/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To whom who ever meet ulama, or hear the stories of them

Dhulqarnaeen
09-29-2006, 03:47 AM
Lets share the stories of ulama. Maybe one of you ever sit in their majlis and something funny happen, or something that show their karomah, or whatever happen when youre with them. Or maybe to whom never meet them, maybe you hear the stories from your teacher or someone. Ok...insha Allah, we can take ibrah from their glorious level. :) May Allah collected us in yaumul Qiyamah in Rasulullahs group and collected with all ulama, amin.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dhulqarnaeen
09-29-2006, 03:55 AM
I ever heard this story from my ustadh, his name is ustadh Badrusalam -hafidhahullah-. And he graduated from Madinah university in ilmun hadith. He said: "one day syaikh Al Uthaymeen rahimahullah giving lectures in his majlis. And he explained about Ramadhan (or some ruling of one matter). And while he was talking, theres an old baduwy man who enter the masjid. He walked straight to the sheikh and walked on the peoples shoulders. Its so unpolite in majlis, and its not the adab in majlis. So the sheikh told him "yaa sheikh, sit down", but this man just kept walking to the sheikh. The sheikh warned him almost three times. And the people just wondering what this sheikh wanted to do. And some of the students prepared to protect the sheikh if this man wanted do something bad. :D And then when he stood up in front of the sheikh, this old man said "yaa sheikh, what is the hukm in using the sexual medicine that can make us stronger", suddenly the people were laughing and the sheikh smiled so wide ;D . And the sheikh answered "jaeez". And then this baduwi old man went straight out of the masjid".

Is Arabian Baduwi always like that Im wondering? :?

Dhulqarnaeen
09-29-2006, 04:18 AM
I heard it from someone who ever study in Dammaj Yemen with sheikh Muqbil rahimahullah.
"While the sheikh gave khutbah eid al adha, he read some Quranic verses. And then suddenly from the audience heard one screaming voices. In fact the Quranic recitation of the sheikh had made one of the audience who had jinn in him felt disturbed and hurted"

My comment: This is the karomah of one of waliullah I think. If the taqwa man doing ruqyah to someone who got opposed by jinn, then they can do it easier than usual muslim. And Al Muhaddith Al Allamah Asy Syaikh Muqbil bin Hadi is a well known (masyhur) scholar from Yemen. Even syaikh Uthaymeen said He is the Mujadid in Yemen. And with the quality he had in him, he can make the jinn scared only by hearing him reading the verse of Quran...and in khutbah eid too...wow. Even I ever came with one of my friend who was going to do ruqyah to someone, and then he read Quran but the jinn wouldnt showed up....lol. Its depend to the quality of someone one.
Just like I ever read in Imam Ahmad Al Hambali's story. Oneday theres someone who came to Imam Ahmad telling him that someone got opposed by jinn. And then Imam Ahmad just sent his sandal to cure him :D Masha Allah, just because of IMam Ahmads sandal jinn already so scared. Rahimahullah. And when Imam Ahmad dead, the jinn back to the mans body.

I read the biography of syaikh Albani rahimahullah. Just after he dead, theres some a lot of strangers to syaikh Albanis house. The wife of the sheikh confuces and wondered "who is these people?". And when they were asked, they answered "the syaikh always give them some money to afford their life everyday".

My comment: Look at this Al muhaddith Al Mujtahid Al Imam Asy Syaikh Al Albani rahimahullah, even his own wife who sleep with him everyday, sharing happines and sadness in lifes, but she didnt know what the sheikh did for these masakeen. Wallahi, the man who have the right intention in doing his amal, will make the left hand really dont know what the right hand doing. Just like Ash Shiddiqul akbar Abu Bakr Ash Shiddiq and Al Farooq Umar bin Khattab radhiallahu anhuma, they walked in the middle of the night just to do their amal. Abu Bakr made bread for an old blind woman, and so did Umar. They do this all in order to amal without someone know. Where is our position compared with them? :cry:

SO POST UP YOUR STORIES GUYS...insha Allah manfaat.

i_m_tipu
09-29-2006, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
I ever heard this story from my ustadh, his name is ustadh Badrusalam -hafidhahullah-. And he graduated from Madinah university in ilmun hadith. He said: "one day syaikh Al Uthaymeen rahimahullah giving lectures in his majlis. And he explained about Ramadhan (or some ruling of one matter). And while he was talking, theres an old baduwy man who enter the masjid. He walked straight to the sheikh and walked on the peoples shoulders. Its so unpolite in majlis, and its not the adab in majlis. So the sheikh told him "yaa sheikh, sit down", but this man just kept walking to the sheikh. The sheikh warned him almost three times. And the people just wondering what this sheikh wanted to do. And some of the students prepared to protect the sheikh if this man wanted do something bad. :D And then when he stood up in front of the sheikh, this old man said "yaa sheikh, what is the hukm in using the sexual medicine that can make us stronger", suddenly the people were laughing and the sheikh smiled so wide ;D . And the sheikh answered "jaeez". And then this baduwi old man went straight out of the masjid".

