/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why did condie rice visit the middle east?

Annie
08-02-2006, 08:08 PM
:sl:
What was the point of condi rice visiting the middle east when she didnt even call for an immediate cease fire.:w: sos for spellin mistakes.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
08-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Maybe because she, (as many others) so not see a ceace fire as a way to long term peace.

Keltoi
08-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Calling for an immediate "cease-fire" sounds like the right thing to do in this situation, but the more I think about the more I realize that this will only invite another incident of this nature just around the corner. The civilian casualties are saddening, but not exactly ununsual. With a massive air campaign of this nature, with the enemy placing military targets in civilian areas, it isn't surprising that many civilians will suffer. Condi Rice is pushing for a permanent peace, which may be more delusional than seeking a short-term peace.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 05:53 AM
[S]Condi Rice is pushing for a permanent peace, which may be more delusional than seeking a short-term peace.[/S]

Sounds logical to me. I think we need permanent peace or complete destruction of one side. I don't necessarily support one side over the other, I just think it's time for them to fight it out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.