/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Ameeratul Layl
09-05-2006, 09:19 AM
:sl:

I pray you are well.inshAllah.

Q1). Why is it that we say Muhammad rasoolAllah in the shahada, can't we just say that we believe in one God? Why does Allah choose to add Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h)?

Q2). Why has Allah chosen Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) as the chosen one and not any other prophet?

Q3). During hajj and umrah, why is it that one shoulder is covered and the other isn't (for the man's attire)?

Please provide a source and make the answers as concise as possible.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
09-05-2006, 09:50 AM
salam,

Anyone??

wasalam

chacha_jalebi
09-05-2006, 12:23 PM
salaam sista :D

me wil try to answer with moi limited knowlegde :D:D:D

1 - shahadah means like a confession or to testify, obviously La ilaha Il Allah, there is no god but Allah (swt), we testify there is no god but Allah (swt), then Muhammad ur RasoolAllah .. and Muhammad (sal Allah Hu Aleyhi wassalam) is his messenger, and now we are recognisin &testifyin that RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aley hi wassalam) is Allah (swt) messenger & our Prophet! like every Prophet had his own like kalima, like Prophet Ibrahim (alayhi salaam) had "la ilaha il Allah, Ibrahim khalil Allah" but that kalima was for Ibrahims Ummah, and la ilaha il Allah, Muhammad RasoolAllah, is for this ummah, and we have to testify that Allah (swt) is our god & RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalam) our messenger :D:D:D

2 - Allah (swt) chose RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wassalam) as a final messenger, because it was RasoolAllah (saw) mission to go to the whole of humanity, like Hadrat Yusuf (alayhi salam) was only sent to Egypt, and Isa (alayhi salam) to Israel, but RasoolAllah (saw) had to convey the message to the whole world i.e in the Quran in surah al Araf v158 Allah (swt) says to RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasallam)

Say: "O men! I am sent to you all, as the messenger of Allah, to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: there is no god but he: it is he that gives both life and death. So believe in Allah and his messenger, the illiterate prophet, who believes in Allah and his words: follow him that you may be guided."

it says im sent to you all, thats why he is known as Rehmatil Lil Aalimeen, a mercy to all mankind, so maybe thats why Allah (swt) made him the final messenger, and Allah (swt) knows best:D:D:D:D:D

3 - i think thats jus the sunnah sister, and i think its that called ithiba? theres a hadiths in abu Dawud,

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and his Companions performed umrah from al-Ji'ranah. They went quickly round the House (the Ka'bah) moving their shoulders) proudly. They put their upper garments under their armpits and threw the ends over their left shoulders.

so its probably the way RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalam) did his ihram, and its sunnah :D:D

hope that helped :D:D:D

Ameeratul Layl
09-05-2006, 12:40 PM
salam,

that is so well put brother. whoa!
JazakAllah so much.

wasalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.