Is Arabian Baduwi always like that Im wondering? :?

haahaaa........

Baduwi :? who r they

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dhulqarnaeen
09-29-2006, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by i_m_tipu
haahaaa........

Baduwi :? who r they
:sl:
Its the villagers, who life in the desert and life moving from one place to another place. But i heard baduwi these days is more modern :D Allahu A'lam

i_m_tipu
09-29-2006, 05:37 AM
Its the villagers, who life in the desert and life moving from one place to another place. But i heard baduwi these days is more modern :D Allahu A'lam
jajakAllah for sharing

Abu Zakariya
09-29-2006, 06:41 AM
Here are great stories about the 'ulema:

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...baaz/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...aree/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...anee/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...meen/index.htm

Here's an example:

“One of his (Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen's) students informed me that he slept very little at night during the times of major crises within the Ummah, especially during the days of the Gulf War and the tragedy of our brothers (and sisters) in Bosnia and Chechnya; Whereby he would stand the night (in prayer) beseeching His Lord for their victory (against their enemies) and firmness (upon Islaam) and to repel the plans of the enemies of the religion against them; He also prayed for the Muslims (in general) and encouraged them to stand by (support) them (in their hardship against their enemies).”

Dhulqarnaeen
09-29-2006, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya
Here are great stories about the 'ulema:

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...baaz/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...aree/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...anee/index.htm

http://www.fatwa-online.com/jewelsof...meen/index.htm

Here's an example:

“One of his (Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen's) students informed me that he slept very little at night during the times of major crises within the Ummah, especially during the days of the Gulf War and the tragedy of our brothers (and sisters) in Bosnia and Chechnya; Whereby he would stand the night (in prayer) beseeching His Lord for their victory (against their enemies) and firmness (upon Islaam) and to repel the plans of the enemies of the religion against them; He also prayed for the Muslims (in general) and encouraged them to stand by (support) them (in their hardship against their enemies).”
Mmm...nice info alhamdulillah. But maybe it would be nicer if we hear from the direct sources that exprience their moment with ulama, mmmm...more thoucy I think. :D And not all the experience copied into the website right? But jazakallah khair for the info akhil kareem.
Mmmm I remember I ever read these websites and it made me cried...such a encouragable stories masha Allah. Especially about those dreams the students had about the sheikh in heaven and upon the right path...subhanallah. May Allah collect us in Yaumul qiyamah with them behind Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam, amin.

al Amaanah
09-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Allahoema ameen!

S_87
10-01-2006, 01:07 PM

lovely stories, please do share some more :happy:

Fishman
10-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Abu Jafar al-Hanbali told me about the time when he brought a chipped cup into his parent's house. They were like 'ASTAGFIRULLAH! A CIPPED CUP! WHY DID YOU BRING THIS EVIL INTO OUR HOUSE!'
He also told us about the time at customs when he came into the UK from America. Behind him in the queue there was this guy wearing a big brown cloak with huge hood, with a huge metal chain round his neck, and was carrying a log. And guess who the airport security dragged into the back room for questioning? Abu Jafar!
:w:

Dhulqarnaeen
10-04-2006, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Abu Jafar al-Hanbali told me about the time when he brought a chipped cup into his parent's house. They were like 'ASTAGFIRULLAH! A CIPPED CUP! WHY DID YOU BRING THIS EVIL INTO OUR HOUSE!'
He also told us about the time at customs when he came into the UK from America. Behind him in the queue there was this guy wearing a big brown cloak with huge hood, with a huge metal chain round his neck, and was carrying a log. And guess who the airport security dragged into the back room for questioning? Abu Jafar!
:D . Who is Abu Jafar? Afwan. And why Abu JAfar was the one who the security arrested? :D. Youre with him when this story happen or you heard it from someone else? :)

Sal3ma 7
10-04-2006, 03:29 AM
wonderful stories..keep them comin'..:)

Mawaddah
10-04-2006, 02:00 PM
I can't really recall many incidents that happened in Yemen whilst I was there..... :?

