/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LI Forums your opinions

Pages : [1] 2

Khaldun
01-02-2005, 03:56 AM
Assalamu Alykum

InshAllah this is just like somewhere where you can vote on how you are finding the site at the moment, feel free to vote and maybe post a comment on your choice. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
WomanOfJihad
01-02-2005, 03:02 PM
SubhanAllah.. So far the Forum is doin realy great, i mean within few days .. the Forum has grown a lott ... regarding nt many peopke knowing abt it ... but .. inshAllah Definately this forum will be Extra Active once every1 cums to know abt it .. ( I.e. REGENT COLLEGE)

Ummatee
01-14-2005, 11:21 AM
:sl: As i said.. its gona go JAMMMIIINNN and so here we are..MashAlah its going JAMMMIIINNNN...!!! Alhamduilllah It has benefitted alot of people (i know in college and stuff) and inshAllah...I hope and Pray it will progress further and benefit the youth in many ways inshAllah.

Uma Rayanah
01-14-2005, 07:29 PM
:sl:

~*I hope u r all in da best state of health 'N' iman inshallah*~

Well, first of all I would like to say,,,,,ALHAMDULILAH it's great to see that this site is increasing daily maybe even hour mashallah..

There are tons of great of islmic info ,, which is gr8 ,so far so good,, i'm enjoyin it,,, Keep it up...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
01-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Site is realllllllllllly good Masha Allah but the problem is......oh never mind...im keeping my mouth :zip: :zip: :zip: 4 now that is!

Khaldun
01-21-2005, 08:35 AM

sister pls do not hesitate! If you dont tell us how can we possible know what to improve? pls do tell :)

WomanOfJihad
01-21-2005, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimah
Site is realllllllllllly good Masha Allah but the problem is......oh never mind...im keeping my mouth :zip: :zip: :zip: 4 now that is!

lol.Sis Muslimah .. not so fast .. u think u gna get away wid it ? .. well thats a BIG NO .. uve gt the Members curious here , n its nt good to keep them in secret .. so thrill us with ur problems inshAllah .. Now that uve opened half ur mouth . Dont :zip: them bak .. : p n if u r scared of the ADMINS thinkin theyll ban u .. they gotta think twice abt it . ;-) so FEEL FREEEEE !!

* CURIOUS INDEED*

Khaldun
01-21-2005, 11:11 AM

n if u r scared of the ADMINS thinkin theyll ban u .. they gotta think twice abt it

is that a threat sis Jihad? :omg: ....

WomanOfJihad
01-21-2005, 11:37 AM
is that a threat sis Jihad? ....
err.. no Brother .. just Tryin to tell Sis Muslimah .. that Us MEMBERS are in the TOP of the HIERARCHY then comes ADMINS :$

root
01-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I think this is a good forum. I am a member of a number of religous forums, it is interesting that this site "Spammed" me with religous festivity (for want of a better word) yet the Christian sites dont.

Wondering why you choose to do this and do you have an opt out scheme.

Root

kadafi
01-21-2005, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
it is interesting that this site "Spammed" me with religous festivity (for want of a better word) yet the Christian sites dont.
Greetings root,

The e-mail send to you was a public message related to the eid day.

We forgot to exclude you from these e-mails and your username has been added to the exclusion list.

Peace

Uma Rayanah
01-21-2005, 08:47 PM

huuuummm!!!..

I Get it.!!!

Umm Yoosuf
01-22-2005, 07:36 PM
lol@womanofjihad & 1_Of_Ur_Siss_In_Islam reallllllly

I had some things against the admins but Alhmdulilaaah when i read the rules of posting topics etc i relised that the admins were doing their job and a good job too! May Allah Reward them. I was in the wrong :-[ :-[ and you guys dont need to what the problem was hehehe :teeth: :shade:

Uma Rayanah
01-22-2005, 07:39 PM
lol@womanofjihad & 1_Of_Ur_Siss_In_Islam reallllllly

I had some things against the admins but Alhmdulilaaah when i read the rules of posting topics etc i relised that the admins were doing their job and a good job too! May Allah Reward them. I was in the wrong :-[ :-[ and you guys dont need to what the problem was hehehe :teeth: :shade:

R u sure my sweet sister,,lol let it out.. hadaa we wan't kill ya

trust me

Umm Yoosuf
01-22-2005, 07:43 PM
No no sis :zip: :zip: :zip: thats not a good idea anyways i theres another problem with this site that i have.....hehehehehe...oh dear :-[

Khaldun
01-22-2005, 11:41 PM

Dont keep feelings "bottled" up sister...tell us whats wrong and we might be able to fix it with the help of Allah.

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 12:08 AM

No no sis :zip: :zip: :zip: thats not a good idea anyways i theres another problem with this site that i have.....hehehehehe...oh dear :-[

Hmm.. SIS MUslimah.. Now u gt Me really Curious .. this thread is al about giving opinions of the forum n to suggst improvements, n any faults .. so plz do sHare ur comment without any hesitation .. like i said if u r scared of any members or admins .. ill be here to shield u ;-)
:w:

Umm Yoosuf
01-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum wr wb

I have no problems with the forums Alhmadulilaah but i think there is lack of privacy here. Ppl can view if your online, the time you last logged out, what forum/topic your viewing, whether you've read their PM and Allah knows what else i havent come across yet! Subhanallah! Why all this?

kadafi
01-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum wr wb

I have no problems with the forums Alhmadulilaah but i think there is lack of privacy here. Ppl can view if your online, the time you last logged out, what forum/topic your viewing, whether you've read their PM and Allah knows what else i havent come across yet! Subhanallah! Why all this?
:sl: sis,

Sister, I see that you were used to (old) phpbb forums (i.e. the one at slife.com).

If you do not want people to see if you're online, then go to your UserCP
Click on Edit Options and select Use Invisible Mode. This will mean that people cannot see which forum/topic you're currently viewing.

As for the PM part. It's called tracking. That means that when you send a PM to someone, you can choose whether you want a
read receipt or not. You can simply click no if you do not want it. However, let's assume that you did send a pm with tracking. The receiver who has read the PM has the ability to send back a note that you he/she has read your pm. Again, the receiver has the ability to choose whether to send a receipt that he/she has read your e-mail.

I know this might seem confusin', but if most users do not want this tracking system, then we'll disable it. But frankly, I cannot see the reason why we should disable it since the sender and/or the receiver have the choice to not send the receipt.

Wa'salaam

Umm Yoosuf
01-23-2005, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
:sl: sis,

Sister, I see that you were used to (old) phpbb forums (i.e. the one at slife.com).

If you do not want people to see if you're online, then go to your UserCP
Click on Edit Options and select Use Invisible Mode. This will mean that people cannot see which forum/topic you're currently viewing.

As for the PM part. It's called tracking. That means that when you send a PM to someone, you can choose whether you want a
read receipt or not. You can simply click no if you do not want it. However, let's assume that you did send a pm with tracking. The receiver who has read the PM has the ability to send back a note that you he/she has read your pm. Again, the receiver has the ability to choose whether to send a receipt that he/she has read your e-mail.

I know this might seem confusin', but if most users do not want this tracking system, then we'll disable it. But frankly, I cannot see the reason why we should disable it since the sender and/or the receiver have the choice to not send the receipt.

Wa'salaam
Allah! :-[ ..... :'( :'( :'( ok waryaa thanks 4 ur help anyways about the tracking system and PM subhanallah what a confusion u've just caused for me....it looks like its gonna take sometime for me to get use to this. Ya Allah!

Ok now i think i'll keep my mouth shut, i've complained enought! :zip: :-[ :-[ :-[

Umm Yoosuf
01-23-2005, 06:02 PM
U admin get on my nervous why have you locked the topic "THIS SHOULD BE KNOWN"
ahhhhhhhh! I so wanted to respond to it!

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 06:03 PM
lol. aww sis .. inshAllah dnt stress abt it .. if u have more complains feel free .. better to get things cleared out .. :-)
the Complaints were intersting ..

Umm Yoosuf
01-23-2005, 06:06 PM
I've never complained so much in my life!

WomanOfJihad
01-23-2005, 06:13 PM

U admin get on my nervous why have you locked the topic "THIS SHOULD BE KNOWN"
ahhhhhhhh! I so wanted to respond to it!
hmm.. well sis i guess that can cause drifts between each other..n i m sure keeping grudges wud b the last thing we wud want here ...

ACTUALLY .. why dnt we have another Boards . of DEBATES .. this type of Topics could be taken there .. n peple can have debates on it .. a DEBATE board would b interesting as welll .. (Allahu Alim)

Umm Yoosuf
01-23-2005, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad

hmm.. well sis i guess that can cause drifts between each other..n i m sure keeping grudges wud b the last thing we wud want here ...

ACTUALLY .. why dnt we have another Boards . of DEBATES .. this type of Topics could be taken there .. n peple can have debates on it .. a DEBATE board would b interesting as welll .. (Allahu Alim)
Sis i understand where your coming from. I think the admins should not close the topic but delete the comments that are out of contexts (i.e might cuz problems etc)!

hmmm a debate board sounds intrestin! Admins???

Khaldun
01-23-2005, 07:45 PM

The reason why the thread is closed, is simply LI does not allow discussions of different sects as this requires more knowledge then most brothers and sisters have. And this will led to splits, and what we want with this site is to create unity I hope members can understand that. Wa Billahi Tawfiq

Abdalla
01-24-2005, 09:38 AM
lol u wanna watch out Proudmuslimah u dont wanna get on my nerves while i got the flu!

