/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Show us your Photography skills!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Endymion
08-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Inshallah,i was upset,i wasn't happy with the closing of my Ramadhan but hope the mercy of Allah SWT will cover me and all my brothers and sisters Inshallah.

Why the little thing is upset?And how is the Egypt of Mercy,sissi.Yesterday i was reading a Novel based on Arab Turks war history and they wrote about a small island called "Jurba" or "Jarba" near Tunisia which was famous for its melons.Can you tell me which country it is?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-25-2012, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
:sl:

Allah is the Most Wise, Most Merciful and Best of Planners. In Sha'a Allah, you had the intent to fast so you still get the Ajr. and then you get even more when you make up they day. it's kind of like getting a bonus! being patient with your inconveniences gave you even more Ajr to boot, In Sha'a Allah.

pain, suffering and bad health may seem like a bad thing to non-believers, but Alhamdulillah, we are Muslims. these things may appear "awful" to others, but for us they are a Blessing because we know the truth. these things help erase our sins and are of more benefit to us on the Day of Qiyama than winning a million lotteries, In Sha'a Allah!

May Allah reward you, and us, abundantly!

:wa:
Taqabal Allah minna wa minkoum.. Jazaka Allah khyran.. That's really comforting.

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Inshallah,i was upset,i wasn't happy with the closing of my Ramadhan but hope the mercy of Allah SWT will cover me and all my brothers and sisters Inshallah.

Why the little thing is upset?And how is the Egypt of Mercy,sissi.Yesterday i was reading a Novel based on Arab Turks war history and they wrote about a small island called "Jurba" or "Jarba" near Tunisia which was famous for its melons.Can you tell me which country it is?
It is called 'Girba' -- to us anyway lol.. it has the biggest Jewish temple.. It is just a tourist town nothing special about it at all well they also dislike Islam and many Muslims there like to get drunk.. well those we met with anyway...:skeleton:

جوري
08-25-2012, 04:45 PM
I forgot to reply your other Q's... I couldn't possibly keep up with all the things that make the kids upset at any given moment of the day lol.. something tells me it has to do with that car on the table that he wasn't crashing into things with ;D
Egypt was a disappointment otherwise sob7an Allah.. I initially wanted to go to Makkah for umrah but that didn't work out and my bro. said it is best to do the fard before umrah and the prices for the last ten were prohibitive anyway.. when Allah swt wills it will be in shaa Allah..

Endymion
08-25-2012, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
many Muslims there like to get drunk.. well those we met with anyway...
Yup,thats the second famous thing about Girba in the novel that they were fond of opium.When Christians attacked them,their ruler gave the command of Island to them and ran.Christians tried to convert them through speeches but none of them left Islam.Then,their commander asked Christians to mingle with people and try to convince them but after some time,he saw that his men are also eating melon and enjoying opium :hmm: Didn't know they are still like that but the novel was really interesting :statisfie It was actually about a Turkish admiral who was Vicegerent to famous Kherudin Barbarosa.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
08-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Sounds like an amazing read.. Ma shaa Allah.. I don't have time for novels anymore.. I feel that if I am not studying science that I should be memorizing Quran.. I feel really torn that sometimes I just want to take a little time to unwind but I stick with short stories and the distillates I get from others of what they've read :p

Endymion
08-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Im reading anything like that after a long time and unfortunately,i dont have the second part imsad

جوري
08-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Im reading anything like that after a long time and unfortunately,i dont have the second part imsad
Can you get it on line?

Endymion
08-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Nope sissi,its a series my bro brought it.The admiral is an amazing man who can deal with every problem all alone and get to the right decision quick.The way he managed to get out of Girba was super but now,the son in law of Sultan Suleman has offended him and he left the Turkish Army and the people of Sultan are searching for him and trying to bring him back and Endy stuck there :skeleton:

جوري
08-25-2012, 07:06 PM
You should start a thread for this -- you madam have thoroughly piqued my curiosity ...

Endymion
08-25-2012, 07:13 PM
lol aww im sorry for awakening your curiosity at the weekend :p But the good thing is that your above post made me search it online and now im downloading a document which is the next episode if i get the right thing.Its in Urdu so i cant share with you but after reading it,i'll give you a summary of that novel and im sure English writers value this amazing man and write his biography in the same interesting manner :statisfie

P.S.
Admiral's name is "Dargott" BTW.درگوت

Endymion
08-25-2012, 07:14 PM
I better stop it here before it offend the Sultan of IB :p :hiding:

جوري
08-25-2012, 07:19 PM
I better stop it here before it offend the Sultan of IB :p :hiding:
:haha: I do wanna be briefed twice daily pls.

Endymion
08-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Suspense ended.I have found it for both of us :D Here is for ya initially to end your curiosity.I wish i could find the whole Novel in English for ya.

This amazing man was Turgut Reis.درگوت رئس You can read about him here on wiki.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turgut_Reis

And his escape from Girba.(Not as interesting as i read but it'll give you the idea).

In September 1550 Mahdia surrendered to the joint Spanish-Sicilian-Maltese force. In the meantime, Turgut Reis was repairing his ships at the beach of Djerba. On October, Andrea Doria appeared with his fleet at Djerba and blocked the entrance of the island's lagoon with his ships, trapping the beached galleys of Turgut Reis inside the Channel of Cantera. Turgut Reis had all his ships dragged overland through hastily dug canals and on a heavily greased boardway to the other side of the island and sailed to Constantinople, capturing two galleys on the way, one Genoese and one Sicilian, which were en route to Djerba in order to assist the forces of Doria. Prince Abu Beker, son of the Sultan of Tunis, who was an ally of Spain, was on the Genoese galley.

Al-bint
08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
My brother clicked this one today

جوري
08-25-2012, 08:06 PM
So strange how other ummas lived before us and undoubtedly after us with their own stories, lives, desires, fears, defeats and triumphs and then they perish & others come with similar circumstances, themes but under different conditions.. Does a girl today grow, or feel differently than one who lived a thousand years ago? I doubt it.. Sob7an Allah alwa7id alqahar...

جوري
08-25-2012, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-bint
My brother clicked this one today

Beautiful..ma shaa Allah-- yup let's get back to photography..

~Zaria~
08-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Attachment 5037

Assalamu-alaikum,

The above pic was taken in 'Wonder Caves', situated at the the 'Cradle of Humankind' (where all of mankind is thought to have evolved from :P )
(http://www.maropeng.co.za/ <-- Doing my bit for tourism : ) )

The wonder cave is the third largest natural cave in the country & is believed to be about 2200 million years old. It was rediscovered in the late 19th century by miners who dynamited and excavated limestone for the making of cement.

The cave is 125 meters long, 54 wide & 60 meters deep
The cave has about 14 stalactites & stalagmites, formation upto 15 meters.

^^One such stalagmite formation is called the 'Mother Mary' - who appears to be in prayer!^^

SubhanAllah!
I was amazed when I saw this!

"Do you not see that to ALLAH prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth and the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, the moving creatures and many of the people? But upon many the punishment has been justified. And he whom ALLAH humiliates - for him there is no bestower of honor. Indeed, ALLAH does what He wills."

(Quran 22:18)

MustafaMc
08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
The Arligton Hotel where we stayed in HotSprings, AR.

Bathroom at the Arlington with piped in hot mineral water from the hot springs.

Hot spring with algae resistant to high temperatures.

Full Moon Bridge at Garvan Gardens.

Waterfall at Garvan Gardens.

Caladiums at Garvan Gardens.

Glass chapel at Garvan Gardens.

Sunset on Lake Hamilton from the Belle of Hot Springs.

Shared dessert at Luna Bella restaurant.

جوري
08-25-2012, 10:31 PM
I wuvvvvvvvvv artistic food, sunsets and fine pieces of architecture ..
thanks so much for sharing.. hope you both enjoyed yourselves in shaa Allah

Insaanah
08-25-2012, 10:38 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
^^One such stalagmite formation is called the 'Mother Mary' - who appears to be in prayer!^^

SubhanAllah!
I was amazed when I saw this!

