/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mujaddids will revive the ummah every century?

- Qatada -
08-27-2006, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
See teh thing is, there's no longer a need for prophets, everything that needs to be said is already said. And especially this day and age, almost everybody has acces to these revelations.
Oh btw, there might no longer be prophets, but someone once told me that about every 100years or so there will besent someone who reminds us and refreshes Islam, but since he doesn't share anything new isn't consider a prophet. Can anyone confirm this?

Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh. :)

The Messenger of Allaah - Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

Surely God will raise for this community at the beginning of every century one who shall revive for it its faith. [Hadith Abu Dawud 36:1]

O you who believe ! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those of you who are in authority.[Qur'an 4:59]

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
i_m_tipu
08-28-2006, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
The Messenger of Allaah - Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

Surely God will raise for this community at the beginning of every century one who shall revive for it its faith. [Hadith Abu Dawud 36:1]
I knew this.
But it’s make me quite a bit confused. I don’t know how authentic this Hadis is (can u confirm pls bro)

Bcoz
I have a feeling that
This is not a simple thing or matter.
It should be described in other Hadis(Bukhari/Muslim/ / /……. Also in authentic way)

If u study this matter pls share.

I don’t have much knowledge about this except confusion.

- Qatada -
08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by i_m_tipu
I knew this.
But it’s make me quite a bit confused. I don’t know how authentic this Hadis is (can u confirm pls bro)

Bcoz
I have a feeling that
This is not a simple thing or matter.
It should be described in other Hadis(Bukhari/Muslim/ / /……. Also in authentic way)

If u study this matter pls share.

I don’t have much knowledge about this except confusion.

:salamext:

We do know that it is true brother, and a really good example of this is Umar bin Abdul Aziz, who revived islam within the first century after hijrah [when alot of corruption had already started.] I think the scholars agree that he was the one of the first century, and after that they have differences of opinions. But Allaah Almighty knows best.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said:

"Allah shall raise for this Umma (nation) at the head of every century a man who shall renew (or revive) for it its religion" (Sunan Abu Dawud, Kitab al-Malahim, ch. 1.)

“The Israelites used to be led by prophets; whenever a prophet died, another came after him. After me there is no prophet, but there will be khalifas and there will be many.”
(Bukhari, book 60, ch. 50)

“Allah has promised to those of you who believe, and do good, that He will surely make them khalifas in the earth as He made those before them to be khalifas” (Quran 24:55)

I think we should discuss this in another thread insha'Allaah. But right now - you can refer to this link insha'Allaah:

http://islamic-world.net/khalifah/muslim_reformers.htm

Allaah Almighty knows best.

chacha_jalebi
08-28-2006, 06:16 PM
mashallah brother Fi :D:D:D:D

also can i add, a mujaddid will be like propa propa on siratul mustaqeem, quite a lot of people make claims saying they are the mujaddid or some people say so & so is a mujaddid:p :D:D but im sure that its easy to tell whos a mujaddid n who isnt :D:D:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
08-28-2006, 06:19 PM
:sl:

im sure that its easy to tell whos a mujaddid n who isnt
Actually It'd be deficult, Some muslims have a tough time recognising Haq even if it's presented to them.

chacha_jalebi
08-28-2006, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Actually It'd be deficult, Some muslims have a tough time recognising Haq even if it's presented to them.
lol true :p

basically a true mujaddid will be on siratul mustaqeem :D:D:D and follow the sunnah & Quran 100%, and not choose what to follow :p like many so wannabe mujaddids do :D:D:D

Umm Yoosuf
08-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

I was listening to a lucture by Shaikh Saleem Al-Hilaalee

He said:

Allah will send at the beginning of every century one who shall revive for it its religion.

He (Shaikh Hilaalee) went on to say:

We are living at this time now.

Shaikh Al-Albani, Shaikh ibn Baz, Shaikh Uthaimen are the revives of Islam today.

Shaikh Halaalee: Shaikh Ibn Baz said he believes that Al-Albani is the reviver of the Deen (Islam).

These are signs of gald tidings.

Ghazi
08-28-2006, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

I was listening to a lucture by Shaikh Saleem Al-Hilaalee

He said:

Allah will send at the beginning of every century one who shall revive for it its religion.

He (Shaikh Hilaalee) went on to say:

We are living at this time now.

Shaikh Al-Albani, Shaikh ibn Baz, Shaikh Uthaimen are the revives of Islam today.

Shaikh Halaalee: Shaikh Ibn Baz said he believes that Al-Albani is the reviver of the Deen (Islam).

These are signs of gald tidings.

You their contact detail's I wanna have a long conversation with them.

Umm Yoosuf
08-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaai Wa Barakatuh

With whom? Shaikh Saleem Al-Hilaalee?

The other shaikhs are dead May Allah have Mercy on them and reward them.

Ghazi
08-28-2006, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaai Wa Barakatuh

With whom? Shaikh Saleem Al-Hilaalee?

The other shaikhs are dead May Allah have Mercy on them and reward them.

My Bad didn't know they were dead, I guess it'll have to be him then.

Umm Yoosuf
08-28-2006, 09:51 PM
These Shaikhs are excellent Masha Allah! They have produced great amount of work. Before I knew them I used to think Khalid Yassin and/or Abur-Rahim Green were excellent but compared to these shaikhs walaahi their knowledge is only small. Buy their books and study from it.

I don’t know how to get in contact with Shaikh Saleem Al-Hilaalee. They come down to Brixton Masjid (london) once in a while. Contact the Masjid.

Also another great Shaikh is Muhammad Al-Jibaly. He has written really benefical books.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2007, 02:34 PM

a bit of a silly question... i was just wondering if theres a list of mujaddids from before muhammad saws to before albanee rahimahullah ???

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 03:15 PM

1st century After Hijrah: I think there are. I think after Umar ibn Abdul Aziz was 1st century After Hijrah and then after that they have a difference of opinion. Some also say Ibn Sirene, Abu Hanifa, Muhammad Al Baqir.

2nd Century: Imaam Ash-Shafi'ie is also classed as one by some, while others say Hasan Al-Basri, Imaam Malik ibn Anas, Ahmad ibn Hanbal.

3rd Century: Al-Nasaa'i. [the famous hadith collector.]

4th: Imaam Al Bayhaqi [another hadith collector i think.]

5th: Abdul Qadir Jilani

6th:

7th: Ibn Taymiyya.

8th: Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalaani

9th: Jalaluddin As-Suyyuti

10th:

11th:

12th: Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhaab

13th:

14th: Sheikh Nasirrudeen Al-Albani, Ibn Baaz.
Obviously others from other sects might disagree and claim their own to be Mujaddids, but someone who is a Mujaddid has to truelly follow the way of the sahabah/companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him.) And them are just famous opinions. wa Allaahu a'lam.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2007, 04:26 PM
^ jazakAllah khair bro :), btw when ibn baaz was asked who the mujaddid is he stated "ALBANEE" without hesitation :p

- Qatada -
04-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Ahmad ibn Hanbal would probably say the same about Imaam Ash-Shafi'ie. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.