/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Islamic Flags allowed?

Ghazi
09-12-2006, 12:39 PM
:sl:

Hi there as you can probably notice my avatar and sig, are gone they wern't promoting nationalism or any fitnah, so why have they been disabled I like to challange the person responsable to give me daleel saying why I can't have it or is it just a random rule that was made up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
09-12-2006, 07:34 PM
I could be wrong. But I belive if you read the FAQ section you will find the answer.

Possibly your avatar was in violation of this rule:

22. Members cannot post images of flags, in your avatar settings, or signature or anywhere else in the forum. This is because we do not allow national patriotism of any country.

Keep in mind the forum is made up of members from many paths. We have Muslims, Non-Muslims, recent reverts, and many reasons why a person joins here. In fairness all rules have to apply to all equally.

Ghazi
09-12-2006, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I could be wrong. But I belive if you read the FAQ section you will find the answer.

Possibly your avatar was in violation of this rule:

22. Members cannot post images of flags, in your avatar settings, or signature or anywhere else in the forum. This is because we do not allow national patriotism of any country.

Keep in mind the forum is made up of members from many paths. We have Muslims, Non-Muslims, recent reverts, and many reasons why a person joins here. In fairness all rules have to apply to all equally.

But hows that being fair, the mod who took my avatar probably knew it wasn't promoting nationalism, so I ask if the whole reason behind flags being banned is nationalism then why were mine taken down, seriously the mods need to lighten up if anything I was promoting unity.

Fishman
09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
if anything I was promoting unity.
I agree with you here, putting up an Islamic flag is the opposite of promoting division and nationalism.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
09-12-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

But hows that being fair, the mod who took my avatar probably knew it wasn't promoting nationalism, so I ask if the whole reason behind flags being banned is nationalism then why were mine taken down, seriously the mods need to lighten up if anything I was promoting unity.
Yet the problem would be, that if one person were permited to have an Anti-Islamic flag we would be pushed into the posistion of needing to allow Anti-Islamic flags. Remember, this forum is composed of many groups and in order for it to remain a diverse group the same rules have to apply equally to all.

i_m_tipu
09-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Yet the problem would be, that if one person were permited to have an Anti-Islamic flag we would be pushed into the posistion of needing to allow Anti-Islamic flags. Remember, this forum is composed of many groups and in order for it to remain a diverse group the same rules have to apply equally to all.
:?

no anti islamic link is allowed

evey islamic link and other links are allowed

people join here knowing the fact this is a islamic forum and a lot of islamic thing practise here.

i guess the moral of this forum is to practise islamic thing...pls make me correct.

snakelegs
09-12-2006, 10:00 PM
what would an anti-islamic flag look like?
i think if i non-muslim invented such a thing and put it up, it would be understood by all that it was taken away because after all, this is an islamic forum.
anyway, i certainly had no problem with islam-truth's flag.
i'm still sulking about the way They snatched by lovely avatar, poof!

Woodrow
09-12-2006, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by i_m_tipu
:?

no anti islamic link is allowed

evey islamic link and other links are allowed

people join here knowing the fact this is a islamic forum and a lot of islamic thing practise here.

i guess the moral of this forum is to practise islamic thing...pls make me correct.
That is correct.

However, the rules were made in the interest of fairness, yet not discouarge seekers or New Reverts. If the forum was not interested in Da'wah, there would be no need in some of the rules as all members would be Muslim. However, since there is a desire to teach about Islam to non-Muslims, there has to be rules that will be fair to all people.

I believe the administrators put much thought into the rules and in my opinion they have shown themselves to be very efficient at facilitating dialogue between Muslims and Non-Muslims.

i_m_tipu
09-12-2006, 10:06 PM
That is correct.

However, the rules were made in the interest of fairness, yet not discouarge seekers or New Reverts. If the forum was not interested in Da'wah, there would be no need in some of the rules as all members would be Muslim. However, since there is a desire to teach about Islam to non-Muslims, there has to be rules that will be fair to all people.

I believe the administrators put much thought into the rules and in my opinion they have shown themselves to be very efficient at facilitating dialogue between Muslims and Non-Muslims.
i want to beleive that too

Woodrow
09-12-2006, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what would an anti-islamic flag look like?
i think if i non-muslim invented such a thing and put it up, it would be understood by all that it was taken away because after all, this is an islamic forum.
anyway, i certainly had no problem with islam-truth's flag.
i'm still sulking about the way They snatched by lovely avatar, poof!
My comment ant-Islamic is not totaly correct. Non Islamic would be more exact. Although in context Non-Islamic could be seen as ant-Islamic. i.e. The country flag of a country that is generally believed to be anti-Islamic.

I can see this is a difficult issue for some members. Suggestion, instead of a flag, some nice Qur'anic calligraphy would be appropriate and convey the same idea of Unity some examples.:

In addition to promoting Unity, they also Praise Allah(swt) and can not be mistaken as Nationalism by anybody.

Daffodil
09-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Asalamulaikum

Islam truths flag was the shahadda flag if i remember correctly. That flag was used by the prophet saw and sahaba etc at times of war and the prophet saw (again if i remember correctly) had it on his wall, he was the best at giving dawah and our role model, he was closest to perfection, so are u saying he was wrong because the flag promoted disunity?

I fully agree with removing avatars which contain flags of different countries but this is the flag of islam, n the fact that its been removed is plain daft.

Far7an
09-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

In future I request members to PM the mod concerned regarding such issues, or if you don't know who removed it, simply PM an admin or supermod. If you're still unsure about some of our rules etc. Feel free to PM me.

Jazaakallahu khayran.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.