"Do you not see that to ALLAH prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth and the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, the moving creatures and many of the people? But upon many the punishment has been justified. And he whom ALLAH humiliates - for him there is no bestower of honor. Indeed, ALLAH does what He wills."

(Quran 22:18)
Many such natural formations that people perceive in their minds to look like various beings from certain angles, have become focuses where people gather, make pilgrimage to, and even worship. One only has to look at the statues of Isa alyhi assalaam and his mother (peace be upon them both) in churches, and how they are worshipped. Interestingly, I'm not sure who that lives today can identify that it is a likeness of Mary (peace be upon her) bearing in mind nobody knows what she looked like. Such formations don't strengthen us in our faith, as we know everything prostrates and praises as Allah has told us, but it is not in the way that we do, and we do not understand their way of doing it:

..and there is not a thing but glorifies His praise; but ye understand not their praise. (17:44, part)

I'm not sure that we should even see them as somehow specially amazing or miraculous. All of Allah's creation is, and rocks are in themselves, whether we perceive them to look like human beings or not. One only hopes that the perception of the likeness of Mary in the stalagmite from a certain angle does not lead to some Christians justifying their worship of her, and become a source of further misguidance for them.

And Allah knows best.

MustafaMc
08-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Inside of casita (small house) in Taos, NM.

Rio Grande Gorge.

The trout are waiting - Cimarron River in NM.

Taos Pueblo - supposedely inhabited for 1,000 years.

Hummingbirds at Taos Pueblo.

Historical background for of 'Our Lady of Guadalupe' note the phrase 'fervent devotion to Nuestra Senora continues to grow'.

Native American wool rugs and Native American dress at Millicent Rogers Museum.

Authentic Native American buckskin dress at Millicent Rogers Museum.

Native American pottery at Millicent Rogers Museum.

Oppulent turqouise necklace at Millicent Rogers Museum.

MustafaMc
08-25-2012, 11:17 PM
I wuvvvvvvvvv artistic food, sunsets and fine pieces of architecture ..
thanks so much for sharing.. hope you both enjoyed yourselves in shaa Allah
... and I wuvvv scenes of nature - mountains, rivers, canyons, flowers, etc.

Alhamdulillah, we had a fabulous time although the mineral water bath was a bit too hot. To think in the old days people went to the springs, but couldn't tone it down any with cold water. Similarly, I have been to a natural hot spring in Puerto Rico on a work trip.

جوري
08-26-2012, 12:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
... and I wuvvv scenes of nature - mountains, rivers, canyons, flowers, etc.

Alhamdulillah, we had a fabulous time although the mineral water bath was a bit too hot. To think in the old days people went to the springs, but couldn't tone it down any with cold water. Similarly, I have been to a natural hot spring in Puerto Rico on a work trip.
I felt the same way when I landed into Egypt.. in the plane I was so full of life and enthusiastic.. thinking I'd go into Tahrir square and do my thing, and walhi I didn't last two hours with mom's massive luggage.. I was feeling faint whenever I stood up my heart would race and I felt sweaty so I sat down, until they got the passport thing sorted and then walking out with the luggage while fasting the sun just hit me like an anvil.. my uncle opened the doors of the car and his leather seats were scorching and he turned on the air conditioner and it did nothing and about five minutes later I felt cooked -- I couldn't talk save to tell them to take me to the hospital, the next thing I know my sister was pouring bottles of water (which was also hot) all over me and shoving sugared things in my mouth.. and I just thought sob7an Allah.. how did Khalid ibn ilwaleed cross the scorching deserts with water to be drank from the guts of camel to meet with an enemy three times their size?.. where are we from those people?..
I have to believe that it wasn't that hot back then, that with all our air conditioners and pollution we did something to the atmosphere because there's just no way to survive that.. blood is a protein it gets denatured.. honestly I felt it difficult to breathe and my heart was racing sob7an Allah.. I was praying for shahada on the plane and then came to regret it when that happened lol ;D

MustafaMc
08-26-2012, 06:00 AM
Wow, sounds like you had a horrible time in Egypt with the heat stroke and all. Aren't we allowed to break our fast when we travel? I missed one day when I was working in an AZ cotton field with the temps over 110F.

جوري
08-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Wow, sounds like you had a horrible time in Egypt with the heat stroke and all. Aren't we allowed to break our fast when we travel? I missed one day when I was working in an AZ cotton field with the temps over 110F.
Yeah you can when traveling but,
Al-Baqara (The Cow) [2:184]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Ayyaman maAAdoodatin faman kana minkum mareedan aw AAala safarin faAAiddatun min ayyamin okhara waAAala allatheena yuteeqoonahu fidyatun taAAamu miskeenin faman tatawwaAAa khayran fahuwa khayrun lahu waan tasoomoo khayrun lakum in kuntum taAAlamoona
2:184 (Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (With hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.

at any rate my uncle told me that Allah swt loves when we use his allowances which is something we know anyway.. nonetheless I felt sad, especially that I vomited afterwards so I was just angry about how the whole thing went down.. I don't really keep well in the heat at all.. it is over at any rate in shaa Allah I am starting my fast tomorrow... It was just the last ten and there was my whole extended family and special break fast food together and I showed up soaking wet from head to toe only to lay in a bathtub full of cold water and ice and then sleep a good 14 hrs lol..
what can I say at least I survived al7mdullilah...

Hulk
08-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Taken while flying in by blue tights.

Periwinkle18
08-26-2012, 08:54 AM
^ wow beautiful :)

Periwinkle18
08-26-2012, 11:01 AM
honey chicken :)

cheese balls

made them in ramadan :)

Haya emaan
08-26-2012, 12:28 PM
MashaAllah sis manwatul khayal you went to egypt.. nice pictures.. how is our egypt and its people.. i had some egyptian friends when i was in school.. i wonder how are they and what are they doing now..
last night we were planning to visit some place next year INSHAALLAH and we considered Egypt too:p

lol aww im sorry for awakening your curiosity at the weekend :p But the good thing is that your above post made me search it online and now im downloading a document which is the next episode if i get the right thing.Its in Urdu so i cant share with you but after reading it,i'll give you a summary of that novel and im sure English writers value this amazing man and write his biography in the same interesting manner :statisfie

P.S.
Admiral's name is "Dargott" BTW.درگوت
may i know the name of the novel and its writer^o) plzzz

~Zaria~
08-26-2012, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Many such natural formations that people perceive in their minds to look like various beings from certain angles, have become focuses where people gather, make pilgrimage to, and even worship. One only has to look at the statues of Isa alyhi assalaam and his mother (peace be upon them both) in churches, and how they are worshipped. Interestingly, I'm not sure who that lives today can identify that it is a likeness of Mary (peace be upon her) bearing in mind nobody knows what she looked like. Such formations don't strengthen us in our faith, as we know everything prostrates and praises as Allah has told us, but it is not in the way that we do, and we do not understand their way of doing it:

..and there is not a thing but glorifies His praise; but ye understand not their praise. (17:44, part)

I'm not sure that we should even see them as somehow specially amazing or miraculous. All of Allah's creation is, and rocks are in themselves, whether we perceive them to look like human beings or not. One only hopes that the perception of the likeness of Mary in the stalagmite from a certain angle does not lead to some Christians justifying their worship of her, and become a source of further misguidance for them.

And Allah knows best.
Wa-alaikumsalam ukthi,

JazakAllah khayrun for the above comments.

I just want to add:

The response to these types of formations, depends very much on the eyes through which they are perceived.

The pagan who sees such a formation, may very well find some symbolism in it (hence the name 'Mother Mary' given to it by the locals) and take to worshipping it.
In fact, an image of a person is not even required for people to take to worshipping rocks, trees, the sun, etc.

