/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pomegranate

Shahidah
07-30-2006, 07:17 PM
from the medicine of the prophet- Advantages of pomegranate

:sl:
it is related from ibn Abbas that every pomegranate you have is pollinated from a seed from the pomegranates of paradise. Harb and others have mentioned, from Ali, that he said 'eat the pomegranate with its flesh for it tans the stomach'
sweet pomegranate is sweet and moist, good for the stomach, which it strengthens by virtue of its gentle costiveness(:? ) It is beneficial for the throat, chest and lung and helps a cough. its juice softens the belly and gives the body slight but exellent nourishment. It is swift to dissolve because of its fineness and subtlety.it has wonderful:D characteristic that when eaten with bread, it prevents it from putrefying in the stomach.
The sour kind is cold and dry, costive and gentle. It is beneficial for an inflamed stomach; it is more diuretic:? than the rest of the pomegranates. It calms the yellow bile, cuts short dihhorea:giggling: prvents vomiting+o( , refines the superfluities:? , extinguishes the heat of the liver and strengthens the organs. it is beneficial for bilios palpitation and for pains:heated: occuring to the heart and the mouth of the stomach.
:w: Attachment 1886

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Are you supposed to eat the seed of the pomegranate or spit it out?

Mujahidah4Allah
07-30-2006, 07:19 PM

jazak Allah khair for the info i love pomegranates :D

ma'salamah

Shahidah
07-30-2006, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Are you supposed to eat the seed of the pomegranate or spit it out?
you are meant to eat the seed of a pomegranate. Even though i personally dont like to eat it:heated:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
pricey~
08-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Aaah... salaamu 3laykum! Pomegranates are looovely dudette!

Searchingsoul- tell me you haven't been spitting out the seeds everytime you've a bit? lol...

searchingsoul
08-04-2006, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by pricey~
Aaah... salaamu 3laykum! Pomegranates are looovely dudette!

Searchingsoul- tell me you haven't been spitting out the seeds everytime you've a bit? lol...
Yes, I spit out the seeds. That's why I avoid anything with pomegranate in it. I like the taste of the juice, but spit the seeds. I only eat them at home, maybe once a year.

Mawaddah
08-04-2006, 11:56 PM
I crunch up the seeds and everything :D

I haven't had a pomegranate in 5 years now!! :'(

The ones in Yemen are soooooooo lush and huge and juiiiicyyy Masha'allah Tabarakallah...

I love them so much :wub:

The Yemenis also use the skin for medicine.....to calm upset stomachs and such, they dry the skin and then boil it in water and drink the liquid....so bitter though!! +o(

amirah_87
08-05-2006, 12:13 AM
ass salaamu alaykum,

Pomegrantes...Aaaaaaaaah they're luvly subhanAllah :wub:

I crunch up the seeds too..umm sulaim spits them out, so lame right :rollseyes:

i ain't had any since i been back either...the ones in yemen were so juicy and red and big!!...

i saw some in our local market the otherday i was like naaaaaaaaaaaaaahh ..that thing looks too dry mate!! :heated:

Pomergrante juice is delicious!!... :coolious: anyone tried it out!!??

Malaikah
08-05-2006, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shahidah
it is more diuretic:?

diuretic means that it drains water out of your body, like coffee and alcohol.

i loveeeeeeeee pomogranate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: its so nice and how can anyone spit out the seeds thats the first time ive heard of it?!

ive got 2 pomogranate trees in my backyard!! but they are still babies so they dont make many fruits yet.

i heard the skin has good healing properties too when you dry it? :?

lolwatever
08-05-2006, 01:01 AM
^^ yes i headr same thing too..
but i hate the pomengranate they sell in shops, its so not sweet and barely any taste to it.

salamz

Malaikah
08-05-2006, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
I crunch up the seeds too..umm sulaim spits them out, so lame right :rollseyes:

how do you crunch them?:? do you mean you chew it in your mouth or you crunch them in a bowl and then eat them or what?

format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
Pomergrante juice is delicious!!... :coolious: anyone tried it out!!??
juice? nope but we have this thing called pomogranate molasses its soooooo nice its basically a very thick black liquid that you add to food for flavour YUM!! but you cant have it as juice thats for the sure its too thick and the flavour is soooooooo strong i cant eat more than a teaspoon of it at a time (and its like 10 dollars a litre here too!)

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 01:02 AM
To be honest, I rarely buy them because the kids dig the seeds out and pop them at each other. I find them messy.

afriend
08-05-2006, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal

jazak Allah khair for the info i love pomegranates :D

ma'salamah
Yeah me too....This guy was drinking te jiuce and I was like :happy:....

Good to know something good tasting also has good effects too ;)

amirah_87
08-05-2006, 01:15 AM
ass salaamu alaykum,

To be honest, I rarely buy them because the kids dig the seeds out and pop them at each other. I find them messy.
That's true!!...the juice stains the clothes too :heated:

mlsh27
08-05-2006, 03:49 AM
I love pomegranate juice, even though it is pretty expensive compared to other juices. Pomegranates are great antioxidents, even more so than blueberries. I like to drink it when I have eaten junk food to cleanse out my system, or when I feel like I am catching a cold.

Mujahidah4Allah
08-05-2006, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Yeah me too....This guy was drinking te jiuce and I was like :happy:....

Good to know something good tasting also has good effects too ;)
:? yeah mashallah such creations of Allah [swt] are irresistable, no one can ever create it :D Allah [swt] has blessed us with so much alhamdulillah :D

ma'salamah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.