/* */

PDA

View Full Version : MORE User Groups!!!

Dahir
08-08-2006, 10:29 PM
YES!

The bros. and sis. room is Great and all, however, we need more user groups!

We need groups that some of our non-Muslim user can benefit from:

Like politically-based groups, or interest groups.

A "Tech Alliance" or a "Libertarian Alliance."

Oh, and the "freemixing" would be heavily monitored, well, maybe a women's and men's seperate interest groups, like a Libertarian men's group and Lib women's group, that sounds right.

And everyone can join up to 2 or 3 different groups. Each group should have its own locally-elected mod (through polls or suggestion threads).

And the groups should have insignias that the user can wear as a Sig-Line or under their avatar or location.

Any thoughts from the Admins or users?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
08-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Well, this would go against the forum's rules, which is to promote unity.....

I see too much conflict for that to happen....

Dahir
08-08-2006, 10:58 PM
I see too much conflict for that to happen....
New Plan:

Take out the political groups.

How about just interest groups:

Tech.
Sports.
Medicine.
PC buffs.
Mac buffs.
Linux experimentors.

That would be pretty cool to have.

Woodrow
08-08-2006, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
YES!

The bros. and sis. room is Great and all, however, we need more user groups!

Like politically-based groups, or interest groups.

A "Tech Alliance" or a "Libertarian Alliance."

Oh, and the "freemixing" would be heavily monitored, well, maybe a women's and men's seperate interest groups, like a Libertarian men's group and Lib women's group, that sounds right.

And everyone can join up to 2 or 3 different groups. Each group should have its own locally-elected mod (through polls or suggestion threads).

And the groups should have insignias that the user can wear as a Sig-Line or under their avatar or location.

Any thoughts from the Admins or users?
I may not be the smartest kid on the block. But, If memory serves me right the name of the forum is "LI Islamic Forum". I suspect there is a reason why it is named so..

Now I will agree that this is a noble thought:

But, dosen't it seem logical that first and foremost our interests should be in regards to Islamic issues and Muslims.

Now in regards to free mixing of genders. That is forbidden in our beliefs. Would it not be hypocritical for it to be allowed here.

Would that not me similar to opening up a Halal restaurant, but offer pork chops to the non Muslim customers?

I think it must be remembered that the purpose of the forum is to serve and educate Muslims. Yes, the administors saw the wisdom in sharing and opening the forum to non-Muslims and we all have benefited. But, I think we need to keep in mind the basic purpose for the forum.

I personaly feel that there are adequate forums open, with the possible exception of one or 2 more that may prove to be of value.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
08-08-2006, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I may not be the smartest kid on the block. But, If memory serves me right the name of the forum is "LI Islamic Forum". I suspect there is a reason why it is named so..

Now I will agree that this is a noble thought:

But, dosen't it seem logical that first and foremost our interests should be in regards to Islamic issues and Muslims.

Now in regards to free mixing of genders. That is forbidden in our beliefs. Would it not be hypocritical for it to be allowed here.

Would that not me similar to opening up a Halal restaurant, but offer pork chops to the non Muslim customers?

I think it must be remembered that the purpose of the forum is to serve and educate Muslims. Yes, the administors saw the wisdom in sharing and opening the forum to non-Muslims and we all have benefited. But, I think we need to keep in mind the basic purpose for the forum.

I personaly feel that there are adequate forums open, with the possible exception of one or 2 more that may prove to be of value.
I see! Good reasoning. :)

I just thought expanding this website would be neat, but I'm an expansionist e-Impersialist, forgive my ways.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.