And Akhi Dhul that incident with the man screaming out whilst in Eid prayer was with Sheikh Yahya and not with Sheikh Muqbil :)

But there was one time, when Sheikh Muqbil had some guests over at his house, and then someone came up to the room and knocked on the door and told the Sheikh that there was a person outside who was possessed with Jinn, and so the Sheikh said " Allow him to enter " When the person entered, The Sheikh only began speaking and this man began having fits....the Jinn was apparently very afraid and promised not to bother his victim anymore......The Jinn left :)

Sheikh Muqbil was such a wonderful scholar Subhanallah!! :'( :'( He was soooooo kind and used to joke around with his students duringst class and everything....his classes used to be made up of more than a thousand students in one sitting Subhanallah.

I remember one time when I and my family had first moved to Dammaj, Yemen, My father took my little brother (at that time he was 6 ) to the Masjid to attend the Sheikhs classes......and apparently at that time the Sheikh was in the mood to have a laugh :D So he called my little brother up onto the platform where the Microphone was and he asked him " Ya Bunay (O my son ) Do you speak Arabic? " And so my Brother said " Yes Ya Sheikh " ( but actually he coudlnt' speak it very well :giggling: ) And so Sheikh Muqbil said " Khayr Insha'allah, let me ask you a question, Where is your Anf (nose) ? "
My Brother was very confused because he had no idea what "Anf" was at that time and so he just took a random guess and pointed to his back :giggling: , Needless to say the whole congregation began laughing, and the Sheikh said " Khalaas Khalaas, Give the Bunay a little time and he will soon speak Arabic perfectly " :D

And there was another time, When I had made some chocolate cake :lol: and I walked over to the Sheikh Muqbils house and gave it to his wife Umm Abdurrahmaan, and she was extreeeeeeemely impressed and she fell over me kissing me and all of that masha'allah.....and apparently she gave some to Sheikh Muqbil and told the Sheikh about it :D
So when it was time for the mens class after 'Asr , The sheikh went to his chair and called out on the Microphone " Yaa ________ (my dad) I am happy with your family today so I will give you a special question to answer!! " And my dad said that He felt like he just wanted to sink into the ground because it was on that day that he hadn't revised his lesson lol.....And so he had to tell the Sheikh that he hadn't done his lesson lol....

They are all very simple stories but I treasure them so much in my memory Subhanallah......May Allah Grant the Sheikh Jannatul Firdaus Ameen..... :'(

When I think of some more I will put them up here Insha'allah :)

Nawal89
10-04-2006, 02:35 PM
well mines arent stories..more like memories from when i was younger..

I remember when we used to have classes in sheikh muqbils house rahimahullah I always used to be jealous of his grand daughter, because she was always eating when she wasnt supposed to, and i used to be hungry in class. And how did she get that food, she mooched it off her grandfather of course. He was always passing around carrots and cucumbers to the younger children.;D lolz he really loved his grand children mashaAllah.

Another time after calss we were all sitting out in the porch, and he had to pass thru..so he said tareeeeeeq tareeeeq..make way make way..and well..the elder girls made way put down their niqabs whatever but the younger ones (Like me) just sat there..and he passed us adn didnt even look our way mashaAllah..thats the first tiem i saw sheikh muqbil rahimahullah..I remember he said "how long are you girls going to crowd my porch? ;D" In a nice way. Made everyone feel soo good.

He really was a wonderful man mashaAllah. May Allah have mercy and bless him ameen.

S_87
10-04-2006, 02:51 PM

aaah these stories are so sweet! 1000 students mashaAllah :cry:

Fishman
10-04-2006, 03:06 PM
:D . Who is Abu Jafar? Afwan. And why Abu JAfar was the one who the security arrested? :D. Youre with him when this story happen or you heard it from someone else? :)
Abu Jafar is my teacher at the Masjid. He's a scholar, is trained in comparative religion and can speak Arabic, Hebrew, and many other languages. He's really nice, and really knowledgeable, but is extremely hard to contact, especially when I need to talk to him most...:cry:

Mawaddah
10-04-2006, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

aaah these stories are so sweet! 1000 students mashaAllah :cry:
Over 1000 sis!! and now it's triple that amount!! :happy: Subhanallah

But it's with Sheikh Yahya now of course, May Allah have mercy upon Sheikh Muqbil Ameen.....:cry:

Sheikh Muqbil was a very small man Subhanallah, and he had brown skin and a small beard which used to have stains of Henna in it, but for some reason the Henna was never fully distributed around and there would be patches of white all over :giggling:
I remember I was at his house one day when he woke up from sleep and he walked out into his porch calling " Ya Maimoonah!!! " (his granddaughter) and his Granddaughter came running saying " Haa Ya Jedd!! " (yes Grandfather!! ) and when she saw me there in the porch she got all protective and said " Go!! Dont look at him!! " ;D

The Sheikh had a Pomegranate Tree in his Porch, and everytime there was fruit, he would pick some for the Children and give it out to them :wub:

When I used to go there for lessons, it would still be early morning, and the Sheikh's wives would be preparing breakfast in the kitchen, and then one of them would go and call him, and then he would come out to walk across to the kitchen (it was separated from the house in common badawi style ) and have breakfast there with all three of his wives together :wub: and the children used to peep around the door at him and then his second wife (umm Shu3aib, Safiyyah) would say " Leave the Shaykh to eat in peace!! " and then the Shaikh would say " Haah Haah Ya Safiyyah.....Addi lahum Khubz " ( Now Now Safiyyah.....give them some bread ) :wub: :wub: I was always too shy to go and peep though ;D

There's another funny story about a U.S. ambassador :p

So after 9/11 this man came up to inspect the place......because of course they said that Dammaj was a military camp and a place of training for Jihaadis which was a lie of course :rollseyes . So the Imaam of Dammaj, Sheikh Ahmad al-Wusaabi invited this man over to his house for lunch.
When lunch arrived, it was served in the typical Yemeni style, Trays of Rice with a Whole Chicken on top. So there was one tray for 3 people with the chicken on top. And this American Guy is so rude, He just reaches right over the tray and Picks up the WHOLE chicken and starts eating it for himself........Everyone else was like :uuh: :uuh:
Because now they got no chicken!! :lol:
Talk about rude guests ey? :p

When I remember more I'll post up More Insha'allah :)

Nawal89
10-04-2006, 03:12 PM
I remember once i went to the shop for my mom, And i bumped right into sheikh yahya hafidhahullah. He was buying...aaah lemme see..eggs and tomatoes. I remmeber thinking "He's so pink!" lololol. He's really fair skinned and short too ;D.

umm-sulaim
10-04-2006, 05:54 PM
ooooh wow masha Allah what wonderful thread...

yeah mine are like memories too...

First sheikh i saw was sh.'Ali 'halabee he came to London one time ages ago like 96/97 i went with my mum to his lecture... i was sitting infront of him (there was no screen infront of the shiekh, but there was one between the brothers and sisters) i remember thinking wow can't wait to understand what his sayin all i remember from his lecture was 'kadhaa wa kadhaa', like this and like that....cos he repeated it a lot...

When we were going to Yemen we knew that sh.Abdul Azeez al bura'ee was going to be on the same plane as us...of course we weren't covering our faces lol...so my freind was like ya Allah the sheikh is going to be on the same plane as us...when he stood to pass us on the plane i didn't look away...i was like yaay i saw a sheikh, then we got directions to masjid khayr to prepare our trip to Dammaaj and he was soo kind masha Allah he gave us good advice...none of us knew arabic except my mum then we were like mum what he say!!??
I saw him again in Dammaaj last year in the Ahmed Wasaabi's the imaams house , we were getting drinking water when we saw him...i was sooo happy!!

wassalaam

butterfly+
10-04-2006, 07:55 PM
salams
awe such sweet stories masha'Allah. :)

Mawaddah
10-04-2006, 08:11 PM
LOL

I just remembered this story just now!!!

Ya Allah :giggling:

So we had a garden back in Yemen okay, and we had lots of bee hives in our back yard, like around 50.

So one day my father harvested some sidr honey from our hives....and sidr is like the Best honey in all of Yemen, and it's so delicious Masha'allah :love: , and he also picked some corn and some broccoli from the garden.
Then he said to my brother " Run over to Sheikh Yahya's house and give it to him "
So my brother went to Sheikhs Yahya's house but he wasn't home so he just passed it on to his wife and told her " This is some sidr honey and some corn and broccoli, it's a vegetable from back home " (they dont have broccoli in Yemen)

So the next day my sister saw Sheikh Yahyas wife in the masjid and asked her " So how was the broccoli?" And she replied " The Sheikh didn't like it at all " So my sister said " Well how did you cook it? " And she said " I scraped all the green flowery looking stuff from the top and put it in the pot and then I threw the stalk away "

My sister was like LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :giggling: :giggling:

She just about threw the whole broccoli away!! No wonder the Sheikh didn't like it :p

Okay it's a very lame story I know but I just remembered it just now and it seemed so funny then :D :D

umm-sulaim
10-04-2006, 10:27 PM
LOol maw.....aw mash Allah not lame at all...Allah ya7fadhik

you reminded me bout sh.Yahya hafidhahu Allah in ramadhan we invited him iftaar one time so the sheikh and the men sat in the guest room seperate from the other part of the house,
when they left we asked 'ammee did he like the food? he said yes especially the custard and he (sheikh) said yaaaa rabb you're samosa's are sooo big, after 2 you don't even need to eat anymore...
('masha Allah kubaaar ba3d thintayn ma ta7ataju ila mazeed')

another time we went to take a letter to the shiekhs house and the front part of his house ws being fixed....so we were told to go round the back, and we didn't know how to get in from the back of the house then iwe saw one of the shop owners daughters (dukan hassan lol) and i said 'ya bint wayn bayt asheikh, wheres the shiekhs house' she said hana hana and pointed to a door...and then as i knocked i heard bismillah udkhlu udkhlu..in the name of Allah enter enter.....it was the sheikh in his study...masha Allah he was sitting on the floor with what seemed like a sea of books around him, and he was looking down with the imaamah/turban covering his eyes...

