/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sura Al-Fatiha Verses 3-5

Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Sura Al-Fatiha

Verse 3: The Most Beneficient, The Most Merciful.

Verse 4: Master of the Day of Judgement.

Verse 5: You(Alone)we worship*, and You(Alone)we ask for help(for each and everything).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*On realizing in our souls God’s love and care, His grace and mercy, and His power and justice(as Ruler of the Day of Judgement), the immediate result is that we bend in the act of worship, and see both our shortcomings and His all-sufficient power. The emphatic form means that not only do we reach the position of worshipping God and asking for His help, but we worship Him alone and ask for His aid only. For there is none other than He worthy of our devotion and able to help us. The plural “we” indicates that we associate ourselves with all who seek God, thus strengthening them in a fellowship of faith.

Narrated Abu Said bin Al-Mualla: While I was praying in the mosque, Allah’s Messenger(Peace Be Upon Him(PBUH)) called me but I did not respond to him. Later I said, “O Allah’s Messenger, I was praying.” He said, “Didn’t Allah say---Answer Allah(by obeying Him)and His Messenger when PBUH calls you.”(V.8:24).

He then said to me, “I will teach you a Surah which is the greatest Surah in the Quran, before you leave the mosque.” Then he got hold of my hand, and when he intended to leave (the mosque), I said to him, “Didn’t you say to me, “I will teach you a Surah which is the greatest Surah in the Quran?” He said, “AL-Hamdu lillahi Rabbil-alamin[i.e. all the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the Alamin (mankind, jinns, and all that exists)], (Suraat Al-Fatiha) which is As-Saba Al-Mathani (i.e. the seven repeatedly recited Verses) and the Grand Quran which has been given to me.”
(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.6, Hadith No.1).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
verse 5 = "iyyaka na budu wa iyaka nas ta een"

people recite this verse everyday & still fail to see what it says

you alone we worship, you alone we ask for help!!!!!

good post dr jawad saab :p :D:D:D:D

Dr. Jawad
09-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Jazakallah brother(chacha Jalebi)...

syilla
09-01-2006, 02:05 AM
:sl:

i cannot give you any reps yet i have to spread around first...

anyway...good posts...

can you posts somemore please :)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.