09-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Asslamu Alikum dear members,Reply
Well..um I do not knwo where to start, actulaly, and I do not want to sound annoying, or that I am pushy if I ask for your help for one more time.
As I have posted my queationnaire to this list, and I was praying that I'd be receiving enough replies, on which I can start my research. Except for the Guidance of Allah, then the help of one noble member who devoted much time and effort to help.I also want to thank the kind members who did participate, may Allah bless them for their time and effort.
I do not want to be blackmailing your feelings or trying to convince you into helping me in my research through replying to the questionnaire, already exitinf in "Education Section", but I am just asking you if there is something wrong or repulsive about the questionnaire that made you unwilling to participate, you can tell me so I may change it for your convenience.
However, if you were just being uninterested or too busy, or in a mood of relaxation and do not feel like doing anything; you may try to help in a esearch that needs all your support. So please if you are still unwilling to particiapte for a reason or another, Please pray for us people involved in the research that Allah would grant us guidance and knowldege.
Jazakum Allah khayran and sorry for the inconvenience
Here is a copy of the questionnaire for those who want to take a look and help
Please state how long it takes you to complete this questionnaire: Approx. ---- mins.
1) Your Age:
Languages you speak other than English:
Exposure to Arabic (e.g mother-tongue of parents / learning at school):
If Qur’an isn’t its translation …
1) What do you expect from a translation of the Holy Qur’an?
2) What is it that you prefer most in any given translation?
3) Do you know how to judge a translation of the Holy Qur’an to be good or not?
4) What would you like to see in translations of the Qur’an, as it does not already exist and is lacking in current translations?
5) What is the Qur’an translation you use? Why?
6) Do you prefer hard-copy (printed) versions of Qur’an, or computers’ version?
7) What would make you seek to buy or find a specific translation of the Qur’an? For example, you hear of a new translation, a friend told you about his favourite translation …etc.
8) What do you dislike most in any given translation of the Qur’an?
9) Have you ever decided not to use a particular translation of the Qur’an? If so, why?
10) Do you think that translations and translated explanations are enough to understand the meanings of Qur’an or does one have to learn Arabic?
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.
When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.