- Wanna get rid of the built up grease
- Wanna get rid of the nasty black heads and unblock those clogged up pores'

Nah - I ain't describing a woman
- Seriously - I'm describing one who claims to be a man

If you're able, then grow a beard

A beard doesn't and won't stop you from having fun
It won't come in you way
And you can still cleanse your pretty face
You can continue - As always - to pop your spots and unclog those blocked up pores

Why you wanna flaunt your looks
Don't you see - That the beard veils your beauty
It's the beard that makes you healthy, clean and pure
The beard makes you shine
It's the beard that makes you a man

Dudes - If you’re able then grow a beard

Compare your days -
Days with and without a beard
Bet your thinking
'Man I wish I had grown a beard back in those days'

Brothers, whom you do not know
Approach you
They give their Salaam and comment on your beard
'Bruv that’s PHAT - Totally heavy'

Have you noticed that with a beard:
- You gain so much more respect
- You’re recognised as a Muslim Man
- You make a lot more friends
- Your heart, mind, body and soul fill up with delight and joy
- Your face shines with Noor
- You feel different, you feel clean and pure
- People stare - But you just don't care

So cleanse you mind
Make a Niyaa’
Don't Be a Gurly Man
Grow a Beard
Sit down,
Stroke your beard

And tell me
'Do You Feel Like a Woman or a Man?'

By: - Umm Musab al-Gharib -

WaSalam AuAlaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuhu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Carpe Diem
10-03-2006, 07:37 PM
:sl:
haha this is funny but true I like this and can relate, i always had a beard but a thinned out one, since ramadhan began tho i decided to actually grow my beard and its gettin thick and I agree with the poem, it feels sooo much better to have a beard, when i first started growin everytime i looked in the mirror i couldnt stop smilin :D lol Im glad i did start growin it
thanx for this lol
Ma'a salaama

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-03-2006, 07:39 PM
looool

'Bruv that’s PHAT - Totally heavy'

rofll, datz jokes!

Pk_#2
10-03-2006, 07:41 PM
LOL read dis b4 on haqa i fink :)

hehe made me laugh, tis sweet ini

urm bruv mashaAllah, gd-un

AsalamuAlaykum all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
learningislam
10-03-2006, 08:00 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Salamah

Have you noticed that with a beard:
- You gain so much more respect
- You make a lot more friends

i dont agree with the benefits mentioned above.......
i mean........brothers dont keep beard to gain more respect....neither they want more friends just by keeping the beard .......:uuh:

Its basically......following the sunnah.......right.
Its just like , when you love somebody, intentionally as well as unintentionally.........you try to be like your beloved. You take care of what he likes and dislikes.
So as the love of our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) grows stronger in our hearts.......we are more likely to go for what he did. i.e.following his teachings.

I hope i sound clear....

anyways.......the rest of the poem was nice

:wasalamex

Protected_Diamond
10-03-2006, 08:03 PM

Know what you saying sister, but maybe Umm Musab al-Gharib meant respect from non-muslims.

Allah knows best :)

:w:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
10-03-2006, 08:04 PM
u myt get respect 4rm some brother hu aint got a beard.. mayb? dunno

mayb not as mch 4rm non muslims ^o)

InToTheRain
10-03-2006, 08:14 PM

Reasons To keep beard

1) For the love of the prophet(SAW) - I felt ashamed saying I admired him the most and not trying what I can to have appearances like how he advised.

2) Due to 1), felt Guilty of saying I love the prophet(SAW) and cutting the beard. I tried the Craig David, I knew it wasn't enough, I knew its not what distinguished me from the kaffirs.

3) I heard Allah(SWT) is pleased with those that seek to please him by displeasing the kaffirs.And Subahan-allah, so many other benefits to keeping the beard.

4) I wanted to distinguish my self from the People of Lut(AS).

:w:

Kittygyal
10-03-2006, 08:28 PM
salam.
mashallah sweet Post && Carpie Diem mashallah you kept a beard keep it up Akhi && also WnbslaveOfAllah Shukran for that detail :)
w.salam

------
04-29-2008, 01:48 PM
:salamext:

*BUMP

LOL nice one ;D

Snowflake
04-29-2008, 06:32 PM
....And you can still cleanse your pretty face
...Sit down,
...Stroke your beard
lolz these lines made me chuckle.. seriously beards are just subhanAllah, alhumdulillah, mashaAllah!

I told my son (aged 10) that it'll be wonderful if he never shaved his beard when it grows. It won't be long. MashaAllah I can see lil dark fluff beginning to appear on his upper lip already. I'm getting him ready mentally lol!

Usayd
05-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Sorry to say I really did not like that poem.

