/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Show us your Photography skills!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

shuraimfan4lyf
06-08-2010, 09:39 PM
ok thanks..cool pics..did you take them??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
06-08-2010, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
ok thanks..cool pics..did you take them??
Yes I did. I took them with my phone.

waji
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM

waji
06-09-2010, 04:06 PM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
06-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Nice pictures, but the images are very large, try to re-size them. or maybe its my computer :?

format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
The countryside somewhere between London and Bristol.
MashaAllah amazing places!! subhanAllah!!

Snowflake
06-09-2010, 05:13 PM
They are large ukht. I can even see a lil insect in one.

Fuaadh
06-09-2010, 05:34 PM
^^^^^^^^^
I cant see the pics sis, there's loads of talent here!

shuraimfan4lyf
06-09-2010, 05:36 PM
hmm, All the pictures are coming out soo large on this thread..Even when I lowered the size of my pictures, it still came out really big. :/

Woodrow
06-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Monday and Tuesday we were down in Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska and 2 of The South Dakota Reservations. We took a few pictures down in Nebraska, Here are some:

Periwinkle18
06-11-2010, 11:27 AM
wow subhanAllah gr8 pics

جوري
06-11-2010, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Monday and Tuesday we were down in Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska and 2 of The South Dakota Reservations. We took a few pictures down in Nebraska, Here are some:

Oh my God bro. Woodrow it is the teletubby compound.. you've stumbled upon the teletubbies and didn't eradicate those satanists?

aadil77
06-11-2010, 04:54 PM
A few random pics from my phone

London Central Mosque

It has a courtyard with people selling stuff - not very common anymore

Inside is not as big as I thought it would be

View from Roseberry Topping - North Yorkshire, you can see the coast and some ships

Looks like a mountain but you can conquer it in about 10 mins

I can never get a decent pic of the moon

The pic doesn't do it justice, but this was like some heavenly sunset - right in the middle of clouds

Sunset from garden

Woods - As much as I wanted to I wouldn't dare go into them at night

S<Chowdhury
06-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Niceee Pics Bro though the pics are EXTRA EXTRA Large had to zoom out to see it in all its glory :P

aadil77
06-11-2010, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Niceee Pics Bro though the pics are EXTRA EXTRA Large had to zoom out to see it in all its glory :P
yh im gonna sort that out

Asiyah3
06-11-2010, 05:24 PM
:sl:
Nice pics.

glo
06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Today we had a visitor to our garden. A baby jackdaw - very curious and friendly, and with beautiful blue eyes!
Although he was able to feed himself, he could not fully fly yet.
We took him to a wildlife place, where they will keep him until he can fend for himself and fly away from danger.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Some awesome sunsets.

not exactly sunset but getting close to it.

the moon's up there somewhere.

the following sunsets were just brilliant, expect the camera didn't really capture the color all that well

Ummu Sufyaan
06-19-2010, 12:28 PM
some nice flowers

Woodrow
06-19-2010, 12:47 PM
All you are going to get from me these days are horses or cats. So I snagged a picture my wife took:

Soulja Girl
06-19-2010, 08:48 PM

@ Ramlah, breathtakin pics! Fa tabarakallah ahsanul khaaliqeen.. :).. x

:wa:

Al Qabayli
06-19-2010, 09:44 PM
as-salamu `alaykum

The pictures are very beautiful !! mashaAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
06-21-2010, 06:46 AM

Danah
06-21-2010, 11:31 AM
^ amazing pictures u posted sis mashaAllah

aadil77
06-26-2010, 08:09 PM

my phones not too good at dark pics

Masuma
06-26-2010, 09:37 PM
this one was just taken at random, nothing great about it. :-\

But kitty photography allowed here? ;D

Masuma
06-26-2010, 09:58 PM
just look at all the above pictures, they are amazing!!! :D

And why mine is just so HUGE? :(

:D

Misz_Muslimah
06-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Wow mashallah..some veryy beautiful photos :)

Mikayeel
07-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Salams! Some pics from my uncles farm in sudan, enjoy!

photophp?pid1412928&ampid1378495916 -

photophp?pid1412930&ampid1378495916 -

photophp?pid1412934&ampid1378495916 -

Woodrow
07-31-2010, 04:37 PM
This is 21st Street here in Zeeland ND. Although I pass by it daily when I got out to check on the horses. It was just yesterday I realized how pretty it is and decided to take some pictures. Needless to say the road is best suited for horseback or 4 wheel drive vehicles. The water is actually only about 10-12 inches deep, but the road is quite soft and easy to get bogged down in. I generally go by horse when I go down this road.

glo
07-31-2010, 05:11 PM
^
What do you mean by 'road'?? :uuh:
That's not a road, that's a river!

Woodrow
07-31-2010, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Wow, that road looks so pretty! Lovely pics, Unc. Can't you pass that road by walk?
That particular road is mainly just for access to pasture land. It extends about 25 miles and ends there are no homes on it just horse and cattle pasture. Good place for horse riding, no need for any automobiles to go down it. The next passable road is a few miles to the north of it. That is the road I drive down to get to the horses, if I am in the car. I only go down this one one horseback.

Woodrow
07-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Just a few things I came across while walking around in the pasture, looking for the horses.

This is what happened when I told these guys I was taking them to MacDonalds for lunch

This is what happened when I told them they were going to be the Lunch

I don't know who owns the cows, they are in the adjacent pasture to our horses and just got nosey when they saw me.

~Raindrop~
07-31-2010, 10:11 PM
MashaAllah, your horses are so very beautiful, Uncle Woodrow
I wish we had a farm :(

Alpha Dude
07-31-2010, 11:49 PM
I wish we had a farm :(
Same.

Would be awesome to just retire to somewhere peaceful like where unc Woodrow is.

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Same.

Would be awesome to just retire to somewhere peaceful like where unc Woodrow is.

It has a high price to live out in the boonies.

NO PIZZA DELIVERY

~Raindrop~
08-01-2010, 12:16 AM
But surely all farmhands can just make their own (very organic) pizza?

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 03:19 AM
A storm just rolled through right after my last post. Being Zeeland we lost electricity for a couple of hours. But when the storm ended we had this:

I guess it was worth a few hours without electricity to see one of the prettiest sights in nature.