The BELIEVER of Allah, who sees the very same formation is instead reminded of His majesty and His signs.
And indeed, signs of Allah surround us everyday, in every possible way.
But, this does not take anything away from these rarer findings in life.

I am reminded of this beautiful ayat:

"Indeed, Allah is not timid to present an example - that of a mosquito or what is smaller than it. And those who have believed know that it is the truth from their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, they say, "What did Allah intend by this as an example?"

He misleads many thereby and guides many thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient..." (Al Quraan 2:26)

The following site, Islamcan.com has findings of similiar formations:

e.g.

The following websites also verify the above pictures:

http://www.worldcountries.info/Africa.htm

http://www.africasunnews.com/nasa.html
(not a great angle but you can still point out the lines)

http://www.islamcan.com/miracles/index.shtml

And Allah knows best in all matters.

If such a formation, leads a believer to remember Allah (subhanawataála) and His ayats - SubhanAllah!
If such a formation does not.....no harm done either : )

It is the intention that matters in all things.
Alhamdulillah.

جوري
08-26-2012, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
made them in ramadan
Hope you ate them wlie.. in shaa Allah

format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
MashaAllah sis manwatul khayal you went to egypt.. nice pictures.. how is our egypt and its people.. i had some egyptian friends when i was in school.. i wonder how are they and what are they doing now..
last night we were planning to visit some place next year INSHAALLAH and we considered Egypt too
:sl: ukhty,

Walhi I was disappointed -- I pray Allah swt makes Dr. Mursi steadfast as he has quite the task before him, firstly the old admin had let out criminals in order to cause fear & chaos and that was pretty much prevalent. A place like Hussain used to be filled to the brim with tourists, I saw no more than two or three there and I am not a big fan of a country basing its economic prosperity on tourism anyway but the situation was pretty dire.. As I stated above Tarweeh were going on and in the holiest ten while shop owners were beating each other up to seat us as customers.. there was massive panhandling as I had never seen before mostly women & children which everyone kept telling me to close my pocketbook because they're faking it and I couldn't tell sincere from fakes not to mention the overt harassment .. it is very well played by the previous admin who had infiltrated so deeply that I get the feeling we've only scratched the tip of the iceberg.
About two or three members of my very large extended family actually understand the matter for what it is, and I fear they're convinced of all the American propaganda of the threat of 'Islamists' I hope to God they're not a reflection or a microcosm of Egypt at large but an isolated few congregating in my family wa'al amr lillah but I fear that it is really how it is.
Mursi is very smart and he has made a few smart moves that we'd all underestimated him however he has hearts and minds to change plus I am not sure I like his economic plan for the country at all.. and I am not sure an economic plan for Egypt would work in isolation in fact the only way I see for us to sustain ourselves completely independent from western and foreign influence is to become an ummah and with what I have seen, I am just not seeing it..
but with Allah swt all things are possible so I'll just continue to make du3a because there's nothing else I can do..

MustafaMc
08-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Sadly, your comments about Egypt are consistent with my initial concerns about the 'Arab Spring' of uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt that progressed into seriously more violent and tragic situations in Lybia and Syria. I see that these events are a different manifestation of 'regime change' that USA militarily forced upon Afghanistan and Iraq. I also see a lot of similarity between the 'Arab Spring' and the 'Green Movement' in Iran that was internally squashed. Ultimately, I see Israel as being the driving force behind all of this to defang and destabilize the entire Middle East before it makes its move to radically expand its territory. The big stumbling block right now is again Iran and there could soon be a massive attack against Iran, perhaps with nuclear weapons. Only Allah (swt) knows the future, but I believe that things are rarely truly as they are portrayed to be.

جوري
08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I was reading about the battle of Zhat As'swari yesterday and it seemed to me impossible for a small Islamic army to take on Roman fleets when they're not at all familiar with water and had no 'Navy' so to speak, but they had offered prayers and went to battle and came back victorious. I believe victory comes from Allah swt no matter how small or under prepared we are so long as our intentions are in the right place.. and our intentions right now is the only thing I am not counting on..It is disheartening to say the least..

P.S I did see converts though, and they were so beautiful ma shaa Allah.. I was so happy to see them, I felt I related to them the most over the indigenous people..I wondered if they were as disappointed as I was or just had no expectations which is always the best approach.

جوري
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hajar

Some nice pictures are posted here already! Here are some pictures i took...:)

My Garden

(you see the bee :D )

I got loads of other pictures inshaAllah maybe later i will share them too :)
Was just browsing the early pages and missed Sis Hajar, does anyone keep contact with her? she is so so lovely.. been ages.. sob7an Allah.. pray she's well.. I really miss the old timers.. :(

Periwinkle18
08-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Hope you ate them wlie.. in shaa Allah
Well I was having eating problems in Ramadan Buh I had some :) n Alhumdulilah am getting better now.

MustafaMc
08-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Where we stayed in New Mexico.

MustafaMc
08-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Earlier I had posted a few pictures (that have since been removed as inappropriate) of Christian relics and icons at the millicent Rogers Museum. I am not complaining about the deletion, but I wanted to make a point that these Christians worshipped other than Allah. There were many statues on display in the museum with a large centerpiece - 'Our Father, Jesus the Nazarene', handmade crucifixes, and pictures of 'Our Lady of Guadalupe'. There was an eerily similar arrangement of icons at the church at the Taos Pueblos, but the centerpiece was a large 'Our Lady of Guadalupe'. I don't know if the figures and stautes inside the church were there for the sake of the tourists or for the congregants. They had signs posted to not take pictures inside the church.

At the museum, I could understand that it could have been a collection of ancient relics from various churches, but I was shocked that the church at the active Pueblos was very similar with a diverse collection of multiple icons. The various statues of Jesus, Mary and saints reminded me so much about the passages of Ibrahim destroying the idols and, of course, Prophet Muhammad (saaws) doing the same. The explanation about the history of 'Our Lady of Guadalupe' (that remains above) clearly shows the congregants express devotion to, or worship, these objects.

جوري
08-28-2012, 08:50 PM

Letting them thaw then will add yogurt and granola

They look underdone =( guess will find out when I break my fast lol

fried in panko on one side then broiled in the oven then added basil butter sauce.. Not sure how it turned out time will tell :skeleton:

glo
08-29-2012, 01:14 PM

جوري
08-29-2012, 08:03 PM

MustafaMc
08-30-2012, 01:32 AM

Looks like sliced figs on a salad. Hmm, never thought about that.

MustafaMc
08-30-2012, 01:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

I love rainbows, but I don't think I have seen one so finely demarcated like this before.

جوري
08-30-2012, 02:55 AM
Looks like sliced figs on a salad. Hmm, never thought about that.
whatever fruits I buy that don't get eaten as my dad is partial only to apples and pears, they end up on the salad plate before they rot.. the thin julienne slices are green apples which everyone finds too sour but I think it gives a nice contrast.. also the figs are chewy in the salad they're honestly a meal all their own. Once I had them with Roquefort and they were delightful such a strange & unexpected union.

glo
08-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Morning Glory in our garden

glo
08-30-2012, 06:49 PM
My son took this photo in our back garden at dusk. I like the warm, inviting light coming from the back window.

Qurratul Ayn
08-30-2012, 08:17 PM
^That's a very old looking and very large looking house, glo!

I really like the back of your house! :D

glo
08-30-2012, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
^That's a very old looking and very large looking house, glo!

I really like the back of your house! :D
It's not large, sister Qurratul Ayn. The building beyond the bush on the left is the neighbour's house.
But it is 100 years old.

