/* */

PDA

View Full Version : non-functioning functions ...

glo
08-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Hi mods

I don't seem to able to use the emoticons anymore, or use bold, italic or other functions ... other than typing in html.
Any reasons or suggestions?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
08-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Hmmm, now this is weird. Have you tried using a different browser? Mozila Firefox? Which editor are you using? WYSIWYG?

glo
08-27-2006, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Hmmm, now this is weird. Have you tried using a different browser? Mozila Firefox? Which editor are you using? WYSIWYG?
Have just switched from Mozilla to Internet Explorer, and it's working here!
I wonder why???? :? :? :?

glo
08-27-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm in Mozilla now ... and nothing! Huh?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
08-27-2006, 07:46 PM
I thought you were using IE which is why I recommended Firefox lol. I'm not sure why it's not working properly on Firefox for you, it's fine for me.

glo
08-27-2006, 07:49 PM
I thought you were using IE which is why I recommended Firefox lol. I'm not sure why it's not working properly on Firefox for you, it's fine for me.
Funnily my husband recommended Firefox a little while ago, because IE seemed a bit iffy. I've been using Firefox ever since without trouble ... until this afternoon, that is.
Never mind, it may be okay next time I restart.

- Qatada -
08-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Hi glo.

I've experienced the same thing, and i think you're right - just restart your computer insha'Allaah.

Trust me, don't use Internet Explorer if you got Windows XP [especially below Service Pack 2] because you're most likely to get malware in your computer (IE has alot of holes were malware can creep through) - and after that, i don't think there's nothing you can do to fix it. It creates lots of adverts within your computer, and your whole computer goes on overload, and the only best thing a person can do is to reinstall their operating system all over again.

Hence - even if you have trouble with Firefox, stick with it insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

Woodrow
08-27-2006, 10:50 PM
IE is my pet peeve. If you had just instlled Mozilla (firefox) you do have to reboot before it works. There are many excellent free browsers that don't have the problems of IE, try some and then uninstall the ones you don't like. I would not uninstll IE but I would not have it as the default.

glo
08-28-2006, 05:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
IE is my pet peeve. If you had just instlled Mozilla (firefox) you do have to reboot before it works. There are many excellent free browsers that don't have the problems of IE, try some and then uninstall the ones you don't like. I would not uninstll IE but I would not have it as the default.
Hi Woodrow

We've had Mozilla for quite some time. It's not like we have newly installed it.
Well, I've just switched the computer on, and I'm in Mozilla, and I'm afraid the functions are still no working. (I can't even make a little grumpy emoticon!)

Will try and restart the computer ...

glo
08-28-2006, 05:51 AM
... nope, still nothing. Hhmmm ...

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 06:17 AM
That is strange. I would still suspect a browser problem. Let me see if the emoticons work for me.

;D :( :? :uuh: :D [MOUSE]working[/MOUSE] [S]I hope[/S]

If they worked there should be 4 smiles and 2 wraps above.

If you don't see them we have another problem.

glo
08-28-2006, 06:18 AM
That is strange. I would still suspect a browser problem. Let me see if the emoticons work for me.

;D :( :? :uuh: :D [MOUSE]working[/MOUSE] [S]I hope[/S]

If they worked there should be 4 smiles and 2 wraps above.

If you don't see them we have another problem.
Yep, I can see them all!

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 06:18 AM
If you can see them and just can't get them to work, if you did not uninstall IE switch over to IE and see if they work there

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 06:19 AM
If you can use them on IE then we need to uninstall and reinstall Mozilla

glo
08-28-2006, 06:23 AM
If you can use them on IE then we need to uninstall and reinstall Mozilla
I'm in IE now ...
As you can see, it's working fine! :?

What do you mean by 'we need to uninstall and reinstall Mozilla'?
Do you mean me on my computer, or you at LI??

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 06:31 AM
On your pc. I am bad about using the word we for everything

glo
08-28-2006, 06:33 AM
On your pc. I am bad about using the word we for everything
That's a job which requires more technical expertise that I have myself. :uuh:
I will ask my husband.

I'm off on a run now, anyway.

Thanks for your help, Woodrow.

glo
08-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Just thought I'd let you know that the problem seems to have sorted itself out. No idea how! :?

Far7an
08-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Greetings

Maybe it's the pc's way of telling you, that it needs some rest?

glo
08-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Greetings

Maybe it's the pc's way of telling you, that it needs some rest?
LOL
Now, that's possible!

It's not time for another internet fast already??? :uuh:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.