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 04:43 AM
Just trying a video. It is poor quality, skips and stops and the sound is horrible. There was a distant storm taking place and the background noise is quite loud, turn down your volumn unless you like the sound of wind and thunder.

Anyhow if it works here are 3 horses Esaad, Allie and Brandy. The video may stop in a few places, but it will restart after a few seconds. With no further apologies here are the guys.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=MVI_5409.mp4

glo
08-01-2010, 07:17 AM
The video worked well for me, Woodrow. Those horses are beautiful!

I assume that is you speaking on the video?
Did you make the video for the purpose of selling the horses?

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 01:00 PM
That particular video I was making to send to my grand kids in Texas so they could see them.For my selling I use still photos. Usually in magazine ads and in the livestock sale barns in this region. Some are just by word of mouth, especially the ones I do not plan to register. They are good horses and good for riding, but not show quality. Our primary show horse is "Champs" whose registered name is "Silent's Black Champion" We will be showing Esaad after I finish training him for dressage. We may start showing Allie and Brandy. They have some excellent show qualities.

A breeder shows their horses not so much for winning ribbons, but to advertise their line of horses. It is a lot of work getting a horse ready for a show, so you only pick one or 2 to use for show.

We do have a new white Arabian mare we want to work with and see if she has the calm temperament for showing. In the miniatures "Reflections" is the only one we use for shows.

Danah
08-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Very nice pictures uncle Woodrow!
the rainbow on that pic is just so awesome subhanAllah!

~Raindrop~
08-01-2010, 01:35 PM

Lickey Hills

The view from the castle: (looks much better in reality!)

The (decorative) castle:

Lickey Hills' woodland:

Danah
08-01-2010, 01:48 PM
SubhanAllah such a big difference between animals raised in farms of US and those raised at countries of Arabia

I remember passing by a farm few months ago and found this:

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 02:10 PM
:sl: Ukhti,

Beautiful pictures. I am a bit partial towards your pictures of the woodlands. I kept expecting to see Robin hood jump out from behind a tree.

~Raindrop~
08-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I can understand that. Those woods hold so many childhood memories for us. We held so many 'sword battles' there every time we visited! It was one of those places we loved going to (still do) and didn't want to come home at Maghrib time lol.
I'll see if we have any more.

~Raindrop~
08-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
SubhanAllah such a big difference between animals raised in farms of US and those raised at countries of Arabia

I remember passing by a farm few months ago and found this:

Beautiful picture. Here in the Americas except for the Llama in South America and the wolf in North America there were no domesticated animals until the coming of the Europeans. The farms are sort of a model of taken from European farms. But they do vary by states and regions. We have a number of different climate ranges from tropics, to deserts, to forests to sub arctic(Where I am) So you have a variety of types of frms. Up in here on the high Plains Cattle and Horses dominate. Further South down in the region around Iowa pig farms dominate, in Arkansas Missouri and some of the other south central states it is chicken farms, Sheep are dominate in the southwestern desert states of New Mexico, Arizona, and probabably up into Utah. So even as we travel around in the states the farms from one area to another seem different.

Camel farming would be interesting. I suspect some people in Arizona are now trying it. There is a camel ranch up here, about 100 miles from were I live, but they raise the Mongolian 2 hump Camels, which are suitable for cold climates. Sadly the rancher does not seem to being doing well. There does not seem to be any market for his camels. Last time I was by his place he had begun adding Reindeer to his live stock. Speaking with him, it seems the reindeer will do quite well. He almost talked me into buying a few pairs from him, still might ;D I would raise them just for the antlers. They shed and grow new antlers every year and there seems to be a big demand for the antlers. Used for making jewelry, knife handles, a substitute for ivory etc.

abu_musab461
08-05-2010, 06:33 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

~Raindrop~
09-25-2010, 05:49 PM
I wanted to post/upload pics that we took of France and Italy, but it says they're too big. :-\

Is it because we used a 12.2 mp camera? :-\

And can't I upload them at all? The last picture I tried resizing ended up having a headless lion in it.

Cabdullahi
09-25-2010, 05:54 PM
try photobucket?

~Raindrop~
09-25-2010, 06:22 PM
JazakAllahu khairan- that worked :statisfie

Although this first pic took over 5 mins to upload

This was a short while after we'd prayed Fajr in France under the open sky- the sky was like this for a few minutes at sunrise

There's something amazing about hearing the Adhan being given in a place where you wouldn't usually hear it.

Tyrion
09-26-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm not really much of a photographer, but here are some pictures I took a while back. They're not great, but I kinda like them. :p

I really liked the color of the sky here:

The hill outside my house:

These two were from a trip up to the mountains to see some snow... I think I took it earlier this year:

Danah
09-28-2010, 06:38 PM
^ nice places mashaAllah

PouringRain
09-28-2010, 11:36 PM
All these beautiful pics in this thread!

This is a link to an album I made last winter after a snow day. You can tell how fast our snow melts out here. I think my town has the absolute most adorable and creative snowmen. I couldn't help myself and I drove around taking pics of them. Click on the word "link" above, if you missed it.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-29-2010, 03:40 AM
These were taken on Eid morning...this is basically behind our masjid.

Danah
09-29-2010, 11:55 AM
^ wow!!
You are living in a very nice place mashaAllah.

@PouringRain: the album link didn't work for me

Cabdullahi
09-29-2010, 01:12 PM
^ wow!!
You are living in a very nice place mashaAllah.
Yeah....nice place...grumpy person :hmm:

Ummu Sufyaan
09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
I was meant to post these a bit earlier...also on Eid morning, only on a red light stop.

PouringRain
09-29-2010, 04:57 PM

@PouringRain: the album link didn't work for me
imsad

Try this one instead: link.

Hopefully that one will work. Let me know if not.

titus
09-30-2010, 04:44 AM
I just spent 10 days driving from Anchorage, Alaska to Dallas, Texas. Here are a few of the pictures I took along the way:

Somewhere in Alaska

The Cadillac Ranch outside of Amarillo, Texas

marwen
09-30-2010, 10:33 AM
^ wow ! great pics titus. You have many beautiful places in texas.

format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
imsad

I liked these snowmen, they're very funny :rolleyes:.
Unfortunately here we can't make snowmen, it never snows. Except one little snowman I made in the refrigerator when I was kid :D

titus
09-30-2010, 12:09 PM
great pics titus. You have many beautiful places in texas.
As proud as I am to be a Texan, I have to admit that the only picture taken in Texas was the Cadillac Ranch. The rest were all taken in Alaska and Canada.