Periwinkle18
08-30-2012, 10:29 PM
It rained yest n the sky went all yellow so i thought i'd take a pic

and then it went a lil purple too :P

MustafaMc
08-31-2012, 03:32 AM
It's not large, sister Qurratul Ayn. The building beyond the bush on the left is the neighbour's house.
But it is 100 years old.
How odd that I was listening to the radio where a person was reading a book about historical brick making in England. A person was trying to make his own bricks and gave up after 150,000 failures, figuring he couldn't ever get it right.

sister herb
08-31-2012, 07:47 AM
But it is 100 years old.
WoW 100 years old! My little summer cottage is a little younger then - only 90 years. Your house won, glo.

;D

glo
08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
How odd that I was listening to the radio where a person was reading a book about historical brick making in England. A person was trying to make his own bricks and gave up after 150,000 failures, figuring he couldn't ever get it right.
Our town is an old railway town and was built in the Victorian era for the railway workers and their families.

When you look closely at the bricks you often see some fingerprints left by the brick workers. I love that! Imagine leaving your fingerprints embedded in the bricks for all eternity! :)

MustafaMc
08-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Imagine leaving your fingerprints embedded in the bricks for all eternity!
Dont tell anyone, but I kinda doubt these bricks will last 'for all eternity'.^o)

glo
08-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Dont tell anyone, but I kinda doubt these bricks will last 'for all eternity'.^o)
Figure of speech, Mustafa, but I thought somebody might pick me up on it when I wrote it. ;D

Can we agree that the bricks will last 'for a very long time'? They have lasted for a hundred years and might last for another 100 ...

MustafaMc
08-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Can we agree that the bricks will last 'for a very long time'?
No, not really, but I can agree with, "Insha'Allah, the bricks might last another 100 years."

MustafaMc
09-01-2012, 11:35 AM
glo, your comments reminded me of petroglyphs I saw while living in Arizona, apparently made by ancient Native Americans. The video below gives an example of these drawings. You can also see modern graffiti at 1:02.

Even these ancient drawings and the Egyptian pyramids will last only as long as Allah (swt) wills for them to last.

جوري
09-02-2012, 05:36 AM
You're supposed to have the 7 dates for breakfast per Hadith but I had them for sihoor.. Al7mdullilah

Periwinkle18
09-03-2012, 03:29 PM

a pic not by me :p thought it was beautiful i just love sunsets :)

Haya emaan
09-03-2012, 05:36 PM

جوري
09-03-2012, 10:46 PM

wish I'd learn the recipe so I wouldn't continue to spend a fortune on those things bimonthly :(

Bumper to bumber traffic end of labor day weekend

Hulk
09-04-2012, 05:03 AM
LOL sis haya that cat looks shocked to see you takin a pic of it! Looks like it was relieving itself from undigested fibres!:P

Riana17
09-04-2012, 09:36 AM
UAE

I have so much photos on our trips but unfortunately I cant post most of them, as they contains either my husband's full face or my family.

My husband is down, gladly his face is not taken fully so I hope its ok to post.

This is edited (as you can see I remove my sis full photo)

This is not my shot, but I find it real beauty

Shaikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi

scaledphp?server19&ampfilenameshaikhzayedmosque&ampreslanding -

Periwinkle18
09-05-2012, 02:15 PM

lol not by me again :p didnt know where to post it, its shoo cute for all those who love cats n kittens :)

Haya emaan
09-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Moon at dawn

Periwinkle18
09-08-2012, 03:07 PM

Double rainbow love it (picture not taken by me lol sowy) Sometimes u just find some really good pics n duno where to post em.

جوري
09-21-2012, 09:29 PM
just made this lemon meringue pie (now that I have mastered meringue)

glo
09-21-2012, 09:44 PM
^
Yum! You certainly like your food, sister Ambrosia! ;D

جوري
09-21-2012, 09:46 PM
I don't eat what I make, but I feel joy when others eat it. I stick with prophetic diet.

glo
09-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I'd have a piece of that lemon meringue pie any day! :)

What does a prophetic diet contain? Only things the prophet Muhammed (pbuh) ate? (I guess he didn't have lemon meringue pie ...)

جوري
09-21-2012, 09:53 PM
stuff like this:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1538910

it turned out very good, al7mdullilah..
the secret is to make the crust at home.. once the crust is made everything else falls into place.. making the lemon filling was fun requires two lemon juices, and zest.. I like zesting because it makes the whole place smell fragrant, but also requires 4 egg yolks and I am not a fan of eggs, and the meringue is entirely egg but I flavored it with almond extract.

glo
09-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Good thing about lemon meringue pie is that it uses the egg yolks (for the lemon filling) and the egg whites (for the meringue).
No waste. I like that! :)

جوري
09-21-2012, 09:57 PM
that's very true, with macaroons something always goes to waste.

Mikayeel
09-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Attachment 5065Attachment 5066Attachment 5067

salams, some pictures from my travels this summer to turkey and sudan, for some reason i cant manage to get the picture in their actually size. Can a mod help me out with this?

Mikayeel
09-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Attachment 5068Attachment 5069Attachment 5070

Mikayeel
09-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Attachment 5071Attachment 5072

Bint-e-Adam
09-24-2012, 05:37 AM
THese are my photography skills lol.
i have taken these photos at my college tour at Mangla Dam. near Jhelum River in Punjab.

Insaanah
09-24-2012, 01:41 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel
for some reason i cant manage to get the picture in their actually size. Can a mod help me out with this?
When you insert photos directly from your computer, for some reason they come out very small. They way I've made them a bit bigger (and you can do it too) is to click on those small images that appear in your post, and you'll then see a slightly bigger image. Right click on it and select "view image", then copy the link that appears in the browser bar. Now click on edit post, then click on the square insert image icon, above where you compose a post, and choose "from URL", then paste that link that you copied.

The best way of uploading pictures in close to their original size is to upload them onto an image hosting site, such as imageshack, tinypic, photobucket etc, then use the links that you get from there to insert your photos.

You could also ask here in case somebody else knows another way around it: http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...mage-size.html

sister herb
09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel

Nice telephone. Do you know, I still have similar phone at home and it works well (if I sometimes use it). Am I a little old-fashioned? :statisfie

cuezed
09-29-2012, 10:01 PM
thought i'd share :)
Attachment 5084

Re.TiReD
09-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Attachment 5086

Attachment 5087

Attachment 5088

The London Eye

Periwinkle18
09-30-2012, 08:59 AM

Rain!!!

Hulk
10-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Shot this just now.

Bint-e-Adam
10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Shot this just now.

it is so artistic.

jameelash
10-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Salam,
MashaAllah fantastic

Periwinkle18
10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Shot this just now.

beautiful subhanAllah!! love it

cuezed
10-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Shot this just now.

mashaAllah, what a beautiful photo of Allah's creation. inshaAllah we will have this and so much better in the hereafter.

Periwinkle18
10-07-2012, 11:13 AM

Not by me again just thought they were really nice.

Periwinkle18
10-07-2012, 11:16 AM

Bint-e-Adam
10-07-2012, 11:57 AM
are all of these are really your own photography skills :O

Periwinkle18
10-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Nope they're not didn't knw where to post em

جوري
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM

piped them too early they started to melt :(
banana cupcakes with cinnamon honey frosting

Periwinkle18
10-08-2012, 02:56 PM
^ yummyyyyyy np sis send them here :)

Banu_Hashim
10-08-2012, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ

piped them too early they started to melt :(
banana cupcakes with cinnamon honey frosting
Looks delicious all the same! Post the recipe, would love to cook these myself.

جوري
10-08-2012, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inquilaab
Looks delicious all the same! Post the recipe, would love to cook these myself.
sure:
it is by Martha stewart lol
Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas), plus 1 whole banana, for garnish (optional)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Honey-Cinnamon Frosting

Directions

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  • Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
  • Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting. Just before serving, peel and slice banana into rounds, and place one on each cupcake, if desired.

http://www.marthastewart.com/314063/...-cinnamon-fros

for the frosting:

• 1 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
    • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
    • 1 tablespoon honey
    • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • _______________________________
    • I forgo the 1/4 confectioner's sugar because the honey is already very sweet and made the cinnamon 1/2 table spoon because I like it a bit spicy.. was really nice.. and it made good use of the bananas that were on their way to the garbage ...