Umm Yoosuf
01-24-2005, 08:28 PM
Alright Khaldun i see where ur coming from. Is that right Abdalla? ok i'll give u admins a break!

WomanOfJihad
01-24-2005, 08:50 PM

Alright Khaldun i see where ur coming from. Is that right Abdalla? ok i'll give u admins a break!
lol .." ill give u admins a break"
Does that mean sis Muslimah will be getting on Admins nerves later in future ? SubhanAllah ..

Umm Yoosuf
01-24-2005, 08:56 PM
YES OF CUZ SIS! oooooooops did i just say that! hehehe. Hay! Admins come let me join u. Make me an admin. I think you can do with the help of a sister in Islam! Dont you think?

Uthman
01-25-2005, 07:40 PM
I understand. *Expects pat on the back but doesn't get one*

So it's because most brothers and sisters on these boards don't have enough knowledge to argue about the sects. And we need unity right now anyway. Dunnow why just posted that in the comments and suggestions forum, but hey.

Uma Rayanah
01-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Asalaamu Alikum

Admins come let me join u. Make me an admin. I think you can do with the help of a sister in Islam! Dont you think?

My sweet sis Proud... speak 4 us self..

Mention my sis Women of Jihaad.. she is

Mashallah..

Uma Rayanah
01-25-2005, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdalla
lol u wanna watch out Proudmuslimah u dont wanna get on my nerves while i got the flu!

sis Proud.. indeed don't mess around with da those ppl whom hv authority ...

didn't i teach u dis lesson.. where was i .?

i know u neva listen!!!

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 10:50 PM
sis Proud.. indeed don't mess around with da those ppl whom hv authority ...

didn't i teach u dis lesson.. where was i .?

i know u neva listen!!!
lol Sis in ISLAM .. the Admins are gonna get flattered if they read the phrase "ADMINS have AUTHORITY" .. more like we membersss have the authority on the boards :-)

WomanOfJihad
01-25-2005, 10:57 PM
SubhanAllah by lookin at the statistics ...it looks like the forum is doin reallly great Alhumdulillah .... however it would b appreciated if brothers n sisters could suggest any improvements or ideas to make this forum even good .. like i always say brothers n sisters plz dnt hesitate to give ur opinions regarding it being BAD or GOOD .. n i m sure no one here would get offended nor irritated with member's opinions :-) ( inshAllah)

Uma Rayanah
01-26-2005, 01:39 PM

lol Sis in ISLAM .. the Admins are gonna get flattered if they read the phrase "ADMINS have AUTHORITY" .. more like we membersss have the authority on the boards :-)

realllyyy!!!!! :thumbs_up intersting...

Uma Rayanah
01-26-2005, 01:42 PM
SubhanAllah by lookin at the statistics ...it looks like the forum is doin reallly great Alhumdulillah .... however it would b appreciated if brothers n sisters could suggest any improvements or ideas to make this forum even good .. like i always say brothers n sisters plz dnt hesitate to give ur opinions regarding it being BAD or GOOD .. n i m sure no one here would get offended nor irritated with member's opinions :-) ( inshAllah)

indeed.. i wander why u alwyz give me hard time 4.. Gurl u r my problem believe it or not Women... :mad: it will be nice if u jz leave me alone.. will ya... ya right!!

Jz jokin sis hold ur hourses... no need 4 da chill pill.. :thumbs_up :p ..

Any how as my sister siad.. jz post ur hounst opininon
... :)

Abdalla
01-26-2005, 01:49 PM
im not sure if i quite understand that, but then again thats female chit chat for ya!

Uma Rayanah
01-26-2005, 01:51 PM
im not sure if i quite understand that, but then again thats female chit chat for ya!
:zip: :zip: :zip:

indeed... womenz chat. u know typical Calaacul.com/xalimoztalk.co.uk...

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Abdalla
01-26-2005, 01:55 PM
No not really :-[ dont go to chat sites like that, a mere waste of time if you ask me sis. :teeth: :p

Uma Rayanah
01-26-2005, 01:58 PM
No not really :-[ dont go to chat sites like that, a mere waste of time if you ask me sis. :teeth: :p
1- dat is not a site i jz made dat up.. :) ( i'm good u know lol)

2- i guess dat is ur point of view.. and i hv no commont @all so i rather :zip:

Abdalla
01-26-2005, 02:00 PM
yeah u better dont like lil members runnin their mouths ;) lol

Uma Rayanah
01-26-2005, 02:01 PM
yeah u better dont like lil members runnin their mouths ;) lol
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Faraxz talkz...lol jz jokin.. anyhow.. me no understand u .. :confused: and u don't hv 2 explain ur self brother

Abdalla
01-26-2005, 02:03 PM
ok, now lets get this topic back to its point, ne one have thing to say about how we can improve this forum?

WomanOfJihad
01-26-2005, 02:40 PM
* Obseves the FORUM reallly hard..sothat she can come up with any faultys or Ideas*

Uthman
01-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Ummm. . . I'd just like to say that I'm really impressed with the LI forums and I use it more often than some other ones. So just a suggestion really . . . on other forums we have the ability to attach mp3 files with the manage attachments option. We sometimes use it to attach Qur'an recitations and whatnot. I'd just like to ask if it is possible to do that here? Or maybe it isn't necessary. Anywayz, jus' a suggestion as I said. :)

WomanOfJihad
01-26-2005, 03:18 PM
good point brother , the more FAcilities the better...

Uma Rayanah
01-26-2005, 07:06 PM
* Obseves the FORUM reallly hard..sothat she can come up with any faultys or Ideas*
indeed.. out of 10 i'll give u -40...lol

Umm Yoosuf
01-26-2005, 08:25 PM
lol@1ofursissinislam NAYAA stop giving ppl hard time alright!

Uthman
01-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah! It was u I was calling a nasty pastie! And don't mess with master jedi! Arrrrrr.

Umm Yoosuf
01-26-2005, 08:38 PM
ok, now lets get this topic back to its point, ne one have thing to say about how we can improve this forum?
Where is the sisters section???? ONLY 4 sisters! A DANGER ZONE 4 brothers! Cant we have asister section?

WomanOfJihad
01-26-2005, 10:28 PM

hmm... yes it would be good if sisters n brothers had their own privacy too... but at the moment .. i dnt see many of the sisters active in the forum .apart from 3/4 ....

Uma Rayanah
01-27-2005, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Yeah! It was u I was calling a nasty pastie! And don't mess with master jedi! Arrrrrr.
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

May allah 4 give u

:zip: :zip: :zip: :zip:

Abdalla
01-27-2005, 05:28 PM
the only bad thing with that would be lets say if ppl have virus on their comp then if they uploaded mp3.'s then u wud also get a virus on ure comp, would you risk it? also other forums have a lot of money at their hands so they can afford the extra badnwidth, if you guys donate some cash maybe we would upgrade maybe to a bigger bandwidth inshllah, get my point

Far7an
01-27-2005, 05:43 PM
so an mp3 file can contain a virus and not any other file format??

:confused:

Uthman
01-27-2005, 06:20 PM
I get your point brother Abdalla. Can't we get the forums to do one of them filtering things like with hotmail attachments?

format_quote Originally Posted by 1_Of_Ur_Siss_In_Islam
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

May allah 4 give u

:zip: :zip: :zip: :zip:
Astaghfirullah. May Allah forgive you. You are not a nasty pastie. Because pasties must be eaten. But you are not a pastie. :)

Umm Yoosuf
01-27-2005, 06:49 PM
the only bad thing with that would be lets say if ppl have virus on their comp then if they uploaded mp3.'s then u wud also get a virus on ure comp, would you risk it? also other forums have a lot of money at their hands so they can afford the extra badnwidth, if you guys donate some cash maybe we would upgrade maybe to a bigger bandwidth inshllah, get my point

Im not following you...mind explianin to me wat ur on about waryaa :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

.::aBDI::.
01-28-2005, 01:16 AM
This is the first time i use a vBulletin forums and I can say it is better than the others i have seen.

The fuctunality is great and it is easy to use. The text editor also is amazing.

I am still new so I don't have that much ideas. need to spend sometime to notice problems...but one thing in my head now is : can memebers have customable styles? like they can change the colors and style of the page?

Khaldun
01-28-2005, 01:21 AM

yes they can brother....at the bottom of your front screen...u can choose it....bottom left

.::aBDI::.
01-28-2005, 01:28 AM
Nice so nice...thanks Khaldun...

Far7an
01-29-2005, 02:59 PM

I think this matter has been raised before but no action was taken. I dont think it is a good idea that other members can view who is currently online. this option should be made available to the user of whether they would like other members to view there status. I appreciate that those individuals who maintain this forum already have many duties but i would be grateful if they take this into consideration. barakallah feekum

Khaldun
01-30-2005, 12:07 AM

point well taken, although there is an option for brothers and sisters, to be anonymous whilst online.

Far7an
01-30-2005, 12:21 AM
:) Jazakallah khair

Abdalla
01-31-2005, 09:27 AM
yes there is mind you though, we the admins can still see who is online, view your IP etc. so really there is nothing a normal member can do to you if theys ee you online!