PouringRain
09-30-2010, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
As proud as I am to be a Texan, I have to admit that the only picture taken in Texas was the Cadillac Ranch. The rest were all taken in Alaska and Canada.
But Texas does have many beautiful places, nonetheless. :)

Marwen, we only get a really good snow like that about once a year and it melts the next day, as you can see in the pics. Even still, you can tell that a "really good snow" for us is not near what it would be to a northerner. LOL It is very dry here and most of the time our cold weather does not line up with our precipitation weather in order to make the snow. There was one day last winter that it snowed only in our town. If you left the town it was rain, but the minute you came back in the town it was all snow.

Danah
09-30-2010, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
imsad

It worked!
very nice pictures thanks for sharing =)

Alpha Dude
09-30-2010, 06:36 PM
The Alaskan wilderness is very beautiful.

~Raindrop~
11-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Bumping up this thread =D

This is somewhere between France and Italy:

This one isn't as clear..it had been raining, had to take pics as we were driving along, through the windscreen which doesn't look very clean :X

Italy..near Ancona

my first time taking photos so theyre not all that :-\

~Raindrop~
11-30-2010, 05:42 PM
the beach in Ancona...

I'd recommend it as a stress-buster for anyone...it was deserted so we had it all to ourselves :D

Hayaa
11-30-2010, 06:40 PM
^^beauuutiful. Didn't you have the 1st beach pic as your display pic? So lovely & the pics turned out fine, no worries :D

~Raindrop~
11-30-2010, 08:04 PM
lol yes I did, I'd resized it at the time =D

Aw thanks :wub:

Woodrow
12-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Just a sample of Allaah(swt)'s artwork. the frost on our bedromm window just as the sun was rising.

Hayaa
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
:ooh: SubhanAllaah that looks like a wintry scene painted on canvas! Absolutely breathtaking..

Woodrow
12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
This is just an experiment to see if it works. Playing with a new progam I installed and pushing photobucket to it's limit.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Slideshow1.mp4

Woodrow
12-07-2010, 03:20 PM
A Fresh frost painting. This is the same window I took a picture of the other day. But Allaah(swt) did a new scene this morning. They do look like painted winter scenes. I believe I am going to save a collection of these and one day use them on a calender.

Danah
01-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Burj Khalifah in Dubai, the tallest building in the world.

That pic was taken few months ago, I couldn't show the top of it becuz it was too high to get it all from the distance I was shooting from

Darth Ultor
01-21-2011, 06:51 PM

S.Belle
01-21-2011, 07:42 PM
From when we finally got some snow...i love trees soooo yea lol

CosmicPathos
05-12-2011, 04:45 PM
some insane stuff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_asim/2452121915/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umairgh...in/photostream

Woodrow
05-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Mashallah, some of the horses we have lost are being replaced. Although we lost nearly all of our horses. We did get back some of the pregnant mares that were stolen and now they are foaling. Some very pretty foals in the lot.

We will be going out to the stables this weekend and I will be taking pictures of all of them. Because of problems we had, We had to put the horses in a stable 100 miles away. Fortunately it is a good boarding stable and we know the horses are safe. So far we have 3 fillies and 1 colt. We are expecting at least 4 more within the week. the horses that were killed and stolen were a tremendous loss, emotionally and financially. Every horse we planned to sell this year was stolen and our best/favorite horses were killed. It will now be 3 years before these new foals are ready to sell. But, Alhamdullillah that which was lost is being replaced.

Danah
05-13-2011, 06:28 PM
^ your horses were stolen and killed? :ooh:

Did you find out who did that? did you report it to the police? how horrible!!

Haya emaan
05-13-2011, 07:41 PM
some of my photography skills:

faisal masjid islamabad, pakistan

Darya e Neelam, Kashmir, Pakistan

mountains of Kashmir ,Pakistan

Darth Ultor
05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Isn't Faisal Masjid the biggest mosque in the world after Masjid al-Haram?

Danah
05-13-2011, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Isn't Faisal Masjid the biggest mosque in the world after Masjid al-Haram?
I think the biggest mosque after the Masjid Al-Haram in Macca and Masjid Al-Nabawi in Madinah is the Mosque of Sheikh Zayed in UAE, Abu Dhabi

tw009
05-15-2011, 01:05 AM
mun-o-salwa, I cant see the pictures and id love to see the pictures of Kashmir. please try editing your post ?

Ramadhan
05-15-2011, 03:33 AM
I see the pictures no problem. Maybe you need to refresh your browser?
Here's the locations of the images if you still cant see them here
http://imageshack.us/m/339/1126/dsc07333q.jpg
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5103/dsc06640ul.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9992/dsc06597x.jpg

Alpha Dude
05-15-2011, 07:22 AM

Hannah.
05-15-2011, 08:05 AM

Haya emaan
05-15-2011, 08:26 AM
i love mountains..:statisfie
here are some photographs of..
near some where between Maree and Islamabad,
now i dont exactly remmeber the names of the places they are of..

rawal dam on rawal jheel, Islamabad

Haya emaan
05-15-2011, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
mun-o-salwa, I cant see the pictures and id love to see the pictures of Kashmir. please try editing your post ?
oh sis i m sorry there isn't any thing wrong here.. may be you should try the links given by brother

Reflections
07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
AsSalaamu 3alaykum,

These were taken on my blackberry :wub:

Pictures don't justify the actual place!

Attachment 4280Attachment 4282Attachment 4281

Sorry I don't know how to upload it in any other way :/

Ramadhan
07-19-2011, 03:14 PM
^ very good composition and light! and you took them with your blackberry? are you using torch?

You may want to upload your pictures on to one of those free image hosting website such as http://www.photobucket.com or http://www.flickr.com or http://www.picasa.com and then attach the image here.