Banu_Hashim
10-08-2012, 04:48 PM
^JazakAllah Khayr!

I'll try this soon insha Allah and post some pictures. (Only if they turn out half decent lol)

جوري
10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inquilaab
^JazakAllah Khayr!

I'll try this soon insha Allah and post some pictures. (Only if they turn out half decent lol)
Yeah they'll in shaa Allah they're relatively easy to make just don't over mix the batter and don't pipe them early. I'd not have if my niece wasn't nagging me to do it so she can try one.. she's crazy about frosting lol..

Endymion
10-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Preparing such yummy looking cupcakes,eating them alone and posting the pics here to make us drool is a crime :raging:

جوري
10-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Preparing such yummy looking cupcakes,eating them alone and posting the pics here to make us drool is a crime :raging:
come over my pretttttttttttttttttty and I'll feed ya and make ya brilliant coffee :p

Endymion
10-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Ermm...is that the offer ^o) Okay,the law has been changed :D There is no such punishment for crimes like that you just have to invite me at your place and make me taste them :p

Aprender
10-08-2012, 06:28 PM
come over my pretttttttttttttttttty and I'll feed ya and make ya brilliant coffee
I'm on my way.

glo
10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I can offer some home-grown raspberries ... very sweet and freshly picked. They'd go well with cupcakes!

جوري
10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
you've a recipe for raspberry filled cupcakes?

glo
10-08-2012, 08:03 PM
you've a recipe for raspberry filled cupcakes?
No, I haven't ... but I'm sure I could find one.

I was more thinking about sticking my raspberries on top of your lovely icing! :p

جوري
10-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I tried raspberry buttercream a couple of weeks ago came out watery and not very sweet.. raspberries and the likes need to be re-purposed otherwise they grow fungus and fast the minute they're washed in fact they must be consumed right away...

glo
10-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I agree. Raspberries are best eaten as soon as they are picked.

They don't keep very well - which is why they are so expensive to buy in the supermarkets. Looks like I have to eat them myself then. :p

جوري
10-09-2012, 05:28 PM
always good to freeze them right away.. I only ever buy frozen berries except in the old country where the berries are bar none..

Hulk
10-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Do you guys like to eat this? Or have you even tried it before?

جوري
10-09-2012, 08:53 PM
what kind of fruit is that?

Hulk
10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
It's a durian :statisfie

sister herb
10-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I think I don´t want to try it.

+o(

Also it looks like I wouldn´t want it hit me to head it it drops down...

جوري
10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
wow stale vomit and dog doo.. why do people eat it? is that the most delicious fruit or what? couldn't eat anything that I'd have to hold my breath for lol

Hulk
10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
What I find interesting is that asians love the smell/taste! It's like a real life kryptonite ;D

CosmicPathos
10-09-2012, 10:13 PM
not mine, but i do wish i was there. yes that's Kashmir.

Attachment 5136

Scimitar
10-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Nice :)

Bint-e-Adam
10-10-2012, 12:55 PM
What I find interesting is that asians love the smell/taste! It's like a real life kryptonite ;D
Yups.. Asians especially in Pakistan, people do not eat food if its color or smell seems not good. :statisfie
And colors are their life :)

Bint-e-Adam
10-10-2012, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos

Attachment 5136
i just love Kashmir :)

Periwinkle18
10-10-2012, 01:13 PM

Attachment 5136
Beautiful

glo
10-10-2012, 04:01 PM

sister herb
10-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Nice roots of the tree. Picture seems to say as: I came here to stay.

Al-bint
10-10-2012, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
i just love Kashmir
me too :)

Bint-e-Adam
10-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Are u from Pakistan?

Haya emaan
10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Playing with the new camera..:p
attachmentphp?attachmentid5142&ampd1349967759 -

attachmentphp?attachmentid5141&ampd1349967322 -

i tried to focus that web in the second pic but was unable to find out how while trying to understand all the functions and settings of the camera.. it focused the background on every mode..

Hulk
10-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Lovely pics sis haya.

This is my egg omlette, with wholegrain mustard and chilli powder!

جوري
10-11-2012, 04:32 PM
yes.. I'll have my usual pls.
http://www.eggspectations.com/

glo
10-11-2012, 04:57 PM
You're the egg king.. ever been to eggzpectations? I believe they closed down.. you could have run the joint lol
Eggsactly! ;D

Hulk
10-11-2012, 05:04 PM
If you ever want to work in my restaurant let me know you will be the eggseucutive chef!

glo
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
^
What an eggstraordinary offer!

sister herb
10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Eggscuse me but could you send more pictures, maybe about EGGS?

Hulk
10-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Cant u see im busy at the moment :p

جوري
10-11-2012, 05:38 PM
:haha: for some reason I didn't think I'd be served those miniature portions by the Hulk but am sure they pack big flavor

glo
10-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Back to the photo thread, eh? ;D

Periwinkle18
10-13-2012, 03:22 PM

glo
10-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Today hubby and I went for a long walk along a disused arm of the Grand Union Canal. (One of our favourite local walks)

Not for eating!

Life and death ...

These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they do ... :statisfie

Re.TiReD
10-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Attachment 5153

Stratford, London.

MustafaMc
10-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Today hubby and I went for a long walk along a disused arm of the Grand Union Canal. ... These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they do ... :statisfie

Song by Nancy Sinatra, "... Well, these boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do. One of these days these boots are going to walk all over you..."

Hope you keep your boots on the trail to taking more nice country pictures.

Hulk
10-17-2012, 10:23 PM
This story/pictures are a little old but I just wanted to share it.

A few years ago I was working in an all-male environment and we had lots of fun. One time we adopted a praying mantis and took care of it. We called this praying mantis Jack, this is Jack.

We always fed jack well but soon we think it's time for jack to get married so coincidentally some guys from another department found another praying mantis so we placed them in the same home. Soon they started mating. The mated for the whole of Friday and possibly over the weekend too. When we came back, Jack's mate's head was missing. I guess the mating has been complete. Soon we placed a tiny stick/branch in jack's home and after a while jack placed an egg sac on the branch.

After a while, jack left the home to move on with life(i dont remember what happened). The egg remained and so we watched it everyday.. One day we came to work and find this.

The eggs have hatched! the babies are born! We fed them small worms!

After a while though we decided to release the babies as we had no idea how to take care of them.

جوري
10-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Jack looks like he's done something really bad and then scrolling down your post I see the bad thing he did.

MustafaMc
10-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Soon we placed a tiny stick/branch in jack's home and after a while jack placed an egg sac on the branch.
hmmm don't you think Jack was really a Jill? Reminds me of one our chicks 'Lucy' who became a 'Lou' when 'she' grew up to become a rooster.

جوري
10-18-2012, 01:54 AM
This is hilarious - everyone else must be asleep

CosmicPathos
10-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Attachment 5156

on my way to work.

glo
10-18-2012, 05:45 AM
A few years ago I was working in an all-male environment and we had lots of fun.
I always wondered what men get up to when they work together in an office ... ;D

Jack looks like he's done something really bad and then scrolling down your post I see the bad thing he did.
Yes, he has a shifty sideways look about him!

glo
10-18-2012, 05:53 AM
hmmm don't you think Jack was really a Jill? Reminds me of one our chicks 'Lucy' who became a 'Lou' when 'she' grew up to become a rooster.
I'm afraid Mustafa is right, girls. :exhausted

Here is a video I found (Only watch it if a) you don't mind insects and b) you are not squeamish. The title "Female praying mantis eats male after mating" is a bit of a give-away!)

I could help but giggle about this comment "The male is quite simply the nearest high-energy meal around". I guess that's a point ...