A beard is not a priority for a Muslim man, it is a sunnah which means it is optional. I am far greater concerned by the fact that so many of us fail to uphold the basics of our faith (praying daily, the 5 pillars etc) than the fact that some Muslim men choose not to wear a beard. Furthermore, the fact that this is written by a sister 'telling men to have a beard' is quite frightful. If a man were to write a rant at sisters to wear hijab, im sure there would be an outcry. It's a lot easier to judge others than to hold ourselves to account.

I have a beard but it doesn't make me any better a Muslim. Allah looks not at how you look, but what is in your heart. I know that doesn't mean you can just be immodest in your appearance, but it sure does say a lot about getting your priorities right.

mutlib
05-05-2008, 09:02 PM
haha

lolz i really like this one

Güven
05-05-2008, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Usayd

A beard is not a priority for a Muslim man, it is a sunnah which means it is optional. I am far greater concerned by the fact that so many of us fail to uphold the basics of our faith (praying daily, the 5 pillars etc) than the fact that some Muslim men choose not to wear a beard. Furthermore, the fact that this is written by a sister 'telling men to have a beard' is quite frightful. If a man were to write a rant at sisters to wear hijab, im sure there would be an outcry. It's a lot easier to judge others than to hold ourselves to account.

I have a beard but it doesn't make me any better a Muslim. Allah looks not at how you look, but what is in your heart. I know that doesn't mean you can just be immodest in your appearance, but it sure does say a lot about getting your priorities right.
So True :)

MustafaMc
05-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Following the Sunnah is not "optional" if one wants to obey the Messenger of Allah.

Quran 24:52 Only those who obey Allah and His Rasool, have fear of Allah and do good deeds, are the ones who will be the winners.

Quran 3:131-132 Guard yourself against the Fire which is prepared for the unbelievers. Obey Allah and His Rasool so that you may find mercy.

Quran 4:64 We did not send any Rasool but to be obeyed by Allah's leave. If they would have come to you when they had wronged themselves to seek Allah's forgiveness and if the Rasool had also asked Allah's forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah Forgiving, Merciful.

Quran 4:80 Anyone who obeys the Rasool, in fact, obeys Allah. As for those who pay no heed, they should know that We have not sent you as a taskmaster over them.

Quran 47:33 O believers! Obey Allah and obey His Rasool, and do not let your deeds come to nothing.

Quran 8:20-21 O believers! Obey Allah and his Rasool and do not turn your back to him, now that you have heard all. Do not be like those who say: "We hear," but give no heed to what they hear.

Leaving the beard to grow is clearly an example of being obedient to Prophet Muhammad.

Al-Bukhari 7.781 Allah's Apostle said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

Al-Bukhari 7.780 Narrated Nafi: Ibn Umar said: The Prophet said, "Do the opposite of what the pagans do. Keep the beards and cut the moustaches short." Whenever Ibn 'Umar performed the Hajj or 'Umra, he used to hold his beard with his hand and cut whatever moustaches. Ibn Umar used to cut his moustache so short that the whiteness of his skin (above the upper lip) was visible, and he used to cut (the hair) between his moustaches and his beard.

Usayd
05-06-2008, 09:00 PM
If following the sunnah is not optional, do you ride a camel to work?

Güven
05-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Lol:D

Snowflake
05-09-2008, 09:13 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Riding a camel has no benefits except that it was a means of conveyance in those times and suited to the climate - neither did the Prophet (PBUH) say we should ride a camel. But he did tell muslims to keep the beard and trim the mouch. The Quran says that the Prophet said nothing from himself but everything he said was divinely inspired. Therefore if the Prophet said to keep the beard then that is what Allah wants muslims to do.

The beard is also a badge of a muslim male. Muslims are supposed to greet each other by saying salam. How can we tell if a clean-shaven man is muslim or not? We can't. The doubt is enough to stop one from saying salam. So the one benefit of having beard is immeditely apparent from this. See how this one sunnah is intricately linked with another.

People will do what they will, but remember that by leaving one sunnah out you are jeopardizing another.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

------
05-09-2008, 12:15 PM

Yo bo

A beard is WAAJIB

------
05-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Dont kill it.

aamirsaab
05-09-2008, 01:24 PM
My beard makes me look like the human reincarnation of snarf from thundercats.

Inshallah, It will, with a little shaving, look proper. Sort of like prince of persia style.

Al-Zaara
05-09-2008, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
The beard is also a badge of a muslim male. Muslims are supposed to greet each other by saying salam. How can we tell if a clean-shaven man is muslim or not? We can't. The doubt is enough to stop one from saying salam. So the one benefit of having beard is immeditely apparent from this. See how this one sunnah is intricately linked with another.
The funny thing about this is that many non Muslims aswell tend to have a beard, many Jews have and for example those funny hippies I see daily have too. Real Sheikh-like beards. :D They usually dress like any other, sometimes even quite Islamic, and based on the fact they've got a beard would you say salam? :giggle: This is a dilemma some might find, innit.

