/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sunnipath?

UmmSqueakster
09-14-2006, 06:43 PM
:sl:

I attempted to direct a brother towards some hanafi opinions on Sunnipath, but it looks like it was blocked. Is there a reason for this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Stranger~
09-15-2006, 12:44 PM

it works fine for me

http://www.**************/

:w:

Vaseline
09-15-2006, 12:45 PM
I think what she means is why there are asterisks covering the actual website name. For example click on your own link and it won't work because "sunnipath" has been blocked off. I was wondering the same as well.

------
09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Interesting....y?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Stranger~
09-15-2006, 12:53 PM
it works fine for me

http://www.**************/
thats odd, the same thing happened to my post

UmmSqueakster
09-15-2006, 01:30 PM

Yes, that is exactly the problem I have. I can type sunnipath, but as soon as I add the .com, it is blocked :?

UmmSqueakster
09-15-2006, 03:43 PM
That seems rather unfair and counter the first guideline

1. Help build an e-Muslim community that supports each other, and promotes the Islamic image..
If I as a shafi'i can't cite to one of my major resources, how can I contribute? We're suppose to be avoided sectarian fitnah, but by blocking this website that many consider to be a valuable resource, it only will perpetuate it.

What other websites are blocked?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-15-2006, 07:22 PM
sectz discusion aint allowed ^o)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-15-2006, 07:39 PM
I guess trhe sunni path website cant be typed out because it owuld be adverising another site.

UmmSqueakster
09-15-2006, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I guess trhe sunni path website cant be typed out because it owuld be adverising another site.
But I have seen other people quote and link to other online fatwa sites :?

UmmSqueakster
09-15-2006, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
sectz discusion aint allowed ^o)
I don't intend to discuss sects, I'd mearly like to know why the sunnipath web address is blocked out.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-15-2006, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
But I have seen other people quote and link to other online fatwa sites :?

Oh well probably just filtered out this one, does it really matter? I think alot more people probably know about it now then would have done orginally since you started the thread anyway lol.

zash2
09-15-2006, 10:04 PM
I Woz Readin This Replies So I Thoguth Id Try Da Website, And If I Write It Right. The Website Workz For Me

Muhammad
09-15-2006, 10:55 PM

I believe the reason why the site has been blocked is due to some of its content being unsuitable material. I personally do not know much about the site, so I am sure those of us who do can offer more of an explanation.

While there may be beneficial material on the site aswell, it is the safest option to avoid using it as a resource here on LI, hence the censoring.

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-15-2006, 11:06 PM
If you want to reference some fiqh material on the website, just copy-paste it in your post. A site may be blocked if even a very small fraction of its content is not in accordance with our forum policy; it doesn't mean the whole website is incorrect. In fact, the majority of the website may even be quite beneficial.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.