/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question - Qur'an surah 33, verse 60-61

Hijrah
08-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, I just happened to read this and I don't know what exactly were the circumstances at the time of this ayah but if someone could explain it to me thanks but at first glance this was sorta disturbing

"Truly, if the Hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and those who stir up sedition in the City, desist not, We shall certainly stir thee up against them: Then will they not be able to stay in it as thy neighbours for any length of time: They shall have a curse on them: whenever they are found, they shall be seized and slain (without mercy)."

-Surah 33 V. 60-61

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijrah
08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
seriously, I wanna know

Hijrah
08-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Please?

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-01-2006, 11:18 PM
:sl: bro,
This was a warning issued by the Qur'an. Allah swt says:

Truly, if the Hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and those who stir up sedition in the City, desist not, We shall certainly stir thee up against them: Then will they not be able to stay in it as thy neighbours for any length of time: They shall have a curse on them: whenever they are found, they shall be seized and slain (without mercy).

Ibn Kathîr puts this under the heading, "A Stern Warning to the Evil Hypocrites". The hypocrites (those who used to pretend to be Muslims but secretly worked against them), those who used to spread false information in the city to disrupt the unity of the believers and attempt to pit one group against another are condemned in this verse for their actions. They are warned that if they do not desist from such, God's Prophet will no longer tolerate them and they will be hunted down and punished to the very last one. The threat caused many of them back off from their evil-doing. "seized and slain" is the threat, not something that actually happened.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.