/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who pays for all of this?

DigitalStorm82
09-18-2006, 03:59 AM
Who is responsible for running this forum and who financially supports this forum?

Are the moderators in a specific location working out of an office.. or is it just random people throughout the globe who have been given the moderator priveledges?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
09-18-2006, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
Who is responsible for running this forum and who financially supports this forum?

Are the moderators in a specific location working out of an office.. or is it just random people throughout the globe who have been given the moderator priveledges?
actually LI got their headquarters in Santa Monica next to one of Microsofts biggest RnD centers... Kadafi is CEO and they are the highest wage payers in the U.S.

Zak is promotion manager who resides in india.... for cheap labour purposes... last year LI turned over 300 billion dollars in profits mashalah :D

Abdulwaheed
09-18-2006, 04:56 AM
hahaha 300 billion in profits. i should become a shareholder.. i could make a lot of money :)

I am interested in the answer though! The Real answer!

lolwatever
09-18-2006, 05:00 AM
^ wat, u think im lying :offended:

:p naa.. yeh its individual efforts.. its not a company lol with headquarters, execs n paid workers.

salams

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdulwaheed
09-18-2006, 05:12 AM
lolwatever = Lol-liar

Masha Allah. May Allah reward those who put the effort in to bring us this awesome site

lolwatever
09-18-2006, 05:42 AM
lol@ lolliar.. yet another name :offended:

Masha Allah. May Allah reward those who put the effort in to bring us this awesome site
ameen :D

Muslimgirl01
09-18-2006, 12:52 PM
ameen

- Qatada -
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
:salamext:

Ameen to your dua's. It's brother kadafi and i think bro Khaldun who are paying for the site, and we get donations from generous brothers and sisters too alhamdulillah :)

Us mods get picked, some also apply, and some are friends with the real owners of the site.

A person can apply to become mod by filling in the following form insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/newthread.php?do=Moderator

Allaah Almighty knows best.

AvarAllahNoor
09-18-2006, 01:55 PM
What does 'Ameen' mean? is it 'Amen'?

Asyur an-Nagi
09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
may Allah almighty grant our wishes? dunno. i always think that way:D

Mawaddah
09-18-2006, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Ameen means " Allahumma Istajib "
Which means, " O Allah Answer " Or you could say " O Allah Accept "

And yes it's something like Amen :)

glo
09-18-2006, 02:03 PM
I found this:
The word Amen (Tiberian Hebrew אָמֵן ’Āmēn "So be it; truly", Standard Hebrew אמן Amen, Arabic آمين ’Āmīn, Ge'ez' አሜን ’Āmēn) is a declaration of affirmation found in the Hebrew Bible and in the Qur'an. It has always been in use within Judaism and Islam. It has been generally adopted in Christian worship as a concluding formula for prayers and hymns. In Islam, it is the standard ending to suras. Common English translations of the word amen include: "Verily", "Truly", "So be it", and "Let it be".
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amen

Abdul Fattah
09-18-2006, 05:28 PM
If one looks at the top of this you see this green bar which says:
Load-Islam Forums Referrers Favorites Refer Friends AllRead Files Member Map Member Pages Donate Topics

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-18-2006, 07:18 PM
what qualifications u need 2 b a moderator :p not lyk im gna apply cuz 2 b honest i cnt b bothad n im 2 like not mature n i wnt get picked :giggling:

Muhammad
09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
:sl:

There aren't any formal qualifications... here's what the application form says:

Due the new regulations, we are looking for dedicated members who wish to help oversee the forums. At the present, the moderator position is only available for those with more than 500 posts. The above criteria must be met in order for the application to be considered for a moderator position. Other factors that are considered in evaluating applications are: warnings and staff actions received, substance of posts overall.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-19-2006, 06:27 PM
ohh right fair enough :D jazakallah khair 4 dat bro

lolwatever
09-26-2006, 11:26 AM
^^ :lol: means i can never be mod, coz dudette was practising his warning skills on me :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.