/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it permissable to read the quran on da bus or train?

Helena
09-18-2006, 10:17 PM
:sl:

i have another question for all of u......

soo..........is it permissable to read/recite the quran on da bus or train? is it?

hope u can answer my question inshalah......:) :) :)

jazaks...................

:w: :) :) :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
brilliant question, i think the answer will come as long as u hav appropriate covering and wudhu its ok, but lets hear the answers :D !!

Helena
09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
brilliant question, i think the answer will come as long as u hav appropriate covering and wudhu its ok, but lets hear the answers :D !!

yeah i was jus wondering...coz i travel for uni stuff and frequently use the train.....yeah inshalah lets wait for the answers.....

Muhammad
09-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Question:

Can Suratul-Fatihah be recited at any time? I heard that it can only be recited at certain times only, like salaat or as prescribed by the Prophet (May Allaah's peace and blessings be upon him) for specific needs. If it is the latter, could you list the proper times to recite it?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for you to recite Qur’aan, or any soorah from it, at any time and in any situation, except when you are in a state of janaabah (impurity following sexual activity), in which case it is haraam to recite Qur’aan, because of the hadeeth of ‘Ali who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recite Qur’aan to us in all situations so long as he was not in a state of janaabah.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, al-Tahaarah, 136. al-Tirmidhi said: this hadeeth of ‘Ali is hasan saheeh). This was also the view of the scholars among the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Taabi’een. They said a man may recite Qur’aan without wudoo’ but he should not read from the Mus-haf unless he is taahir (pure, i.e., has wudoo’). This was the view of Sufyaan al-Thawri, al-Shaafa’i, Ahmad and Ishaaq.

See Da’eef Sunan al-Tirmidhi by al-Albaani, hadeeth no. 22

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: The imams are agreed that it is haraam to recite Qur’aan when in a state of janaabah.

It is not proper etiquette to recite Qur’aan when one is in a state of janaabah because it is the words of Allaah which must be respected and venerated, and kept away from all unclean places and places where haraam things take place, which could dishonour it and show disrespect towards its sanctity. Moreover the person who is in a state of janaabah can remove the impurity whenever he wants, so he is not allowed to recite Qur’aan. But if you are impure in the sense of minor impurity then it is permissible for you to recite only, without touching the Mus-haf. See question no. 10672. With regard to women when they are menstruating or bleeding following childbirth, see question no. 2564. And Allaah knows best.

See Tawdeeh Ahkaam al-Nisa’, 1/309.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amirah_87
09-18-2006, 10:32 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

Yeah, it's allowed to recite the Quraan anywhere Helena except for the toilet, we're not supposed to make Dhikr in there regards to the hadeeth that the Prophet sallaahu 3alayhi wasallam was in the toilet and a sahaabiy passed him by and gave him salaams , the Prophet sallaahu 3alayhi wasallam did not return it.. and when asked why he did not reply he said: Verily this place is not a place that Allah's name shall be made remembrance in (hadeeth; by meaning..)

As for reading it out loud Allahu a3lam but I think women should avoid doing so because when we read the Qur'aan we have to beautify our voices, and we cannot do so in the presence of our Non-Mahram..

Just my opinion Ukhtiy I ain't no scholar!!

amirah_87
09-18-2006, 10:36 PM
As salaamu aalykum,

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: The imams are agreed that it is haraam to recite Qur’aan when in a state of janaabah.

It is not proper etiquette to recite Qur’aan when one is in a state of janaabah because it is the words of Allaah which must be respected and venerated, and kept away from all unclean places and places where haraam things take place, which could dishonour it and show disrespect towards its sanctity. Moreover the person who is in a state of janaabah can remove the impurity whenever he wants, so he is not allowed to recite Qur’aan. But if you are impure in the sense of minor impurity then it is permissible for you to recite only, without touching the Mus-haf. See question no. 10672. With regard to women when they are menstruating or bleeding following childbirth, see question no. 2564. And Allaah knows best.
I studied that some Ulamaah say that is is allowed for one to read the Qur'aan in the state of Janaabah or in the state of mensturation...etc
I can't remember exactly why they say so.. :embarrass
I'll look it up InshaAllah!

Helena
09-19-2006, 08:09 AM
jazaks for ur help....

is the train/bus clean to read the quran? cant i jus read it quietly in the train to read the quran?......

~Stranger~
09-19-2006, 08:13 AM
oh id love to read the quran in the bus when i go home (when college starts) but fear ppl might think im a terrorist
:w:

Helena
09-19-2006, 08:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Stranger~
oh id love to read the quran in the bus when i go home (when college starts) but fear ppl might think im a terrorist
woah sis....that shudnt get in ur way....wen practising islam...we shud only fear Allah(swt)....may Allah(swt) guide and protect us all.....

wen am on da train...i wear full islamic clothing..hijaab and jilbaab.....i always have a islamic book on me.......why shud we fear?........

~Stranger~
09-19-2006, 11:45 AM
we're not ashamed sis but we dont want to be arrested especially if we get angry very fast and live in my country

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.