/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where is this forum headed?

AnonymousPoster
09-17-2006, 03:12 AM
:sl:

Lately, I have seen so many people using so many emoticons and glittery stuff... and lots of unnecessary joking...

Just wondering whether this forum will turn into another typical hook-up place.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
09-17-2006, 03:23 AM
i think the forum is doing very well

people are people they joke and they like nice avatars and signatures but over all there is still a lot of good discussions and learning threads around

all i dont like is the excessive use of slang terms, which kinda gets on the nerves after a while

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Astaghfirullah, I hope not. I think the brothers and sisters here know better than that, InshAllah...lol
and what the bro said.

lolwatever
09-17-2006, 03:28 AM

Lately, I have seen so many people using so many emoticons and glittery stuff... and lots of unnecessary joking...

yeh dont u agree digitalstorm :okay:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
09-17-2006, 03:42 AM
well its terms like

bruva, wotits, tingymagingy, etc etc lol

honestly speaking, such usage of language will only cost the user in the end by spoiling the standard of their written english

additionally those reading it also are at a risk of starting using it

Ghazi
09-17-2006, 04:13 AM

tingymagingy
is that a tellytubbie

Littleozzybloke
09-17-2006, 04:21 AM
you mean thingamagig....oozmabob...whatyamacallit..and howyagoinmate..

just some aussie slang..been about a long time...

Littleozzybloke
09-17-2006, 04:25 AM
ugh...no edit...adding...
a lot of slang in aus is picked up and used by a lot of people...some are funny....I know what they all mean....
the states use bro and similiar names...aussies use it a little...
most said to another here is 'mate' or 'bloke'...goodonya..

lolwatever
09-17-2006, 04:43 AM
fair 'inkum ;)

manaal
09-17-2006, 06:05 AM
Even this thread is turning into something else...

I too have notice that some members have the habit of making silly little comments which turn some serious threads into a joke.

There should be an unwritten rule:
If you have nothing valid to contribute to the thread, say nothing.

~Stranger~
09-17-2006, 07:19 AM

totally agree. soem ppl even give very wrong (and may i say unislamic) advices and that annoys me very much. i really hope this place wont turn into another flirting *islamic* site like many many others

:w:

~Stranger~
09-17-2006, 05:03 PM
glittery stuff.
i agree with what u said but i dont get whats wrong with "glittery stuff"??
:w:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 06:22 PM
i tink da forum iz duin wikid (lol xcuse me) yeh u get ppl like me wit ma slang buh hu cares.. its al duin wel :)

Snowflake
09-17-2006, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

hayee tauba.. let me take this opportunity to say I'm a mother of one gorgeous little boy and if I joke with brothers it is by no means in a flirtatious way *u listening guys* lol that's just me, my nature. I am also probably a lot older than most broz and I always look upon ALL of them as a big sis and joke with that feeling in my heart.

*feels better for letting that out* :D

Ubaidah
09-17-2006, 06:31 PM
I haven't been here to know what the board USED to be, but as for what I see. I see people making the occasional joke, which is fine, but when that is ALL they contribute (especially in a serious topic) I see how that could ruffle the feathers. I'm just hoping this forum doesn't go the way of some of the other forums I've been to, where it turns into a place of constant arguing or a place where questions get mocked, and posters get turned away. But from the great folks that we have posting here, I don't see that happening.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 06:34 PM
u get occasional jokles n dat yeh but most of its clean ryt? and sis muslimah.. same here im juz lil dnt mind me :$ lol :p

snakelegs
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
do you think muslims are not supposed to have a sense of humour?
don't underestimate our Morality Police! ;D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 07:43 PM
i can be serious at times tho.. wen its needed but i like to chillax :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
:salamext:

whos flirtin?

:wasalamex

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 07:49 PM
huh :rollseyes ^ explain please, i didnt get that lol

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2006, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

hook-up = mixin = gettin togeva = gettin all comfy = flirtin

to be honest i aint seein it happen

so i kinda dont see where u gettin dis from

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 07:53 PM
ohh ryt.. nah da moderations realy good on dis forum and the majority of members dey good n keep demsleves away 4rm all that mashallah..

no way is dis forum goin 2 b turned in2 some "typical hook up place!"

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2006, 07:55 PM

i'd like to express my gratitude to the mods fi-sabillilah. Keep it under shariah all the way inshaAllah.

if u wud like some donation just leave ur credit card number wiv valid from and expiry date inshaAllah :p

Edit: oh and full name as it appears on the card and house address please

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 07:57 PM
2 all da modz :D u been da bomb :) kept dis forum top notch! lol

starfortress
09-22-2006, 06:11 PM

Honestly,for me since i join this forum it did clarified me in many aspect of life especially in my knowledge of Islam and others faith,beside interaction with other peoples from the whole different places,and to the Mods keep this forum rock as a bridge towards Oneness Umma...it did help me Inshaallah:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.