PDA

View Full Version : What is the most preferred....



Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 08:34 PM
:sl:

I pray you are in the best of health and imaan.Ameen.

I will inshAllah be a 2nd year A level student when I return to college and I will at some point be asked to make a choice on which University I wish to attend.

Which University is the most preferred for studying Physics?

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-14-2006, 08:36 PM
UCL, KINGS dey are the toppest sista, but they r hard 2 get into, and it depends on where you live aswell, but in london UCL, Kings are the best, also Queen Marys:p thats okily dokily

but sista aint it a bit early for you to be thinkin bout uni :D:D:D
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
UCL, KINGS dey are the toppest sista, but they r hard 2 get into, and it depends on where you live aswell, but in london UCL, Kings are the best, also Queen Marys:p thats okily dokily

but sista aint it a bit early for you to be thinkin bout uni :D:D:D

:sl:
Early? Brother, I am skimming through A2 books now and my 2nd year has not yet begun. I'd rather be early.

KINGS you say? Do you know how many points are needed?

:w:
Reply

chacha_jalebi
08-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
:sl:
Early? Brother, I am skimming through A2 books now and my 2nd year has not yet begun. I'd rather be early.

KINGS you say? Do you know how many points are needed?

:w:
alredy goin through a2 books lol hmmmm :p mashallah sista

kings & ucl, but sista i not sure bout points but i think they wudnt accept anytin less then like a B (thats 100 points?) and a must is A level Physics & u sud hav like a good back up science aswell, like biology or chemistry, inshallah sista ya will get in a top one!! you know you hav 6 uni choices, so jus apply all over innit, but the toppest unis by moi knowlegde are UCL, KINGS, QUEEN MARYS :p n i got rejected by kings & queens lol :p but inshallah ya will be kool, and get into the uni of your choice :D:D:D
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
seeker_of_ilm
08-14-2006, 08:46 PM
:sl:

The times Survey top 20 for physics:

1 Cambridge
2 Oxford
3 Imperial College
4 Durham
5 Warwick
6 Bristol
7 Queens, Belfast
8 Leeds
9 Surrey
10 Royal Holloway
11 Nottingham
12 Glasgow
13 Southampton
14= Manchester
14= Univ Coll London
14= St Andrews
17= Exeter
17= Cardiff
19 Sheffield
20 Leicester
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
alredy goin through a2 books lol hmmmm :p mashallah sista

kings & ucl, but sista i not sure bout points but i think they wudnt accept anytin less then like a B (thats 100 points?) and a must is A level Physics & u sud hav like a good back up science aswell, like biology or chemistry, inshallah sista ya will get in a top one!! you know you hav 6 uni choices, so jus apply all over innit, but the toppest unis by moi knowlegde are UCL, KINGS, QUEEN MARYS :p n i got rejected by kings & queens lol :p but inshallah ya will be kool, and get into the uni of your choice :D:D:D

:sl:
Well, I am taking: Biology,chemistry,physics and mathematics so no problem with the other sciences.
University of warwick want AAB.
I wonder what cambridge expect.

:w:
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
08-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
:sl:
Well, I am taking: Biology,chemistry,physics and mathematics so no problem with the other sciences.
University of warwick want AAB.
I wonder what cambridge expect.

:w:
:sl:

Cambridge expect a standard AAA for every subject.
Reply

chacha_jalebi
08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
cambridge? lol, i rememba last yr applyin for uni & cambridge wanted double my expected grades :p and i was like woh blud, sista when you apply for a uni make sure you check out the expected points & if they too high for your expected grades dont apply, because they wont accept ya & it wil be a waste of a choice :D:D:D:D

sista oh yeh, you heard of imperial? they are kind of good with sciences, and theres anover uni which aint comin in to moi head, but i tink the westminsta science campus is good :p
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
:sl:

Cambridge expect a standard AAA for every subject.

:sl:
I read an article about Cambridge. One is not allowed to wear jewellery etc when attending the interviews because when people are nervous they figget with them and this shows the person is nervous. Basically, Cambridge don't want 'nervous people.'

I don't wear jewellery...but I think that is a silly law. ^^

:w:
Reply

chacha_jalebi
08-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
:sl:

Cambridge expect a standard AAA for every subject.
i turned down cambrigde :p lol naa

all the poshy unis always look @ Gcse's aswell like 5 A-C, but normal unis, if you got your A-C in maths n english then your sorted :D:D:D
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
cambridge? lol, i rememba last yr applyin for uni & cambridge wanted double my expected grades :p and i was like woh blud, sista when you apply for a uni make sure you check out the expected points & if they too high for your expected grades dont apply, because they wont accept ya & it wil be a waste of a choice :D:D:D:D

sista oh yeh, you heard of imperial? they are kind of good with sciences, and theres anover uni which aint comin in to moi head, but i tink the westminsta science campus is good :p

:sl:

I think the university you cannot think of is leciester. This has connections with Warwick and my mommy studied at warwick and London Universities.
:w:
Reply

chacha_jalebi
08-14-2006, 08:57 PM
naa its in london sister :D

have you tried the ucas search thing :D

http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsr...rch.run?y=2007 :D hope that helps ya sista :D
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
naa its in london sister :D

have you tried the ucas search thing :D

http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsr...rch.run?y=2007 :D hope that helps ya sista :D

:sl:
JazakAllah brother.

No courses found, please try again SubhanAllah.

:w:
Reply

chacha_jalebi
08-14-2006, 09:04 PM
no lol type in physics innit & then your selected destination & select degree :D:D and wotever you want full time or sandwich :D make sure you select degree because the other choices mash it up :p
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
no lol type in physics innit & then your selected destination & select degree :D:D and wotever you want full time or sandwich :D make sure you select degree because the other choices mash it up :p
:sl:

I did do that. Then the message came up. So, I just typed in 'Physics' and I clicked on search. That had results. alhamdullilah.

Anyhow, does anyone know which qualification I click on:

English, Welsh and Northern Irish Qualifications
Access & Supporting Qualifications
Scottish Qualifications
Other Qualifications
Other Tariff Qualifications

:w:
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Salam,

Warwick = Maths and Physics required.GCE A level grades AAB (including Mathematics and Physics) required, or A level grades AA in Mathematics and Physics plus AS level grades BBB. At least 9 units must be studied in Year 13, with a minimum of 6 at A level.

Cambridge =
Maths required.In order to help differentiate between the many well-qualified students applying to the University of Cambridge with A levels, achievement in particular A2 level units may also be included in a conditional offer from 2007 entry (please note that this is subject to developments at UCAS). Policies may vary from College to College and will also be dependent on the course you wish to study and your individual circumstances. You could be asked to achieve grade A in particular A2 level units you are taking or to gain a certain number of A grades in your A2 units. Please see individual College websites for more details.
Further Mathematics and Physics are highly desirable.

Oxford = Maths and Physics required.Maths mechanics module preferred. The grades/points give an indication of the range of offers likely to be made to successful candidates. Achievement of these grades/points does not guarantee a place as admission for all courses is competitive.

There is no harm in trying the 'top universities', so, please pray for me, my results will be coming soon. Allah is the ALL mIGHTY. All Praise is to Him.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 07:38 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 02:08 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 12:59 PM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!