/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eating with Silver and Gold Utensils

Isa Abdullah
09-07-2006, 12:23 AM
bismillah

assalaamu alaikum,

Is there a hadith that anyone can post that elaborates on if we can use these utensils?

I recall a hadith in which I thought it was forbidden, but I cannot locate it at the moment.

Wassalaam, Isa.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Arent Muslims encourages to eat with the hand?

Ghazi
09-07-2006, 03:10 AM
:sl:

Yes it's haraam, inshallah these utensils will be used by us if allah grants us his mercey and allows us to enter janna.

amirah_87
09-09-2006, 12:48 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

Using these Utensils are forbidden/Haraam,

3an Hudayfah ibnul Yamaan radiyallahuu 3anhu Qaala: qaala Rasuulullaahi sallaahu 3alayhi wasallam: Laa Tashrabuu fee Aaniyat Adh-dahab wal fiddat wa laa ta'kuluu fee sehaafihimaa fa'innahaa lahum fe-dunya wa lakum fil Aaakhirah..Mutafaqun 3alayhi.

Narrated Hudayfah Ibnu Yaamaan that the Prophet sallaahu 3alayhi wasallam said: Don't drink from the Vessels made from Gold or Silver and don't eat from its dish ..For Verily it is for them (Disbelievers) in this world, and for you (the believers) in the hereafter..this hadeeth is agreed upon

and in another narration by Umm salamah I think it was , she narrated that The pRophet sallaahu 3alahyi wasallam said: The one who drinks from the Vessel made from gold or silver he would be gargling this in the hellfire...this is also in the saheehayn!!

I hope that's what you were looking for InshaAllah.. these Ahaadeeth could be found in "Kitaab Buluugh Al-Maraam" By Ibn Hajr Rahimahullah
Or in Bukhari or muslim , check in Kitaab Al-libaas.. Allahu a3lam I'm not certain of their exact whereabouts..

Allah Ma3ak :peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
09-09-2006, 12:57 PM
:salamext:

As for the silver-plated vessels, it is not permissible to use them because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who drinks from a vessel of silver is gargling fire from Hell into his stomach.” (Reported by Muslim, 3846).

The ruling on items that are plated or coated with gold and silver is that same as the ruling on items that are made of gold and silver.

source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...n=eng&txt=gold

bluesky83
09-14-2006, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As salaamu alaykum,

Using these Utensils are forbidden/Haraam,

3an Hudayfah ibnul Yamaan radiyallahuu 3anhu Qaala: qaala Rasuulullaahi sallaahu 3alayhi wasallam: Laa Tashrabuu fee Aaniyat Adh-dahab wal fiddat wa laa ta'kuluu fee sehaafihimaa fa'innahaa lahum fe-dunya wa lakum fil Aaakhirah..Mutafaqun 3alayhi.

Narrated Hudayfah Ibnu Yaamaan that the Prophet sallaahu 3alayhi wasallam said: Don't drink from the Vessels made from Gold or Silver and don't eat from its dish ..For Verily it is for them (Disbelievers) in this world, and for you (the believers) in the hereafter..this hadeeth is agreed upon

and in another narration by Umm salamah I think it was , she narrated that The pRophet sallaahu 3alahyi wasallam said: The one who drinks from the Vessel made from gold or silver he would be gargling this in the hellfire...this is also in the saheehayn!!

I hope that's what you were looking for InshaAllah.. these Ahaadeeth could be found in "Kitaab Buluugh Al-Maraam" By Ibn Hajr Rahimahullah
Or in Bukhari or muslim , check in Kitaab Al-libaas.. Allahu a3lam I'm not certain of their exact whereabouts..

Allah Ma3ak :peace:

Are Muslims allowed to use utensils made of other metals?

amirah_87
09-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi Bluesky,

Are Muslims allowed to use utensils made of other metals?
Yeah, anything that's not silver or gold!! (correct me if i'm wrong ppl) :)

Peace :peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.