Uthman
01-31-2005, 08:24 PM
You heard that, Ansar? It had no effect on Ronnie Roo when we were on strike on UI!

WomanOfJihad
01-31-2005, 11:52 PM

each day the forum seems to grow bigger ..with the help of our brothers n sisters in here ...since u all r putting such a great effort in here . i have REWARDED those who i felt deserved it ... inshAllah keep the posts cumin ... they r really appreciated . Jazakahumullahu Khairan

kadafi
02-03-2005, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
yeah ! day by day dis forum seems growing. Noticed one thing just now, see the attatchment :

P.S : Time is IST [GMT+5:30].

Hehe, unfortunaley, those are guests includin' spiderbots such as Google, Slurpi (Yahoo) etc. They all come at once and crawl the forum to archive it on the search engine.

Maryam
03-10-2005, 10:53 PM
This forum, marshallah, its soo intersting, and marshallah, i felt more relaxed.. :confused:
Werid..
But anyway, many of u, i'm gald to bump in ya, otherwise i would have gone to islamway forum instead!
lol ;D ;D ;D :p :p

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-04-2005, 04:51 PM
WE NOW HAVE 300 MEMBERS!!!

Uma Rayanah
04-04-2005, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
WE NOW HAVE 300 MEMBERS!!!

Mashallah

Uthman
04-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Mashalllah! May those numbers keep on increasing inshallah! :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-04-2005, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Mashalllah! May those numbers keep on increasing inshallah! :)

Ameen

Danish
04-28-2005, 03:05 PM
I think this forum is alhamdulilah very good. Only downside is that it doesnt have many non-muslims. But on the positive side, the community is nice and cool, and the rules are not chokingly exciting, so thumbs up ;)

MetSudaisTwice
04-28-2005, 03:10 PM
this forum is the most amazing forum out of the whole lot! it is the best in my opinion, i am so amazed alhamdulillah

Z
04-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

A nice number but remember, it's the quality that counts. So far, I don't see much quality. That's my honest opinion.

Ibn Syed
04-29-2005, 09:52 PM
We got about 540 people now. This forum is getting bigger.

MetSudaisTwice
05-11-2005, 08:09 AM
mashallah this site is excellent but if only if the mods increase the PM inbox capacity.

Rima
05-19-2005, 01:20 PM
what I like the most in this forum is the rules

Jazakum Allahu Khairan

TALHA
06-17-2005, 05:23 PM

How about 1000... :p :p :p ;) :brother:

Halima
06-26-2005, 04:36 AM
^^ the first thing tht attracted me towards this forum was its RULES :)

n as Br MST said, it wud be better wid a bigger PM box :brother:
100 instead of 70 wud be gud :-[

The 1st thing that attracted me was the erm..sisters section mashallah so many good sisters :omg:

Labaik Ya Allah
08-24-2005, 10:04 PM
when was this forum created and who was it created by

Khaldun
08-24-2005, 10:25 PM

It was created a few months ago by a bounch of determined college students may Allah reward them and all the others that have done their bit to help out, Ameen

Danish
08-25-2005, 01:59 PM
i find myself idle chatting more than doing dawah and pleasing Allah (SWT). :( Inshallah, i will "behave".

Ummu Amatullah
08-26-2005, 03:14 AM
Same as me insha'allah.I'm just wondering why people are getting banned now and not before?

Ummu Amatullah
08-26-2005, 01:39 PM
? :?
who got banned NOW ? :confused:
Bro don't worry I'm just delirious :D .

Ummu Amatullah
08-26-2005, 02:00 PM
:thumbs_up Yeah!!!Guess so.She didn't do anything wrong so there's no reason for her to get banned.Actually she made this forum really interesting.

Shadow
08-29-2005, 11:14 PM
the few main reasons tht i love this forum are

1.its somehow organized, ill explain
all the comparitive religion stuff stay in one section so when ever im in the mood for learning i go there:)
all the cool stuff stay in the halal fun section and the poetry section(i love the rap poems)
all the junk stay in the recycle bin:)
and for some reason i like going there to read why it ended up in the dumps

2.we have alot of members here
alot indeed

3.there are ppl from other religions as well so it helps me see their view of things

4.the mods come here regularly so its always maintained in a kinda good way

5.i like the humor this forum has
we have alot of comedians here u know

the end:)

samina1
10-14-2005, 05:10 PM
iam lost, i have no idea who got banned.. ok some1 help me understand whts goin on here, and oh ya iam new.. oh sorry, my name is samina...

Protected_Diamond
10-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Asalamualykum warhmatualhi waarakthu

lol..dis forum is wiked!! ders no need 4 any oda options hehe

walakumaslaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Salema
10-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Alhamdulilah nothing but good! May Allah increase them in Tawfiq

Halima
10-14-2005, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salema
Alhamdulilah nothing but good! May Allah increase them in Tawfiq

Hay Caramba! Why didn't you just click the option chica? :D

Hasta la vista :thumbs_up

Sanobar
10-15-2005, 07:34 AM
salam,
well i joined the forum i guess abt 2 months back.......i heard abt htis site form another form site where zAK and ppl used to talk abt it ... so i thgt of joining it and here i am.....enjoying it to teh fullest ,learning a lot abt islam......and yeah the sisters room...!:):):)

so my opinion
Alhamdulilah nothing but good! May Allah increase them in Tawfiq ! Ameen!
:)

sonz
11-17-2005, 11:46 AM
asalam

i like this forum alot and i think its best forum for islam so i choose first option

habib
11-17-2005, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
asalam

i like this forum alot and i think its best forum for islam so i choose first option
LI is the best islamic forum :peace:
i like it .. :loving:

Halima
11-17-2005, 04:04 PM
:sl: the thing I like about L.I is that I can learn here alot for my own good. also, everyone here is laid back everything is easy and calm. :w:

My 2 cents.

Umm Yoosuf
12-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum.

I like the pictures next to each forum. Pretty cool.

The picture i find funny is the sheep infront of Eid-ul-Adha:happy:

hidaayah
12-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Assalam u Alaikum..me too i like the pictures like sister Jannah and this forum is beneficial too...there are just so many things to do...
wassalam

Halima
12-07-2005, 09:10 PM
:salamext:

Alhamdulilah, may we keep our members satisfied. InshaAllah

:wasalamex

sapphire
12-07-2005, 09:32 PM
must be the only forum that i actually think i know all the people and think i have like known you all my whole life....wicked forum!!!!

Umm Yoosuf
12-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Nice bright message in yellow for non-Registered members :)

samina1
12-08-2005, 09:18 PM
alhumdoliah, i hope we keep up our hard work on da web.. inshallah..
ma salaam!
kudahafiz..

*charisma*
12-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

well i dunno if these have been mentioned but..

can u make it so that full members can delete their own posts cuz sometimes we double post and all we can do is edit.

also can we "full" members have our color changed, like to green instead of this dark blue cuz we arent sticking out lol:)

i dont know if this can be possible in forums or not, but can you have it so that quran recitations or noninstrumental nasheed is playing in the background

and back to the editing thing..can you make it so that if we edit our posts and someone quotes us, that it can also be edited, if not can u make it so that mods can do it for us.

ok thats all i have up my sleeve

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

mariamq
12-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Mashallah very friendly people and a fun forum.. Keep up the good work Inshallah.

*charisma*
12-10-2005, 06:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAkky
wAkky;126431
MODs can do tht for u.
p.s : think twice b4 posting :p
Ha..
Ha..
Ha.. :anger:
sometimes its by accident zAkky
besides the mods dont do it sometimes cuz their busy and stuff and i dont like to bother them with my issues...:-[ :-[

CAN ?
yes it can be done, but Green color was reserved for the trainee mods.
btw Limited members hv dull black colored IDs n Full members hv their separate BLUE colour.
ik now its like dark and boring, close to the black color u use for the limited members, how bout orange? or yellow? besides there arent any more training mods...

so i don't think this needs a change.isn't there this forums' jukebox to serve this purpose ? :?its already so,
well i have dial up so it buffers for like hours....:mad:
*yea thats probably my fault* OK FINE, NO NASHEEDS PLAYIN IN THE BACKGROUND hmph :mad: :coolsis:

MODs can edit anyone's post, just make a request to them when u need to do some editing
will do inshallah

barak Allah feek ekhi for ur replies

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
12-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

we MAY have some later,
btw i dont support the idea of colors like ORANGE YELLOW.....etc eeewwwww :eek:if tht's so, then it will be slow at ur side, anyway its embedded :-\

p.s : i like this smiley : :anger:

:p
well what other colors do you suggest o zAk the wise one :anger:
everyone else gets the cool colors, and were stuck with deep blue which looks like black dont u know sometimes my eyes get stressed out from reading u cud atleast help with some *more like alot* of color distinction between limited and full members..
how bout pink :D *the bros might not like it but who carez*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
12-10-2005, 07:21 AM
remember most of the deciding staff r BROS :shade:
only the current BLUE one :-[
yea and they get the colors that they want I DONT SEE ANY OF THEM WITH DARK BLUE :anger:

royal blue sounds cool..but the super mods already have blue :mad:
orange isnt all that bad now is it?? what about purple?? or erm..white!!
or the colour in my fav smiley : :-\
or how bout NOT :anger:

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

sapphire
12-11-2005, 06:30 PM
i like blue...its my favourite colour!!!!!!!i live around the colour blue and never get tired of it...so i dnt mind the blue colour.....

