/* */

PDA

View Full Version : isalmic way of slaughtering meat?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-01-2006, 08:43 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
just wondering, does anyone know the actual shari'ah (islamic) way of slaughtering meat.
i.e does it have to be done by hand, or by machine etc.
jazakallahu khair
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M2A^AKIB^
08-02-2006, 02:53 AM
Assalamualaikum,
http://www.islamonline.net/English/S...rticle06.shtml
ur answer might be there, if not sorry!

mlsh27
08-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Or you could not slaughter it...

alcurad
08-02-2006, 03:05 AM
Assalamualaikum ,
you might find these sites useful:
http://www.world-federation.org/IEB/...w/slhuntin.htm

http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/Environmental...ds/halaal3.asp

:) :) :) :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
searchingsoul
08-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Is it a big sin if muslims don't eat correctly slaughtered meat? Is this meat more expensive?

Fishman
08-02-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Is it a big sin if muslims don't eat correctly slaughtered meat? Is this meat more expensive?
It's also really difficult to get halal meat in a non-Muslim country, particularly if you don't live in an area with a large Muslim population.
:w:

Chuck
08-02-2006, 07:41 PM
It's also really difficult to get halal meat in a non-Muslim country, particularly if you don't live in an area with a large Muslim population.
I suppose wouldn't like to eat fish?

Fishman
08-02-2006, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
I suppose wouldn't like to eat fish?
No, fish tastes good!

We do have a pizza shop that does halal food on our road, which we are very fortunate to have, as there are very few Muslims in our area.
:w:

ZOREENA
08-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Itz Mad Tryin To Get Meat Here...but Allhmdillah A Butcherz Opend Recently! Otherwize We Had To Try And Go To Dublin For Meat!!!just Hope It Stayz Open!!inshallah!!! Anyone Eat Unhalal Meat? Is It That Bad?

searchingsoul
08-02-2006, 11:42 PM
I admire everyone's dedication to eating halal meat.

ZOREENA
08-02-2006, 11:55 PM
U know the muslimz here...all brothers....lol.......they all dont eat meat unless itz halal but yet they drink and sleeze over women and smoke weed and snort coke!!! I was soooo outraged wen the onez i thought were decent actually thought....'we have to enjour ourself'....I FELT LIKE SMACKIN THEM !! God forgive me!!!! SO ANGRY!!

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 12:09 AM
i eat halal, glatt kosher and organic (yes i know its not blessed but its not dirty like regular slaughter house meat that the animal are fed by products and pumped up with hormones) the organic is the last choice if i cant find halal or kosher. But also i live in nyc so it isnt hard to have these choices with so many different people living here.

snakelegs
08-03-2006, 12:11 AM
i've heard that in some areas where there aren't many muslims, people will buy kosher meat - i think the muslims perform the slaughter in the same way because it is halal also.
oops, crystal - you posted while i was! sorry

ZOREENA
08-03-2006, 12:14 AM
love ur wee sig thing!!

Message to everyone- Those whos goal it is to mock people and insult whenever you can (on this forum and elsewhere), three words for ya, get a life

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 12:17 AM
you can eat from christians slaughter too but obviously most american meat factories arent quite this they just treat the animals like crap and feed them crap, but i know some of the organic meat i get is from family christian owned farms, i jsut do alot of research on all the meat i buy, also glatt kosher is better then just kosher from many people i have talked to.

ZOREENA
08-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Wish u lived here and u could research for me!!! We never ate meat hardly until recently when the wee halal butcherz opend shop!!

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZOREENA
Wish u lived here and u could research for me!!! We never ate meat hardly until recently when the wee halal butcherz opend shop!!
thats weird where i live even the supermarkets carry lots different meats, not just regular, i do get alot without even having to go to special shops, maybe thats the city vs country living, we city folks have everything handed to us :rollseyes

ZOREENA
08-03-2006, 12:22 AM
No i live in Belfast city....u can only just get the normal regular meat!! Itz terrible!! I need to eat meat coz me iron and that is low...but its hard to get it...until recently!! But u cant get halal anything...unless it just happenz to be coz itz imported or sumfin..thatz about it!!

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 12:24 AM
just eat eggs and spinach, loads of iron from that for now but if u can get kosher then that will do also.

syilla
08-03-2006, 01:21 AM
lol...no one really answer her (post 1) questions...

everyone is giving their own opinions...

