/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Open Day For Non Muslims Or Of No Religous Faith

sshuraimno1fan
09-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Inviting all people of other or no religous faith to an evening of exploring the Muslim Faith.

Sunday 17th and Monday 18th

Observation of prayers: 6:10/7:20
Hourly Adress by Imam(5:00,6:00,7:00)
Questions answered by islamic scholars
Calligraphy and Art
Date: Saturday the 25th of December

Venue: Zakariya Jame Masjid

Address: Peace Street, off Derby Street, Bolton, BL3 5LJ, UK.

Please pass on to your non muslim colleagues or those who may be interested.
I will try putting the poster up but i dont know how to do so.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sshuraimno1fan
09-16-2006, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~afsana~
Inviting all people of other or no religous faith to an evening of exploring the Muslim Faith.

Sunday 17th and Monday 18th

Observation of prayers: 6:10/7:20
Hourly Adress by Imam(5:00,6:00,7:00)
Questions answered by islamic scholars
Calligraphy and Art

A real Eye Opener for non muslims a chance for the non muslims to see the exhitbitions.

Venue: Zakariya Jame Masjid

Address: Peace Street, off Derby Street, Bolton, BL3 5LJ, UK.

Please pass on to your non muslim colleagues or those who may be interested.
I will try putting the poster up but i dont know how to do so(plz help).
Jazzakallah Khayr

glo
09-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Jazzakallah Khayr
Thanks, afsana

Do you live in Bolton?
Let us know how the event goes ...

I wonder though why the event on Muslims calligraphy and art was set on Christmas day?? :?
Doesn't seem the best of times to choose ... :rollseyes

Peace.

sshuraimno1fan
09-16-2006, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thanks, afsana

Do you live in Bolton?
Let us know how the event goes ...

I wonder though why the event on Muslims calligraphy and art was set on Christmas day?? :?
Doesn't seem the best of times to choose ... :rollseyes

Peace.
sorry i didnt understand what you meant by saying Muslims calligraphy and art was set on Christmas day?? :?oh sorry i see i put the wrong date the actual dates are Sunday 18th September and Monday 18th(tomorrow and monday)

The Mosque website is www.zakariyyamasjid.org

Will you be attending? Inshallah it willl be the second open day for non muslims, as there was one last year and Alhamdulillah i think one person became a muslim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
09-16-2006, 06:27 PM
sorry i didnt understand what you meant by saying Muslims calligraphy and art was set on Christmas day?? :?
Hi again :)
I was referring to this part of your first post:
Calligraphy and Art
A real Eye Opener for non muslims a chance for the non muslims to see the exhitbitions.
Will you be attending? Inshallah it willl be the second open day for non muslims, as there was one last year and Alhamdulillah i think one person became a muslim.
No, I don't live anywhere near Bolton.
I think it's good idea though. I imagine just walking into a mosque can be quite intimidating (I know some people feel like that about churches) - so having a friendly open day sounds like a positive way forward.

I see that the address is Peace Street! Now isn't that something?! :D

therebbe
09-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Good luck getting Christians to come on Christmas Day. I would love to meet the genuis who picked that day. :p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-18-2006, 12:07 AM
oh sorry i see i put the wrong date the actual dates are Sunday 18th September and Monday 18th(tomorrow and monday)
??? two 18th's?
I dunno i might be dumb...but that didnt make sense to me lol.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-18-2006, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
Good luck getting Christians to come on Christmas Day. I would love to meet the genuis who picked that day. :p
she said she put the wrong date bro lol...

Littleozzybloke
09-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Is there any open day type thingy in brisbane at all....bolton is a little bit too far from qld..

sshuraimno1fan
09-19-2006, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Littleozzybloke
Is there any open day type thingy in brisbane at all....bolton is a little bit too far from qld..
Assalamu Alaykum, sorry but the opn day was from Zakariyyah Jame Masjid and held in the actual Mosque itself for non muslims. Alhamdullillah it was an excellent turnout with over 300 non muslims attending and the Imam announced that TWO people converted. Masha Allah. May Allah guide them along the straight path.

sshuraimno1fan
09-19-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
??? two 18th's?
I dunno i might be dumb...but that didnt make sense to me lol.
well im sorry but if you used your brain and looked at the original message then you would be able 2 see that it was sunday 17th and Monday 18th

sshuraimno1fan
09-19-2006, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe

Yeah that was an error and seeing that you're not a genius yourself not noting the ERROR

May Allah Protect

Duhaa
09-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey I live in Bolton and I've been to one of these open days.

It was excellent and a lot of people came who were interested. The Masjid actually used to be a church and the priest who was at the church came aswell to give a few words.

sshuraimno1fan
09-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi again :)
I was referring to this part of your first post:

No, I don't live anywhere near Bolton.
I think it's good idea though. I imagine just walking into a mosque can be quite intimidating (I know some people feel like that about churches) - so having a friendly open day sounds like a positive way forward.

I see that the address is Peace Street! Now isn't that something?! :D
Yeah lol!
The turnout was pretty good Mashallah over 300 people attended and 2 people converted. All the guests really liked coming to the Mosque and seeing the exhibitions.

sshuraimno1fan
09-19-2006, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
Hey I live in Bolton and I've been to one of these open days.

It was excellent and a lot of people came who were interested. The Masjid actually used to be a church and the priest who was at the church came aswell to give a few words.

Yes thats right the Mosque used to be a church and no its a Mosque which can accomodate over 3000 Musalliees. Yesterday and on Sunday 2 people converted.

Duhaa
09-19-2006, 03:26 PM
You don't need to tell me, I teach at the mosque on Tuesdays.

And I was at one of the exhibitions last time there was an open day. I was at the Jerusalem and Jesus and Dome of the Rock part of the exhibition I think....

sshuraimno1fan
09-19-2006, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
You don't need to tell me, I teach at the mosque on Tuesdays.

And I was at one of the exhibitions last time there was an open day. I was at the Jerusalem and Jesus and Dome of the Rock part of the exhibition I think....
OK but all in all the exhibitions are great

glo
09-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah lol!
The turnout was pretty good Mashallah over 300 people attended and 2 people converted. All the guests really liked coming to the Mosque and seeing the exhibitions.
That was a good turn-out then. :)
Were you there yourself?

sshuraimno1fan
09-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Were you there yourself?

No i couldnt attend however my friend who went was really pleased with it all as she was telling me over the phone. I really wanted to go and see the Mosque and the Exhibitions.:(

Duhaa
09-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Were you there yourself?
The exhibitions are really good.
Even though I'm a Muslim, it was still as interesting as there's loads of things there that I hadn't been aware of.

And it's not just text to look at but there's pictures, models, presentations, calligraphy, Islamic artifacts and many more things. :)

And it's not just mosques and Qur'aan but there's 'sciency' things and 'Did you know?' things aswell as about issues such as the veil, prayer, and everyday info you want to know.

As far as I remember, the people even got to pray one of the prayers with the people if you wanted to but if you don't want to you can still watch.

And the best bit are the people. In the media we only get to here the bad news about people in general but at these exhibitions you find so many people that are interested in other faiths and want to learn more. It's really an eye opener and highly recommended. And we Muslims get to find out just as much as people of other faiths about their religions. :happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.