/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Little Problem

BeeBee
09-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Bismilah
Asalamalaikum

InshaAllah I am not troubling anyone. When I want to reply to any "Introduction thread" I get a msg saying " limited access, or something that says " you are not ....".:?

How come I can reply to other topics but not on the introduction forum?:?

InshaAllah kindly explain and I won't trouble again.:?

MaSalama

-BeeBee-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahidah4Allah
09-01-2006, 07:20 PM
:sl:

maybe you need to be a full member? i think...meaning you need atleast 50 posts but i'm not sure...

ma'salamah

Muhammad
09-01-2006, 08:40 PM
:sl:

Yes, that is correct. Our FAQ says:

Limited members are also restricted from replying in the Introduce yourself forum except in their own Introduction topic.
Please see this link for more information:

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq/limi...imited_mem_ber

BeeBee
09-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Bismilah
Asalamalaikum all

Limited members are also restricted from replying in the Introduce yourself forum except in their own Introduction topic.
Why though? What's the point?:rollseyes
Just curious:?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
09-02-2006, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
Bismilah
Why though? What's the point?:rollseyes
Just curious:?
One of the reasons is to prevent spamming. Limited Members must reach a certain amount of posts to gain access to the private gender forums, you see. It's better for new members to contribute to topics in the general forums rather than posting too much in the Introductory forums.

afriend
09-02-2006, 05:22 PM
;D lol...I was asking the same questions when I first joined...It's a ting about loyalty...To make sure that members stay here. As 50 posts isn't easy [for beginners..most of them :D] and after struggling to get them, it will kind of give the assurance that they will stay. :)

PS. I can handle your request now sister in the arabic pictures thread :)

BeeBee
09-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Bismilah
Asalamalaikum

Jezekelah khair to Muezzin for explanation and Iqram.

Iqram, I replied u on ur thread, I see ur posting again Masha'Allah:D:)

Btw Iqram, how do I colour my name BeeBee? I see your name is Green and Muezzin's is Brown?:?

Ayesha Rana
09-02-2006, 05:34 PM
The colour of your name reflects your position. As in Limited members are black
Full members are green
Mods are brown
Supermods are blue and
Admins are red. Get it?

Ayesha Rana
09-02-2006, 05:35 PM
You have over 50 posts now so yours will turn green after about half an hour or so insha'Allah

BeeBee
09-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Bismilah
Asalamalaikum Ayesha

Thanks for explaining that to me Sister, I wud never have guessed that in a million years. I thought I could colour my name to pink or somehting:giggling:

Sorry for the many questions:happy:

Ayesha Rana
09-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Oh sorry i made a mistake.:hiding: You don't have 50 posts yet. I saw your reputation. Forgive me sis but you have 25 more to go then you are a full member...like meeee! :D

BeeBee
09-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Bismilah
Asalamalaikum Ayesha

I think you were looking at my "reputation":58, but my posts are 25...well after this 26.

Btw, whats the "reputation":? :?

BeeBee
09-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Bismilah
Asalamalaikum Ayesha lol

Yes & we were writting the last msg at the same time.
Don't be sorry u were trying to help me:):D
May Allah bless u sister

Ayesha Rana
09-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Jazakallah. Your repution increases when people like a certain post of yours and comment on it by pressing the green square above your name. You will be able to see it and give rep points after you bacome a full member.
You can see who gave you your rep points by going on your User CP which is located at the top of the page.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.