Hulk
10-18-2012, 06:35 AM
lol I never noticed the shifty look before, i guess (s)he was feeling guilty. Hehe.. yup we realised Jack was a girl during the mating process lol but everyone was so used to calling him jack that even though we tried calling him something else we always end up going back to Jack.;D

جوري
10-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Many creatures dine on their mating partner - you'd think these fools would look twice before entering that parlour - guess the urge is stronger for them than a certain fate. They see their pals go in never to be seen or heard from again and they think 'Nah, this won't happen to me' - maybe they ought to skip cuddling!

glo
10-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Many creatures dine on their mating partner - you'd think these fools would look twice before entering that parlour - guess the urge is stronger for them than a certain fate.
I guess if you get eaten you are denied the opportunity to learn for next time - there won't be a next time!

It reminds me of the hilarious mating behaviour of male peacock spiders, who try their hardest to attract the attention of the female spiders ... but risk getting eaten instead of mating, if her ladyship is not interested!

For those who get bored easily, skip the build-up by forwarding to 3:30-ish.

Periwinkle18
10-18-2012, 12:18 PM
went on a field trip with my kids to the zoo took a few pics :)

Periwinkle18
10-18-2012, 12:23 PM

poor skinny lion lol one looked so depressed his hair went all straight not like this one i took a pic of it buh it didnt come out good would love to show u guys n my 3 yr old student was like tell him to go to sleep :P (isko bolo soo jaye :p)

sleepy lazy tiger lol duno y this time both the tigers were sleepy.

Periwinkle18
10-18-2012, 12:28 PM

geese we fed them pop corn :)

yellow n blue macaw

Red n green macaw

blue beautiful parakeets

peacock

ostrich

Some crown bird dun remember it's name I guess it was crown crane or sumfin

Periwinkle18
10-18-2012, 12:34 PM

the elephant they didnt let us touch it this time :(

Fallow deer

tortoise

not sure if its a crocodile or an aligator :S :p

Re.TiReD
10-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Beautiful Masha'Allah :D ^

But you don't have my second favourite animal, giraffes :( =P

Periwinkle18
10-18-2012, 01:46 PM
yeah it died dont hav a giraffe anymore

Endymion
10-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Which place is this,Nemo :hmm: Safari Park :hmm: Don't they have monkeys over there.I like monkeys :D And why is that Ostrick looks like an old blanket :hmm: Is it sick +o(

Our neighbours had a wonderful bull last year.I name it Akbar Malick.I asked my bro to take few pics of him.Here is one.

And this year,they have the same bull :omg: Truly a spitting image of the previous one :uuh: Im surprised if animals are twins as well :hmm:

tw009
10-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Omgg those ducks are so pretttyy!!!!

جوري
10-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Which place is this,Nemo :hmm: Safari Park :hmm: Don't they have monkeys over there.I like monkeys :D And why is that Ostrick looks like an old blanket :hmm: Is it sick +o(

Our neighbours had a wonderful bull last year.I name it Akbar Malick.I asked my bro to take few pics of him.Here is one.

And this year,they have the same bull :omg: Truly a spitting image of the previous one :uuh: Im surprised if animals are twins as well :hmm:

what makes you think it isn't last year's bull? hehe
I looked at it and thought what's wrong with it does it have some kinda goiter .. I am not good with identifying animals or herbs.. ^o)

but I am really good with bugs------ er .. I think..:hmm:

Periwinkle18
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Endy it's the karachi zoo we took the kids there cuz the theme of the month is animals :)

جوري
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Endy it's the karachi zoo we took the kids there cuz the theme of the month is animals :)
I knew it.. the first thought that came to my head is you took the kids so you can grab as many geese as you can for dinner undetected ..

~Zaria~
10-18-2012, 05:06 PM

It really hurts me when i see animals behind bars/ in cages.....esp. wild animals that dont have enough space to roam and birds that are kept in tiny cages all their lives.
Or maybe Im just too sensitive......

JazakAllah khayrun for sharing ukthi.

Periwinkle18
10-18-2012, 05:15 PM

I knew it.. the first thought that came to my head is you took the kids so you can grab as many geese as you can for dinner undetected ..
Lol no :p we fed them.our pop corn :p n some of the kids sang an Arabic nasheed abt ducks.

Periwinkle18
10-18-2012, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
It really hurts me when i see animals behind bars/ in cages.....esp. wild animals that dont have enough space to roam and birds that are kept in tiny cages all their lives.
Or maybe Im just too sensitive......

JazakAllah khayrun for sharing ukthi.

Felt the.same.Wen I saw the white lions posted a pic of them hea

CosmicPathos
10-18-2012, 10:26 PM
what are those? mega hershey's kisses chocolate by the elephant's legs?
:hiding:

جوري
10-18-2012, 11:16 PM
and fragrant at that ;D

Periwinkle18
10-19-2012, 07:48 AM
what are those? mega hershey's kisses chocolate by the elephant's legs?
:hiding:
Lol no silly :p elephant poop;D

Periwinkle18
10-19-2012, 07:50 AM
The white lions are beautiful sent they it's the first time I saw them.

Re.TiReD
10-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Attachment 5158

^^ That just cracked us both up when we saw it and we just had to take a pic :D

Attachment 5159

^^ Tower Bridge during the Olympics

Attachment 5160

^^ I *heart* roses

Periwinkle18
10-21-2012, 01:06 PM

pizza anyone??

جوري
10-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Lol no silly :p elephant poop;D

pizza anyone??
I don't know peri but pizza right after elephant poop doesn't seem appetizing! :skeleton:

Periwinkle18
10-21-2012, 03:28 PM
lol :p i warned u told u they werent mega hersheys kisses :p

Snowflake
10-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Nothing skillful about these snaps but the fog looked so beautiful this morning I had to take some photos. I'd really missed these sights so found them a bit special. Winter is beautiful.

tw009
10-21-2012, 04:35 PM
^wow I'm loving the first 2 pictures!

Endymion
10-21-2012, 06:04 PM

what makes you think it isn't last year's bull? hehe
I looked at it and thought what's wrong with it does it have some kinda goiter .. I am not good with identifying animals or herbs.. ^o)

but I am really good with bugs------ er .. I think..:hmm:
Because last year's bull is in Bull's heaven now,resting in Piece :hmm: They sacrifice him on Eidul Adha.And Akbar Malick (late) was super fit.I don't know about bull's at your place but the neck of Pakistani bull's is like that.

And im good in identifying none :p

BTW we have our cow for Eidul Adha,i name her "Mehwish" :D

Shishti Snow Flake,these pics are super,i love them :wub:

Snowflake
10-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Thank you dearies :)

Musaafirah
10-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Some Snaps of my time in BD taken last year. They're not particularly amazing, but they're some pictures of the amazing greenery that shoots up regardless of how urbanised the place has become. I was amazed at how many trees and whatnot were growing, on rooftops and every nook and cranny...
Also loved how flat it was as far as your eye could see when we drove to different places..

Rooftop view...
Attachment 5163

Another rooftop view..
Attachment 5164

Awesome looking lizardy thing that we called 'tuk tukis' (The name had me in stitches!)
Where there was light...there were tuk tukis!..
Attachment 5165

Hulk
10-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Sis Musaafirah i liked your pic but I want you to know I didn't care for the lizard pic I hate those things.

جوري
10-22-2012, 12:06 AM

my prayer rug.. it is actually made to accommodate three people so it comes in handy during Ramadan.

Periwinkle18
10-22-2012, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
Nothing skillful about these snaps but the fog looked so beautiful this morning I had to take some photos. I'd really missed these sights so found them a bit special. Winter is beautiful.

