/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A-levels

The Ruler
09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
:sl:

can sum1 xplain ta me how A-levels in england wrk...i mean i hear diff stuff from diff ppl...sum say dat u gotta choose 4 subjects n drop 1 on ur nxt yr...sum say 'relly i didnt kno dat!!'....n its only makin me confused...n also wt subjects wud b best if i wanna get into medicine??

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
09-18-2006, 05:58 PM

You Have A Choice Of What A Levels To Do..Depending On Ur Grades @ GCSE...U Can Do 4...N Drop One The Second Year If U Wish...All In All Ending Up With 3 A Levels...

But U Can Still Stick Wid 4 A Levels...

seeker_of_ilm
09-18-2006, 05:58 PM

Generally, in England, people pick 4 AS level subjects. And on completing the first year, they usually drop 1, and continue with 3 Subjects at A2.

The most common combination of subjects, for people wanting to do medicine is, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Physics

jzcasejz
09-18-2006, 05:59 PM
[MOUSE]And As For Medicine...I THiNK It's Chemisty, Biology And ???Psychics???[/MOUSE]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
09-18-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
The most common combination of subjects, for people wanting to do medicine is, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Physics
if i dnt do physics n do phychology instead wud it affect wt i do in uni :? :?

seeker_of_ilm
09-18-2006, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+
if i dnt do physics n do phychology instead wud it affect wt i do in uni :? :?

Nope not really, the only main 2 that you need for medicine is Chemistry and Biology. The other 2, it doesn't matter, as long as they are not "soft" subjects, but most important is, that you choose subjects you will do well at.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
09-18-2006, 10:42 PM
i nid help wiv personal stamentz i knw its got nuttin 2 do wit alevel but yeh similar ...lol

Muhammad
09-18-2006, 11:09 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Sum-Muslim-Gal
i nid help wiv personal stamentz i knw its got nuttin 2 do wit alevel but yeh similar ...lol

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...statement.html

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask there and Insha'Allaah you will find help.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.