/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saving the Best ‘Til Last

madeenahsh
09-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Saving the Best ‘Til Last

By Umm Junayd

Bismillaahi was-salaatu was-salaamu 'alaa Rasoolillaah. Wa ba'd:

'Save the best 'til last'. Most if not all of you have probably heard this phrase before and in some cases it rings true:

- you save that luscious ice-cream until after dinner in order to devour it slowly;
- you 'wait until later' to give good news because it makes it all the more exciting;
- even women add the finishing touches after having done their hair and worn their finest clothes.

However, it seems that many of us put the very best at the bottom of our priority list. You know what it is; it should be that which governs our lives - our every action and speech. It should be that which we strive to live by. It should be that which we yearn to learn about. Indeed, many of us leave it 'til last, and sadly it's Islaam.

If we look to the example of the sahaabah, we can see that before everything, Islaam was at the top of their list. Their love of Allaah, His legislated way of life and His noble Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) reigned above all. We could see this from the way they lived their lives. No doubt, they were also engaged of actions of this world - i.e. working, buying and selling - but these too were governed by Islaam.

Today, when we hear of lectures, study circles or the like, for most of us we simply do not have the time even though we may have the time. We place Islaam after the affairs of the dunyaa. "Oh, I've got to do this first, then I'll pray." How many times have we said this? Is it not to Allaah we are praying? And... is it not Allaah Who has given us the ability to do that which we are putting ahead of our salaah?

Sadly, we have our priorities messed up and we should take heed to this aayah:

"O believers, enter into Islaam completely and do not follow the footsteps of Shaytaan, surely he is your clear-cut enemy."

May this be a beneficial reminder first to myself before anyone else and I pray that Allaah increases us all in steadfastness upon His Path, aameen.

Subhaanak Allaahumma wa bihamdik. Ash-hadu al-laa illaaha illa ant. Astaghfiruk, wa atoobu ilayk.

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

~ Umm Junayd.

Source: www.ummjunayd. info

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
09-24-2006, 04:44 PM
As Salamu Alaykum,

MashaAllah That's a good article.. :)

Jazakillaahu Khayr Ukhtiy!

:peace: Ramadhaan Kareem :peace:

MH-UK
09-24-2006, 10:20 PM
:sl:

JazakAllah khair for this critical reminder.

madeenahsh
09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Walykum sallam warahmatullaahi wabarakatuh

Taqabala Allaahu minna wa minkum

Ameen..
Waiyakum ukhti fe llaah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
10-16-2006, 04:36 AM
:sl:

Jazaak ALLAH khayr..:rose:

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.