Love the pics where us this place I so wanna go sit under a tree n read for hours n hours

Snowflake
10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Love the pics where us this place I so wanna go sit under a tree n read for hours n hours
Thanks sis. It's in Birmingham, across the street from my house. It's a nice surprise seeing people liking the pics more than I'd imagined. One day I'll take some pics of a most wonderful tree I've ever come across insha Allah. You can fit about 3-4 houses under it. And the boughs are like a giant's arms. It's so tall and strong. An Oak I think. I'd love to live under it :)

Periwinkle18
10-22-2012, 10:14 AM

Caterpillar !!

my 3 yr old student holding the caterpillar.

A slug :p was too slimey i didnt hold it told a frnd :p

crab

star fish

the frog kept hopping here n there.

went to the science lab with the kids had so much fun in the end we painted stuff on their hands :)

Endymion
10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Those cute little hands calm me down but no more dirty bugs again :heated:

Periwinkle18
10-26-2012, 03:28 PM
The goats :) gng to get slaughtered 2mrw

i call this one snow white :p

this one keeps hitting the others

n this ones the sleepy goat

جوري
10-26-2012, 03:30 PM
he seems reflective... good to ponder in ones last hours me thinkus..

Periwinkle18
10-26-2012, 03:34 PM
i read this somewhere ;p

A male sheep told a female sheep "I love u" the female sheep replied "what's the point...?
It's
Bakra Eid Tomorrow!" :-P :-P

Musaafirah
10-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Some more BD pictures.
I uploaded them onto Photobucket this time though, as the other ones looked teeny tiny!
Another rooftop view:

Bridge and boats which we then sat on for our tour (if that makes sense)

We sat on these chairs which were placed on the boats (Imagine my shock, horror) It was actually a comfortable ride...

Which then enabled me to take the pictures below, Boat top view..
Complete and utter flatness (It's a flood plain after all)

Let there be light!! (And more flatness)

And I think I could see a sort of tornado or something building up, but camera wasn't too good at capturing the image, so you'll have to make do with imagining it is one, but far far far away (Look above the house)

Periwinkle18
10-30-2012, 11:50 AM

bbq

my plate :p

paan <3 :p

my student gave me an eid card :)

glo
10-30-2012, 05:26 PM
^
Oh, now I'm hungry!!

sis muslimah
11-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Attachment 5198

Attachment 5199

Attachment 5200

islamica
11-06-2012, 11:19 PM
English -Chinese key board :)

thermos I saw at a desi/international store

Mustafa2012
11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
While passing through duty free these cars caught my eye. They were on a raffle. Obviously I couldn't resist taking some pics.

P.S. I don't drive one of these just yet but there's nothing wrong with dreaming right?

جوري
11-07-2012, 04:00 AM
:haha: nothing at all wrong with dreaming - it's lovely may Allah swt grant you what's better than it in this life and the next!

Ameen

Mustafa2012
11-07-2012, 05:21 PM
:haha: nothing at all wrong with dreaming - it's lovely may Allah swt grant you what's better than it in this life and the next!

Ameen
Ameen! :jz:

Same to you.

جوري
11-08-2012, 12:53 AM
For some strange reason I thought you were a sis as I am using my iPhone and things are tiny I am glad I didn't make a comment about avoiding getting it in pink lol- I'd love a silver brabus myself but would be content not reaching for the jumper cables every time I get into my pathfinder

Endymion
11-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Lol,me too.I thought its Haya coz she had the same avatar a few days before :statisfie

Mustafa2012
11-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I changed my avatar a few days ago as I got bored with the last one.

جوري
11-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Lol no worries may Allah swt grant you that which is better in the two lots just the same- we'll just wave as you whiz by rather than insist on taking a ride with had you been sr. Haya!

Mustafa2012
11-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Riyadh KSA, 2011

Musaafirah
11-15-2012, 08:51 PM
A continuum of my BD pictures
Greenery...
Thrives everywhere, even on top of crowded ups shops..

A slight close up

A different angle..

And a zoomed out view..

Musaafirah
11-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Then some UK pictures of my local park.
Me loves to take a walk around there when the weather's nice.

Swans!!!

Wasn't sure if we could feed them though. There were some faded signs on the floor, but couldn't quite read them...

glo
11-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Joining sister Musaafirah in posting autumn scenes from the UK:

Endymion
11-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Sighting the moon of first Islamic month.I tried to capture it while standing on a chair but got a disturbed pic :hmm: Here is what i got.

I made a small video as well which also fail to represent the beauty but its good anyway :statisfie didn't post that because of the back ground music made by generator :p

Periwinkle18
11-17-2012, 02:23 PM

This caterpillar turned into a butterfly :)

the pic isnt tht clear :p

Periwinkle18
11-17-2012, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafirah
A continuum of my BD pictures
Greenery...
Thrives everywhere, even on top of crowded ups shops..

A slight close up

A different angle..

And a zoomed out view..

wow i love greenery :)

Periwinkle18
11-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Joining sister Musaafirah in posting autumn scenes from the UK:

SubhanAllah beautiful just look at the colours i loveee maple leaves

Endymion
11-18-2012, 02:52 PM
The Moon is 3 days old now :statisfie

This cat bothered us so +o( A few months before she brought her baby born kittens to our home and put them down my baby's bed :skeleton: Last night she ate Chicken tikka on our foot met.She has a habit of coming again and again which really bothers :heated: A few days before i went up stairs and i saw her tied with the grill calling for help,i brought a scissor and cut the rope.The other day i saw a new rope in her neck,think she's a pet.Today morning i was playing with my niece or better say She was playing with me :hmm: when i notice her in the gallery.I took one pic and as she moved her face towards me and i focus my camera on her,a flying sleeper arrive behind me and she ran :omg: It was my mom attacked the cat and she went offended on me im making her familiar by taking her photos :-[

islamica
11-18-2012, 11:08 PM
:D

Scimitar
11-19-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm no photography expert, but I took this pic of a honey comb thingy in India. We found it stuck to a tree and took it down, cleaned it up (props to Baldev who got stung during the process) and then I snapped it.

Got loads of pics of this honeycomb thingy, and some vids too. the vids are cool :)

Anyway, the pic:

EDIT: Full sized here: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2nla80x.jpg

Scimitar
11-19-2012, 05:41 AM
wow i love greenery
I took this pic of a lake, YES, a lake... look at the greenery on it, the flowers, and that tree in the middle of it. Beautiful isn't it?

Large Pic link: http://oi45.tinypic.com/34681mw.jpg

And this one is on top of Mount Ghor, stunning... kinda have to be there to appreciate it in full: http://oi50.tinypic.com/2r4ir11.jpg

Scimi :)

(so pleased I could finally contribute to this thread :) )

Periwinkle18
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM
SubhanAllah wow beautiful the flowers, the tree everything looks so good. A good place to go n read a book :)

Musaafirah
11-19-2012, 07:14 PM
More Parky pictures (My local one, the pictures were taken during April methinks, when it was cold, but pretty out!)

Check out the muscles on this one!

Stairway to......?

Oooh, spooky trees, Come over to the dark side.... We have cookies!
(Apologies for the hand in the corner, the sisters love to ruin all my scene shots, so these are the very few pictures where I don't have someone randomly jumping in...)

Periwinkle18
11-23-2012, 03:04 PM

Chicken corn soup anyone??

Endymion
11-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Chicken corn soup anyone??
Isn't that already taken by a lady ^o) And you are inviting us just to watch :skeleton:

Endymion
11-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Dunno whats its real name but we call it "helicopter" :p

Its the cat of that cute Uncle lived in front of our house.He had a mongoose as well but after his death,both the animals become orphan.Mongoose is missing but i saw the cat today.

Can i post the pics of my niece here :hmm:

sister herb
11-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Can i post the pics of my niece here :hmm:
As I remember that before of this thread was mentioned that pictures of people aren´t allowed to send as it might risk they security. No faces of persons.

