/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Headaches a real health hazard?

lolwatever
08-19-2006, 05:03 AM
Salam ppl..

I'm wondering if letting headaches take their toll without doing nething about it is a bad thing or not?

Even though the head feels lilke its gonna blow up, does it really do anything negativ besides annoy you?

coz too much panadol will stuff up my immune system... so yeh.. wondering about that.

salamz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
08-19-2006, 05:09 AM
:sl:

did the prophet pbuh have panadol? :? and he had head aches twice as bad as normal ones didnt he?

lolwatever
08-19-2006, 05:10 AM
ws
lol yep u hav a point..
jazaks
salamz

ps: headache says to me: "now that you wont do nething about me i shall annoy you more ;D ;D"

Asyur an-Nagi
08-19-2006, 05:15 AM
headache is a symptom, which could spell as many disorder. painkiller is for emergency only, since it has a masking effect which will make the headache diagnostic goes tricky.

1. if you feel partial unilateral headache with no specific time of onset, it is a migrain or in medical term, a episodic vascular spasm.
2. if you feel terrible dull pain behind your neck, most probably it's your high blood pressure.
3. if you feel dull pain in the evening, go to ophtalmologist to check whether you need pair of glasses.
4. if you feel a headache with spasm behind your neck, it could be a third molar impaction muscle stiffness.
5. if you feel a throbbing headache (paralyzing sometimes), with sudden onset, and getting worse after a long night sleep, it could be a brain tumor.

it's all i can remember. i need to read more to explain, hahaha...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
08-19-2006, 05:18 AM

lolwatever wait what point did you understand? lol my main point was that he didnt have painkillers as far as i know yet he didnt die from his headaches... i guess its just Alahs way of saying: 'if you are patient ill expiate your sins'

i usually find that taking a nap helps with my head aches, no painkillers involved

:w:

Malaikah
08-19-2006, 05:21 AM

Aysur an-Nagi, that list is freaky lol

format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
3. if you feel dull pain in the evening, go to ophtalmologist to check whether you need pair of glasses.
OR an optometrist!! :shade:

Asyur an-Nagi
08-19-2006, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

Aysur an-Nagi, that list is freaky lol

OR an optometrist!! :shade:
yea, either way. just make sure you got a pairs.:)

lolwatever
08-19-2006, 05:28 AM
jazaks akh asyur for that, lool i know its not suppose 2b funny.. but i couldnt help laughing about the 5th point, imagine that.. "woops i got a brain tumour":X may alalh protect us from that ameen...

i guess i got a migrain...

yeh cheese i understood wat u meant, and yes sleeping did help me a bit :statisfie

lol @ optometrist.

salamz

Asyur an-Nagi
08-19-2006, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
jazaks akh asyur for that, lool i know its not suppose 2b funny.. but i couldnt help laughing about the 5th point, imagine that.. "woops i got a brain tumour":X may alalh protect us from that ameen...

i guess i got a migrain...

yeh cheese i understood wat u meant, and yes sleeping did help me a bit :statisfie

lol @ optometrist.

salamz
inshaAllah. only Allah could prevent us from that, and Allah knows best:coolbro:

lolwatever
08-19-2006, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Wow, didn't know that...
lolWater, to be honest I've never had a bad headache before...but sometimes I have sharp and fleeting kind of like electric shock feelings in my brain lol... I always end up asking myself "What if I have some kind of tumour" ;D

Insha'Allah you'll get better...you should go to the doctor and check out what the prob is just in case. :)
maybe u got alpha particles ionising brain particles n causing the electric shocs ;D ;)

jk inshalah ull b fine hehe..

cant b bothered going doc, clinic is such a boring place.

lol tc salamz

Snowflake
08-19-2006, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
5. if you feel a throbbing headache (paralyzing sometimes), with sudden onset, and getting worse after a long night sleep, it could be a brain tumor.

it's all i can remember. i need to read more to explain, hahaha...
Yikesssssss! I almost always wake up with a headache - does that mean I might have a brain tumour? And I feel a lot of pressure in my heads when I prostrate in salah? :?

amirah_87
08-19-2006, 01:17 PM
as salaamu alaykum,

Headaches are a real toture!!.. subhnaAllah!! A sheikh once said that laughter cures and eases the pain...which is kinda true.. I get hunger headaches :?:?
happens when i'm hungry!! :heated: So food's my cure!! :X
If do get a headcahe i just sleep it off or something...i avoid takin' pills cause your body will become too dependent on them!!..

I remember the WORST headache I got...was when my first wisdom tooth was coming out :heated: Laa ilaaha illalaah , the pain was just too much!! :uhwhat: ..it was like ZING!! :uuh: :uuh:
Pfffffftt..alhamdulillah I never got anything like that again!!

Snowflake
08-19-2006, 02:23 PM
lol@ZING... that really sounds bad sis - but need I say.. it's nothing compared to the pain of child-birth teeheeheeheehee ;D

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
I get hunger headaches :?:?
happens when i'm hungry!! :heated: So food's my cure!! :X

oh that happens to me too! when i have a long day at uni with out eating anything, my head kills me.. i just hope that wont happen in ramadan though!

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
lol@ZING... that really sounds bad sis - but need I say.. it's nothing compared to the pain of child-birth teeheeheeheehee ;D
:X :uuh:

Asyur an-Nagi
08-21-2006, 03:56 AM
Yikesssssss! I almost always wake up with a headache - does that mean I might have a brain tumour? And I feel a lot of pressure in my heads when I prostrate in salah? :?
ah...sorry. i just remembered that the headache when you are prostrating (just like your face being grasp by giant hand), it could by a sinus problem (long term iritation on your nasal tract, or sinusoid cavity).

syilla
08-21-2006, 06:30 AM
i agree with you...after the child-birth....no other pain can be compared to that... :D

snakelegs
08-22-2006, 01:34 AM
if you wake with a headache, it is most likely a sinus headache.
i used to get cluster headaches - sinus must be implicated in these.
the very best thing i have found is to boil a pot of water, throw in some chamomile, put a towel over your head and breath the steam (thru your nose) as deep as you can - start out easy, then increase the depth of your breathing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.