Reflections
07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
^JazakAllahukheir insha-Allah I'll upload some others I've got too via photobucket..No it's not the torch, its the bold..(old version)...can't beat the Iphone 4 camera though..it's so good <3

Haya emaan
07-26-2011, 04:38 PM
DSC07867 1?t1311700035 -

Darth Ultor
07-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Very spiritual

Haya emaan
07-26-2011, 05:49 PM
a part of jabl-e-uhad (mountains of uhad)

17072011299 1?t1311701488 -

beautiful minaret and domes of masjid-e-quba

17072011308 1?t1311701699 -

masjid-e-qiblatain

17072011300 1?t1311701754 -

this photo is taken on 21 july 2011..

Photo0726 1?t1311701822 -

Darth Ultor
07-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Hajj happened already? I thought it was closer to the fall.

Haya emaan
07-26-2011, 06:49 PM
no it hasnt.. its after three months..

Ramadhan
07-27-2011, 05:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Hajj happened already? I thought it was closer to the fall.

Ka'bah is like that 24/7 where people come from all over the world to praise Allah SWT.
It is prophesied in the bible too.

Reflections
07-27-2011, 06:16 PM
That last picture is breath-taking subhanAllah

~Raindrop~
09-25-2011, 03:37 PM

Pakistan.... stayed here for a couple of months. You can see one of the houses, and a corner of another (it's actually a room built separately where the male guests sit). There are 5 more houses and a masjid...very peaceful. Quality might not be so good as it was taken using my phone and I'm no professional. :ermm:

~Raindrop~
09-25-2011, 03:56 PM
These stairs are olddddd, came across them by chance when out for a walk.

This rooster was annoying. Had an incredibly loud voice, never let anyone have a lie-in and used to chase the other ones away. Got eaten :X

Just a pile of stones behind the house.

Our dog :P His bark is definitely worse than his bite...

Al-Mufarridun
09-25-2011, 07:39 PM

Beautiful pictes, JZK for sharing!

Al-Mufarridun
09-25-2011, 08:36 PM

Snowflake
09-25-2011, 09:14 PM

my local park.. does anyone recognize it?

~Raindrop~
09-25-2011, 10:35 PM
^^Is it Cannon Hill? :unsure:

tw009
09-26-2011, 05:23 AM

my camera didn't do justice to this beautiful sunset

Snowflake
09-26-2011, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
^^Is it Cannon Hill? :unsure:
Ward End : )

~Raindrop~
10-30-2011, 10:13 AM
^oops.. looked like the cycle path by the lake in Cannon Hill.

I couldn't resist taking this pic :X:

Slightly depressing but it was strangely soothing at the time ..

Just another path..

Now I just need to find some happy pictures. :hmm:

Periwinkle18
10-30-2011, 02:39 PM

Pic of lip balm that i made :)

Pics of Shashlik i made a few days back =) yum yum

Riana17
11-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Salam Ukhtee, that looks like shishtawook :)

Haya emaan
11-15-2011, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam Ukhtee, that looks like shishtawook :)
shishtawook dont have thick curry like this:p

Riana17
11-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Salam Ukhtee,
Aha you're right just looks the same but they are different, i love shish tawook esp made by Turkish restaurant

Haya emaan
12-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Above the clouds!!

Mikayeel
12-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Aah i completely forgot about this thread! Very nice photo's!

syilla
12-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Attachment 4495
fake snow

Attachment 4496
fishing village

marwen
12-30-2011, 07:29 PM
^ the picture of the kids is really cute. :smile:

Periwinkle18
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam Ukhtee,
Aha you're right just looks the same but they are different, i love shish tawook esp made by Turkish restaurant

now i know wht shish tawook is i sooooo wanna hav it m fasting n it looks sooooo yummy :p lolz

Haya emaan
01-23-2012, 08:00 PM
I LOVE CLOUDS

Above the clouds!!

cuezed
01-23-2012, 08:42 PM
^oops.. looked like the cycle path by the lake in Cannon Hill.

I couldn't resist taking this pic :X:

Slightly depressing but it was strangely soothing at the time ..

Just another path..

Now I just need to find some happy pictures. :hmm:
pakistan/mirpur?

~Raindrop~
01-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Nah.. The lake is near Murree and the bottom pic is of a remote hamlet near Attock. Well.. Part of the road leading to it.

Txyib
01-23-2012, 11:09 PM
salam
im really good at photography i think
i use rule of thirds lighting and all that but i modify the pics a little to give the best contrast and resolution.
i love photography its kool

CosmicPathos
01-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Why cannot I paste links from flickr? It says "invalid url" error?

CosmicPathos
01-24-2012, 12:02 AM

Periwinkle18
01-24-2012, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos

awww beautiful!!! SubhanAllah :)

Al-bint
01-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Assalaam-u-alaikum!

I have loads of new pictures that I clicked of the snow this winter But being a limited member yet i guess i cant share them... InshaAllah when i become a permanent one I'll share all of them with you ppl :statisfie

cuezed
01-24-2012, 10:29 PM

mashaAllah. beautiful

cuezed
01-24-2012, 10:33 PM
can you see the beauty of Allah's creation in the sky?

CosmicPathos
01-27-2012, 04:37 AM
Not my work, but if you want to check out beautiful nature and landscape photography from Pakistan, do check this guy out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amirphotography/

Amat Allah
01-28-2012, 12:42 PM
My homemade vanilla Ice cream:

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-28-2012, 12:58 PM

Ma sha' Allah. I remember this picture. Quite depressing, eh? :p

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-28-2012, 01:03 PM

Not my work. One of my colleagues clicked this on the occasion of IBM centennial celebration.

alhamdulilaah
01-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Not my work, but if you want to check out beautiful nature and landscape photography from Pakistan, do check this guy out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amirphotography/
The village houses look so neat and clear. And Thandiani, Abbottabad is so beautiful, when one reaches the top of the hill, there are clouds floating here and there that it becomes foggy, even in summer.

Periwinkle18
01-29-2012, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

omg MashaAllah i soooooo need the recipe :P

Haya emaan
02-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Periwinkle18
02-06-2012, 05:16 PM
i made rings out of pipe cleaners!!! =D

img0103ak&ampactionrotate -

img0107aj&ampactionrotate -

~Zaria~
02-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

A visit to the aquarium a few years ago.......just 2 of my favourites...... :)

Attachment 4606

Attachment 4604

Periwinkle18
02-07-2012, 10:39 AM
mashaAllah it beautiful :)

Al-bint
02-08-2012, 09:33 AM
[IMG]C:\Users\ABC\Pictures\Home[/IMG]

Periwinkle18
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
More rings =) made them for a frnd

Cabdullahi
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

Come on man..you didnt make that!

