/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Astro-Physics, Particle Physics etc.

Ameeratul Layl
10-11-2006, 12:46 PM
:sl:

I intend to study Physics at University,inshAllah. I will be taking a gap year to develop some skills before I take on University work. Just to help to gain an insight.

I have to fill in my UCAS application thing and I don't know what subject/topic of Physics I should take. I know there is stuff like 'Particle physics, astro Physics.'

Could someone list the various Physics topics and what they are about. InshAllah.

JazakAllah in advance

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
10-11-2006, 03:10 PM
salam,

Anyone??

wasalam

akulion
10-11-2006, 03:21 PM
http://encarta.msn.com/media_4615341...n_Physics.html

Ameeratul Layl
10-11-2006, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
JazakAllah akhee.
Printing out to read.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
10-11-2006, 03:24 PM
wiyakum

ur welcome :)

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 07:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

I intend to study Physics at University,inshAllah. I will be taking a gap year to develop some skills before I take on University work. Just to help to gain an insight.

I have to fill in my UCAS application thing and I don't know what subject/topic of Physics I should take. I know there is stuff like 'Particle physics, astro Physics.'

Could someone list the various Physics topics and what they are about. InshAllah.

JazakAllah in advance

salams sis i dunno how it works in ur country xactly... btu i think dere'd be like a standard set of subjects studetns take in their first year? or lookup their courseguides, they would hav that stuff im sure.

wat do u mean by particle physics? u mean the quantum stuff? or u mean kinematics/kinetics of particle systems?

salams

Ameeratul Layl
10-25-2006, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
salams sis i dunno how it works in ur country xactly... btu i think dere'd be like a standard set of subjects studetns take in their first year? or lookup their courseguides, they would hav that stuff im sure.

wat do u mean by particle physics? u mean the quantum stuff? or u mean kinematics/kinetics of particle systems?

salams

I don't know what I meant by that myself. I used it as an example.

I have decided that InshAllah, I will be taking Physics and Mathematics (combined).

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 11:06 AM
u sure u can take a combined degree in one faculty :? and endup with full major in each?

i thought u can only do combined degrees which are cross faculty.. e.g. sci/arts (yuck) or eng/sci etc...

coz i enquired about majoring in two discipliens from one faculty n they said das not possible.. unless i do pgrad...

salams

Ameeratul Layl
10-25-2006, 11:08 AM
u sure u can take a combined degree in one faculty :? and endup with full major in each?

i thought u can only do combined degrees which are cross faculty.. e.g. sci/arts (yuck) or eng/sci etc...

coz i enquired about majoring in two discipliens from one faculty n they said das not possible.. unless i do pgrad...

salams
I have looked at several Universities and the one I really want to go to has:

Mathematics and Physics

I assume it IS combined...

I hope your not trying to out me off!

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 11:11 AM
I have looked at several Universities and the one I really want to go to has:

Mathematics and Physics

I assume it IS combined...

I hope your not trying to out me off!
huh i swear i'm tryin 2b helpful :rollseyes

das cool then......... math is part of sci faculty at my uni das y i was confused....

i was inquiring about majoring in management n economics which is a totally idff faculty so that maybe xplains it..
salams

Ameeratul Layl
10-25-2006, 11:13 AM
huh i swear i'm tryin 2b helpful :rollseyes

das cool then......... math is part of sci faculty at my uni das y i was confused....

i was inquiring about majoring in management n economics which is a totally idff faculty so that maybe xplains it..
salams
Management and economics? Sounds a mouthful. Have you filled in the UCAS? I haven't. :w:

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 11:16 AM
^ wats ucas :uuh:

Ameeratul Layl
10-25-2006, 11:19 AM
^ wats ucas :uuh:

application to various universities. Don't ask me to elborate...its a headache. :D

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 11:21 AM
i wont :D

already admitted :D alhamdulilah :)

Ameeratul Layl
10-25-2006, 11:26 AM
i wont :D

already admitted :D alhamdulilah :)
Yes okay, don't rub it in. :rant:
:w: :D InshAllah you will get through. Make dua they let me in.

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes okay, don't rub it in. :rant:
:w: :D InshAllah you will get through. Make dua they let me in.
ameeeeeeeeeeeen :)

honestly didnt mean 2boast or nefn :hiding: so sorry the news dat i been admitted 2uni upset u :p

Ameeratul Layl
10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
ameeeeeeeeeeeen :)

honestly didnt mean 2boast or nefn :hiding: so sorry the news dat i been admitted 2uni upset u :p

Sis lolwatever...stop it!

Out of interest, are there any other brs or sisters who are hoping to take mathematics and physics OR have taken it.
Hope to take the course: Are you looking forward to the course?
Have taken the course:How did you find the course?

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 11:35 AM
engineerin count :?

Ameeratul Layl
10-25-2006, 11:39 AM
engineerin count :?
Yes brother, it does.
I am hoping to take a gap year and THEN attend uni in which time I hope to have some work experience. One of the ideas were engineering.

Do tell me.

seeker_of_ilm
10-25-2006, 11:41 AM

I have applied to 5 Unis for Civil Engineering, thats got a lot of Maths and Physics.

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Yes sister, it does.
I am hoping to take a gap year and THEN attend uni in which time I hope to have some work experience. One of the ideas were engineering.

Do tell me.

engineering is more useful than straight science.... in my opinion... allahu alam :) but then again, maybe math/sci is good for sisters... u can do things like research n stuff when ur bizzy with family in future or something... which might be less intensiv than engineering :? but eng is so wide u can endup in something dat'd suit ur situation nicely too....

make istikharha
salams

Malaikah
10-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Have taken the course:How did you find the course?

I had to do some physics subjects in first year... physics rocks! im not majoring in it or anything though...

in first year we do like a standard physics subjects where we just cover a bits and pieces from all the different topics (we cover a LOT of material though!), thats good cos you dont have to worry yet about what you want to major in...

i really enjoyed the subject- electromag is the worst i hate it, but the rest is cool

btw particle physics is a bit different to quantum but they over lap heaps (quantum is hard! the maths is scary, but alhamdulilah they use computers to do it)

lolwatever
10-25-2006, 11:53 AM
umm engineering is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrry mathematically intensive actually. Plus it's more than just physics.... coz u cover things like materials engineering, thermofluid, control system (which is electro stuff i guess) and tonnes of otehr things...

and its not high school chem or high school physics... u really do use every bit of math u learn in uni.... differential equations (first, second.. and higher orders), integral calculus, complex numbers.. sequences n series... phasor notations... u name it

ameerah ill pm u one of my lecture slides, ull like it :D since ur a math person :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.