/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About these 50 posts for newbies

Littleozzybloke
09-14-2006, 04:27 AM
50 posts????
Thats just too many to be able to have furtherl access to this forum...

there are a lot of people that just like to read and reply, and say hullo to other new members but this is not allowed..ugh...so i get a pm asking why am i being rude or ignoring someone that i may bring here to join..

i know there a lot of lurkers and making this rule might help stop that...but...

i think lot of members come and join...have a read and realise their limited access and leave...

I would make it 5 or the most 10 post's...if they don't post at all after a certain time...delete them...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MGA
09-14-2006, 04:28 AM
Yeah, it's annoying. I can't edit my posts or send PMs.

Littleozzybloke
09-14-2006, 05:01 AM
ahh got to reply here......yes its a pain....i tried the idea on my own forum and it was just too involved with many complaints and members leaving...

it's easier to go to admin panel and sort out who has posted in the past and who hasn't...then hit the delete key...simple as...:)

Littleozzybloke
09-14-2006, 05:05 AM
ugh...can't edit above...
cont:
the admin panel can clean out dead members....morons and other cockroaches..block IP's and email addy's.

still...my original idea was 5 posts...wouldn't that work the same as 50?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MGA
09-14-2006, 05:11 AM
the admin panel can clean out dead members....morons and other cockroaches..block IP's and email addy's.
HAHA

Muslimgirl01
09-16-2006, 02:55 PM
The reason they want us to get to 50 is because then we can post useful topics on the foums!

Ubaidah
09-16-2006, 05:39 PM
I agree it's frustrating, but it helps stop the people who'll register just to make ignorant threads right from the gate.

glo
09-16-2006, 05:42 PM
I agree. I think it's a way of getting an idea what a new member is like ... before they are granted full membership.
It also puts off those who aren't really interested enough in this forum to make an effort! ;D

Peace.

The Ruler
09-17-2006, 12:46 PM
:sl:

:lol:...hey if u post enuf u can do dat in a day...in 1 o ma guddays i can do round abt 60 :happy:

u got 39 mor posts ta go...only ;)

:w:

razif
09-23-2006, 07:44 AM
its too many for me:offended:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.