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
02-11-2012, 08:52 PM
This happens to be my line of expertise ;D

This was at one of the rallies that happened here in my city when the Egypt revolution was taking form. This was my old business name, I've since changed the name and workin on a new site iA, soon will be up. Gonna stick to the hobby and love for the art thing, no more photo bizz for me ;)

-cOsMiC

Periwinkle18
03-22-2012, 05:51 PM
^ Omg wow :) ur amazing

Periwinkle18
03-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Yaseen my 6 yr old student gave me a rose :) lol i found out he bugged his mom so much to make the rose so tht he can giv it to me :) aww i luv kids :wub: :) its made out of Crêpe paper :)

cute na??

and he put perfume on it so that it smells good :D

Hulk
03-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Beautiful pictures!

جوري
03-22-2012, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Yaseen my 6 yr old student gave me a rose :) lol i found out he bugged his mom so much to make the rose so tht he can giv it to me :) aww i luv kids :wub: :) its made out of Crêpe paper :)

cute na??

and he put perfume on it so that it smells good :D
awww... what a sweet sensitive boy.. masha'Allah...

Periwinkle18
03-22-2012, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by مهرة
awww... what a sweet sensitive boy.. masha'Allah...
lol i know :)

once he brought it for me n i was sick i didnt go to skool so the teachers tell me he searched the whole skool n couldnt find me in the end he had to giv it to some other teacher cuz she was like wheres my flower :p and then today he came into the staff room and gave it to me :)

Hulk
03-24-2012, 09:36 AM
I found this cat sleeping on top of stacked chairs and it was woken up by the sound of a korean couple talking about how cute it is.

Just some ants

Periwinkle18
04-06-2012, 06:53 AM

a nursery boy, 3 yr old gave this to me its a real rose this time :p and he gave me a lemon yest :p got it from his garden...

lol n yest a 5 yr old boy screamed in front of the principal/my boss n all the other teachers tht i love u thousand and thousand :p kids u just gotta love em

Endymion
04-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Its Show time :D

My photography based on things around me as i told ya people i seldom go out.So here is what i have around me :embarrass

I and my mum was talking and i noticed someone is listening to us :statisfie

It was truly mesmerizing.I remember last year when i saw it and start screaming and gathered all the family at roof :p Just like a bridge made of colors from one end to the other.

It was in Karachi University.My sis had a exam and i was waiting for her outside the examination hall when i noticed it was also sitting on the same chair +o( I screamed loudly and ran away but after a minute,i took out mobile and when i focused it,all the aunties start laughing :embarrass

Sky full of clouds.A view from our roof :statisfie

Mobile tower after rain.

No no,these are not my "pet chillies" :p I was making Mirch Pakoray.

Sketch made by my baby (bro) :D

We had some unwanted guests after rain :D

~Raindrop~
04-06-2012, 01:09 PM
:ooh: how can you stand taking pics of those things? Every time I saw one, I'd get away from there as fast as I could!! :hiding: You're very brave mashaAllah!
The rainbow looks beautiful, I haven't seen one in a very long time.
Those mirch are... :exhausted gulp. Keep them away from me!

Endymion
04-06-2012, 01:12 PM
how can you stand taking pics of those things? Every time I saw one, I'd get away from there as fast as I could!! You're very brave mashaAllah!
Have i ever told you why am i called "The first knight" :D

And those mirch are yummy,trust me :statisfie

Al-bint
04-06-2012, 03:03 PM
salaam alaikum!

i LOVE SNOW :)

clicked this winter!

Attachment 4765

Attachment 4766

Attachment 4767

P.S. i dunno how to make these pics appear bigger :(

wasalaam!

tigerkhan
04-06-2012, 11:52 PM
sydney
Attachment 4770

Hulk
04-07-2012, 12:39 AM
So beautiful! I've always wanted to play with snow as a child.

Endymion
04-07-2012, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
Didn't know Sydney is that small :embarrass

tigerkhan
04-07-2012, 10:22 PM
its stanwill park sydney.

cuezed
04-11-2012, 10:41 PM
a little effect on the samsung galaxy s2

Attachment 4777

Hulk
04-19-2012, 01:22 PM
A few from my walk today :statisfie

جوري
04-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Dinner..

Koshari

scaledphp?server859&ampfilenamekoshari&ampreslanding -

aadil77
04-20-2012, 02:12 PM
^whats that, maggots and worms? :shade:

جوري
04-20-2012, 02:31 PM
fried maggots & worms (full of protein)

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
04-20-2012, 03:03 PM
nothing like fried worms. yum.

Scimitar
04-20-2012, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
So beautiful! I've always wanted to play with snow as a child.
... as long as it isn't yellow, it's good.;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-20-2012, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
fried maggots & worms (full of protein)
Looks like pasta underneath..didn't think we could eat maggots though or even worms :statisfie

جوري
04-20-2012, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ

Looks like pasta underneath..didn't think we could eat maggots though or even worms :statisfie
Those are maggot morsels I like em a bit rubbery the worms I like crunchy ..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Those are maggot morsels I like em a bit rubbery the worms I like crunchy ..
I assume the maggots are cooked as pasta is, and they're huge for maggots, maybe they're a different kind:hiding:

and just googled em, which forces me not to try them +o(

جوري
04-20-2012, 08:08 PM
:lol: I feel bipolar today.. one thread makes me weep and the other one makes me laugh.. sob7an Allah...
Br. Aadil started a chain reaction here...

جوري
04-20-2012, 08:10 PM
koshari is a quintessential Egyptian dish.. it is composed in this order of white rice, topped with black boiled lentils if you can see either of those I tend to put little of them on the plate and more of the last three ingredients which are elbow macaroni pasta sauce then hot sauce which I skip and loads of fried onions.. Probably one of the best country girl meals you'll have..

:w:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-20-2012, 08:18 PM
koshari is a quintessential Egyptian dish.. it is composed in this order of white rice, topped with black boiled lentils if you can see either of those I tend to put little of them on the plate and more of the last three ingredients which are elbow macaroni pasta sauce then hot sauce which I skip and loads of fried onions.. Probably one of the best country girl meals you'll have..