wassalaam

Dhulqarnaeen
10-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Woooooww...masha Allah, from the beginning I knew you all guys will tell us some great stories :eek: . Masha Allah, I almost crying remembering sheikh Muqbil, as if I ever see him my self. Rahimahullah. And Syaikh Muqbil have three wifes in one house? :uuh: Wow...masha ALlah...thats hard.
And who have the stories with shuyukh Saudi? :?
And Umm Sulaim, you ever saw syaikh Ali Halabi? I remember when he came to Jakarta for the muhadharoh, what a great memory too :cry: . I was one of the even organization that time. There were syaikh Ali Al Halabi, he is the greatest student of syaikh Albani in ilmu hadith, and then syaikh Musa Alu Nashr, He is great in tafseer and ulumul quran, And syaikh Salim bin Ied Al Hilaly, he is very expert in deviate sects and history, and syaikh Mashur bin Hasan bin salman who is expert in Fiqh. But all of them expert in hadith of ocurse just syaikh Ali is the most alim I heard, Allahu A'lam. And they talked about the terorist attack and how a muslim should behave about this.
I also guarded them when they spoke in the masjid (Its masjid Istiqlal Jakarta Indonesia, the biggest masjid in south east Asia). And I had to be security too sometimes, cause thousands people came and lot of them were egnorance adn they just dont care about mixing with women. So I had to separate between men and women, and it should be strict.
And we gave the shuyukh some modern drinks, such as sprite and pepsi :D So the hizby of political parties can see "look...even the sheikh drink pepsi"...lol, cause you know right these political people say its haram to drink/eat somethings that made by non muslim. Its not right, cause in muamalah its still ok and the shuyukh drank it. And the speech were awesome, the sound of syaikh Ali so strong and heavy, and theyre all so fasiih in speaking arabic, masha Allah hafidhahumullah.
And when theyre about leaving to Jordan I had chance to come with the asatudhah to say goodbye to them in the hotel. Alhamdulillah, I have chance to shake their hands and hold them, and all what they said just "hayakallah, jazakallah khair ..etc" and all the dua. They full of smiles and very kind. And all are big men :D . Thats a lovely memories...I miss them masha Allah. If only I could speak arabic :cry:

Dhulqarnaeen
10-05-2006, 02:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
LOL

I just remembered this story just now!!!

Ya Allah :giggling:

So we had a garden back in Yemen okay, and we had lots of bee hives in our back yard, like around 50.

So one day my father harvested some sidr honey from our hives....and sidr is like the Best honey in all of Yemen, and it's so delicious Masha'allah :love: , and he also picked some corn and some broccoli from the garden.
Then he said to my brother " Run over to Sheikh Yahya's house and give it to him "
So my brother went to Sheikhs Yahya's house but he wasn't home so he just passed it on to his wife and told her " This is some sidr honey and some corn and broccoli, it's a vegetable from back home " (they dont have broccoli in Yemen)

So the next day my sister saw Sheikh Yahyas wife in the masjid and asked her " So how was the broccoli?" And she replied " The Sheikh didn't like it at all " So my sister said " Well how did you cook it? " And she said " I scraped all the green flowery looking stuff from the top and put it in the pot and then I threw the stalk away "

My sister was like LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :giggling: :giggling:

She just about threw the whole broccoli away!! No wonder the Sheikh didn't like it :p

Okay it's a very lame story I know but I just remembered it just now and it seemed so funny then :D :D
Hahaha...so funny sis :D . Maybe he never taste cheeseburger too maybe yee? :D You should cook for him lah, since he never saw a brocoli before :D

Dhulqarnaeen
10-05-2006, 03:03 AM
And I remember when my friend, wanna make a video HOW to do hijamah (blood cupping) with sheikh Musa Alu Nashr. He is expert in medical healing too. And when he came to the masjid, he asked our ustadh wether the sheikh is resting and able to be interviewed. And ustadh told him taht the sheikh is resting now and may not be disturbed. And then my friend niii so naughty :D . He was like "I know sheikh Musa, I massaged him sometimes, and I often talk wit him" :D And he silently with his friend went to the sheikh room and knocked the door softly "yaa sheikh..yaa sheikh...you sleep already?". And the sheikh came out, and he didnt objection to be interviewed. And then he taught how to do the right hijamah. Masha Allah he is so expert and so steril in doing it. The video is made and sold now. Is great videos masha Allah. If someone interested can contact me insha Allah. :) And after that. the ustadh who forbid my friend to meet the sheikh upset when he knew they still wen to the sheikh, but in the end he told my friend "I must be the first person who have the video...share it ok" :D .
The shuyukh are so kind masha Allah :cry:

Dhulqarnaeen
10-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Ooh I remember when syaikh Asy Syuraim came to Indonesia, and he gave khutbah jumuah and lead the prayer, masha Allah his voice just so great, as if we were praying in masjidil haram Meccah. But whats is humuliatin was, right after the salah jumuah, and then the sheikh face the jamaah (Its sunnah right). And he read the dhikr, and then step by step these egnorants move forward to the sheikh, step by step, inch by inch :D . And the sheikh seemed lke he realized what would happen. He looked curious. And started by one man who walked forward to kiss his forehead, then thousands people following. And the sheikh straigh away ran to the stairs, and the jamaah ran after him. While the sheikh stepped on the stairs EVEN theres some men who was pulling his jubah :rant: Its so asshame. Cause in Indonesia, there are a lot of people who believe that the sheikh have barokah if they can kiss him, or have something from him. Even when they go to meccah they will cut the curtain of ka'bah and make it as Jimah :( Syirk. And some of them take the soil of Meccah. So silly
While the sheikh pulled I was just looked from far. I coldnt do anything, just I feel so asshame. And its happened too when sheikh As Sudais came to Indonesia, he was aftered by the crowd too :D . But when the students of syaikh Albani rahimahullah came to gove muhadharoh, we didnt let them to touch the shuyukh, and the security so tight alhamdulillah.
And on august, came sheikh Sulaiman, syaikh Ibrahim Ar Ruhaily, Syaikh Ibn Abdulmuhsin al Abbad from Medinah. Theyre all scholars of Saudi. And I couldnt make it to see them... :cry:. My ustadh said I can see them again next year...insha Allah

BlissfullyJaded
10-05-2006, 03:21 AM

Wow, such sweet and lovely stories. :wub: :cry:

:happy: @ the broccoli. So cute. hehe

i_m_tipu
10-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Iand we had lots of bee hives in our back yard, like around 50.

so Sheikh Muqbil said " Khayr Insha'allah, let me ask you a question, Where is your Anf (nose) ? "
My Brother was very confused because he had no idea what "Anf" was at that time and so he just took a random guess and pointed to his back , Needless to say the whole congregation began laughing, and the Sheikh said " Khalaas Khalaas, Give the Bunay a little time and he will soon speak Arabic perfectly "
hahahahhahahahahahha.............................. ......

sis Mawaddah kool..

umm-sulaim
10-07-2006, 10:32 AM
yeah bro dhul i saw sh. Halabee hafidhahu Allah, but it was a few years back.

I remember one time on the way to the masjid to pray maghrib, we saw sh.Yahya hafidhahu Allah and he had his horraas with him, i remember he said bismillah...then him and his gurads waited to let me pass i was like oh wow...

Also qadr Allah i didn't meet sh.Muqbil rahimahu Allah, but one day i went into his private library that he left for the sisters to use, i saw his wife umm shuaib, and she called me yaa..... ta3alay (come) so i did, and she said you always talk about wanting to see the sheikh , look here and she said haaa and she showed me a picture os sh.Muqbil, it was from a newspaper, but masha Allah he was sooo handsome, and i told her innahu hasan jidddan...then she said o' but this was when he was sick...masha Allah, Allah blessed him with beauty.

Also the sheikhah the daughter of sheikh muqbil hafidhaha Allah had made a little speech for the sisters on eid day, so we went to her to spend time with her, during this she began coughing so my freind got up and started patting her on the back...the sheikhah was like startled...then she started laughing...she said 3adatukum ghareebah (your traditiond are strange) lol, we don't pat anyone on the back if they cough, we just wait till they finish...and she started laughing some more....

wassalaam

S_87
10-07-2006, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
I remember once i went to the shop for my mom, And i bumped right into sheikh yahya hafidhahullah. He was buying...aaah lemme see..eggs and tomatoes. I remmeber thinking "He's so pink!" lololol. He's really fair skinned and short too ;D.

:lol: you all nosey :giggling:

man im loving these stories! theyre all so cool. keep them coming inshaAllah! :happy:

Mawaddah
10-07-2006, 10:48 AM
the sheikhah was like startled...then she started laughing...she said 3adatukum ghareebah (your traditiond are strange) lol, we don't pat anyone on the back if they cough, we just wait till they finish...and she started laughing some more....