Halima
12-11-2005, 07:18 PM

I don't like this maroon color :sister: :-[ but alhamdulilah..it's ok.

*charisma*
12-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

i like blue...its my favourite colour!!!!!!!i live around the colour blue and never get tired of it...so i dnt mind the blue colour.....
shhhhhhhhhhh sis sapphire, work with me here... :p
ok but dark blue? i mean come on thats the closest their gonna get the the black "limited color"

what has gone with the world when sis sapphire doesnt agree with sis *charisma* :'(
nd sis Hally, go ahead girl speak ur mind
but if u get rejected im outtie LOL :p
nah im behind ya

fi aman Allah
w'salam

sapphire
12-11-2005, 09:37 PM
He he...but i think now im getting a bit tired of it...its quite a dark navy blue...now this blue i dnt like...because its my uniform colour...hehe...soo sis...im with you...we want the colour changed to be brighter....Inshallah....

*charisma*
12-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

well ofcoarse you do, who doesnt :p hehe

now its up to choosing a color...
what do u think sis :)??

if it has to be blue, sky blue maybe??
orange
or some pastel color :D
white wud be cool as ive mentioned b4..but whatever

and yea i think the maroon color for the mods is bleh *backing the mods up*
its too erm..too..now whats the word... BORING...
well we'll have to see inshallah *kinda nervous*
maybe we need more members to CONTRIBUTE to helping us make a CHANGE in the COLOR labeling inshallah :)

cuz if im going down, they are too
*looks behind her*
where did u all go?? :anger:

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

sapphire
12-11-2005, 09:49 PM
(im innocent really i am)(no offence intended)yeah the mods can have our dark navy blue and we can have the nice blue.......if we had white we would have to change the back ground as white upon white would not show up....i dont know...anyone else....????

*charisma*
12-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

yea, forget the white idea, i forgot the background of our side profile thingy is white..anyhoo

*agrees with sis sapphire*
and why dont the mods get that dark blue :anger:

lol...i think were gonna drive em crazy with all these requests :) sowwie

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

- Qatada -
12-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

i prefer that green we had for trainee mods, instead of this brownish-red.. it looks better and if i had to pick between this brownish-red and the blue for full members, i would rather pick the blue.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Halima
12-11-2005, 10:22 PM

Sister *Charisma* since you are such a girly wirly I think pink would definetly suit your nature. No offence or anything, but alot of blondes do like pink. On a serious note, I think you have went through all the colors of the rainbow but none has still not satified you. You brought this topic up b/c you say that you think the regular members like yourself need a brighter color, it's kind of ironic how you brought up this thread for that but you still don't know what color you want. Quite the irony I must say.:coolsis:

My suggestion to you: Pick out the color and then present the idea *wink*

sapphire
12-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Lol.....hehe....agreee......the green was better.........so...any change? Sister *Charisma* a girly girl?nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!really???ah ell the green was nice for mods......

*charisma*
12-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sister *Charisma* since you are such a girly wirly I think pink would definetly suit your nature. No offence or anything, but alot of blondes do like pink. On a serious note, I think you have went through all the colors of the rainbow but none has still not satified you. You brought this topic up b/c you say that you think the regular members like yourself need a brighter color, it's kind of ironic how you brought up this thread for that but you still don't know what color you want. Quite the irony I must say.

My suggestion to you: Pick out the color and then present the idea *wink*
OH NO U DID NOT!
im soooooooooooooooo not a girly girl! *sis sapphire dont believe her she spends a lil too much time with the elderly*

OK WELL U KNOW IM JUST GIVING OUT SUGGESTIONS CUZ SOMEONE MIGHT NOT LIKE THE COLOR I PICK OUT FOR THEM SO I THOUGHT U KNOW MAYBE MAJORITY WILL RULE! just as long as it isnt dark blue :)

and yea i thought the green was awesome, i wanted it to be the full members color but bro zAk was all like its reserved for "trainees"... *sigh*

ok i think mods shud get green *lucky mods*
and the full members to these following:
sky blue
orange
purple
pink *LOOOOOOL*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
12-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

ok i have a question *including the above so im not changing the subject or anything*

well erm.. this chatroom thingy :-[
some of us sisters well, we are too shy to be using it as we are wondering if the bros can see us and stuff...so i was just wondering how private is this???
and im speaking for all the sisters cuz well we are all a lil :-[ *more like a lot* to use it

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

- Qatada -
12-11-2005, 10:55 PM
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

the sisters room in the chat section is completely private to the sisters insha Allaah. no brother will be able to see what your typing, the same way you sisters cant see what is going on in the brothers room.

sometimes - you may see a brothers nick within the sisters room, but as long as the persons name is in silver/grey, then the person is not in the room. the only time the person is in the room is if their nick is in black insha Allaah.

wa Allaah u a'lam.

Imam786
12-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Im kinda getting use to ur site....its not that bad at all...

*charisma*
12-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

but what bout the main room??

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

- Qatada -
12-11-2005, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imam786
Im kinda getting use to ur site....its not that bad at all...

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

but what bout the main room??

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

that room cant be closed unfortunately, so no-one should chat there. the sisters should stick to the sisters room and the brothers to the brothers room.

if the admins find anyone talking to a member of the opposite gender on purpose (in the main lobby) they may get banned by the admins. the admins will find a solution to this soon insha Allaah.

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.)

*charisma*
12-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

ok Jazak Allah khair

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Halima
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
OH NO U DID NOT!
im soooooooooooooooo not a girly girl! *sis sapphire dont believe her she spends a lil too much time with the elderly*
I think you spend a little too much time with the blondes. where's barbie at?;)

OK WELL U KNOW IM JUST GIVING OUT SUGGESTIONS CUZ SOMEONE MIGHT NOT LIKE THE COLOR I PICK OUT FOR THEM SO I THOUGHT U KNOW MAYBE MAJORITY WILL RULE! just as long as it isnt dark blue :)

Caps indicate yelling. you are not supposed to yell at a mod. 5% warning goes directly to you sweetheart ;)

ok i think mods shud get green *lucky mods*
and the full members to these following:
sky blue
orange
purple
pink *LOOOOOOL*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

I think you should be differentiated from the rest just because of your personality. All of the options included are:

1) stupidty
2) dim-witted
3) conceited
4) Blonde headed
et; etc;etc

- Qatada -
12-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Please dont go off-topic.

jazak Allaah khayr

Khaldun
12-11-2005, 11:53 PM

the sisters room in the chat section is completely private to the sisters insha Allaah. no brother will be able to see what your typing, the same way you sisters cant see what is going on in the brothers room.

sometimes - you may see a brothers nick within the sisters room, but as long as the persons name is in silver/grey, then the person is not in the room. the only time the person is in the room is if their nick is in black insha Allaah.

wa Allaah u a'lam.

Having said that, I would like to remind members to be careful either way. Remember this is the internet after all (obvious i know).

sapphire
12-12-2005, 01:25 PM
nice avaters for the staff......hmmm...improvement in action......:thumbs_up

Bittersteel
12-14-2005, 02:40 PM
LI forums is my home in WWW.

Umm Yoosuf
12-14-2005, 03:51 PM

I was going to make a separate thread to congratulate LI but (I) knowing member’s will go off topic and use it for a chit chat place I thought here would be a much suitable place to make my comment.

May I be one of the first member (insha Allah) to congratulate LI for their anniversary and hard work Masha Allah!!! This is an excellent site. A fantastic place to gain knowledge and interact with brothers and sisters all over the world. Praise be to Allah.

I remember when I first registered it was a dead place like most newly started websites, but after few months it was astonishing to see how popular the forum has became.

Allahu Akbar

All good is from Allah Most High.

Umm Safiya
12-14-2005, 04:38 PM

This is the bestest (

) site I've EVER been on.. I love it sooo much!

Mashâ'Allâh, I have nothing bad to say about this forum and alhamdulillâh for finding it.. :) & mabrouk for your anniversary!

Keep up the good work peepz..

Tasneem
12-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Alhamdudilah,i like this forum
Mashallah,I have'nt seen one thing wrong with this forum
This is the 2nd forum i know that i actually like and hope to always stay inshallah

samina1
12-14-2005, 11:35 PM
wait iam lost. would some1 tell me wht is goin on here...
ok kudahafiz..

*charisma*
12-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

umm apparently this is the day the forum was created thus the anniversary..*congratz* and well otherwise we are just posting our suggestions to make this forum a better place for members...to make it more homely :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

moyin
12-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Iam using this only in office time. So, I do not get enough time to go through in detail thereby I can't make time to time reply or comments.

samina1
12-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Okyyyyyyyy.... Still Dont Get It...

*charisma*
12-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

LOL

lemme break it down for ya

1. post up something you think *a suggestion* that would be significant or would help this board become more unique or better..

2. post up a comment on something you think should be removed or changed.

3. if #1 or #2 dont help, plz go through this thread and read the posts or the first post usually helps

*takes a deep breath*

did that help???????? *inshallah it did :)*

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

samina1
12-15-2005, 11:52 PM
ok mashallah........................

karim
12-16-2005, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah

why you wont tell your opinion?

Umm Yoosuf
12-17-2005, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by karim
why you wont tell your opinion?
:sl: Brother

I don't understand why your quoting me there? :enough!:

This comment i made was back in the days when the site started up? (almost a year ago)....

