ;D

Fishman
07-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Here's some of my work:

lolwatever
07-30-2006, 11:28 AM
^^ bryce sux :D, Maya rules :D :D but awesome work :D :D :D

the link should be this btw, http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5...tgaragews5.png

very very nice, does brice have polymodelling features now? or was that like a modified preset?

yes there's a hadith where a guy came to prophet and told him that he relies on sculpturing for income, so the prophet told him "then sculpture trees and rocks (i.e. non living things instaed of living things)"

salamz

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Here's some of my work:

oh thats cool :)

Fishman
07-30-2006, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
^^ bryce sux :D, Maya rules :D :D but awesome work :D :D :D

very very nice, does brice have polymodelling features now? or was that like a modified preset?

yes there's a hadith where a guy came to prophet and told him that he relies on sculpturing for income, so the prophet told him "then sculpture trees and rocks (i.e. non living things instaed of living things)"

salamz
Don't insult Bryce or I will get Muslim knight's banana slug to eat you! Muhahahaha!

I also read that whoever makes an image of a living thing will have to breath life into it on the Day of Resurection, so I would not do it if I were you. I'm planing to make a sci-fi film, but that would have the people and animals filmed in live-action.

No, that image is not a preset, its built entirely from bolean opperations.

lolwatever
07-30-2006, 11:35 AM
wow that's so awesome of n idea mashaalha..

then you mussssssssssssssssssssst start using maya.. coz it's a massive help for things like dynamics, particle effects (dust, smoke, rain etc..).. bryce is good for basic things but no good for advanced visual effects ;)

Fishman
07-30-2006, 11:37 AM
wow that's so awesome of n idea mashaalha..

then you mussssssssssssssssssssst start using maya.. coz it's a massive help for things like dynamics, particle effects (dust, smoke, rain etc..).. bryce is good for basic things but no good for advanced visual effects ;)
I also have Particle Illusion 3.01, so don't worry about particle effects.

imran_c
07-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Im going to start in making 3d rendering and so on but if its not allowed i willnot make it or start. Thats why i would like to now. Im thinking of making a game on clown fishes a virtual pet game like nintendogs but the fish version :D. Its gonna be called fishworld lol just kiddin i dont now about the name yet but i rather figure out if its haram or halal first of all.

lolwatever
07-30-2006, 11:38 AM
ah bro fish there's more to life than particle illusion, there's something caleld Particle Flow which lets u create 100% custom effects.. Pillusion just lets u create really simple stars and light rays lol.. but its a good start, u get bored of it quickly tho :p

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 11:39 AM
hey LOLwatever why don't we say to Imran_c if he makes me,you and Fishman a mod on his forum then we will help him :p

lolwatever
07-30-2006, 11:42 AM
no not in the sense that they have a rooh, if you want to be pedantic, everything's living, including atoms. But from the fiqh perspective, only thigns that have a rooh is illegal to draw, like fish and fishman etc.. :p

Fishman
07-30-2006, 11:43 AM
ah bro fish there's more to life than particle illusion, there's something caleld Particle Flow which lets u create 100% custom effects.. Pillusion just lets u create really simple stars and light rays lol.. but its a good start, u get bored of it quickly tho :p
It doesn't only do really simple stars and lightrays, there's plenty of smoke, fire and explosions, which are useful for sci-fi movies.

Im going to start in making 3d rendering and so on but if its not allowed i willnot make it or start. Thats why i would like to now. Im thinking of making a game on clown fishes a virtual pet game like nintendogs but the fish version . Its gonna be called fishworld lol just kiddin i dont now about the name yet but i rather figure out if its haram or halal first of all.
I also heard that the people who get punished the worst on the Day of Judgement are the people who make images of people and animals. So, I would avoid it, like I have ever since I decided to become Muslim.

hey LOLwatever why don't we say to Imran_c if he makes me,you and Fishman a mod on his forum then we will help him
I have a forum, you could become a mod there.

Muezzin
07-30-2006, 11:43 AM
no not in the sense that they have a rooh, if you want to be pedantic, everything's living, including atoms.
Say what?