^^ Awww Masha'allah :wub: she was surprised when you started patting her on the back? that's so sweet :giggling:

And yes Sheikh Muqbil had a lovely face, and he had a very kind fatherly look on him :love: and Sheikh Yahya also is a handsome man!! and he looks very kind also Subhanallah :wub:..............Aaaah........talking about these Shuyukh of mine just fill me with fondness and love for them and their knowledge :'( May Allah bless them Ameen.....

I remember whenever Sheikh Yahya used to give the Eid Khutbah, He used to have his eldest daughter standing next to him, and I used to be like oh masha'allah that's so sweet....

And Sheikh Yahya had a truck, it was a white Toyota truck and he used to drive it to the Masjid everytime it was time to give classes. And so since there are so few cars in Dammaj,everyone wants to catch a ride with whoever has a car :giggling:. And my brother was so naughty, he would wait at the edge of a corner with his other friends to wait until Sheikh Yahya's truck pulled out and then they would run after it and hop on in the back, without even asking permission :rollseyes
So one day, I think the Sheikh realized that they were waiting for him, so he took off really really quickly!! and all the boys started yelling and speeding after the truck also, but after a little while the Sheikh stopped the truck and let the boys climb onto the back and then he called out to my Brother " Ya____ What would your father say if he knew you were jumping up on my truck all the time without permission? You're such a naughty boy you know? " And he was acting as if he was angry with my brother....but then the Sheikh relaxed and laughed and then patted my brother on the head and told him no problem, He can jump on his truck anytime, he'll just have to race and see if he can catch it first :D :D

amirah_87
10-07-2006, 01:30 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

SubhanAllah those are some good stories you guys put up here!! :lol:

Lol I remember once .. me and Umm Sulayman were going from our house to the masjid after lunch... So we were locking up our house and all..when all these men pass by "one in the middle" and a group around him with their guns!!
Me and Umm Sulayman took one look :eek:, said :" Pshhhhhttt!! who is that guy? and who does think he is? with all those armed men around him!! :rollseyes
Then A Lil girl came running up to us and started to scream and jump saying: "Look Look It's Shiekh Yahya!!"

:hiding: :hiding:

- Nawal and Mawaddah.. did Umm Salamah ever show you guys the hand marks shiekh Muqbil left on the Maktabah ceiling??
He used to jump and touch this specific place every time that it got stained.. he was really fit for his age MashaAllah used to race with his wives and all!! SubhanAllah.. Allah Yarhamhu!!

Mawaddah
10-07-2006, 08:22 PM
^ Sheikh Muqbil Jumping? Just the thought of it shocks me :giggling: Nooooooooo I've never seen it and I never knew :'( :'(

And he used to race with his wives? :eek: But....where? In the outside porch? :D Masha'allah that's so cool!! he must've been so fit then!!

You guys weren't there when he got married to Umm Salamah his third wife were you guys? :? Yeah well it was a biiiiig celebration in Dammaj and it sounded like there was war going on~!! Because just about everyone who had a gun was shooting and shooting into the air and it was practically raiiiining Bullets Subhanallah, quite scary though :confused:

Nawal89
10-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Umm salamahs wedding was the best. My brother said taht on that Day the sheikh took the students to his fruit feilds to pick fruits. He came back with a whole bucket of grapes! MashaAllah.

umm-sulaim
10-08-2006, 09:26 AM
NO Mawaddah we were'nt there when Sh.Muqbil married umm Salamah, we came a month after the death of the sheikh Muqbil rahmatu Allah alayh

Yeah masha Allah, when Sh.Yahya hafidhau Allah married umm Shuaib, there was a real lively jibe about the village, everyone was happy masha Allah...the dammaaji's did the usual shooting at night....but masha Allah people came from all the surrounding villages for the wedding...it was very nice masha Allah

wassalaam

amirah_87
10-08-2006, 09:44 AM
As Salaamu alaykum,

Yeah Mawaddah he used to race with them on the outside porch/courtyard
!

