/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Learn Arabic

nishom
09-21-2006, 10:39 AM
SALAAM,

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHETHER YOU GUYS COULD RECOMMEND ME A QURANIC ARABIC DICTIONARY THAT WOULD ENABLE ME TO TRANLATE THE QURAN FROM ARABIC TO ENGLISH.

IT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A LOT OF THE VOCAB OF THE QURAN

IM REALLY EAGER TO LEARN ARABIC.

BY HELPING YOU, INSHALLAH ALLLAH WILL GIVE YOU THE REWARD OF ME LEARNIG ARABIC, INSHALLAH.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
back_to_faith
03-31-2007, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nishom
SALAAM,

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHETHER YOU GUYS COULD RECOMMEND ME A QURANIC ARABIC DICTIONARY THAT WOULD ENABLE ME TO TRANLATE THE QURAN FROM ARABIC TO ENGLISH.

BY HELPING YOU, INSHALLAH ALLLAH WILL GIVE YOU THE REWARD OF ME LEARNIG ARABIC, INSHALLAH.

Alsalamoalikom

Excuse me but i couldn't understand your post well !!!.
How come you want to translate from Arabic to English ,if you EAGER TO LEARN ARABIC?!!!!
Is Arabic your native tongue?
I will recomment you a dictionary depending on your answer.
May Allah bless you

Khadijah79
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
SALAAM,

:sl: Bro

I'm learning arabic But I do have a Qur'an that's in both Arabic and English

It is very hard to tranlate Arabic into English....

That's why you get alot of non-muslims thinking they know all about our holly Qur'an

Because the tranlation is very hard indeed

I do have a CD-rom called Al-Qari it teaches you arabic and also the Qur'an

Insh'Allah that will help you learn Arabic :D

:w:

khushnood
04-04-2007, 05:19 AM
salams!I'll be looking forward to this thread as i'm also tryin to learn arabic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.:Umniyah:.
04-04-2007, 05:34 AM
SALAAM,

:sl:

^ best dictionary I know. But you have to Know the arabic root word to find stuff in it. But its really awsome.

Theres also:

I like that one too, only sometimes for some words it doesnt give you enough explanation. But i personally have that one and i'd recommend it. Oh and you dont have to know the root word for this one.

The 1st one i dont have a friend of mine has it and its cool, so long as you know the root word of the word youre looking for.

hope it helps

:w:

Talibatul Ilm
04-14-2007, 05:42 AM
big ups to hans wehr, im trying to study arabic and personally that dictionary does more than just give a translation of the word but an indepth meaning behind the word and different meanings it can be used for. sometimes the hard thing with looking up words in arabic to english dictonaries is knowing the root letters to look it up =/

amirah_87
04-15-2007, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talibatul Ilm
big ups to hans wehr, im trying to study arabic and personally that dictionary does more than just give a translation of the word but an indepth meaning behind the word and different meanings it can be used for. sometimes the hard thing with looking up words in arabic to english dictonaries is knowing the root letters to look it up =/
:sl:

Na'am, that's why it's essential to learn 'Ilm as-sarf. You'll find it'll help you a great deal.

yahia12
04-30-2007, 01:43 AM
ana ahki arabi showaya..lugha hulwa

nishom--shoo ismek? :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.