You need for quoting is???

:eek:

mehnaz
12-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Salaam,

first of all congrats....i know im late...but that aint my fault..the server change...sheesh that was so irritating...:lol:....oh well...MashaAllah the forum has completed one year....i joined ruffly a month back but i'm sooo addicted to it.....!!..:giggling:...keep up the good posts bros and sistas....

FiAmanillah

s.k
12-20-2005, 07:51 PM
wicked site

sapphire
12-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Yup allhamdullilh...how can it not be for such a great forum...one more peson votes and it will be hundered votes inshallh.........

SunniMuslimah
12-25-2005, 12:58 PM

Yes, they became 100 votes, I'm number 100 :coolsis:

SunniMuslimah
12-25-2005, 01:04 PM
I like everything about this amazing site except 2 things, the 50 posts that we have to post to have full member status that i havent found in any other forum and that there is no section for non-Muslims!

I'm a da3iyah to Islam to non-Muslims and this section is important to Muslims who are like and to non-Muslims who are interested in Islam and dont know where to go!

Da3wah thru songs and fun to westerners is essential because they are so much involved in entertainment and fun life.

Anyway, i wish you all the faith and happiness :)

Basma

SunniMuslimah
12-25-2005, 01:06 PM

I suggest that there will be a smiley that say in Arabic وعليكم السلام because we need it in replying to our brothers and sisters who say :sl:

Jazakum Allahu Khyran

Basma

*~*~*~*~*~*~

http://itolerance.4t.com/
http://20questions.4t.com/

Muhammad
12-25-2005, 01:07 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by SunniMuslimah
and that there is no section for non-Muslims!
We do have a section for non-muslims: the Comparative religion forum where you will find discussions with atheists, christians and people from other faiths too.

I hope you will enjoy being a part of the forum,

SunniMuslimah
12-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Jazaka Allahu khyran brother, u really made my day :)

afriend
01-16-2006, 05:45 PM
This forum is great Mashallah....but it could do with a visual change.....As I have come to note.....It could do with some pictures

Ghazi
01-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Salaam

Excellent fourm, the mods are doing a great job by interacting with the users and is moderated well.

afriend
01-16-2006, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Excellent fourm, the mods are doing a great job by interacting with the users and is moderated well.
That's true, the mods are doing a good job....I want to apply to be a Mod soon because I have 3 other sites that I moderate and I can stay online for a very very long time....LOL.........

But whatever happens

samina1
01-16-2006, 08:59 PM
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed help, i wana post a new thread.. plz help me.. i duno hw to.. so help..

sapphire
01-16-2006, 09:01 PM
well go the section u want to post the thread and at the top there will be a rectangle box saying new thread u click n dat...n take it frm there....

samina1
01-16-2006, 09:03 PM
sorry but wht section r u talkin abt..

sapphire
01-16-2006, 09:10 PM
well wht do u want to open a thread regarding????

Takumi
01-24-2006, 01:15 PM
This is EXACTLY why I don't like Load Islam forum:

format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

I have deleted all off topic posts from this thread. If you disagree with an argument which a member has presented, you are not obliged to accept it, and you are more than welcome to offer a response. However personal attacks on fellow members in unacceptable,

barakallahu feekum.
I LOVE Load Islam forum. Gotcha! :)

cookie_doh
01-28-2006, 06:42 PM
i think this site is gr8, because it allows muslims from around the world to come and discuss their opinions

Salaam
01-30-2006, 11:49 AM
In the name of Allah, Merciful, Commpassionate

Assalamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi

May this message recieve you in good health and Iman.

Alhamdullilah! This is a great tool in the propergation of Din Al Islam. However, we must be aware that this forum can be a dangerous tool in the hands of igorance. This is because when issues concerning aqidah, fiqh and the fatawa of the ulama are raised. The foolish amongst us with the little knowledge they have will be affected by the whisper of the shaiyatin and exalt themselves to the status of shuyukh. And thus they will enforce teir own opinions based on weak Dalil (proof).

May Allah bless this forum and protect us from the devils.

Ameen.

Halima
01-30-2006, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
In the name of Allah, Merciful, Commpassionate

Assalamu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi

May this message recieve you in good health and Iman.

Alhamdullilah! This is a great tool in the propergation of Din Al Islam. However, we must be aware that this forum can be a dangerous tool in the hands of igorance. This is because when issues concerning aqidah, fiqh and the fatawa of the ulama are raised.

Yeah but dear brother ths is where Mod/Admin take action to help prevent occurances like these. This main scenario that you are concerned about refers to this rule #12 as stated below.

12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed.

Just to let you know......

Anyhow, Ameen to the dua'!. :)

princes_muslima
02-16-2006, 07:44 PM
this is a lurvely forum :)

may Allah give you all strength ameen!

kheir insha Allah

The Ruler
02-16-2006, 07:46 PM
dis is a wondaful forum masha allah

iv signed up for loads o others but i hardly visit dem...but i com ere almost everyday alhamdulillah.

dis forum has the best threads i must say :)

Laaibah
02-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I think it's simply great :)

Peace :rose:

Mohammed Bilal
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
ASalamualaikum. Brothers and sisters i have just joined this website and alhamdulillah i enjoyed myself in the first 5 minutes. May allah bless you all

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2006, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohammed Bilal
ASalamualaikum. Brothers and sisters i have just joined this website and alhamdulillah i enjoyed myself in the first 5 minutes. May allah bless you all

what about all the minutes after that lol?

Darkseid
05-12-2006, 05:27 PM
It's a pretty nice domain. It's a lot better than and will always be better than Pojo's forum. Cause atleast here you don't get banned for typing in nothing at all.

root
05-12-2006, 05:27 PM
It's a great place. I just wish they paid bills a little faster!

------
05-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Alhamdulilah nothing but good! May Allah increase them in Tawfiq :D

Plus I'm tooooooo addicted to it! In a good way! :)

A(SMILE ITS ME)
05-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Salaam.
Nice Of U Too Join Us, May Allah Guide U

------
05-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Jazakallah :) I've been here for tymmmmmmmmmm tho :p

Darkseid
05-12-2006, 08:23 PM
This forum is a lot better than that religion freedom forum that constantly attacks Islam.

I've been trying to debate that information used by members there to attack Muhammad is fabricated nonesense that was actually created by either those that fear Islam, those that wish to abolish Islam, or those that have corrupted Islam.

Because it makes no sense on how a religion that uses mercy as punishment could have been founded by a savage. And those people on that religion freedom (more like Conservative Christians attacking anything that isn't Christian) forum continue to argue base on irrelevant factors that don't actually present a valid standing on their own case.

That is why I like this forum a lot, we don't have individuals like those making a mockery and spreading highly assumed allegations purely bent on crippling a pacificist religion.

SirZubair
05-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Its ok, but really is lacking quite a lot...
Why did i pick that option?

In my opinion,the Mods on this awersome forum need to be abit strict on the pro-jihad/anti-israel Threads.

It really is getting out of control.

How many people want to see another bombing happen in London? Bali? America?

If your answer is "i dont..",then i suggest you pm a mod and request them to get abit strict regarding such posts.

Daffodil
05-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Asalamulaikum, dnt know if this has been brought up already as i havent read all the posts in this thread.

I think there is too much idle chit chat amongst the brothers and sisters on this forum. ppl need to just make their point n get out of there. it seems like theyre wanting to chit chat. I think the mods need to be more strict with this n not allow it as they shudnt help in facillitating their mixing as that is exactly what it is. they wudnt talk like that to a brother or sister on a bus stop or any where else but why do it here? we need to observe modesty and respect with the oposite gender.

theres too much hahaing n heeheeing n "giggle giggle" n loling n so forth with oposite genders, i think the best way to stop this is getting rid of the smilies as that facilitates them in their idle chit chat n can be taken as flirting when a brother n sister are chatting with one another. we need to observe more islamic ettiquette as this is an islamic forum after all. thats just my 2 pence worth. other then that i think the forum is great.

akulion
05-13-2006, 12:21 AM
salam alaikum

I believe LI is not right for its clothes....
meaning that its too big with too few forums :P

lol its just an expression I use!

I was reading an article regarding "ABC of building ur forum the right way" on a website ages ago which also happens to be an enormous forum!

It said "forums must grow as their member base grows" this allows more variety and easier indixing capabilities.

Indexing is basically lets say there are forums entitled:

basics of Islam and contain a huge amount of posts on all sorts of topics, it becomes difficult for people to shift through when the memberbase is too huge.

thus sub forums need to be included such as
Basics of Islam (main)
Prayer (sub)
Zakah (sub)
etc etc

that way the topic indexing becomes easier.

Apart from that I believe and think that LI is an excellent forum and may Allah swt grant it further success always ameen.

I would also like to breifly comment on sis dafodils comment on fre mixing: Sis unfortunately that is something which is extremely hard to control - the only possible solution is to completely restrict members of the opposite gender to gender based forums only. Though I agree with you that its not good but I think it would become a 24-7 job for the admin/mod teams to be monitoring all that.

