/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The best of the men are those who are best to their wives.

Mohammed H Kahn
09-09-2006, 07:11 AM
"The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in morals. And the best among them are those who are best to their wives." [Narrated in Mosnad Ahmad, #7354, and Al-Tirmizi, #1162]
How far is this a true Hadith, especially with regard to being the best to the wife? I think here only the righteous wives have been meant, as a pious man cannot be the best to an impious wife, whom he has to divorce.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
09-09-2006, 07:35 AM
lol bro the hadiths are authentic... also another one

The prophet said, "The best among you is the best to their family, and I am the best one to my family." [An authentic hadith reported by Imams At-Tirmithi, Ibn Hibban, and Ibn Majah]

The prophet (S.A.W.) also said, "The most complete believer in faith is the best in morals, and the best among you is the best to their women." [An authentic hadith, reported by Imam At-Tirmithi]
Actually if the Muslim choses his wife in the right way from the beginning he won't have to go throught hat case later on.

And even then, the hadith is equally applicable, because if the wife happens to be not a practising Muslimah, a good husband would advise her continuously and nicely, and even if she persists, he doesnt transgress the limits and abuse her when he wants to divorce her. The quran is very specific abotu treating women justly even if divorce is taking place (i think surat talaq as well as i THINK surat al-nisa and a few other verses detail this).

Divorce doesn't always equal 'bad husband' because there could be situations where it's in both their interest, otherwise Allah wouldn't have made it halal.

Non the less, in the case where the wife is practising, a husband's goodness will show up in his forbearance if she makes a mistake, and shows her appreciation of her good actions etc etc...... just like the prophet would be with his wives.

take care salamz

Mohammed H Kahn
09-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Ordinarily the social attitude towards divorce is negative. But sometimes there are genuine reasons for divorce.

lolwatever
09-10-2006, 12:34 AM
^ the problem is that we judge things by social outlook...

i think looking at sahabah's outlook on it is better than using culture as a standard.

refer to the comment under this post:
http://behold--thepowerofcheese.spac...3D7B!116.entry

im not saying divorce is a good thing! but i am saying that it shouldn't remain as a stigma on peple (either the man or woman) for the rest of their lives

salamz :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamicgirl
09-10-2006, 12:40 AM
assalamu alaikum,

masha'allah, masha'allah!
i really loved it,:!:
may allah bless you for every knowledge you have shared with us.

Jazakallah

lolwatever
09-10-2006, 12:43 AM
salamz sis
u mean the comment or the hadith or?
if ur referrin 2 the comment.. leave a coment there.. cheese luvs her comments :p

salamz

Mohammed H Kahn
09-10-2006, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
the problem is that we judge things by social outlook...i think looking at sahabah's outlook on it is better than using culture as a standard. salamz :D
A good point. Islam itself is a complete code of life, so a Muslim should not have any culture other than Islam.

:cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.