/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are you?

InToTheRain
08-07-2006, 11:28 PM
:sl:

The Poll is intended to give me and everyone else a more better Idea of the audience we have... thats all really :brother:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mlsh27
08-07-2006, 11:31 PM
more better? what poll?

Mujahidah4Allah
08-07-2006, 11:31 PM

well i dont see a poll :rolleyes: well i dont know what you mean by your question so i'm gonna answer I AM HUMAN :D

ma'salamah

Mujahidah4Allah
08-07-2006, 11:33 PM

okay now that polls up i'm a Muslim :D well actually it says it on our mini profiles under our names.. so ..anyways...

ma'salamah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mlsh27
08-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Why the difference between Muslim and Muslim Convert. Why not have Christian and Christian convert, and so forth?

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 12:42 AM
yea strange that there is even a convert option are we different?

czgibson
08-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Greetings,

I'm an atheist. Just like it says on my profile!

What's the point of this poll exactly?

Peace

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 12:46 AM
^^^ alot of people on this forum have the undisclosed option, maybe thats why.

czgibson
08-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
^^^ alot of people on this forum have the undisclosed option, maybe thats why.
I thought that, then it struck me that they must have chosen 'undisclosed' for a reason, so they'd be unlikely to vote in this poll. Why would they disclose their belief here rather than just changing their profile?

Oh well. My apologies - I'm easily confused.

Peace

afriend
08-08-2006, 01:02 AM
lol oh that's ok I guess....The stress of teaching.....;D Just kidding :)

The question was funny though.....

My old ICT teacher one day freaked out and goes: "What you are" I had the wisdnom to keep quiet while a friend goes he's a human ;D hat was funny...

Zulkiflim
08-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Salaam,

Actually the mini profile can be abused,i think that some people tiak themselves as muslims but are actually arent.

It is the same as in chat rooms when you ahve some one with a muslim name but say that man is god or that muslim should not help palestine or iraqis are evil and what not..

So in the end,their intention of coming here is to cause disensiona dn i feel that the moderators should check whether they trully are muslim or not.

How simple..
Make them take the shahadah,,Muslim say it 5 times a day in prayer so it should be easy but for the "cover muslim" thy wont say it..

InToTheRain
08-08-2006, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I thought that, then it struck me that they must have chosen 'undisclosed' for a reason, so they'd be unlikely to vote in this poll. Why would they disclose their belief here rather than just changing their profile?

Peace
I am not asking individuals in the forum to say what their belief is, the Poll simply gives us a statistic of the beliefs of the people that use this Forum.

I did this as I thought its quite useful to know, so people who are from diffrent religions can address their questions here as they will know from this Poll there are X ammount of people with the same faith or the faith to which they want to address the question if you know what I mean :rollseyes

Peace

InToTheRain
08-08-2006, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
more better? what poll?
You dont see the Poll :? :grumbling

InToTheRain
08-08-2006, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
Why the difference between Muslim and Muslim Convert. Why not have Christian and Christian convert, and so forth?
Ye ur right, should have had a Poll saying "Convertd to Islam", "converts to Christianity" and "converts to Judaism" :hiding:

Is it too late to modify it :?

Peace

InToTheRain
08-08-2006, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
yea strange that there is even a convert option are we different?
I have greater respect for converts and not implying there is a diffrence. Just interested in seeing if converts use this forum to find out more about the religion :rollseyes

Apologies if I offended anyone.

InToTheRain
08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
lol oh that's ok I guess....The stress of teaching.....;D Just kidding :)

The question was funny though.....

My old ICT teacher one day freaked out and goes: "What you are" I had the wisdnom to keep quiet while a friend goes he's a human ;D hat was funny...
;D Yeah I once heard this brother saying to the other guy "what are you?" and he said "Homo..." and the brother went "Nauzubillah" and the other guy when "...sapien, Im Homosapien" ;D

But I heard they recently discovered a diffrence between Humans and Homosapiens, is this true :?

mlsh27
08-08-2006, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah
;D Yeah I once heard this brother saying to the other guy "what are you?" and he said "Homo..." and the brother went "Nauzubillah" and the other guy when "...sapien, Im Homosapien" ;D

But I heard they recently discovered a diffrence between Humans and Homosapiens, is this true :?
Humans=homo sapiens. It is just the biological name of our sub species.