Bro aku

Imam786
05-13-2006, 05:20 AM
okok i have to say whats up with sisters pm'ing brothers dumb and useless questions? and sisters out there no offense u know who u are...its as if they are in great need of starting a conversation or something...Allahu Alim

Mohsin
05-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah i agree there is too much convo going on between bro's and sisters. There shouldn't be any smileys involved, it gets too chitty chatty and unislamic

Ghazi
05-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Salaam

How many people want to see another bombing happen in London? Bali? America?
That comment was un-called for I havn't met one person on here who supports such views, I'm 100% against it., and why shouldn't we speak of jihad it's an aspect of our deen like it or not.

glo
05-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Some people are commenting that there is too much chit-chat going on here.
I guess it depends on what this forum indends to offer to it's members.

My comment is this:
I feel this forum strikes a good balance.
If I want to find out things about the teachings of Islam I can do that by either reading the informative sticky threads or by asking questions. There are always scholarly people to hand to answer questions in a knowledgeable way.

But I am also interested in the application of Islamic teachings, and I learn about that by communication with Muslim people. Therefore, it is the chit-chat that gives me in insight into how Muslims think and apply their faith.
Religion does not just consist of theological teachings ... it is the followers that make the religion.

In that context I would like to appeal to the moderators to not be too hard on the chit-chatters.

For me as a non-Muslims, it's in those informal discussions that I learn most about Islam!

Peace.

Daffodil
05-13-2006, 12:34 PM
it is the followers that make the religion.
if that was the case then islam wudnt exist. dont forget, islam is perfect, however the ppl arnt. ur theory doesnt hold water.

if u want to get chit chatty with the ppl u can do so in the specific gender forums no problem, however islamicaly it is not permissible for the oposite genders to "chit chat" when there is no real necessity.

Hijaabi22
05-13-2006, 12:36 PM
this forum is fab!!!! me l;uvin it!

Qurratul Ayn
05-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahamatullahi Wa Barakhathu

FANTASTIC FORUM MASHALLAH TA'ALA! This is exactly the sort of thread I needed to share my feelings about this Forum.

This Forum has made me much wiser and has learnt me lots of things about Islam, which Allah Ta'ala gave me the chance to learn from you Brothers and Sisters, whom Allah Ta'ala gave the knowledge.

All the Brothers and Sisters were and are and Inshallah Ta'ala will be very kind and nice. There were a few downs when I came on and at first I didn't like it at all but then all of you showed by just posting in, what a great Forum this is!

All the Moderators, Super Moderators, Administrators and the Head Administrator made it such a welcoming Forum and they keep in check of any unwanted posts and threads and they close down threads which go a bit out of hand and topic. So never fear, the people in chage are near! (Don't know why I wrote that but it seemed to fit in!).

Congratulations to all the new Trainee Moderators and Inshallah Ta'ala you'll succed in becoming very good and sort of srtict Moderators who are ready to give a thrashing for all those who dare not obey the Forum rules! (OK, a bit harsh and not really neceassary, forgive me).

All I wanted to say is that Jazkallah Khair to all My Brothers and Sisters and Thank You to all My Friends, who have made this Forum very likeble and very educational in Islam and the wider world society and topics.

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakhathu
Shakirah

glo
05-13-2006, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
if that was the case then islam wudnt exist. dont forget, islam is perfect, however the ppl arnt. ur theory doesnt hold water.
It's not my theory, it's my opinion, and it will remain to be so! :)
if u want to get chit chatty with the ppl u can do so in the specific gender forums no problem, however islamicaly it is not permissible for the oposite genders to "chit chat" when there is no real necessity.
My problem is, that as a non-Muslim I am not permitted access to the Sisters only forum ...:-\

Peace.

Daffodil
05-13-2006, 01:00 PM
My problem is, that as a non-Muslim I am not permitted access to the Sisters only forum ...
im sure i seen some non muslims in there before.

glo
05-13-2006, 01:03 PM
im sure i seen some non muslims in there before.
I have it on good authority that non-Muslims were denied access fairly recently, I think only a few weeks ago.
If this has changed I would dearly love the mods to let me know ... because I would really enjoy joining my Muslim sisters in the Sisters Only forum! :)

Perhaps i should get a petition going ... :rollseyes

Peace.

SirZubair
05-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Salaam

That comment was un-called for I havn't met one person on here who supports such views, I'm 100% against it., and why shouldn't we speak of jihad it's an aspect of our deen like it or not.
No,it is not uncalled for.

The Internet is as guilty As TV is as far as brainwashing goes.

Feed hate to a group of people long enough,they'll start believing you and will act on it.

And the way things are going on this forum,someday (allah forbid) something really bad could happen.

Why take the chances?

And i never said there is anything wrong with Jihad,..but if every 5th thread created is to do with Jihad,...its a reason to be concerned about the Muslim Youth in England and wherever the rest of the members are from.

Wa'salaam.

Daffodil
05-13-2006, 01:06 PM
i can understand why they may have decided to stop non muslims from coming in to the gender specific sections. as some ppls intentions arent sincere n may want to cause trouble.

Daffodil
05-13-2006, 01:08 PM
No,it is not uncalled for.

The Internet is as guilty As TV is as far as brainwashing goes.

Feed hate to a group of people long enough,they'll start believing you and will act on it.

And the way things are going on this forum,someday (allah forbid) something really bad could happen.

Why take the chances?

And i never said there is anything wrong with Jihad,..but if every 5th thread created is to do with Jihad,...its a reason to be concerned about the Muslim Youth in England and wherever the rest of the members are from.

Wa'salaam.
jihad should also be our concern, whether we're young old rich or poor.

- Qatada -
05-13-2006, 01:09 PM

This is one of the reasons for why non muslims aren't allowed in the gender rooms.

when we removed some of the non-muslim members I explained that the reason was because they didn't have the concept of gender segregation that we do in Islam.

glo
05-13-2006, 01:11 PM
i can understand why they may have decided to stop non muslims from coming in to the gender specific sections. as some ppls intentions arent sincere n may want to cause trouble.
Well, I do not intend to cause any trouble, can assure you. :)

But I have entrusted my fate into the hands of God and the moderators, and have applied for membership anyway. Perhaps somebody will put in a good word for me?! :rollseyes

Now I'll wait and see what will happen.

Blessings.

Daffodil
05-13-2006, 01:13 PM
also i think its a big issue keeping up with the modesty of our muslim sisters as we cant trust non muslims as we wud do muslims so cud be a danger of them discussing personal issues of our sisters to brothers.

SirZubair
05-13-2006, 01:13 PM
jihad should also be our concern, whether we're young old rich or poor.
If you had a 13 year old son,would you sit down with him Daily (2-3 times a day) and preach to him that he should grab a sword and enter a battlefield and slaughter any1 that is linked to israel?

Or would you rather that he leaves home,goes to live with a respectable shaykh/scholor and learns about Islam and spreads the word of Allah?

Dont respond to that question straightaway,take your time.

Wa'salaam

glo
05-13-2006, 01:19 PM
also i think its a big issue keeping up with the modesty of our muslim sisters as we cant trust non muslims as we wud do muslims so cud be a danger of them discussing personal issues of our sisters to brothers.
You know, when I read stuff like this I feel like leaving this forum for good!

You don't know me! What makes you think you can judge me, just because I don't share your faith?! :heated:
It is exactly that kind of attitude that creates rifts, divisions and misunderstandings all over the world. Get to know people first, then you might be justified to judge them!

Right, I'm taking time out ... :hmm:

Peace.

SirZubair
05-13-2006, 01:21 PM
That is Uncalled for.

F.Y.
05-13-2006, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

You don't know me! What makes you think you can judge me, just because I don't share your faith?! :heated:
It is exactly that kind of attitude that creates rifts, divisions and misunderstandings all over the world. Get to know people first, then you might be justified to judge them!

Right, I'm taking time out ... :hmm:

Peace.
Peace glo :)

I have read your posts and I see you as a kind and accepting person. I find you very tolerant and I believe you are a good thinker. I enjoy reading your posts too. If somebody says something - please don't take it to heart. We don't all think in the same way.

Peace to you

Tania
05-13-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I have it on good authority that non-Muslims were denied access fairly recently, I think only a few weeks ago.
If this has changed I would dearly love the mods to let me know ... because I would really enjoy joining my Muslim sisters in the Sisters Only forum! :)

Perhaps i should get a petition going ... :rollseyes

Peace.
I would like to join too:)

*charisma*
05-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Assalamu alaikum

-smileys should be REMOVED completely, or allowed in the gender specific forums inshallah (mostly these: :p, ;), :rant:, :mad:) as I'm pretty sure we can all get the feel of the post without them being there and they should possibly be changed to more islamic phrases. May Allah forgive us for any bad intentions ameen

-Jihad does not always have to do with killing, so stop preaching about killing people, maybe if we thought about uniting the ummah and guiding the misguided first, so many people wouldnt be dead right now!

-honestly, there are some NONmuslim sisters that i can trust a whole lot more than the ones that claim to be part of the ummah subhanallah. There are specific reasons the Admins chose to close the gender forums to the nonmuslims so if you don't know the exact reason, please don't state ridiculous reasons just to justify the whole point of it, Allah is the best of all judges Alhemdulilah, dont pass judgements upon those that you have never met before inshallah

-sisters and brothers should stop with the free posting! think before you post inshallah, too much flirting and "hehe huhu haha" going on, if you act modestly out in the real world, do it in the virtual world as well as these are REAL people we are talking to with FEELINGS. Mods and admins could only do so much, but its time for all of us to use our heads inshallah and help cut their work in half. Some of you all want to become mods, well you don't need a bold name and title to act like ones, leave the pride and maintain your wisdom inshallah.

