/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Tribe of Bani Kalb

Hijrah
09-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I've been reading The Sealed Nectar by Safi Ur Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri and usually military expeditions would be dispatched for some treachery committed by a tribe or some other atrocities committed by them, but for this one the tribe of Bani Kalb, Abdur Rahman Bin Awf was sent on a military expedition towards them and my question is for what reason? It says that they were enemies of the Muslims but I couldn't recall reading about them so for what reason was the expedition called for?

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijrah
09-12-2006, 10:09 PM
anyone?!

kadafi
09-14-2006, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
I've been reading The Sealed Nectar by Safi Ur Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri and usually military expeditions would be dispatched for some treachery committed by a tribe or some other atrocities committed by them, but for this one the tribe of Bani Kalb, Abdur Rahman Bin Awf was sent on a military expedition towards them and my question is for what reason? It says that they were enemies of the Muslims but I couldn't recall reading about them so for what reason was the expedition called for?

Not exactly. The military expeditions were mostly based on security. The Quraish led a propaganda campaign against the Prophet in order to gain allies and incite hatred towards. By sending out expeditions, it would weaken the enemy and refute the propaganda.

'Abdur-Rahmaan bin 'Awf was sent to Dumatul-Jandal to invite them to Islaam. He stayed there for three days performing dawah work which resulted their chief, Asbagh bin 'Amr Kalbi, who was a Christian at that time, to embrace Islaam. Soon after that, the majority followed him by embracing Islaam.

:w:

Hijrah
09-15-2006, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

Not exactly. The military expeditions were mostly based on security. The Quraish led a propaganda campaign against the Prophet in order to gain allies and incite hatred towards. By sending out expeditions, it would weaken the enemy and refute the propaganda.

'Abdur-Rahmaan bin 'Awf was sent to Dumatul-Jandal to invite them to Islaam. He stayed there for three days performing dawah work which resulted their chief, Asbagh bin 'Amr Kalbi, who was a Christian at that time, to embrace Islaam. Soon after that, the majority followed him by embracing Islaam.

:w:
Kind of the same thing, at least to me, they wanted to end Islam, if they gain allies it's obviously for a reason, gathering of troops was involved and everything and atrocities were committed by the pagans...

but thanks brother

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.