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
My beard makes me look like the human reincarnation of snarf from thundercats.

Inshallah, It will, with a little shaving, look proper. Sort of like prince of persia style.

HAHAHAHAAA LoooooOLLL BROTher u crack me up!!! Looooooooooooll hehe

@ topic...

Beard is Waajib people
Just like hijab (dont even try debating plz!!)
Beard is just like hijab
sistas wher hijab
and brothers wear ...i mean grow a beard
not that hard to understand ...:?
plus is it gna kill ya?

oh and @ whoevr posted the thin bout camels..riding camels is not a waajib.

Jazakallah khair
WaSalaam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2008, 07:42 PM
bro usayd you are now obligated to prove that its sunnah.

here is my proof of it being wajib

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ing-beard.html

http://www.readislamicbooks.com/idx....-is-Wajib.html

^ this proves it to be waajib!

MustafaMc
05-10-2008, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I live in an area where there are very few Muslims. On the rare occasion that I see a hijabi Muslimah in a marketplace or when I am traveling it brings joy to my heart to see such courage and strength of faith. Right or wrong, I very often extend the Islamic greeting to sisters-in-faith when I have the chance. My wife and I actually met a very dear Muslim family from Turkey at a carnival for kids in this very manner.

Sadly, not enough brothers follow the Sunnah of wearing a beard such that a man with a beard and short mustache is assumed to be Muslim. Actually, where I live there are quite a few Mennonite Christians who religiously wear a beard. http://bibleviews.com/holdeman.html "In addition to simplicity in dress, we believe men should wear a beard, and Christian women should wear the devotional head-covering."

Usayd
05-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Firstly I'd like to say that on matters where there are difference of opinion, it is better not to state the opinion you follow as though it is 'the only way'. This is what creates unnecessary disputes between muslims that are now so very rife. It is better to accept the difference as a positive diversity within Islam.

The two sources of the Shari`ah - the Qur'an and the Sunnah - are silent as far as the matter of beard is concerned....

There are however, a few narratives of the Prophet (pbuh) in this regard. The directives in these narratives refer to particular and specific contexts. For instance, if the Prophet (pbuh) saw some deviances in this nature of man or where a particular style of beard was wrongly held to be divinely ordained, the Prophet (pbuh) gave the ascribed remarks to correct the concept. It is primarily in such contexts that the Prophet (pbuh) gave the ascribed directives regarding beard. It is not the Shari`ah that is explained in such narratives, but the directive to adhere to the nature on which God has created man. It should be remembered that one of the primary teachings of the prophets of is to bring man to the path that his nature has prescribed for him....

Nevertheless, because the issue is not one based on any express directives of the Shari`ah, there can be a difference of opinion in this regard.
Anyway, I don't think this is worthy of lengthy discussion, rather I would say that the priority of a beard in relation to other Islamic practise (such as the behaviour and character of a Muslim) is not high. Again I would emphasise the fact that it is extremely wrong for one to judge another Muslim on such factors.

Those who are making a comparison between the beard and the hijab are wrong, as the Hijab (for male and female) is mentioned in the Qur'an and is part of Shari'ah but the beard is a matter of narration where no direct ruling is given.

MustafaMc
05-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Which parts of the hadiths quoted below do you think are "my opinion"?

http://muttaqun.com/beard.html
Beard
According to Quran and Sunnah
WWW.MUTTAQUN.COM

Hadith - Bukhari 7:781, Narrated Ibn 'Umar

Allah's Apostle

said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated AbuHurayrah

The Messenger of Allah

said: Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers.

Hadith - Bukhari 9:651, Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri
The Prophet

said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible)." The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards)." (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

Hadith - Muwatta 51.7
Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam that Ata ibn Yasar told him that the Messenger of Allah

was in the mosque when a man came in with dishevelled hair and beard. The Messenger of Allah

motioned with his hand that he should be sent out to groom his hair and beard. The man did so and then returned. The Messenger of Allah

said, "Isn't this better than that one of you should come with his head dishevelled, as if he were a shaytan?"

IbnAbdulHakim
05-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Those who are making a comparison between the beard and the hijab are wrong, as the Hijab (for male and female) is mentioned in the Qur'an and is part of Shari'ah but the beard is a matter of narration where no direct ruling is given.
i urge you to look into what all four madhaahibs and most respected ulaama of the past said in regards to this.

and then if you still come to the same conclusion then laa hawla wa laa quwwata illah billah...

Usayd
05-11-2008, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i urge you to look into what all four madhaahibs and most respected ulaama of the past said in regards to this.

and then if you still come to the same conclusion then laa hawla wa laa quwwata illah billah...
Please, don't say things like that without reason. It's called over-reacting :)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Please, don't say things like that without reason. It's called over-reacting :)
lol i dont see where ive over-reacted :?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.