/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doing Good Deeds

chacha_jalebi
09-01-2006, 05:11 PM
salaam

Bismillah Ir Rahman Nir Raheem

elo ello :D:D:D:D

we all try our best to do good, and when we do we get reward :D:D:D mashallah see islam is a butifull religion :D:D:D:D

check it out :p

in Surah Baqarah v 148 it says ....

"So hasten towards all that is good".

and surah Al Imran v 133

"And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Rubb, and for Jannah as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-Muttaqun (the pious)"

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said "Be prompt in doing good deeds (before you are overtaken) by turbulence which would be like a part of the dark night. A man would be a believer in the morning and turn to disbelief in the evening, or he would be a believer in the evening and turn disbeliever in the morning, and would sell his Faith for worldly goods.''
[Muslim]

Uqbah bin Al-Harith (May Allah be pleased with him) said: Once I performed the 'Asr prayer in Al-Madinah behind the Prophet (PBUH). He (PBUH) got up quickly after finishing the prayer with Taslim, and stepping over the people, went to one of the rooms of his wives. The people were startled at his haste, and when he came out and saw their astonishment at his urgency he said, "I recalled that there was left with me some gold which was meant for charity; I did not like to keep it any longer, so I gave orders that it should be distributed".
[Al-Bukhari]

dis hadiths shows that we shouldnt keep things that may take us away from Allah (swt) :D:D:D:D

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man, said to the Prophet (PBUH) during the battle of Uhud: "Tell me where I shall be if I am killed". When he (PBUH) replied that he would be in Jannah, the man threw away some dates which he had in his hand and fought until he was killed.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: There came a man to the Prophet (PBUH) and said, "O Messenger of Allah, which charity is the most rewardable?'' He (PBUH) said, "That you should give charity (in a state when you are) healthy and stingy and fear poverty, hoping to become rich (charity in such a state of health and mind is the best). And you must not defer (charity to such a length) that you are about to die and would be saying: 'This is for so-and-so, and this for so-and-so.' Lo! It has already come into (the possession of) so-and-so".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Hasten to do good deeds before you are overtaken by one of the seven afflictions.'' Then (giving a warning) he said, "Are you waiting for such poverty which will make you unmindful of devotion; or prosperity which will make you corrupt, or disease as will disable you, or such senility as will make you mentally unstable, or sudden death, or Ad-Dajjal who is the worst expected absent, or the Hour, and the Hour will be most grievous and most bitter".
[Tirmidhi]

so so so lets all go & do good deeds :p :D:D:D:D inshallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
09-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Jazakallahu Khayr for the reminder.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.