:w:
oh, so it's not really maggots and worms

Koshari seems edible, masha'Allaah!

Hulk
04-26-2012, 12:12 AM
I saw a fat orange cat, I wanted to say hi bit was shy and hid behind a potted plant.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Just wanted to show a couple of pics i took of my Quran, it has beautiful calligraphy, Masha Allah

- cOsMiC

Scimitar
05-04-2012, 08:48 PM
That is one very nice Quran...

...DSLR cam?

Scimi

Jedi_Mindset
05-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Good sis, you made these pics from a nice perspective Masha'Allah

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-04-2012, 08:52 PM
@ scimitar Well, can't be a photographer without a DSLR. So yep, it's a DSLR :statisfie Picking photography back up, but this time, just for the hobby, no photos pf people or business, it is better this way. This was fully in manual mode. nyehs. ;D

- cOsMiC

Hulk
05-04-2012, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
Picking photography back up, but this time, just for the hobby
MashaAllah.. It's very new to me but I love it!

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-04-2012, 10:33 PM
You are doing well for being new at it! Masha Allah. How long have u been shooting? If you allow me I can give u a few pointers based on the photos u showed :)

Here's one of my cats, she's an outdoor kitteh, her name is Sushi.

- cOsMiC

Hulk
05-04-2012, 10:48 PM
You are doing well for being new at it! Masha Allah. How long have u been shooting? If you allow me I can give u a few pointers based on the photos u showed

Here's one of my cats, she's an outdoor kitteh, her name is Sushi.
Hahaha sushi looks like he just woke up! Very nice :statisfie I got my cam about three months ago but I've only been out taking pictures maybe about 7 times. I would certainly appreciate any pointers you can give me!

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-04-2012, 11:00 PM
first I would need to know what brand and model camera you have (to change focus settings). Then I can go on :) - cOsMiC

Hulk
05-04-2012, 11:09 PM
what brand and model camera
Oh hehe I am using Canon 550D!! 500mm 1.8 and 18-135 :statisfie

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Ok great choice! :D Canon is much warmer in colors, I had a rebel when I started too. On the photo with the orange cat next to the flower pot, your focus fell on the leaves (see how part of the leaves are sharper than kitty's face?). This said to me that it's probable you are using the auto focus points. Same thing happened with the second shot, focus fell on the cat's tummy, vs the face. What you can do to make sure you get what you are wanting in focus (in this case it would be the cat's face), you need to set the camera to where it will only show you the center focal point, then you can recompose your shot. Here's a good link to show you how to do that.

http://books.google.com/books?id=C2X...page&q&f=false

When you change that, and take more photos you will see what you want in focus, this also gives the photo a better depth of field ( sharper focus, blurrier background). Practice on that for a while, until you get the hang of it, you will learn to really love your camera this way :) I hope that wasn't confusing. Let me know if you need any help with the settings. Insha Allah.

- cOsMiC

Hulk
05-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Wow! Thank you so much I had to read what you said a few times to understand but I think I got it, and the link is very helpful mashaAllah. I'm going to have to do a bit of reading but I can't wait to try this out. Thank you so much.. I also plan on attempting to take "landscape" photos soon and when that happens I hope you'll be there to give some pointers as well. Your advice is much appreciated ya ukhti!

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Excellent :) can't wait to see the difference it makes for you. I'm actually about to go on a walk to take some photos around the neighborhood, I'm going to post a sequence of images here so u and anybody practicing photography can see what I'm saying a bit more clearly. Insha Allah.

- cOsMiC

Hulk
05-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Go for it!;D

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-05-2012, 02:30 AM
Ok, so I didn't get as much time as i would have liked to find decent shots. But here are a few. I chose this abandoned house, just because, it kind of reflects the financial situation going on here Hmm anyhow, the focus falls on the sign in front of the house...

and on this second shot, the focus falls on the house. Compare to the above and see how in the above image the details of the house fade, even though it's subtle. But in this image below, the house is nice an "crisp", and the details of the sign are not.

In these next 2 images, I wanted to illustrate recomposing the image. Naturally we take the camera and focus whatever is in the center, however, it doesn't always make the best image. When you have the center focus lit on your camera, you will focus on the
image in the center like this :

But, to give the image more character, I moved my lends slightly to the right and down a bit after focusing on the sign

it makes a huge difference (at least in my eyes). The point is, that, just because your focus initially lands in the center, doesn't mean your focal point can't be moved. So just recompose. I hope this helps! If anyone else is taking a DSLR out for a spin, take these tips and apply them. It's quite fun!

- cOsMiC

Periwinkle18
05-05-2012, 02:31 AM
^ sis ur just amazing wen it comes to photography :)

Periwinkle18
05-05-2012, 02:34 AM
lol we regular ppl just use our cell phone camera's to take pics :p

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Alhamdullilah. Thank you for the compliments sis. This is just a strong point of mine, the arts and such. I take plenty of cell phone shots and videos :) Just wanna share what I know with others insha Allah. :) I'm annoyed though, my posts are all sloppy. I don't get an edit text option and it just bunches all my text together so that's why these last 4 photos are all wonky and scattered, and I can't edit my post. so pardon me, perhaps tomorrow insha Allah it will work better and I can edit my posts.

- cOsMiC

Periwinkle18
05-05-2012, 02:53 AM
mashaAllah :) Nah i dun mind at all alhumdulillah i could read ur post :) dun worry sis

Hulk
05-05-2012, 03:19 AM
MashaAllah.. Beautiful :statisfie Thank you sis for the comparison and explanation, I'm heading to a friend's engagement later maybe I can test out what you've taught me!

Endymion
05-05-2012, 07:07 AM
I had two copies of Quran.My mum took this one,i love it so much.

Person1001
05-05-2012, 09:26 AM
OP, for some reason i cant see any of your photos :(

CosmicPathos
05-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Attachment 4837

dedicated to my dear friend Haseeb. I pray that your grave is more serene than this bro, ameen.

mods. can you increase the size?

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Attachment 4837

dedicated to my dear friend Haseeb. I pray that your grave is more serene than this bro, ameen.

mods. can you increase the size?
That is a very nice photo, did you take this yourself? :)

- cOsMiC

CosmicPathos
05-29-2012, 11:12 PM
yes sis, saw a good opportunity while on a long walk.

