/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Simplicity of Islam--What happened?

Les_Nubian
08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
I was just wondering, a lot of us Muslims proclaim that Islam is about simplicity, etcetera etcetera...and I have been guilty of this myself...but why is everything I see about political and cultural and feminist and terrorist/war/extreme Islam? Or about who is "right" in their religion (or lake thereof), and who is "wrong". Who's going to "hell", and who's not, etcetera.

When did it become about more than just worshipping and loving Allah, our creator? And loving one another, and showing God's love through our interaction with Muslims and non-Muslims alike! Why the complication? Why can't we just love everyone and get along with everyone and not have this "seperatist" attitude? Sometimes I have discussions with people and they try to point out to me that religion promotes seperatism. I agree that some people really are like this. Why can't we just worship God, who is LOVE, and come together under that concept? Instead of all of this talk about war, and politics, etcetera.

Of course, it is important to discuss politics, but if we could get just this very simple base of worshipping God alone, then maybe we could move up/progress, and get to the political part once we're all (and that being the majority of mankind!) on the same page.

Or is this just wishful thinking on my part? Are we all ever going to get along? All the people and religions of the world, etcetera?

Please, for the sake of humanity and unity, don't close or delete this thread! I'm begging you! :exhausted

:coolsis: :peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
08-11-2006, 06:36 PM
:sl:

human has different characters...

so don't bother too much on the person that talks too much...

just concentrate on being a better muslims...

:w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-11-2006, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
:sl:

human has different characters...

so don't bother too much on the person that talks too much...

just concentrate on being a better muslims...

:w:
yea, ur only accountable for urself in the end. if u can help others, thats good too.

Les_Nubian
08-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Ameen! lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.