/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help translate...some detective work might be needed

Rabi'ya
10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
:sl:

As you probably know, i dont speak arabic but my brother in law has got this word stuck in his head and needs it translated. He thinks it may be a word from the quraan but seeing as nonw of us are native arabs we're not 100% sure of the spelling either

the word is Yaksamouna...might be Yaqsamuna

or something similar to this. it might be two words...but again im not sure

are there any arab detectives out there?

jazakAllah kheir

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahidah4Allah
10-17-2006, 07:29 PM

hmm what could the original word be, frm my understanding, [i aint an arab n my arabic not good] but yeah, yaqsamuna, could the original word be qasm.. ? as in like promise? dunno we need an arab expert...

ma'salamah

Rabi'ya
10-17-2006, 07:43 PM

jazakAllah kheir sister....i wish there were more people online tho :playing: i need to find out!!

*noor
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

Yaqsamouna i think means they promise or they swear

a similar word which is Yuqassimouna means they divide

I hope that helps sis Rab.

wa Allaahu a3lam

I

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
jazakAllah kheir - ill pass that on......

(PS ill give some reps soon, but ive run out for today - soz)

Mawaddah
10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Yes it's like how sis *noor said it

except that it's Yaqsimoona

Wassalam :)

*noor
10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Yes it's like how sis *noor said it

except that it's Yaqsimoona

ooooooooooohhhhhhh

i tried :D

Mujahidah4Allah
10-17-2006, 09:02 PM
^ hey i tried aswell being a non arab lol :p

ma'salamah

Caller الداعي
11-02-2006, 11:58 AM
aslam alaikum,, yep as the sis said
heres the ayat of quran :
Az-Zukhruf (The Gold Adornments) > [43:32]
Ahum yaqsimoona rahmata rabbika ....
Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of thy Lord?

rembr me in ur duaz

Rabi'ya
11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
jazakAllah kheir brother.....can u explain a little more about this for me? i mean the next few ayat etc, and the general meaning surrounding this...

Caller الداعي
11-06-2006, 04:32 PM
asslam alaikum sis!

I will try to explain the meaning of the ayah inshallah:

Surah zukhruf43:32
Is it they who distribute the Mercy of thy Lord? It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in the life of this world: and We raise some of them above others in ranks, so that some may command work from others. But the Mercy of thy Lord is better than the (wealth) which they amass.

Explanation:
the mushkrin of makkah were complaining and objecting at the prophet s.a.w as to why he was made prophet by Allah and not anyone else like alwaleed ibn almughirah or Utbah ibn Rabiah or someone like that…

So what the ayah is saying is that the prophet hood which is mentioned as ‘mercy of your Lord’ is a very important responsibility and cannot be carried by any person even if he may be popular or rich.
Allah the All-knowing has created all of humankind and knows who is fit enough to become a prophet which is why he chose the prophet s.a.w.

The way in which Allah answers the objection of the mushrikin of makkah is that He says Allah is only befitting to distribute His shares of prophet hood and chose who becomes a prophet not these people.

Then Allah gives an example as to how incapable they are at distributing prophet hood that they are unable to distribute the sustenance and wealth to the ppl in this world.
That is why Allah distributes wealth…and this is an indication to the natural system of supply and demand and other things not mentioning here so as not to make it too long.

And thru this distribution of wealth, Allah has made some ppl higher in worldly rank than other so that some may work for other and employ them.
Now if we didn’t have this system and ppl or organisations were responsible for distributing wealth than who would work and nobody would want the hard jobs…and inevitably there would be no one ready to work for others…

Allah knows best
i know its a bit short but hope that was of help.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.