Periwinkle18
05-30-2012, 02:54 AM
^ its beautiful

Haya emaan
05-30-2012, 02:34 PM
some of my photography:p

Attachment 4839

Attachment 4840

Attachment 4841

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-30-2012, 03:15 PM
yes sis, saw a good opportunity while on a long walk.
excellent job! Masha Allah :)

glo
05-30-2012, 06:56 PM
This is my new garden friend:

Qurratul Ayn
05-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Attachment 4842

Attachment 4844

Attachment 4843

A beach in Sharjah, UAE.

It was truly a beautiful day, Subhan'Allaah.

P.S. I love your photo, glo!!!

glo
05-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Thank you, sister Qurratul Ayn.
I'll swap my frog for your palm tree! ;D

Qurratul Ayn
05-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Attachment 4845

Attachment 4846

The sunset and just before Maghrib prayer, in the desert in Dubai, UAE.

We prayed in the desert under the stars :)

sis muslimah
05-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Attachment 4847

Attachment 4848
Attachment 4849

Qurratul Ayn
05-30-2012, 10:18 PM
:salamext:

Where were they taken, sis muslimah?

sis muslimah
05-30-2012, 10:52 PM
^^^
:wasalamex

they were taken on Bournemouth beach =)

Hulk
05-31-2012, 01:20 AM
I like the Frog picture so I thought I should put up this (terrapin?) picture as well. Taken in the pond in my park.

This one was taken in Bali, Indonesia.

Periwinkle18
05-31-2012, 01:36 AM
^wow subhanAllah :)

Qurratul Ayn
05-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Attachment 4854
The mountains of Sharjah, UAE. Took it whist I was in the car, It came out alright - thought it would be blurry

Attachment 4855

Attachment 4856
Many of you may know, 'tis the Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan Masjid in Abu Dhabi, UAE. It was truly beautiful and absolutely astounding, I saw many people from different walks of life there, it was truly soulful :) (will post more pics of the Masjid)

Qurratul Ayn
05-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Attachment 4857

Attachment 4858

Attachment 4859

Interior of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan Masjid. Apparently, the third photo (of the the carpet in the main prayer room - I made sure to take a photo of it!) is one of the most expensive and largest carpets ever made in the world... It was made in Iran...

Qurratul Ayn
05-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Attachment 4860

Attachment 4861

Attachment 4862

More pictures of the Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan Masjid :)

Subhan'Allaah, it was breath-taking.

glo
05-31-2012, 09:00 PM
I love the third picture in particular, Qurratul Ayn. It's very atmospheric. :statisfie

Qurratul Ayn
05-31-2012, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I'll swap my frog for your palm tree!
Done! :D

CosmicPathos
05-31-2012, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
Attachment 4860

Attachment 4861

Attachment 4862

More pictures of the Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan Masjid :)

Subhan'Allaah, it was breath-taking.
I dont know why but these remind me of Hindu and Sikh Temples. The pillars and their arrangements. Ancient Islamic architecture is very distinct and pure handiwork of skilled workers. Modern machines have ruined the exquisiteness and intricacies of architecture I must say.

Qurratul Ayn
05-31-2012, 10:20 PM

I dont know why but these remind me of Hindu and Sikh Temples. The pillars and their arrangements.
Really? :hmm: To me, it looked amazing... But each to their own.

Ancient Islamic architecture is very distinct and pure handiwork of skilled workers.
Very true, but nowadays, s'all about technology and getting it finished quickly.

Modern machines have ruined the exquisiteness and intricacies of architecture I must say.
Yep, yep, yep.

Unfortunately, I didn't learn about the Masjid as much as I should have when I went there, but Insha'Allaah next time I will definitely do in-depth research and get back to you.

I'm sure there were skilled craftmanships that went into the making of it... I will get back to you on it, OK? :)

جوري
05-31-2012, 10:31 PM
I dont know why but these remind me of Hindu and Sikh Temples. The pillars and their arrangements. Ancient Islamic architecture is very distinct and pure handiwork of skilled workers. Modern machines have ruined the exquisiteness and intricacies of architecture I must say.
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

Really? :hmm: To me, it looked amazing... But each to their own.
I think that it looks so immaculate and perfect and almost unused.. can evoke that feeling of not being a mosque that it is more a beautiful work of architecture.

Endymion
06-01-2012, 12:53 PM
I love the picture of carpet.Before reading the description,i thought its a pond of water with flowers floating on it.This is just amazing.I would love to visit this Masjid oneday.Its truly a master piece.

I posted the pictures of this Masjid on UI.Here is the link if anyone wants to see it more deeply.

http://www.funzug.com/index.php/trav...abu-dhabi.html

Instruction for tourists are really interesting :giggling:

glo
06-02-2012, 04:50 PM
These were taken in North Wales last year:

My son, the giant. LOL

Periwinkle18
06-03-2012, 01:41 AM
^aww beautiful :)

Qurratul Ayn
06-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Attachment 4868

Attachment 4869

Attachment 4870

Lulworth Cove, Dorset, England, UK

Qurratul Ayn
06-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Attachment 4871

Attachment 4872

Attachment 4873

More pictures of Lulworth Cove; the 2nd and 3rd photographs were taken in the evening on the way home.

Qurratul Ayn
06-03-2012, 09:10 AM
I love the spider web photograph, glo!!!

'Tis beautiful!

glo
06-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Do you live in Dorset, Qurratul Ayn? Or were you on holiday?

Qurratul Ayn
06-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Do you live in Dorset, Qurratul Ayn? Or were you on holiday?
Nope, nope, nope, one day trip there. It was amazing :D

MustafaMc
06-03-2012, 10:04 PM
This is my new garden friend:

Which one? The frog or the snail?

جوري
06-03-2012, 10:17 PM
taken just now
scaledphp?server444&ampfilename94768481&ampreslanding -

and now I hear it thundering and raining again...
I don't suppose a pot of gold exists in the water? are leprechauns good swimmers?

MustafaMc
06-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't suppose a pot of gold exists in the water? are leprechauns good swimmers?
Gorgeous picture. Maybe there are leprechaun mermaids. Now, that would be a neat picture.