Periwinkle18
11-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Dunno whats its real name but we call it "helicopter" :p

Dragonfly

Scimitar
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM
This is a flower in our garden in India, caught this shot in the night :) link to full size pic: http://oi47.tinypic.com/2l92ofs.jpg

marwen
11-26-2012, 08:22 PM
^ That seems a professional shot, from a .. Professional Cajun Chicken Wrestler.

Scimitar
11-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Wrestling tandoori chickens at the moment bro, being in India and all :D Can't wait til I go Mexico insha-Allah :) Taking camera, tripod and maybe even an extra flash!

Coming back to the UK on Thursday insha-Allah, then I'll start to edit the videos I made with this cam. once I'm done (gimme a week or so) I'll upload it to youtube so you can see :)

I'm just wondering where to post the vid in the forum... not sure it deserves it's own thread.

Scimi

Amat Allah
11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Humbly, some photoes of ma cooking:

Homemade Pudding

Cupcakes

Homemade Vanilla Ice cream (I think i posted this here before)

glo
11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Coming back to the UK on Thursday insha-Allah
Let me warn you about the weather then ... how is cold, wet and windy for you? ;D

Scimitar
11-26-2012, 08:50 PM
...troubling. I've been enjoying the sun here. Seriously, it's baking here and it's supposed to be winter lol :D

One more pic... anyone guess where this one is from? - clue: history is an amazing thing. I doubt anyone has ever photographed this. I might be the first to have caught this... I have the whole site on video too :)

Jedi_Mindset
11-26-2012, 09:03 PM
looks awesome bro :D!...reminds me of this man

Scimitar
11-26-2012, 09:17 PM
got it in one bro, in one... I tell you what, it can be in an "Indian Yunus" movie for real :D The site is straight out of Prince of Persia game dungeons, or even Zelda :D

Even most of the locals are unaware of its' existence !!! Fantabulously soup herb!!! it really is a hidden treasure.

Scimi

EDIT: LOOOOL @ *INDIAN YUNUS*

COMING TO A YOUTUBE CHANNEL, NEAR YOU SOON :D

islamica
11-27-2012, 02:25 AM

Endymion
11-27-2012, 12:58 PM

One more pic... anyone guess where this one is from? - clue: history is an amazing thing. I doubt anyone has ever photographed this. I might be the first to have caught this... I have the whole site on video too :)

I can't see the video is that the cave of ajanta :hmm:

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-27-2012, 03:09 PM
...troubling. I've been enjoying the sun here. Seriously, it's baking here and it's supposed to be winter lol :D

Oh My!! if Only I was there with my camera, this would seriously be a treat to photograph!! :D good job on the photo! :)

- cOsMiC

Pure Purple
11-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I can't see the video is that the cave of ajanta
Scriptures are written in arabic ,I don't think this is ajanta caves and it's not in gujrat.Bro is in gujrat.

Endymion
11-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Aha i can read the word "Khawaja" in 4th line and "Shawwal" in 5th line.Is Khwaja an Arabic word :hmm:

Scimitar
11-27-2012, 06:07 PM
This is actually in Gujarat.... around 10 mins away from where I live :)

I'll reveal all when I upload the video, Insha-Allah.

Scimi

جوري
11-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Khwaja
I think it is Turkish but we use it in the ME it means foreigner .. that's how you address an expat. living in your country with a MR- the khwaja John smith..:skeleton:

Periwinkle18
11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
This is a flower in our garden in India, caught this shot in the night :) link to full size pic: http://oi47.tinypic.com/2l92ofs.jpg

SubhanAllah beautiful just look at the colours

Endymion
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM
I found this insect on stairs dunno how he lost his one leg :hmm: but his colors looks good to me :D The flash disturbed him and he ran away.When i showed this pic to mum,she gave me a angry look and told me he was irritating her while reciting Quran after Maghrib and when she did some shoo shoo,it flew away and then i came to know it can fly as well :skeleton:

Moon is 13 days old now.I took these pics right after Maghrib.

A little disturbed image.

White Rose
11-30-2012, 05:45 AM
I found this insect on stairs dunno how he lost his one leg but his colors looks good to me The flash disturbed him and he ran away.When i showed this pic to mum,she gave me a angry look and told me he was irritating her while reciting Quran after Maghrib and when she did some shoo shoo,it flew away and then i came to know it can fly as well
Sis what happened to your messaging systems? I tried to send one but it said you dont allow messages or something :(

Endymion
11-30-2012, 04:48 PM
I sometimes disable this option but post deleted messages somehow found a way to reach me :skeleton:

And im there to welcome ya you'll find the gates open today :p

Periwinkle18
12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Hot shots anyone?? :) made them after a long long time turned out gr8 alhumdulillah

Endymion
12-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Num num you should post this in IB kitchen club along the recipe :playing:

glo
12-05-2012, 06:43 PM

Frosty fence

Periwinkle18
12-06-2012, 10:34 AM
^ beautiful

glo
12-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks, Periwinkle.
I remember taking the picture in a bit of a hurry, because I worried that the rising sun would melt the delicate ice shapes before I could take the shot!
It was good timing - lit up by the sun but not yet melted. 5 Minutes later and I might have been too late ...

Periwinkle18
12-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Choco cake anyone??

Smells chocolatey ayee :p reminds me of matilda lol couldnt make the icing didnt have the energy to do anything else buh Alhumdulillah atleast i baked the cake :) n it turned out gr8 alhumdulillah

Periwinkle18
12-08-2012, 05:28 PM
^^ Would hav been amazing with the icing n a scoop of ice cream with it sad i can't hav ice cream or anything cold at the mo :(

Endymion
12-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Looks amazing :thumbs_up Just like the chocolate cake of Cillies :playing: Love it.Will kidnap you some day and make you prepare all these dishes for me agagagagaaa ;D

Periwinkle18
12-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Lol I won't b of any use itni kidnap me now ;p

Periwinkle18
12-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Balloons at the book fair m not sure if m allowed to post other pictures as they hav ppl in them.

glo
12-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Our town's annual lantern festival. This robot stood at least 10 foot tall and was made by the local primary school children. Neat!

جوري
12-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Reminds me of the movie the wicker man which was made before I was born but am glad I got to see it reflects today's society in many ways

glo
12-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Reminds me of the movie the wicker man which was made before I was born but am glad I got to see it reflects today's society in many ways
A bit more cheery perhaps. :)

I saw the Wicker Man once. Scary movie!

glo
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Today was a very frosty day and the freezing fog had made pretty frosty patterns ...
Sadly I didn't manage to get out until lunch time, when it was starting to melt.

Periwinkle18
12-12-2012, 05:31 PM
^ SubhanAllah beautiful love it

glo
12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
^ SubhanAllah beautiful love it
I was very disappointed not to get out of the office before lunchtime.
The morning was SPECTACULAR with the completely white trees set against a pale pink morning sky. God's creation is so beautiful!

glo
12-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Yesterday I took a rare trip to London to go to the German embassy. I had a great day, just wandering around and taking in the scenery.

Here are a few images:

Drury Lane

Covent Garden

St James' Park

Buckingham Palace

Chinatown

Scimitar
12-14-2012, 07:20 PM
sis glo, that jacket potato place in Covent Garden (thumbs up) I believe it was just a little lower and to the left of the pic you took :D

Now i really wanna go there for those spuds... oh, and ofcourse, Neil St. :) I need my next pair of Onitsuka Tiger training shoes :D

Scimi

glo
12-15-2012, 08:07 AM
sis glo, that jacket potato place in Covent Garden (thumbs up) I believe it was just a little lower and to the left of the pic you took
I didn't stop to eat at Covent Garden. Do you recommend it?

I cropped the picture to cut out the Merry Christmas sign ...
We took our children to London some years back, when my son was perhaps 10 or so. He was very unimpressed and thought that "everything looked like at home, only bigger". ;D

But he LOVED Covent Garden - especially the street artists.

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-15-2012, 10:56 AM

A beautiful mosque near my neighborhood.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.