Okay If anyone wants to put their experiences up please do, I feel like this place is being turnt into one of our Lil' Yemeni escapdes things again!! :embarrass :D

Wa BarakAllaahu Feekum :peace:

Mohsin
10-08-2006, 11:57 AM
There was once a man in pakistan who kept a dog and took his dog everywhere he went. A maulana heard about this and went to warn the brother that it is not appropriate to have a dog.
The brother who owned the dog then replied, "Maulana sahib I know what you mean, but there's a hadith of the prophet SAW that an angel won't enter the house where there is a dog or a picture".
The maulana replied "Then why do you have a dog!"
The brother replied "This way the angel of death won't come near me!"
But the maulana was not to be outwitted, he replied "The angel of death will come for your dog first, then you!:D "

amirah_87
10-08-2006, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohsin
There was once a man in pakistan who kept a dog and took his god everywhere he went. A maulana heard about this and went to warn the brother that it is not appropriate to have a dog.
The brother who owned the dog then replied, "Maulana sahib I know what you mean, but there's a hadith of the prophet SAW that an angel won't enter the house where there is a dog or a picture".
But the maulana was not to be outwitted, he replied "The angel of death will come for your dog first, then you!:D "
As Salaamu alaykum,

Lol!! :D me and my sisters used to think the same when we were young and keep pictures lying around!!

Dhulqarnaeen
10-09-2006, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohsin
There was once a man in pakistan who kept a dog and took his dog everywhere he went. A maulana heard about this and went to warn the brother that it is not appropriate to have a dog.
:D :D :D Im laughing here. First I was laugh because of the reason was so silly ;D and then the replied so clever :D. How if the brother death cause of biten by his own dog?

Dhulqarnaeen
10-09-2006, 01:54 AM
^^ Awww Masha'allah :wub: she was surprised when you started patting her on the back? that's so sweet :giggling:

And yes Sheikh Muqbil had a lovely face, and he had a very kind fatherly look on him :love: and Sheikh Yahya also is a handsome man!! and he looks very kind also Subhanallah :wub:..............Aaaah........talking about these Shuyukh of mine just fill me with fondness and love for them and their knowledge :'( May Allah bless them Ameen.....

I remember whenever Sheikh Yahya used to give the Eid Khutbah, He used to have his eldest daughter standing next to him, and I used to be like oh masha'allah that's so sweet....

And Sheikh Yahya had a truck, it was a white Toyota truck and he used to drive it to the Masjid everytime it was time to give classes. And so since there are so few cars in Dammaj,everyone wants to catch a ride with whoever has a car :giggling:. And my brother was so naughty, he would wait at the edge of a corner with his other friends to wait until Sheikh Yahya's truck pulled out and then they would run after it and hop on in the back, without even asking permission :rollseyes
So one day, I think the Sheikh realized that they were waiting for him, so he took off really really quickly!! and all the boys started yelling and speeding after the truck also, but after a little while the Sheikh stopped the truck and let the boys climb onto the back and then he called out to my Brother " Ya____ What would your father say if he knew you were jumping up on my truck all the time without permission? You're such a naughty boy you know? " And he was acting as if he was angry with my brother....but then the Sheikh relaxed and laughed and then patted my brother on the head and told him no problem, He can jump on his truck anytime, he'll just have to race and see if he can catch it first :D :D
Ooh..yes yes, why in arabian country the cars always in black or white? :rollseyes Also in Saudi also. Is it because of particular reason?

Dhulqarnaeen
10-09-2006, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
Umm salamahs wedding was the best. My brother said taht on that Day the sheikh took the students to his fruit feilds to pick fruits. He came back with a whole bucket of grapes! MashaAllah.
Maybe in Yemen, more bullets were shot then the more better the wedding yee? :D If I marry there I will shot a bazooka then !

Dhulqarnaeen
10-09-2006, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
NO Mawaddah we were'nt there when Sh.Muqbil married umm Salamah, we came a month after the death of the sheikh Muqbil rahmatu Allah alayh

Yeah masha Allah, when Sh.Yahya hafidhau Allah married umm Shuaib, there was a real lively jibe about the village, everyone was happy masha Allah...the dammaaji's did the usual shooting at night....but masha Allah people came from all the surrounding villages for the wedding...it was very nice masha Allah

wassalaam
How many wifes sheikh Yahya have by now?
And sis mawaddah, sheikh Muqbil have three wifes and life in the same house isnt it? Mmm...lol...yes sheikh rahimahullah must be so fit in his kinda age right cause he was racing with all of his wifes and win them all :D . And he could jump that high?!? :uuh: He could be a basketball player you know :eek: How high is the ceiling?
Is there any of sheikh Muqbils wife who marry again after the sheikh wafat?
And sis mawaddah...Allahu a'lam about the story of sheikh Muqbil ruqyah in eid, I heard the story like that :? or maybe I mistaken, Allahu A'lam.

Nawal89
10-09-2006, 09:24 AM
well shiekh muqbil had three wives...one of them passed away whilst he was still alive rahimahallah -umm abdurrahman. She was the eldest and such a sweet woman. She used to kiss us when we went to her house for class :love: She died from cancer. May Allah bless her Ameen.

Umm salamah and umm shu3ayb both remarried, Umm salamah recently and umm shu3ayb a year i think after his death, i'm not too sure.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.