/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blood Donor, Is There A Doc In The House??

ZOREENA
09-12-2006, 02:12 PM
SALAM TO ALL,

I have a vitamin b12 deficiency and take iron tabletz, and I'm just wondering....I went to donate blood, and I am very stong about ppl doin this, and they tested my blood and the iron level was at 10, up because I recently began to take my iron, the doc said that was gr8 provided I hadnt taken an iron tablet within the last week, I had, and I said i coodnt remember, he knew I had too, and i persuaded him to let me donate, coz I'd rather help other people, and didnt reali give a hoot about my blood!

Anyway, Im just wondering, wont my blood replenish, and it be ok, because my mother haznt shut up about how much I shouldnt give blood an all, what yall reckon??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
09-15-2006, 09:19 AM
If the doctor let u do it then it must be ok.. and it's completely halal to donate blood as it neither harms the donor or the recipient.

lolwatever
09-15-2006, 09:21 AM

...because my mother haznt shut up about how much I shouldnt give blood an all, what yall reckon??
perhaps diff words :X

syilla
09-15-2006, 09:25 AM
your blood wont replenish....don't worry...

keep up with the good intention :thankyou:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdulwaheed
09-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Dont you mean that her blood will replenish? meaning she will get back the blood she donated?
I give blood too :) its good to be able to help people in need

syilla
09-15-2006, 09:30 AM
oops sorry...

okay it will replenish :shy:

Snowflake
09-15-2006, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
perhaps diff words :X
oh I didnt notice that.. right where's my size 5 chappal!? :mad:

n syillia sis u crack me up :giggling:

ZOREENA
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdulwaheed
Dont you mean that her blood will replenish? meaning she will get back the blood she donated?
I give blood too :) its good to be able to help people in need
HHEHHEEEH! Anyway, I kinda lied to the doctor, he knew tho!! I told him I didnt care about me, I wanted to help otherz, but itz a lotta weekz on so far, and I havent collapsed and no word from the blood place to say me blood wernt used!! allhamdullah!!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-18-2006, 07:32 PM
i thought donatin blood woz haram or woz dat donatin organz ^o)

جوري
09-18-2006, 10:10 PM
zor... take an electrolyte solution and you'll be as good as new in 24hours with or without it by the way.... you can get it from your pharmacy and mix it with water or just buy a gatorade....
Now my second q is why would donating blood be 7aram?

btw ... it isn't good to donate when you have just taken an iron pill you may overload the system of someone let's say young and has a thalassemia major.... they would need to take a chelating agent anyway but with more iron than necessary can cause what is known as secondary hemochromatosis... and that can really be the demise of someone... follow the advise of the doctor and ask questions if you must pls...
waslaam

Abdulwaheed
09-19-2006, 03:22 AM
There is a lot of dispute as to whether organ donation is haraam. Some people say its haraam because your body belongs to Allah SWT and not to you.
Others say that donating your organs when you are dead can help other people and give them a new chance in life.
Its like saving someone's life and If they live and do good, it will be like giving continuous charity.

The Sheikh at my mosque said that its our choice to make. if we want to donate our organs or not. Personally, im an organ donor. so i can by the mercy of Allah give someone another chance in life.

جوري
09-19-2006, 03:27 AM
organ donation is different from blood donation though... my views on the matter are subjective... you can makeup your blood loss in a day... however an organ is a permenant loss short of the liver which is able to regenerate itself or those that you have two of and able to live using one... so I wondering why the thread that stated donating blood is haram thinks that it is?

Abdulwaheed
09-19-2006, 03:36 AM
What about donating your organs after you die? thats wat i was referring to in my post.

We have a muslim blood drive here in wollongong, where us muslims gather to give blood as there is always a blood shortage.

S_87
09-19-2006, 11:12 AM
:sl:

i understand you wanted to help other people but that is the reason why he asked you if you took any tablets. it makes a difference with the blood. you could have given the blood another time. anyhow, no need to worry inshaAllah as the bloodll go to a blood bank where its properly checked for all sorts and then if ok will be added with other blood that matches and mixed and used.

i think :lol:

- Qatada -
09-19-2006, 11:28 AM
:salamext:

Can a muslim donate blood?

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...nating%20blood

Rewards? for donating blood
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...nating%20blood

What is the ruling on donating organs?
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...eng&txt=organs

ZOREENA
09-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Salam, My thread started with blood, but I am sure that the organ part is something some people dont know about! I told him i took iron, he said that it wood take my iron away from me, but it was at 10, so if it was too high or anything then he woodnt have taken it in the first place, when they do the prick test!

جوري
09-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Zor... pls don't be upset by what I had written..... it isn't my intention... sometimes when I take my mom to see her cardiologist she isn't so forth coming which angers me.... Medicine is based so much on patient history.... and everything hence forth is based on that... for a patient who gets a transfusion once or twice in case of an emergency it wouldn't matter much how much iron you have really.... but sometimes blood goes to sickle cell or thalassemia major patient... who usually are little children going into crisis and end up with (Hemochromatosis) from repeated transfusions...what is known as iron overload which starts to deposit in various tissues.... these children don't last very long but al7mdlilah with newer technology they sometims reach their 30's-40's... still with every transusion there is such high risk not just of iron overload but devlopment of antibodies... so they try to transfuse these children from the same donor always as to not risk various problems.... since you are a regular at donating I assume they would use your blood for these cases hence I advised to just be forthcoming with everything.... but you are right they check anyhow so don't worry about it
jazaki allah khyran for your good deeds... and maybe you can tell people about your experience so more would follow in your example....
fi aman illah

ZOREENA
09-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Wow sis, I didnt meant that sound as tho it was aimed at you, im sorry, it really wasnt, I just try and remember key points when I read throught the posts especially a couplea dayz of postz, and I just state what I remember I need to state lol!! So no offence either way inshallah!! U have such knowledge sister, I think you would have more to teach people than me!!

Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.