Woodrow
08-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I voted Muslim convert. However I prefer the term revert. As I honestly believe I was always a Muslim and only through culture, practised otherwise, then woke up and came back to what I truly am. It was not converting to something new, it was a return to where I was.

umm-sulaim
08-08-2006, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I voted Muslim convert. However I prefer the term revert. As I honestly believe I was always a Muslim and only through culture, practised otherwise, then woke up and came back to what I truly am. It was not converting to something new, it was a return to where I was.
You're so right akhee, the word revert is much better, also the hadeeth of the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam corroborates with what you said, "kullu mawluudin yuuladu 3alal fitra fa abawaahu yuhawwidaanih aw yunassiraanih...."
every new born is born upon the fitra (islam) then his parents make him jewish or make him christian....." alhadeeth (authentic)

wassalaam

SirZubair
08-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Born muslim.

Fell into disbelief.

After close to 2 decades, i found my way back into islam.

So im a born-again Muslims..or a 'convert/revert'.

Rabi'ya
08-08-2006, 09:21 AM

am a revert alhamdulillah!!!

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 09:25 AM
No Born-Again Muslim option?

Woodrow
08-08-2006, 09:27 AM
I just edited the Muslim-Convert to Muslim-Revert as that seems to be the prefered term.

SirZubair
08-08-2006, 09:28 AM
edit : nevermind :)

InToTheRain
08-08-2006, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I just edited the Muslim-Convert to Muslim-Revert as that seems to be the prefered term.
Nice one akhee.

Thanaa
08-08-2006, 01:00 PM
I put myself as someone considering being a Muslim because, even though ive technically said the Shahada, and entered the faith, I can not yet pray, or perform wudu, you know "do the motions".
:cry:

InToTheRain
08-08-2006, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thanaa
I put myself as someone considering being a Muslim because, even though ive technically said the Shahada, and entered the faith, I can not yet pray, or perform wudu, you know "do the motions".
:cry:

Allah, the Almighty says: Allah doesn't burden any soul with more than it can bear. Each soul receives the reward for the good it has earned and is punished for the evil it has done (2:286). And Allah, the Almighty says: Allah puts no burden on anyone beyond what He has given him (65:7). So sincere fear of and obedience to Allah and sincere struggling for His sake is in accordance with the ability of each slave. Allah the Exalted says: And strive sincerely for His sake He has chosen you and has not burdened you with any difficulty in the religion (22:78).

May Allah(SWT) reward your effort for the Deen of Islam.

Muezzin
08-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to 'What Religion Are You?'

As it is, if someone asked me the question 'What are you?', I could only reply:

'I'm Batman'.

SirZubair
08-08-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to 'What Religion Are You?'

As it is, if someone asked me the question 'What are you?', I could only reply:

'I'm Batman'.
Wha'eva, you were about to say :

"Im a big big girl in a big big world and ...." ;):giggling:

IbnAbdulHakim
08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Wha'eva, you were about to say :

"Im a big big girl in a big big world and ...." ;):giggling:

:uuh:

*snaps back to reality*

IM A MUSLIM :)

Umm Yoosuf
08-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Greetings,

Peace
Still though it does not matter if they vote because no-one will be able to see which member voted for what.

Hijaabi22
08-08-2006, 08:08 PM
ALHAMDULILLAH ALHAMDULILLAH Im a muslim And theres nothin else Id rather be ........as Dawud W Ali says lol ;D

Big up 2 all ma revert bros and sisters out there, May allah(swt) keep u guided and on the straight path always inshaAllah

REPSTER
08-08-2006, 09:01 PM

I am happy and proud to be a muslim:thumbs_up
:w:

Dahir
08-08-2006, 11:06 PM
WHOA!

There's a lot of Muslims on this forum!

Shadow
08-08-2006, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
WHOA!

I noticed that too :eek:

czgibson
08-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Greetings,
WHOA!

Strange that, isn't it? :)

Peace

Dahir
08-08-2006, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shadow
I noticed that too :eek:
So I'm not alone!

Greetings,

Strange that, isn't it? :)

Peace
WHOA!

Malaikah
08-09-2006, 12:26 PM

how come theres no apostate option?

Muslim Soldier
08-09-2006, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah

Its Homo homo sapiens. :p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-28-2006, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

how come theres no apostate option?
do we want that really? i ono lol..:shade:

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-29-2006, 12:25 AM
WHOA!

Erm... like, duh.

Anyway... I kinda consider myself to be a 'returnee'. But that isn't there, so I chose Muslim.

:wasalamex

Ghazi
08-30-2006, 01:12 AM

I'm A Revert Cause Two Years ago even though I cliamed to be muslim I wasn't only diffrence between me and a random kafir was my islamic name, but now I'll say I'm a muslim so I guess I'm a revert.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!