/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sisters section

glo
08-20-2006, 07:24 AM
To the Moderators

I have not given up on the hope that one day I (as a non-Muslim woman) may be granted access to the sisters section. :rollseyes

Again and again I come across topics I would like to discuss and questions would like to ask, which I know will be inappropriate for the general section, and possibly cause offence.
I don't wish to cause offence - I hope people know me well enough to realise that. But yet, if I want to learn stuff, I need to ask the questions!

I could look for other Muslim forums, but strangely I don't want to do that. I like it here!

Exchanges in another thread (Questions from a Christian woman) have highlighted that other non-Muslim women feel the same.

I would like to suggest that perhaps a part of the sister section could be made accessible to non-Muslim women? Like, a folder in a folder? Of course, I don't know if that is technically possible ...
Can I leave this to the moderators to consider?

I know you will! :)

Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
08-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Excellent suggestion!

searchingsoul
08-20-2006, 07:32 AM
What is the reason that non-muslims can't access the sisters section? hmmm....I don't believe I've ever thought about the sisters section....

glo
08-20-2006, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
What is the reason that non-muslims can't access the sisters section? hmmm....I don't believe I've ever thought about the sisters section....
As I understand it there were some problems with non-Muslim women sharing pictures, which the women had posted of each other (without hijab), with other people, which was inappropriate.

Perhaps there were other reasons, but that was the main one I was given ...

Of course, if non-Muslim women had access to the sisters section, they would have to obey to the rules and respect such privacy!

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mlsh27
08-20-2006, 08:19 AM
^ I think that could happen with both Muslims and non-Muslims though...

searchingsoul
08-20-2006, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
As I understand it there were some problems with non-Muslim women sharing pictures, which the women had posted of each other (without hijab), with other people, which was inappropriate.

Of course, if non-Muslim women had access to the sisters section, they would have to obey to the rules and respect such privacy!

Peace.
ohhhh you know how naughty non-muslims are....I don't think this would work:giggling:

Anonymous.92
08-20-2006, 08:27 AM
That is a great idea Glo!

glo
08-20-2006, 08:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
ohhhh you know how naughty non-muslims are....I don't think this would work:giggling:
LOL
Searchingsoul, that comment made me laugh! :giggling:
I haven't thought of myself as 'naughty' in a long while!

Peace, sister. Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour! :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Good suggestion...

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

Peace.
I believe that some of the scholars are also of the opinion that women should not reveal themselves without hijab to non-muslim women in the first place.

also, i believe the restriction might also be a comfort thing.

glo
08-20-2006, 09:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
I believe that some of the scholars are also of the opinion that women should not reveal themselves without hijab to non-muslim women in the first place.
I wasn't aware of that.
also, i believe the restriction might also be a comfort thing.
I can imagine it is. That's why I thought non-Muslims could have access to just parts of the sisters section.

I, for one, would love to discuss women's issues with my Muslim sisters, and get their Muslim perspective on things - without men being able to be read along or join in!

What do you think, cheese?

Peace.

Malaikah
08-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Glo, i agree 100% that we should have a section for all females, but with out getting rid of the muslim-only sisters section. :)

afriend2
08-20-2006, 01:54 PM
salaam,

Great suggestion Glo!....

Just wondering how the folder would be in the folder....:?

wassalam :peace:

Starseeker
08-20-2006, 02:50 PM
I think that its a good Idea as long as it doesnt interfere with the sisters section that we have now. Also I would be a great way for other non muslims to learn about other Issues that can't be discussed in the General Forums.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.