/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confused

seeker_of_ilm
09-20-2006, 08:23 PM
:sl:

Basically, I've got university applications coming up, and I'm still none the wiser about what I want to study. :uhwhat

I want to do something in Healthcare, but not:

Doctor
Dentist
Nurse

I study Maths, Physics and Electronics at A2

So can anyone suggest some careers in Healthcare that I could look into.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
09-20-2006, 08:29 PM
How about one of the therapies, such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy?
Then there are more technical professions, such as audiologist, cardiovascular technician, radiology technician ...

Have a look here, just for a decription for the different professions: http://www.healthprofessions.com/careers/default.html

Hope you find the right career! :)

Ubaidah
09-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Physical therapy is EXACTLY what I was going to recommend.

Helena
09-20-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Basically, I've got university applications coming up, and I'm still none the wiser about what I want to study. :uhwhat

Doctor
Dentist
Nurse

thought u were studying maths.....wots happening wid dat bro? in queenmary rite?????........plaaning to become a teacher....

mind changed.....gotta be sure wot u wanna do...gotta be 100% man......

have u looked at the queen mary booklet.....wot courses do they run in there?.....surely somehting shud interest u......

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
09-20-2006, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JMF
Physical therapy is EXACTLY what I was going to recommend.
It's a great job!

But from an Islamic point of view, it is very hands-on - i.e. manipulating of patient's limbs, chest tapping to aid lung drainage, lifting and handling of patients, possibly massage ... I suppose that could be a problem? :?

seeker_of_ilm
09-20-2006, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
thought u were studying maths.....wots happening wid dat bro? in queenmary rite?????........plaaning to become a teacher....

mind changed.....gotta be sure wot u wanna do...gotta be 100% man......

have u looked at the queen mary booklet.....wot courses do they run in there?.....surely somehting shud interest u......

Yeah....but as you can see from the title of the thread...I'm extremely confused lol

:w:

Helena
09-20-2006, 08:40 PM

Yeah....but as you can see from the title of the thread...I'm extremely confused lol

:w:
oh yeah...but have u spoken wid ur parents about this????? and their views.....

Kamilah
09-20-2006, 10:20 PM

Doctor
Dentist
Nurse

bro, whats wrong with Dentistry?? i'm doing dentistry next year Insha'Allah.

there are so many incentives in the three above fields of work,

how about engineering but in the health sector?

AceOfHearts
09-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Assalamu alaikum.

I would immagine you have alrady thought about engineering as all your A2's are perfectly suited to this field.

However, if you really want to enter the health industry, I would also suggest something technical in this sector. I am sure there are plenty of courses of this type and some examples of them have already been given here.

Peace to you.

Woodrow
09-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Have you thought of combining engineeering and mediceine? Good fields for that are in the designing of prosthesis and Kinesiology.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Yea medicine is good or Pharmacy/Pharmocology..thats what I'm gunna do. I hope u find what u wana do. Can't waste time =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.