/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Daily Interpretation of Holy Quran

Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 06:59 AM
Dear brothers and sisters,

Assalam ALeikum Wa Rehmatullah e Wa Barakatuh,

I hope you all will be fine with grace of ALLAH SWT.

I wanted to know how the idea of posting DAILY interpretation of at least 2 to 3 verses from the Holy Quran would be?

I really wanted to know your opinion so we can start on that. That way brothers and sisters and people interested in our GREAT religion can know more about it

Please let me know your views on it.

Jazakallah...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
08-31-2006, 07:19 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
thats not such a bad idea.
we would have to first select the ayah's. should we start @ the beginning of the quran? or is it by request. i.e if someone asks the intererataion on certain ayahs? who would post them up? just anyone who has the interprataion?
what i mean is, is that we need some kind of plan, so that we can ensure, inshallah, that the interpatation is the genuine thing, eg ibn katheer.

inshllah i can post up some of ibn kathees intereratation.
we also would have to have some kinda 'timetable' just so that, inshallah, we can keep people interested. eg once a week a a number of ayahs are psted up. someone posts up ibn katheers interperataion, someone else posts ip ibn qurtubis (i think thats his name) interatation of the sme ayat.
get my drift??

:sl:

IB-Staff
08-31-2006, 11:23 AM

I think it would be an excellent idea, Masha'Allaah! We have already had a similar suggestion here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/comments...l-tafseer.html

But I don't think anything has started yet. We do have some threads about tafseer of certain soorahs, but not really a regular posting of ayahs.

So I think that all people who are able to should get together (we can make a new thread in Basics of Islam: Islamic Sources), and we will decide on where to start, then people can provide various tafseer on those ayahs from scholars of tafseer like Ibn Katheer and At-Tabari and also lectures, lessons and all kinds of study provided they are upon sound evidence, reference and proper methodology Insha'Allaah.

It would be better to use various tafseer books so that those who do not have access to all of them can benefit, and also we will receive more insight into the tafseer Insha'Allaah. The whole of Tafseer Ibn Katheer is already online, so perhaps by extending our tafseer to include that of others, we can make this more worthwhile and beneficial Insha'Allaah.

:w:

AhlaamBella
08-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Yes alhamdulilah! thats a great idea!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
08-31-2006, 11:32 AM
salam

dat wud b brill :thumbs_up :happy:

wassalam

Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 12:18 PM
[I think sister Maryam we should post a few ayats like a verse or two(according to my opinion) so that people keep following it on a regular basis. We should start from the very beginning and INshaALLAH, all of us try our best to do it on a daily basis.
Secondly, I agree with "Li-Staff" that we can use different interpretations(from different sources).
If we keep the verses interpretation to a minimum number, i believe InshaALLAH many brothers and sisters will be participating eventually. And say for example, if I post two verses from Sura Al Baqarah and then you post them and some other brother or sister posts it also(assuming these are the same ayat's interpretations from different interpretors) that will give the reader's plenty of material for the day rather than rushing through with many verses a day.
I also believe if we keep the interpretations to a page or shorter, that will keep the reader more interested(I think of it that way because mostly people who are not interested or have little interest may shy away from our posts from the length of the post. If we stay short and oriented, that will bring more viewers in and keep the momentum.
May ALLAH SWT give us the effort to do it on a daily basis and make us follow what we will be reading or typing.
The best amongst is you who learn and teach the Holy Quran.

We all should keep ourselves "open" to healthy criticism and help the others in giving better ideas to solutions.

amirah_87
08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

MashaAllah I think this is an Excellent Idea.. when does it start!??

QuranStudy
08-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Excellent idea, we can all learn from this.

Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 12:33 PM
Brothers and sisters,

According to Li-Staff's opinion, lets start it in Basics of Islam:Islamic Sources.
We can always then share ideas how to make it better then onwards.
So lets then take a start.

Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 01:15 PM

Jazakallah for liking the idea. I was wondering if we can have a separtate subforum and we can label it INTERPRETATIONS OF HOLY QURAN. The reason why I think that would be more helpful rather than posting threads in the section Islamic Sources is that all the verses will be collectively found in that forum. In Islamic Sources, we have also other threads that are not directly related to the interpretations.

If possible, please make one. Jazakallah

Muhammad
08-31-2006, 01:53 PM

It might be helpful to name the threads in the same way for the time being to show that they are part of the same series. So you could have, for example: Tafseer Surah Fatihah:1-3

Maybe you should put all the verses for that surah within that thread rather than creating separate threads for each one.

Lastly, the first post about Surah Fatihah does not appear to mention any source or reference for its content. Can we please ensure this is done Insha'Allaah?

Jazakallahu Khayr :)

Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 03:32 PM

Brother Muhammad, Jazakallah for reminding me about the sources where I have typed the text from. I have done that and it is also part of etiquettes and rules of the literature.