-If there is a specific thread you see with inappropriate behavior, just because you aren't a mod doesn't mean you can't say anything inshallah, so do say "Stop freeposting" or "stop flirting" or pm the person thats driving you nuts inshallah or report the thread/post. Less fitnah, a happier forum.

Lastlyyyy, no one is against the nonmuslims on this forum inshallah, or rather no one should be. Through them we learn more about our deen and theirs and they learn more about ours.

THINK BEFORE YOU POST PPL!!

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

------
05-13-2006, 04:55 PM
A strong post sis lol Jazakallah

Ghazi
05-13-2006, 05:17 PM

so stop preaching about killing people
show me where anyone has preeched about killing people, I have said I'll participate to protect my brothers/sisters nothing more this is not preeching about killing others.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-13-2006, 05:19 PM

show me where anyone has preeched about killing people, I have said I'll participate to protect my brothers/sisters nothing more this is not preeching about killing others.
EDIT *sry was offtopic*

*charisma*
05-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

ekhi, in no way, no how, was I referring to you AT ALL!! I was speaking generally and besides I didn't see your post to comment upon it, sorry for the misunderstanding inshallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Ghazi
05-13-2006, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

ekhi, in no way, no how, was I referring to you AT ALL!! I was speaking generally and besides I didn't see your post to comment upon it, sorry for the misunderstanding inshallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Salaam

No prob sis I 2 apologies for the misunderstanding.

------
05-13-2006, 05:53 PM
THINK BEFORE YOU POST PPL!!
Reffering to me mostly ryt........:rollseyes....:?

x Maz x
05-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Wow strong post indeedo, well i aggree with the smilies, it may give the wrong message out especially when conversing with the oposite gender as being discussed on the Sisters forum Alhamdilullah its good that we have acknowledged this, my opnions of the forum are very positive somewhat, i do feel in threads some people get the oposite end of the stick, but nevertheless its not the forum in itself, jus users who get carried away at times in threads << Referrring to myself so put away the guns ...
and i do think it some threads especialy in 'General' and 'Halal fun' Unfortunetly there is alot of irrelevant idle chat >> again implying I myself amd guilty of it so put away the pen knives...i think some threads [will not 'name and shame'] are gettin out of hand and again i will put a emphasis on it >> I AM GUILTY OF IT...I think some users get abit carried away, including myself when posting and there is 'free posting' ...again i have established I AM A SINNER!...I think we do need to all take heed and refrain from posting so freely SubhanAllah our intentions may be as pure as water but where there is Shaytan there is a way unfortunetly,
Free mixing is a hot topic when giving out warnings, and Toba tobah i have fallen into the trap acording to some mods, Allah forgive me so please refrain from posting something that would appear attractive? or erm erm misleading to the oppostie gender InshAllah...
Apart from that erm the forums doin great! *thumbs up*...
InshAllah maintain mutual respect ad love for eachother, follow the Quran and Sunnah and have good conduct to fellow comrads and you will not be led astray Peace out Your sister in Islam Mariya x

*charisma*
05-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

hmmm, ok ya ukhati, i wasn't reffering to anyone specifically, if i was, then i would have stated names, but i have a mind enough not to humiliate anyone in public so if any of those points apply to you (even though i was speaking GENERALLY) please do not be offended as it was posted there for a reason to help guide those who are free posting, not thinking when they post, etc.

subhanallah, chill out lol
i guess it sounded mean or something cuz of the lack of smilies i put in there, but im trying to cut down on those inshallah, no need to sugar coat what isn't intended to be sweet, i wrote everything based on what is seen.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

*charisma*
05-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

mashallah great post sis maz, barak allahu feeki

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Daffodil
05-13-2006, 07:31 PM

You don't know me! What makes you think you can judge me, just because I don't share your faith?!

Right, I'm taking time out ...

Peace.
I apolgise that u took offence by my post, I never meant to offend u, The reason why i sed we can trust muslims and non muslims is because Allah swt warns us of this in the quran. I will find quotes for u regarding this. Yes I agree some times non muslims can be trusted more then muslims some of the times but when it comes to certain trials n tribulations which concerns our deen can we really trust them then?

Inshallah (god willing) i will find the quotes and put them up.

here it is.

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

Tania
05-13-2006, 07:47 PM

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.
Well in this case i don't want anymore to join the sister forum.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-13-2006, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mara
Well in this case i don't want anymore to join the sister forum.

:peace:
Wait lets explore the context of this ayaat!!
:peace:

- Qatada -
05-13-2006, 09:14 PM

O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.
(5:51)

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoola tattakhithoo alyahooda waalnnasaraawliyaa baAAduhum awliyao baAAdinwaman yatawallahum minkum fa-innahu minhum inna Allaha layahdee alqawma alththalimeena

Islam is a religion of peace and compassion, therefore it requires its adherents to act in the best possible manner to other human beings. Verse 5:51 does not refer to friends, but protectors, and the historical context reveals that this verse prohibits Muslims from seeking the protection and allegiance of those who are hostile to the Islamic faith. It is not a reference to all Non-Muslims, as the scholars of Islam have clarified.

More info.
http://www.load-islam.com/C/rebuttals/Misquoted/#19

IbnAbdulHakim
05-13-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Islam is a religion of peace and compassion, therefore it requires its adherents to act in the best possible manner to other human beings. Verse 5:51 does not refer to friends, but protectors, and the historical context reveals that this verse prohibits Muslims from seeking the protection and allegiance of those who are hostile to the Islamic faith. It is not a reference to all Non-Muslims, as the scholars of Islam have clarified.

More info.
http://www.load-islam.com/C/rebuttals/Misquoted/#19

SubhanAllah brilliant bro, this is why i said lets explore the ayaat inshaALlah :)

Mohsin
05-13-2006, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

SubhanAllah brilliant bro, this is why i said lets explore the ayaat inshaALlah :)

Yeah me too, i don't think it was appropriately added to the thread, probably gave off the wrong impressions

Daffodil
05-14-2006, 11:12 AM
the ayat is very clear in what it is saying. We cannot take them as our close friends. and that the jews and christians are friends of eachothers.

I personaly would feel uncomfortable having non muslims in the sisters section as Allah swt clearly warns us of them. The reason i say this is the sisters can be very open in the section and talk about all sorts, having non muslims there wud make me and other sisters weary of them and being open as non muslims dont understand the segregation issue and keeping the modesty of the sisters so cud easily pass on their information to other brothers or non muslim guys etc. My intention wasnt to cause offence, I was merely taking Allah swts warning seriously from the ayat i posted.

------
05-14-2006, 04:24 PM
This forum is superb! Subhanallah! Keep it this way plz Inshallah and never let it close down! Jazakallah!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-14-2006, 04:32 PM
the ayat is very clear in what it is saying. We cannot take them as our close friends. and that the jews and christians are friends of eachothers.

Can you bak that up wiv tafseer? jazakAllah khair

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Surah Al Maidah was revealed in madinah, so my personal opinion was dat it some of d verses r referrin 2 d situation in Madinah @ dat time, i.e d battle of d trench, wer d muslims had signed d treaty wit d jews but d jews betrayed dem, so it sed dnt take dem as ur friends! :)

Tania
05-14-2006, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
Can you bak that up wiv tafseer? jazakAllah khair
Like Aalimah said the forum is great and i enjoy his sections.:statisfie Right now the forum rules forbid the access of non muslim in the sister section and i think we should respect that. :embarrass I don't want to change the forum rules, they are good as they are:)

Daffodil
05-14-2006, 07:16 PM
one another thing and im really suprised that this is allowed in this forum, but brothers and sisters shud only be allowed to pm ppl of their own gender. can the mods or whoever runs this site change it so that brothers can pm sisters and vice versa.

NJUSA
05-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Then there would have to be a way to publicly discuss things that really don't pertain to anyone else, if you're going to do that, unless one provides IM information in profiles. Being able to PM freely means that, for instance, kudos can be given without cluttering threads, criticism can be made without embarassing someone, and additional information can be given without everyone having to read it, such as providing detailed info on a local event, etc.

Daffodil
05-14-2006, 07:43 PM
there is no necessity for brothers to pm sisters and vice versa, if its really that important they can get one of the mods to pass on the message.

NJUSA
05-14-2006, 08:14 PM
OK, I'm not sure how the mods would feel about loads of off topic posts, and threads bloated with information that only one person wants, so until they opt for it, how about those who aren't interested in receiving or sending pm's to the opposite gender to refrain from doing so, and the rest of us can partake? Also, Daffodil, what are those who may be intersexed to do? Not PM anyone? Or are they free to PM anyone they like?

- Qatada -
05-14-2006, 08:36 PM

I think everyone needs to cut down with the attitude plz. We're all brothers and sisters, and if someone has a suggestion - they have a right to their opinion, and at the same time, someone else has the right to voice their opinion too - but we should do it in a way which won't cause offence to others insha'Allaah.

I agree with sister Daffodil, but the problem is that we can't be certain whether anyone is either male or female - it could be anyone who was pretending to be male/female - and they could abuse the feature by sending private messages to a gender of their choice, and we wouldn't have any solid evidence to prove whether the person is truthful or not.