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 01:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
lol...no one really answer her (post 1) questions...

everyone is giving their own opinions...

ok i wouldnt know how to answer since i dont slaughter my own, i just know what im allowed to buy and eat and what im not, no need to have a hissy.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Instead of providing you with Qu'ran and Hadeeths, I'll provide an easy alternative: become a vegetarian.

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 01:29 AM
being a vegetarian can be healthy if done right but vegans sometimes dont get enough vitamin b12 which is only in animal products unless u take a supplement but its still not as good for some reason the body doesnt absorb it all, vegetarians can still eat dairy which is just as high in b12 as meat, vegans dont eat any dairy. and also too much soy in the diet can be harmful to the reproduction system, the problem is some vegans eat tons of it (its actually beneficial in small amounts but not large), so going veg isnt that easy or healthy for everyone.

syilla
08-03-2006, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
ok i wouldnt know how to answer since i dont slaughter my own, i just know what im allowed to buy and eat and what im not, no need to have a hissy.
Sorry...i'm not trying to be hissy :cry:

its just funny...that everyone tend to forget the question...

don't be mad at me...

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 02:55 AM

don't be mad at me...

not mad :)

snakelegs
08-08-2006, 03:22 AM

don't be mad at me...
:giggling: ;D :giggling:
that's funny - you're right. the original question was long ago forgotten!
we're an opinionated bunch of people, aren't we?

snakelegs
08-08-2006, 03:27 AM
to atone, i have come up with this:
Halal products are derived from animals and/or poultry that have been slaughtered according to Islamic law under the following statement, β€œIn the name of God – God is the Greatest/Bismillahi Allahu Akbar.” The animals and/or poultry are slaughtered by means of a sharp knife, cutting through the skin, jugular vein, and trachea to result in thorough bleeding of the carcass in preparation for dressing and evisceration in accordance with Islamic guidelines. Halal products and production are properly separated and properly identified.
http://www.isaiowa.org/content.asp?ID=1677

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 03:34 AM
Some people says that Muslims are allowed to eat giraffe.... how should we slaughter a giraffe?

syilla
08-08-2006, 06:56 AM
how about elephant? i don't think we slaughter the elephant? (they said we can't eat elephant because of the leg...someone pls care to explain)...

i've learnt to slaughter chicken at school...but i do not know how to catch one...:sis:

Aznan
08-08-2006, 11:37 AM
somebody post that he/ she get meat from a christian farm?

thats non-halal. even if they follow exactly the way Muslim slaughter it.
Unless, they employ a muslim who recite the do'a and do the slaughter.

Btw, pardon my asking, whats kosher?

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 01:01 PM
^^ yes but in cases where a Muslim cannot get halal they are allowed to eat meat slaughtered by Christian or Jew, different scholars have different opinion but most agree with this and i did my research.

its not halal but its lawful to eat, unlike meat that is improperly slaughtered by factories, pagans etc, in other words if one cannot get halal they better look for another next best thing alternative and not just eat any meat from the supermarket? get what im saying?

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 01:16 PM
http://www.eat-halal.com/halal.shtml- if you read through this a bit it says that halal is preferred but that eating from Jews and Christians can be lawful as well, and kosher is Jewish.

Animals such as cows, sheep, goats, deer, moose, chickens, ducks, game birds, etc., are also Halal, but they must be Zabihah (slaughtered according to Islamic Rites) in order to be suitable for consumption. The procedure is as follows: the animal must be slaughtered by a Muslim (or a Jew or Christian - click here for more). The animal should be put down on the ground (or held it if it is small) and its throat should be slit with a very sharp knife to make sure that the 3 main blood vessels are cut. While cutting the throat of the animal (without severing it), the person must pronounce the name of Allah or recite a blessing which contains the name of Allah, such as "Bismillah Allah-u-Akbar".

snakelegs
08-08-2006, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aznan
somebody post that he/ she get meat from a christian farm?

thats non-halal. even if they follow exactly the way Muslim slaughter it.
Unless, they employ a muslim who recite the do'a and do the slaughter.

Btw, pardon my asking, whats kosher?
kosher is the jewish laws for ritually "fit" - there are many similarities between jewish dietary laws and islam's. the slaughter requirements are also very similar. so some muslims will buy kosher meat if they can not get halal.

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 07:25 PM
^^^ yes they can eat it but have to check to make sure it doesnt have alcohol or meat gelatins in it for some kosher stuff does here and there.

ZOREENA
08-09-2006, 10:06 PM
I have a b12 deficiency...i get injections...apparently i cant get it from the food i eat!!! Terrible lol!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.