I still believe that there should be different threads everytime different verses are being interpreted so that people who haven't been following the interpretation can know that everytime there is a sequel coming up, there will be a new thread. Don't you think so? Anyhow, whichever way works let me know before I start with Surat Al-Baqara tomorrow InshaALLAH.

Muhammad
08-31-2006, 03:45 PM

I was thinking that if we have a separate thread for every few verses, there might be too many threads and if each surah had a particular thread, it may help the flow and organisation. But if we make it so that people are given the chance to post material up until a given time limit, allowing additions afterwards, then the threads can initially be for a group of verses and perhaps be compiled into one unit afterwards?

This leads me on to the second thing I wanted to say, which is that a daily basis might be too quick. But if we go with what I suggested above, then it allows people to add things in their own time Insha'Allaah.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-01-2006, 09:35 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

1. yes, i also agree that we use different interpretations.

2. about the number of ayat that we should post, im not sure about the interperatations of other interperatators, but in ibn katheers interpaeratation of the quran, it has it in sections. for eg, the interperatation may be 2 ayahs for one section, however, another section may have 5 ayahs. get it?? so i was thinking, that maybe we should foollow that pattern, instead of limiting the number of ayahs per 'intereratation' post. because ifwe did have a limirted number of ayahs that we post up, we will only get 1/2 way through the interperataion and it would make sense, as the we would be posting only half the section. get it??? (let me know if you dont). so basically, as you sugessted, it may not necessarily take up one page.

3. what do you mean by 'healthy criticism.' do you mean like if someone dson't undersatnd something, then we should help them.

4. i also think we should have a seperate subforum labeled as interperatations of the HOLY quran.

5. who are the other quran interperators?

6.QUOTE (Muhammad):It might be helpful to name the threads in the same way for the time being to show that they are part of the same series. So you could have, for example: Tafseer Surah Fatihah:1-3
Maybe you should put all the verses for that surah within that thread rather than creating separate threads for each one.

this is a very good idea. inshallah, it would reduce confusion.

7.QUOTE (Muhammad):Lastly, the first post about Surah Fatihah does not appear to mention any source or reference for its content. Can we please ensure this is done Insha'Allaah?
what exactly do you mean by not souced? are you refering to the one online?

okay, thats it for now, inshallah.
jazakallahu khair,

Muhammad
09-01-2006, 01:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
so i was thinking, that maybe we should foollow that pattern, instead of limiting the number of ayahs per 'intereratation' post.
I agree, if we can go by a group of verses all related to one subject, that would be better Insha'Allaah.

5. who are the other quran interperators?
There are quite a few, but we should select the well-known ones upon the correct methodology such as Ibn Katheer, At-Tabari, Al-Qurtubi, Ash-Shanqeetee, As-Sa'adee and Ash-Shawkaanee as well as many others.

7. what exactly do you mean by not souced? are you refering to the one online?
Whenever we post something, we must ensure that we say which tafseer book has been used for that particular information. If we simply copy what is in the books, then they will already reference the content to hadeeth and authentic teachings Insha'Allaah. If we do not copy word for word, we should still mention the reference quoted in the book or at least mention that this is what the book says.

If people use other sources like notes from private study circles they attend, they need to ensure that those notes contain references to back up their points, and it would be useful to mention the credentials of the teacher.

All of this will help us to verify anything that we learn is from the authentic Qur'aan and Sunnah Insha'Allaah.

Dr. Jawad
09-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Jazakallah brother Muhammad and sister for your opinions.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-03-2006, 02:27 AM
:sl: sounds okay to me. about hte referoing though, i dont know about you, but i dont think its my place to be abridging tafseers. what i mean is, if we have posted something, we cant only post up half of it, we should post p all of it. it may be that the bit we miss out, is complimentary to the bit we leave it, therefore it may not make sense. get it?? otherwise, yeha, lets start.
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

I agree, if we can go by a group of verses all related to one subject, that would be better Insha'Allaah.

There are quite a few, but we should select the well-known ones upon the correct methodology such as Ibn Katheer, At-Tabari, Al-Qurtubi, Ash-Shanqeetee, As-Sa'adee and Ash-Shawkaanee as well as many others.

Whenever we post something, we must ensure that we say which tafseer book has been used for that particular information. If we simply copy what is in the books, then they will already reference the content to hadeeth and authentic teachings Insha'Allaah. If we do not copy word for word, we should still mention the reference quoted in the book or at least mention that this is what the book says.

If people use other sources like notes from private study circles they attend, they need to ensure that those notes contain references to back up their points, and it would be useful to mention the credentials of the teacher.

All of this will help us to verify anything that we learn is from the authentic Qur'aan and Sunnah Insha'Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.