/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Diligent Ant

madeenahsh
10-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen mentioned in his books Kitaab-ul-‘Ilm in the chapter ‘Elements that assist one in Obtaining Knowledge’:

“I was informed by my diligent Shaykh, ‘Abdur-Rahmaan as-Sa’dee, it was mentioned about al-Kasaee, the Imaam of nahoo (Arabic grammar) from Kufa (located in the area of Iraq ), that he sought knowledge of nahoo, but he was not able to become grounded in it. One day, he noticed an ant climbing the wall with a piece of food. Every time it tried to climb, it would fall. But the ant was diligent until it overcame this difficulty and climbed the wall. Al-Kasaee then said: ‘This ant persevered until it reached its goal.’ He (al-Kasaee) therefore was persistent until he became a scholar in nahoo

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

BarakAllahu feek.. it's like that Poem by one of the Ulamaah:

"Al-Ilm Harbun Lil' Fataa Al-Mut'aaliy ...

.. Kas-saylu harbun Lil'Makaan Al-'Aaliy."

Knowledge is a struggle for the Lofty Youth..

..Like it's a struggle for the tide to reach a high place..

May Allah make it easier on Us all!!

Allah Ma3ak :peace:

Mawaddah
10-18-2006, 06:02 PM
^ Masha'allah!!

Princess I was just saying that poem to myself a few days ago ;)

Jazakillah khair sisters!! :thumbs_up

Curaezipirid
10-27-2006, 07:38 AM
The most diligent among the small people are those whom persever with causing adherence to communally agreed upon rulings even when they can perceive apparent contradictions.

To their hour Mubarak!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
10-27-2006, 07:54 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
jazakallahu khair.
nice example.
:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!