/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rep power - again

manaal
07-31-2006, 06:59 PM
When I give someone reputation, how many Reputation points will they receive?
That depends on three factors: your post count, your time on Li Islamic Forum, and how much reputation you have yourself. The longer you have been on Li Islamic Forum, the more posts you have, and the more reputation people has given you, the more reputation points you give. Also, to discourage negative ratings and encourage positive, you only give half your normal reputation (rounded down) when you give negative reputation..
Then why do some mebers have more rep power than others even though they have less repuation points? I can provide examples if you wish.

Please explain.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
07-31-2006, 07:01 PM
:sl:

It's complicated. We might start offering courses and teach people about the wonders of the reputation system, inshaa'Allah.

Hijaabi22
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
^^^ LIKE REP POWER MATTERS!! Lol but can u reduce mine pweez cos I give people ten reps and in return I get ONE measly rep bak...

ahahahahaa am only messin :giggling:

Muslim Soldier
07-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Then why do some mebers have more rep power than others even though they have less repuation points? I can provide examples if you wish.
Because they have stayed longer or have more posts.
For every thousand posts, (I think) your rep power increases by one.:rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijaabi22
07-31-2006, 07:19 PM
:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
Because they have stayed longer or have more posts.
For every thousand posts, (I think) your rep power increases by one.:rollseyes
nope that cant be ryt cos my rep is 10 and no ways have I got 10,000 posts ahaha but yeah ya ryt tho, rep power does have sumat 2 do wid the number of ya posts :)

Muslim Soldier
07-31-2006, 07:26 PM
rep power inreases every 1000 posts and depends on yr stay as well.

you have stayed long thats why u have 10 power.

manaal
07-31-2006, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

It's complicated. We might start offering courses and teach people about the wonders of the reputation system, inshaa'Allah.

Splendid idea!! lol

Far7an
07-31-2006, 07:46 PM

I'm glad you think so. Once we start teaching will make an announcement, mean time.

:threadclo

Next person to open a reputation thread has to deal with LI-Staff. He doesn't like repitition.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.