I really should have paid more attention in my physics and chemistry classes.

lolwatever
07-30-2006, 11:44 AM
^^ well everything makes tasbeeh doesn't it? in a way that we don't understand or percieve...

lolwatever
07-30-2006, 11:51 AM
wa iyakum bro :), just 4 those who may not understand what 'rooh' is, it means 'soul' in arabic.
salams

Fishman
07-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Besides, I don't wanna have to spend 2000 quid on a computer program! I'd go bust! Maya's a no-go for me.

imran_c
07-30-2006, 04:18 PM
has anyone got that hadith saying about not creating sculputers or anything like that wouldnt designing 3d fish tank with fishes include that?? becuase i would want to make a virtual pet system like nintefish lol basically if you get me but the fish can die get disease and so on but i just wanna now what people think and if its haram or halal because i still dotn now lol.
wa-salam alaykum wara matulha also jazakallahu kharain for all the responses

Fishman
07-30-2006, 04:30 PM
has anyone got that hadith saying about not creating sculputers or anything like that wouldnt designing 3d fish tank with fishes include that?? becuase i would want to make a virtual pet system like nintefish lol basically if you get me but the fish can die get disease and so on but i just wanna now what people think and if its haram or halal because i still dotn now lol.
wa-salam alaykum wara matulha also jazakallahu kharain for all the responses
I't not allowed. read this.

lolwatever
07-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Besides, I don't wanna have to spend 2000 quid on a computer program! I'd go bust! Maya's a no-go for me.
yeh the prices are such a pain in the neck lol... the educational version is a lil cheaper, especially if u buy it thru a college.

imran_c
07-30-2006, 09:14 PM
so if i do a virtual pet system on fishes its not allowed what about like a movie like cars??

Fishman
07-31-2006, 09:03 AM
so if i do a virtual pet system on fishes its not allowed what about like a movie like cars??
I'm not sure about this. I've asked a scholar about whether drawing robots is forbidden, but he hasn't replied.

If the cars do not physically resemble living things in any way though (like a CGI Herbie), and other creatures are not depicted, then I guess it's allowed.

Malaikah
07-31-2006, 09:07 AM

Like my avatar? :? Last time i checked planes dont have souls but isnt the implication still there? that the planes is alive (and promoting jelly for those who know where the pic comes from)?

imran_c
07-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Also is cars the same becuase its protraying the cars as real life things but what do you all think?

afriend
07-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Here's some of my work:

Woah sik!!

What software are you using ere bro???????? Ok if ur not gonna tell me....Then....ah forget it...I know its not very cool to be sharing software secrets ;)

Anyways......I don't think that it's too much of a big deal, cos sometimes it's used for beneficial circumstances......

Fishman
07-31-2006, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Woah sik!!

What software are you using ere bro???????? Ok if ur not gonna tell me....Then....ah forget it...I know its not very cool to be sharing software secrets ;)

Anyways......I don't think that it's too much of a big deal, cos sometimes it's used for beneficial circumstances......
I'm using Bryce 5.5, which Lolwhatever seems to dislike for some reason.

Making images of living creatures is a big deal, even if you do if for benificial reasons. Stealing a load of money in order to build an orpanage is wrong, so this must also be wrong.

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm using Bryce 5.5, which Lolwhatever seems to dislike for some reason.

Making images of living creatures is a big deal, even if you do if for benificial reasons. Stealing a load of money in order to build an orpanage is wrong, so this must also be wrong.
loool broo don't take me personally lol.. i just don't hav bias towards it coz there's no dynamics/particle/subdivision modelling system as there is in max n maya.. n plus i never seen things like this created in bryce :D

http://www.cebas.com/gallery/v/interior/loga.jpg.html

http://www.cebas.com/gallery/v/Produ...ksson.jpg.html

http://www.cebas.com/gallery/v/Produ..._opti.jpg.html

but your work is way cool though, i'm not taking a go at it.. i'm taking ago at the software's capability, not ur capability n work ;)

keep ur spaceships comingg
salamz

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 10:55 PM
^^ woa you're a 3D bro?? :eek:

hehe nah they used Global illumination/Photon mapping instead of radiosity, coz they used finalRenderer to renderout those images instead of scanline :)

take a look at www.nextlimit.com n checkout stuff they do with maxwell renderer.. it's way cool.. it's a 100% application of maxwell's E=hf equation to coem up with 100% realistic images, but its like the worlds slowest render coz it literally calculates energy of every photon in teh scene and the light bounces etc... compared to psuedo-real photon mapping method

salams

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 11:24 PM

Btw, I thought you were doing economics or something related? How do you know all this stuff?
;D ;D

shh i don't really know much

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.