جوري
06-03-2012, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Gorgeous picture. Maybe there are leprechaun mermaids. Now, that would be a neat picture.
Especially so with a pot of gold.. Jazaka Allah khyran for the encouragement.. sometimes I wonder if there's a gentle or even heavy rain in paradise.. I so love the gray and the water.. it makes for an amazing contrast..

Qurratul Ayn
06-03-2012, 10:56 PM
^

There is always a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!! You just got to keep looking! But don't trust the leprechauns, they will mislead you... :p

:D

(Apologies to y'all for being off topic, but had to write that! :p)

MustafaMc
06-03-2012, 11:12 PM
I have built a bird house and modified natural gourds as homes for purple martins (PM). They migrate to North America from South America in the spring to nest. Beginning with the native Americans before the Europeans came, the PM have become dependent upon humans for their housing. They keep me company with their constant chatter and song while I work in the garden.

Purple martin eggs.

Freshly hatched PM babies.

PM babies in tray removed from their house.

جوري
06-03-2012, 11:14 PM
They look so delicate & fragile..

MustafaMc
06-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Checking on the babies.
Attachment 4877

MustafaMc
06-03-2012, 11:18 PM
They look so delicate & fragile..
Yes, but they develop quickly. How can I post pictures that are displayed bigger?

Scimitar
06-03-2012, 11:28 PM
make an account at tinypic.com or photobucket and upload there, then link here :)

جوري
06-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Yes, but they develop quickly. How can I post pictures that are displayed bigger?
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
make an account at tinypic.com or photobucket and upload there, then link here :)
I use:
http://imageshack.us/

MustafaMc
06-04-2012, 02:20 AM

Baby Purple Martin in my hand.

glo
06-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Which one? The frog or the snail?
You are the first person to comment on the snail, Mustafa! :)
I guess the frog is a bit more special. And also more difficult to capture on the camera! ;D

Al-Mufarridun
06-04-2012, 07:21 AM

glo
06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Checking on the babies.
Attachment 4877
Do the parents not mind if the chicks are handled by humans, Mustafa? I always thoughts that bird parents abandoned their young if they had been in contact with humans.

MustafaMc
06-04-2012, 11:38 AM
For glo.

I was able to link with a big picture of the baby martin, but I don't know what I am doing wrong now.

IslamicRevival
06-04-2012, 12:07 PM

Such a beautiful world, sadly ruined by man.
Great photo shot.

Insaanah
06-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I have built a bird house and modified natural gourds as homes for purple martins (PM). They migrate to North America from South America in the spring to nest. Beginning with the native Americans before the Europeans came, the PM have become dependent upon humans for their housing. They keep me company with their constant chatter and song while I work in the garden.

Purple martin eggs.

Freshly hatched PM babies.

PM babies in tray removed from their house.

Hopefully this is the original size:

scaledphp?server585&ampfilenamepmeggs&ampreslanding -

scaledphp?server812&ampfilenamepmbaby0&ampreslanding -

scaledphp?server233&ampfilenamepmbaby2&ampreslanding -

For glo.

I was able to link with a big picture of the baby martin, but I don't know what I am doing wrong now.

When you go to insert the link for the image, just go to insert image (the square symbol, next to the film-like symbol). Don't use the insert link or insert URL one. One you've selected insert image, choose "from url", paste the link into the space, and then untick the checkbox where it says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".

Amazing photos from everyone.

glo
06-04-2012, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Amazing photos from everyone.
For glo.
Now that Insanaah has managed to post the bigger picture, I can actually recognise what it is.
Thank you, Mustafa! That must be the mother of all toads. LOL

IslamicRevival
06-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Not mine but had to share as its a beautiful photo shot.

And this

MustafaMc
06-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Do the parents not mind if the chicks are handled by humans, Mustafa? I always thoughts that bird parents abandoned their young if they had been in contact with humans.
No, the martin adults don't seem to mind at all as long as the babies aren't harmed. One year I found a cardinal nest in our blackberry canes and the adult abandoned the nest even though I didn't bother it. The purple martins are almost tame in contrast to other wild birds.

My understanding is that the adults return each year to the same site where they have nested successfully. The adults mate, but it is the sub-adult males that incubate the eggs. After the young fledge, they hang around until time to migrate south and then look for their own site when they return the next year. Upon first arriving each year the adults sing a dawn song to attract the sub-adult males.

MustafaMc
06-05-2012, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
When you go to insert the link for the image, just go to insert image (the square symbol, next to the film-like symbol). Don't use the insert link or insert URL one. One you've selected insert image, choose "from url", paste the link into the space, and then untick the checkbox where it says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".
Jazak Allah khayran, Sister Insaanah. Let me give it a try.

Hey, that wasn't so hard with the proper guidance.

This is the 14-nest house I built this year with entrances cut to exclude starlings which is a type of invasive bird that attacks the purple martin babies. The martins like to perch near their nests so I installed several dowel rods on the house for them. The house can be lowered and raised again with the aid of a winch. It is important to do nest checks to check for predation and remove English sparrow nests which is another pest. The natural gourds were modified with a cleanout port and starling resistant entrance tunnel with a porch. Allah (swt) has willed that we have become successful PM landlords. The only rent we charge is their song and graceful flight.

KDhieb
06-05-2012, 06:16 AM
I saw a very interesting shape in this tree SubhanAllah:

Qurratul Ayn
06-05-2012, 07:33 AM
^ Love the photograph of the cat :D

Periwinkle18
06-05-2012, 11:29 AM
the cat's scary :p lol

$tranger
06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
some I took whilst on 'Umrah this year:

During the downpour in Makkah:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318165_236341466475653_792441662_n.jpg

A
morning stroll around the Haram in Madinah
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318165_236341473142319_266675041_n.jpg

S
unrise in Madinah
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318165_236341479808985_1105648012_n.jpg

Panoramic view from the top floor
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318165_236341483142318_1916506357_n.jpg

R
ain in Makkah
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...54327567_n.jpg

KDhieb
06-05-2012, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
the cat's scary :p lol
lol ! he's a very kind and gentle cat

MustafaMc
06-05-2012, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KDhieb
I saw a very interesting shape in this tree SubhanAllah:

Why does the tree have a green tint? Where is the amusement park? My son would love to go there.

KDhieb
06-05-2012, 01:25 PM
hmmm it may be because of the light from the lamp posts reflecting on it.. there was also a "super moon" out that night..

the amusement park is in montreal

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.