I also know that this is a serios issue, and i hope that Allaah Almighty will protect the brothers and sisters from any fitnah. ameen.

cleo
05-14-2006, 11:14 PM
I love visiting this site, sometimes I laugh, and feel concerned, and I learn. I felt bad when you were not here. You never miss anything, till it is gone...so they say...

firdaw
05-15-2006, 12:32 AM
this such a great website i love it although i still don't have full status

Khadeejah
05-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Ok I can not go through all of these messages and I am unsure if this has been posted already......but

When I first joined the post count needed to join the sisters section was 50.

Now it is 100....

I think if someone joins as a non muslim and has converted I think it should be bumped up to 150 or 200

And this may sound very unfair..... but I say this because a while back there was someone who played that game and I say if she had played it a litte longer she might have been granted access to the sisters forum...

and I dunno about the brothers but us sisters take our privacy on that part of the forum very SERIOUSLY and that can not be stressed enough.....We take it very and if any information was to leak out into the main stream where brothers and other non muslims could read our information theyre sisters who would be truly devastated and some of use choose to hide certain information about ourselves and so on....So I think that the post count should go up another 50 to hundred and inshaAllah the posts be monitered and looked through if at all possible because it is very easy to get 50 to 100 posts by giving one or two word answers in a post....

This has been talked about with many sisters....inshaAllah this is given thought

and no offense to the non muslims who are interested in Islam But this is for our safety and privacy as well as urs or any future......

Jazaak ALlahu Khair

Ohh yea 500 posts now I can apply to be a mod lol

*charisma*
05-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Khadeejah
I think if someone joins as a non muslim and has converted I think it should be bumped up to 150 or 200
I completely agree with this one, anyone cud be a nonmuslim for months, then suddenly "revert" and be able to come into the gender forums the next day. They should post another 50 or something just in case, inshallah.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

sapphire
05-15-2006, 02:46 AM
yea i thot tht also ^^ tht after they convert they should do 100 or so post after their conversion...........

Muhammad
05-15-2006, 10:22 AM

Jazakallahu Khayr for your comments and suggestions, as it is nice to get some feedback.

Regarding the private sections, we try to take every precaution to ensure that they are only accessed by the respective genders and people of integrity. Access to such rooms are not a right, but rather a privilege, meaning that the staff have the right to remove anyone whom they feel should not have access to the rooms.

As for non-Muslims, we welcome them to this forum and enjoy discussing matters with them, yet there is no need for them to have access to the private sections because the purpose of the private sections is based upon an Islamic principle whose concept they neither agree with nor share.

For the purposes of understanding, this concept is, in basic terms, to close all doors that lead to temptation and evil. You can read more about it in these threads:
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...uidelines.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/depth-is...ing-sexes.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...you-agree.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ee-mixing.html

Further to this, we do try and ensure that the pm system is not being misused. Continuous correspondence between members of the opposite gender is an immediate cause for concern.

May Allaah guide us to what is right, Ameen.

Qurratul Ayn
05-15-2006, 12:21 PM

In my opinion this Forum is really good, if any Brothers or Sisters or Friends had read my post they'd know what my feelings are for this Forum.

It depends on how you take the pictures and messges whether the wrong way or the suggestive and informative way.The Moderators and above are always there taking out the unnecessry posts and threads and I joined this Forum to learn more of Islam as my local library is not very good with Islamic books as they have very few. I think this Forum was set up for that reason and to show the world that not all Muslims should be judged by those actions of just one Muslim or a group as every single one of us Muslims and Non-Muslims will be judged on the Day of Judgement.

This Forum was also set up for those who wished to study Islam further and let those Non-Muslims know what a good and peaceful religion Islam is and not to think bad of it.

All the precautions and measures are taken in this Forum so no one is hurt or messing about e.g. free-mixing. As Brother Fi_Sabilillah had written that they don't know if we are really who we are. Inshallah Ta'ala everyone is as they are said in the profile where their user name stands.

Overall, this is a GREAT Forum and I think that strict rules and precautions should be taken and whatever the Moderators and above decide, I am totally fine as long as there are good threads where I can learn my religion Islam in more depth and know the wonderful religion bestowed upon me and hopefull I shall follow it truly and corrrectly and so as to the other Brothers and Sisters.

Qurratul Ayn

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-15-2006, 01:36 PM
This site is really good masha-Allah.

- Qatada -
05-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey ISDhillon.

I'm sure you can discuss this in another thread, lets not jam this one up insha'Allaah.

Peace.

Muhammad
05-15-2006, 06:07 PM
:sl: and Greetings,

The posts regarding the issue of segregation in Islam have been moved to the appropriate thread here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/depth-is...g-sexes-4.html

Arwa
05-21-2006, 10:50 PM

Masha'Allah, Li is a great forum.

May be a little improvements will enhance it further but then again, nothing is perfect! :)

May Allah reward the admins and the mods for all their efforts as well as the members who help maintain the forum's pleasant atmosphere and the great posts. :)

Woodrow
05-21-2006, 10:54 PM
I am finding the site to be very helpfull and knowledgable. Hopefully, people here will never consider it complete and constantly work to help it grow even more. Constant desire to reach perfection is a good thing and promotes stimulating discussion.

When a site reaches a point were it appears, it presents all that needs to be presented, it stagnats.

Daffodil
05-22-2006, 12:48 PM
well ppl wudnt use this site if they didnt like it at all, so its a bit daft i think to have that catagory on the poll.

Far7an
05-22-2006, 01:33 PM
well ppl wudnt use this site if they didnt like it at all, so its a bit daft i think to have that catagory on the poll.
If we left it out, people would accuse us of being over-confident, stubborn etc. :) And we have no problems with people selection that option, as long as they provide constructive criticism, so we can improve inshaa'allah.

IceQueen~
05-22-2006, 01:38 PM
It's the second islamic forum i've registered on. the other one...well let's say i left it when they sent me a ''happy birthday'' email. 'islamic' huh?
But alhamdu lillah this forum is really good masha allah-very informative.
just what all the muslims around the world need...subhanallah-may Allah keep it going and help all those involved..Ameen!

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Ameen sis.

Fishman
05-22-2006, 03:17 PM
This is the best Islamic forum I've ever seen. And Islamic forums (except for some) are the best of all forums, you don't get abuse, bad language or haraam behaviour, and everyone's nice! These places are islands in a sea of sin. Alhamduliliah!

Goku
05-22-2006, 04:18 PM
MashAllah this is a great forum.

x Maz x
05-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Fishman akhi glad you like it :)...Nice to see a sorta new not yet revert luvin' the forum after such a short stay Peace and stay blessed x

H4RUN
05-22-2006, 07:51 PM
now tht poll speaks it all.

150 votes in all
... n 100 for "Alhamdulilah nothing but good! May Allah increase them in Tawfiq"

n zero for : I dont like it at all
:sl: ZERO for i don't like?
i'll be the judge of that :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: only messing, alhumdulilah this forum seems to be pretty good
no so it shall stay 1 hopes..

SirZubair
05-23-2006, 08:08 AM
I like it alot,but i'll insha'allah be leaving it soon.

I intend on stopping foruming altogether.

F.Y.
05-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Salam
I told myself I'd stop too. I even wrote down a minimising contract for myself coz it was just getting too much (i told myself id only come on wednesdays and Sundays) - and look at me now.
No discipline, I tell ya.

Peace

SirZubair
05-23-2006, 08:22 AM
i sed the same^ quite some times...
but guess its not easy to act on it... [atleast for me]
n m still here...
lol,i've said that on MuslimVillage atleast 3 times in the past few months.

Insha'allah im trying to keep a low profile at this stage,and will insha'allah stop completly someday soon :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-23-2006, 10:13 AM
I said that about LI a while ago... but i think i'll stay for a while.

sonz
05-23-2006, 12:36 PM
salama

who voted "I dont like it at all" :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

its probbly some1 taking the mick

mashallah this forum is the best muslim forum in the world. its not liberal and its not extreme like some other muslims but moderate just like how islam should be practised

thank allah azwajjal for this forum

IceQueen~
05-23-2006, 12:37 PM
I'd love to stay on the forum as long as I can but..we might move abroad and then I wouldn't be able to...
right now I go on in my college whenever I can but when I leave, I won't be able to anymore..sob!

Ghazi
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
I'd love to stay on the forum as long as I can but..we might move abroad and then I wouldn't be able to...
right now I go on in my college whenever I can but when I leave, I won't be able to anymore..sob!

Can't you get Internet access where your going?

IceQueen~
05-23-2006, 12:50 PM
yes but my dad is not too keen on the internet-even here in the UK, i can only go on in college...

H4RUN
05-23-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
salama

who voted "I dont like it at all" :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

its probbly some1 taking the mick
lool erm is it possible 2 track down who voted 'no'?????
i mean who in their right mind would do such a thing...proposterous i tell u !...
lol

Kittygyal
05-23-2006, 07:40 PM
salam.
LOLz what about if i voted ''i don't like it at all'' am i taking the mic???eh?? you gonna track mi down :p (joke)
i lurve this forum you all me lurve this forum to the Max, come on bro Zak tell them all me lurve it Hahaha!
w.salam

snakelegs
07-01-2006, 12:57 AM
this forum is great BUT i do have a problem with a few of the rules. dunno if we're allowed to discuss that or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.